Tamgerine
I need a title
I need a title

Re: October 2009 - Part 2

Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:06 pm

nicolebaxter92 wrote:
Yay hen's triplets!
What everyone's hen's plan?
My sisters are planning mine 8O But I know we are having a pash party ('adult' party plan) lingerie, massage oils, 'toys' lol and then watching wedding movies (I am addicted to dvds and tv) then heading off to a restaurant for dinner and happy hour cocktails!

Mine is all a complete surprise omgggg

Tamgerine
I need a title
I need a title

Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:21 pm

Listy coming throuuuuuugh

------------
Done since last update
- Double-checked that the list for the accomodation and everything was ok
- Added one more couple for one more night to accomodation list
- E-mail jeweller about tiara and arrange for Mum to drop it off
- Three invites still to send (return to senders) ... all sent!
- Cats to have vaccinations (done last Monday)
- Keep adding to RSVP list
- Purchase sarong to go with swimmers for honeymoon
- Purchase nice underwear for wedding and honeymoon
*Trip to Melbourne to see fiance - (probably) Wednesday 9 September to Friday 11 September*
- Personally deliver dress to Melbourne Bridesmaid (no longer have a Melbourne Bridesmaid)
- Workout what to do about Bridesmaid's shoes with Melbourne Bridesmaid (see above)
- Pick up Canberra Groomsman's suit
*Weekend in Canberra with two of my bridesmaids - Friday 11 September to Sunday 13 September*
- Personally deliver dresses to Canberra Bridesmaids
- Personally deliver suit to Canberra Groomsman
- Sort out shoes with Canberra bridesmaids
- Arrange transfer of money from Mum to my account

Still to do
Less than three weeks to go - Sunday 13 September - Saturday 19 September
- Appointment with dressmaker for next fitting (Saturday 19 September, 1pm)
- Adam to drop off cats at boarding cattery
- Mum to make arrangements for dinner for family night before wedding
- Chase any missing RSVPs
- Buy Dad's "Parent's gift" (bottle of nice Scotch)
- Buy Mum's birthday present
- Decide what to wear to hen's night and purchase new outfit if necessary
- Now have honeymoon lingerie, just need wedding night stuff!
- Finalise accomodation for the night before and night of the wedding (just need to advise what room configuration we want) - still waiting confirmation
- Collect tiara from jeweller
- Cancel hoop booking
- E-mail hairdresser about final thoughts on hair style
- Find out how much is owing on everything in order to make payments
- Get a rough idea together about what music to have at ceremony/reception
- Get a rough idea together about vows and readings to be done at the ceremony (and speeches at the reception)
- Make appointment with doctor so I can be off all of my meds by the wedding day!
- Have e-ring rhodium plated (MUST be done this week)
- Make the thank-you cards
- Make bonbon boxes
- Make garter belt
- Make FH's present (drawing of the two of us)
- Chase any missing RSVPs, hopefully finalise
- Make arrangements to collect money from bridal party for outfits and accomodation
- Send venue run-sheets back to venue with all choices/corrections
- Finalise ceremony booklet for celebrant

Less than two weeks to go - Sunday 20 September - Saturday 26 September
*Includes preparation for hen's night and hen's night itself (Saturday 26 September)*
- Meet with photographers to discuss shoot and locations (appointment on 23 September with photographers - 6pm)
- Have final meeting with celebrant and finalise vows and view birth certs - (appointment on 23 September with celebrant - 1pm)
- Hair appointment (colour) - ?
- Final dress-fitting, picking up dress - ?

- Finalise numbers (should be no more missing RSVPs)
- Finalise the seating arrangement (FH has done a good job of this in Visio)
- Finalise the numbers with the venue
- Get Bella champers for pre-wedding and toast
- Organise food for pre-wedding/ getting ready

Less than one week to go - Sunday 27 September - Saturday 3rd october
**Wedding day is 4th October**
- E-mail or phone ALL vendors to check everything is progressing smoothely
- Have manicure one or two days before
- Visit day spa one or two days before
- Have conditioning treatment done to hair three or four days before
- Pack up all of my crap to be taken home/ do washing
- Pack for night before
- Pack for honeymoon

Wedding Day Itself:
[No reminders yet]

Oscar17
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:01 am

How is everyone going with RSVP's? Our RSVP date is next Wednesday 23rd and we are only waiting on 20 more people to reply. From some of the horror stories on here, i thought it may be heaps worse!

