A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Moderator Team
The Mod Squad
The Mod Squad
Topic Author

2012 Brides

Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:00 pm

A discussion thread for all the 2012 brides - share your ideas, info and stories here

StephMT
Can't wait to set a date
Can't wait to set a date

Re: 2012 Brides

Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:14 pm

OOO...I'll post in this thread because I may need to be here, just so I can find it again lol

nettieandbill

Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:26 pm

whoohoo a thread for 2012 brides.... im one now which is very exciting my fh and i were meant to marry sept 2009 but health made that postpone till further notice and as of 12.01am on 1.1.2010 we are re-engaged so excited and i look forward to going through this journey will all you lovely people....

Shanete

jonehaze

2012 Brides

Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:00 pm

i am so excited we have found our ceremony location i emailed the town council to get booking info and the guy that emailed back was nasty to me and he was like there is no point booking so early and said if i still would like to book now the booking form was attached, ppl like that annoy me, sorry i wanna get the big stuff booked early so we don't miss out on anything and we will be well prepared.

.Danni.

Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:20 pm

Hellooooo!! :)

Another newbie here! Getting married on April 21st, 2012! I'm sooo excited (obviously!),and I'm really looking forward to talking to you all! :D

springbride10

Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:51 am

hi girls i'm another 2012 bride to be.

page21 your're getting married the day before me!! so kool!

so far i have researched alot of stuff and am about to book the photographer (his prices are going u drastically and he said if we book now he will lock us in at that price :wink: )
Found the invitations and worked out prices ect
got my dress
making the veil with my mum
going shoe shopping soon
got some candle holders for the centerpieces
got quotes from florists for prices
looked at rings but still deciding
found a venue but haven't visited it yet.(june or july!)
researched decorators
researching celebrants
researching cars

i think that's about it for now!

this is so exciting!

springbride10

Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:55 pm

just wondering if any of you girls are being told "why are you thinking about this now? you still have so long to go!" or "wow your early! i wouldn't worry about that yet!"

Does it make your blood boil like mine?? :evil:

I'm getting it all the time and am SO over it! Just because we are planning things now somehow we are being unreasonable?? :roll: I don't understand how it even impact other people or how it's any of their business.. but that's it, my rant is over hahaha :lol: ... just wondering if any one else is getting the same responses. :?:

thanks girls
talk later
Heather

SapphireSunset
2 hearts beating as one
2 hearts beating as one

Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:29 pm

While I am not a 2012 bride 2 be, I am a 2011 bride and we got engaged May of 2008 ! thats pretty much when my planning started and YES I got the "why are you planning now" shutdown all the time.

Trust me it doesn't last but you may hear it up until at least 18months out !

Just block the negativity out and do what you want ! It's your wedding after all :P

.Danni.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:44 pm

Springbride, I was just thinking about this the other day!

Obviously, the people closest to us have been nothing but supportive & encouraging, but I do find whenever people ask me about the wedding the usual reaction is suprise that we are already planning. The way I look at, it's our day. If we want to plan 2 years out then that's what we're going to do :) It's doubled our budget, and given us alot more time to look around and make sure we do it exactly how we want to. I'm pretty sick of explaining that to people though!

The only thing that annoys me is the few vendors I have enquired with that show next to no interest in answering questions because it's so far away. Thankfully most people have been fantastic :)

So glad I'm not the only one!! :)

nettieandbill

Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:05 pm

Yep its happening to me too and i just want to scream at them but when i say hey least i have heaps of time and can pay it off especially with two kids they step back a bit THANK GOD bugger them is all i can say your day your way ive been lucky the vendors so far have been super nice to me and cause we booking so early they waving the huge deposit and can pay it off well thats soooo far so pros and cons i guess......i think my main offender is my MOH she has 4 kids works soccer blah blah and when i say she doesnt have 1/2 hour now to look at colours and dress styles whats she gonna be like closer hence getting onto it now she settles but still ready to SCREAM