I have also bought a hens night outfit- a black dress and some sparkly pink peep toe high heels from Betts.

We had a meeting with our venue on the weekend and chose a cake and went through the timeline for the day- it is very scheduled- hopefully we will have some time to relax and have fun and take some time out together!

I also have my very first dress fitting on Friday- i am pretty excited about it!

Hope everyone else is going well too

Green Wedding!
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:01 pm

Oscar...our RSVP cutoff was today....and we are still waiting on like 48 GRRRRR!

I had dress fitting today, which was great, fits like a glove. And hair and makeup last Saturday, which was also perfect.

Ah, it's so close girls! :)

Tamgerine
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:55 am

Green Wedding! wrote:
Oscar...our RSVP cutoff was today....and we are still waiting on like 48 GRRRRR!

I had dress fitting today, which was great, fits like a glove. And hair and makeup last Saturday, which was also perfect.

Ah, it's so close girls! :)

8O 8O 8O 48? Out of how many? Geeeeez.

Oscar: I got my hen's night dress too, a cute pink dress from Target. How I love thee, House of Target.

Tan984
Mrs Stranger Danger
Mrs Stranger Danger

Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:10 pm

I still haven't heard from a couple in our wedding party, they're obviously coming but it would be nice to get the RSVP back since I went to all the effort making the invitations. I had about 15 people that hadn't RSVP'd by the date. Pretty annoying but you get that, I'm glad I didn't leave the RSVP to the last minute cause at least we have time to chase people now.
Very exciting!!! I have my hens night this Saturday!! I can't wait. My MOH and I are having a hair trial in the morning and then we're going to my mum's to try on our dresses as she hasn't seen my dress since i bought it nearly 2 years ago, so it'll be nice to have us both dressed together, I may even pull out our flowers to get the full picture! I'm looking forward to a nice day with my MOH and then dinner and cocktails later that night plus lots of dancing! Only one bad thing, the broncos are playing at 7:30 Saturday night, the exact time of our dinner booking and where we're going probably won't have a TV so I'm expecting my dad and other mates to send me sms updates every 10 minutes!! :D
Who else has their hens night this weekend? After this weekend it's kinda like the home stretch, I don't think it's really sunk in that I'm getting married soon! I reckon it won't hit me till the morning of the wedding, I'll probably have a major anxiety attack I may need to have a few champagnes with breakfast me thinks!!!

Oscar17
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:15 pm

Tam: Yay for hens night dresses! And yay for pink- my hens night shoes are pink and very sparkly!

Green Wedding- that is a lot of RSVP's to be waiting for- we have one week to go today and have received 10 more in the last two days! I am pretty sure that we will have to chase up about 10-14 people, which means 7 couples, so not too bothered about it.

Tan- i am having my hair trial on my hens day too! My hens is on the 3rd October. Have a great time this weekend!

Emm80- love that you are going to the races and cool theme!

Chooky- have a great time at your hens this weekend!

little miss sunshine

Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:21 pm

It is very annoying how people don't RSVP in time! Our RSVP date is on Friday and we are waiting on about 15 replies. On a good note out of the 140 we invited have only had 8 no's :D

Tan it sounds like you have a fun day/night planned for saturday! My hens party is in 2 weeks and i cant wait!!

Green Wedding!
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:55 pm

It was 48 out of 111 invites. We have it down to 27 now, annoying this is, I had to put a post on Facebook to get some of them to reply!

People just don't realise.

Oh, my Bridal Shower invites went out today. We are having a Chocoholics Dream Party! Mmm, chocolate! lol. Can't wait for that.

Hope everyone has fun at their hens that are this weekend.

Tamgerine
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:17 pm

Tan: How exciting that your hens is THIS SATURDAY!!! Woohoo! I am actually having my hair dyed and styled that day myself - why slave over your hair on that day when someone else can, lol.

Little Miss Sunshine: Yay for our hen's coming up too, the Hen's Triplets!!

Green Wedding: LOL, FaceBook has been quite a handy tool - imagine the days before e-mail and FB!

Well, almost finished making my garter belt - a pic can be seen on my show and tell. :D ... and excuse me while I re-post my big a$$ list again ...

Tamgerine
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:25 pm

Haha, hope you all don't mind my MEGA LIST OF DOOM popping up in here from time to time ...

------------
Done since last update
- Decide what to wear to hen's night and purchase new outfit if necessary - done, yay :tick:
- Now have honeymoon lingerie, just need wedding night stuff! - done, woohoo :tick:
- E-mail hairdresser about final thoughts on hair style - done :tick:
- Find out how much is owing on everything in order to make payments doneeeeee :tick:

Still to do
Less than three weeks to go - Sunday 13 September - Saturday 19 September
- Appointment with dressmaker for next fitting (Saturday 19 September, 1pm)
- Adam to drop off cats at boarding cattery
- Mum to make arrangements for dinner for family night before wedding (Mum needs to book at Southbank)
- Chase any missing RSVPs
- Buy Dad's "Parent's gift" (bottle of nice Scotch)
- Buy Mum's birthday present
- Buy Adam a wallet (decided not to do our portrait until after wedding)
- Finalise accomodation for the night before and night of the wedding (just need to advise what room configuration we want) - confirmation received, need to double-check and start chasing people for money
- Collect tiara from jeweller
- Cancel hoop booking
- Get a rough idea together about what music to have at ceremony/reception
- Get a rough idea together about vows and readings to be done at the ceremony (and speeches at the reception)
- Make appointment with doctor so I can be off all of my meds by the wedding day!
- Have e-ring rhodium plated (MUST be done this week) - ready to pick up from jeweller on Friday :)
- Make the thank-you cards
- Make bonbon boxes
- Make garter belt
- Chase any missing RSVPs, hopefully finalise
- Make arrangements to collect money from bridal party for outfits and accomodation (Bridesmaid 2 has already paid for her dress)
- Send venue run-sheets back to venue with all choices/corrections
- Finalise ceremony booklet for celebrant
- Make a few payments this week

Less than two weeks to go - Sunday 20 September - Saturday 26 September
*Includes preparation for hen's night and hen's night itself (Saturday 26 September)*
- Meet with photographers to discuss shoot and locations (appointment on 23 September with photographers - 6pm)
- Have final meeting with celebrant and finalise vows and view birth certs - (appointment on 23 September with celebrant - 1pm)
- Hair appointment (colour) - (appointment on 26 September - 11:30 am)
- Final dress-fitting, picking up dress - ?

- Finalise numbers (should be no more missing RSVPs)
- Finalise the seating arrangement (FH has done a good job of this in Visio)
- Finalise the numbers with the venue
- Get Bella champers for pre-wedding and toast
- Organise food for pre-wedding/ getting ready

Less than one week to go - Sunday 27 September - Saturday 3rd october
**Wedding day is 4th October**
- E-mail or phone ALL vendors to check everything is progressing smoothely
- Have manicure one or two days before
- Visit day spa one or two days before
- Have conditioning treatment done to hair three or four days before
- Pack up all of my crap to be taken home/ do washing
- Pack for night before
- Pack for honeymoon

Wedding Day Itself:
[No reminders yet]

manda182
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:47 pm

Hens night tomorrow, yay!

Spent the morning doing some bits & pieces: bought some bubbles (maybe enough for 1 in 4 guests - hope that's enough, but I know I never use them at weddings! they were more for the kids who are coming to the ceremony & not the reception); cake bags & a bracelet to wear on the day - finally decided 2 weeks out that my wrist was going to look too bare. And probably going back to that store tomorrow to get a blingy clip for my hair & one for my sister (bridesmaid).

Met with the photographer last night & he really made me get excited about the wedding. Meeting with the florist next week for a mockup of bouquets.

Tam you've inspired me I'm going to write out a list like yours!

Snooky
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:02 pm

I keep forgetting about this thread!! Wow, you girls seem so organised with your lists! I've got it all in my head, but I think I'll just shock and stress myself out if I try to write it down :P I have my hens day tomorrow and I'm so excited! We're starting at my place, so I really should be cleaning and preparing but I have Friday night itis and just feel like sitting around and doing nothing! Three weeks today to go!! I'm mostly looking forward to a good holiday and catching up with family and friends :)

*chooky*

Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:39 pm

Hey girls! Getting excited about tomorrow night (hens party!) - apparently I am wearing huge angel wings and a halo, long satin gloves with huge bling rings over the top... glitter and glitz! hehe, can't wait really!

Oh, you guys are very organised! I feel like I still have a load to do, and I always leave everything to the last minute... will have to write down a list me thinks!!!!

Have fun tomorrow night to the hens party twins!!!!

nic1010
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:54 pm

Hi girls,
I'm ignoring lists of things left to do at the moment and just enjoying a sunday of rest after an AMAZING hens night last night.
I didn't know what i was doing for the hens, it was all a surprise (even down to what i was wearing!!!)
I got picked up at lunchtime yesterday, they packed a bag of things for me.
I got taken to a hotel in the city where the bridesmaids and myself did make-up and hair. We had a few cocktails and played a bachelorette dice game until it came time to get changed. The girls hid in the bedroom and put on their outfits then came out of the bedroom dressed as pirates and wenches. Oh goodness, a nautical theme!!! They dressed me in a bright pink tshirt with a black skirt and belt and fluro pink veil (and a plastic pirates hook and a tweety bird pinned to my shoulder).
And we walked to the yarra river, right behind Fed Square where another 20 friends and family (dressed in theme) were waiting to board a Girls Afloat boat. There was another 6 hens nights on our boat, it was crazy! There was strippers who pulled me up on stage a few times during their performances. A 'patrick swayze' tribute stripper actually picked me up, spun me around in a circle and then dipped me. I screamed, i'm not the littlest of girls and prefer keeping my feet on the ground!! But it was all so much fun, i was giggling the whole time.
We went to a club afterwards and danced away the night until the music stopped. Then on the way out, a group of guys serenaded me with Always by Bon Jovi. It was a very random and sweet end to a wonderful day.
I've never talked to so many people in my life - the veil attracts people. All were lovely, just enjoyed asking about the wedding.
Woo-hoo 20 days left til I'M MARRIED!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

little miss sunshine

Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:36 pm

Nic1010 your hens night sounds like so much fun!! Love the pirates and wenches theme idea! My BMs have planned a theme for my hens as a surprise too and they are going to dress me up! Not sure if I should be worried!? :lol: I know we are going on a bus pub crawl but i'm sure there will be some more surprises in store. Less than 2 weeks to go to find out! :D

The lists on here have been helpful reminding me of things i still have to do! Only 26 days to go!!!! Yay!!!

Green Wedding!
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:45 pm

Nic....that sounds so perfect! You must have some great friends and family!

:)

Apple Blossom
I survived and got married
I survived and got married

Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:42 pm

Last edited by Apple Blossom on Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Snooky
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:53 pm

Sounds like a fun hens party Nic! Very original theme too - can't say I've seen too many pirate hen's nights!!

I had my hens night last night too - managed to escape the wrath of the hens veil and actually anything to identify me as a bride-to-be. Apparently there was a sash bought, however it was (thankfully) forgotten!! I did see two other hen's nights whilst out though. One looked very formal and the other had everyone wearing feather bowers! I had a very fun/night though - and it was nice being spoilt by all my girl-friends!!

Tan984
Mrs Stranger Danger
Mrs Stranger Danger

Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:41 am

I also had my hens night on Saturday and it was the best night ever! I had my hair done in the morning with my MOH and spent the rest of the day at my mums painting our nails and just relaxing, my MOH came to my mums at around 4:30-5 and I started doing my makeup with her. The rest of my bridesmaids turned up around 6 and we had champagne and jelly shots. The door bell rang just after 6:30 and I answered and there was a man there and he said "Hi my name is John and I'm your limo driver" I was like "Limo?" I was so excited, there was a big stretch limo outside waiting for us. We took some photos and got in,I was presented with a flashing sash, flashing ***** garter a hottie whistle and a veil! We went though some more champagne and when we got into the city we pulled over and the driver got the red carpet out for us and 2 guys walking past dressed as spiderman and superman (spiderman was just wearing a kids spiderman shirt with spiderman boy leg undies!) came up to the limo and spiderman got down on one knee an started helping us out of the limo, it was so funny. We had more photos with spiderman and he then proceeded to ask my mum to touch his peni$!! We walked into the restaurant and found there were about 4 other hens parties there! We had a beautiful dinner with some yummy cocktails with a gorgeous view of the brisbane river. After we finished dinner we were invited upstairs to their club to enjoy a couple of bottles of champagne on the house! Not very nice champagne but it was free so no complaints! We left there and walked down to my favourite club and ended up staying there till about 2am By that stage I was very drunk and stumbling all through the city. We got a taxi back to my MOH's place and stayed there. I had such a great night, now it's the countdown to the big day, so much to do!
Hope everyone is going well!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.12