*Carla*

Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:13 pm

Hi Girls....I am very new to this! But was reccomended by a freind saying it was a lifesaver! I am looking at getting married Feb/March 2012, depending on the venue and what dates are still available, we have to have a 25% deposit so am saving saving saving for that!!!! I am very excited!!!! Sooo much to plan!!! I look forward to sharing your wisdom, ideas and feedback :)

bells008

Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:08 pm

hi

im so excited my fh and i are getting married 24th marhc 2012!!!
super excited

so far we have:
booked the reception
bought my dress
and we are making our invitations- there all sorted and we are going to start making them later on this yr
contacted the church and set up a meeting
and thats about it so far lol

our engagment party is in 3 weeks so im very very excited!

we got engaged on christmas night 25.12.2009 at 10:30pm it was a total shock and i cried cause i was so happy!

cant wait to start planning some more

treenie86

Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:17 pm

whooo for a second i didnt think there was a thread i could join! :D getting married 2 Aug 2012 (its our anniversary :heart: )

iv gotten the whole "why so early?" aswell, someone was shocked that we had started planning before we even had an engagement party :roll:

so far we have:
guest list (which keeps changing :x )
wedding venue, which looks like we have settled on Bram Leigh :D
wedding party is sorted, OH just needs to ask his last GM

look forward to hearing others plans and stories

xxchloexx
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu May 06, 2010 4:04 pm

Hello ladies i was about to do a 2012 thread then i seen this. im getting married May 12th 2012

.Danni.

Mon May 17, 2010 6:47 pm

Wow Bells! You are sooo organised!! What kind of dress have you got? How very exciting! I've looked around a little bit (more one of my BM took me out and made me try some on - haha) but have yet to find what I want.

Trennie - we're getting married on our anniversary as well! Our 8th, which still shocks me! haha

Hope everyones planning is going well! We've got our BM dresses sorted out, jewllery sorted, we have just decided on ceremony location, and have a pretty good idea where we want our reception. And that's about it really. We've already been engaged for
over 8 months - the time has flown!

Abbey_Lou
♥ Mrs Trethowan ♥
♥  Mrs Trethowan ♥

Mon May 17, 2010 6:54 pm

SapphireSunset wrote:
While I am not a 2012 bride 2 be, I am a 2011 bride and we got engaged May of 2008 ! thats pretty much when my planning started and YES I got the "why are you planning now" shutdown all the time.

Trust me it doesn't last but you may hear it up until at least 18months out !

Just block the negativity out and do what you want ! It's your wedding after all :P

Couldn't agree more. I am also a 2011 bride, but I have been planning for 2 years now!! I have found this sooo much easier as I can just do bits when I have the time and I actually enjoy the planning rather thn feeling burdened by it!! Time flies and I would definitely recommend starting to plan now!! Goodluck 2012 brides, it will be here before you know it!!

nettieandbill

Tue May 18, 2010 9:20 am

Im not to sure about you lovely ladies but so far im so wrapped of having a 2 year planning process....apart from the fact i cant wait it has been plus plus and more plus so far...

We have chosen our dream ceremony and reception place andd due to it being in 2012 we get the massive deposit wavered cause we paying it off and also had an option to look at other dates we were going to have october but i wouldnt be able to have the beautiful reception room as its a min of 90 and i hope to have round the 70 mark also the reception was gonna cost us over 10 000 which i cant justify with two kids that need stuff so we looking at the winter special which is half price, min of 50 in that room and is so affordable.....so now looking at 25th of august so excited!!!

We have chosen our colour scheme of black, white, blue with hints of yellow which looks awesome together.

We have chosen bridesmaid dress which is sooooo sexy and flattering i sometimes wish it was my dress lol (just kidding)

We have also worked out the hens day i call it im not into the go out get drunk etc nothing agains it thats just me so some girls and i are going round to the vinewards on horse and carriage tasting wine, olives etc then going to a spa treatment for a full body relaxation for the afternoon the works mani, pedi, massage, spa treatment facial etc.....so looking forward to that one

Well i hope all you lovely ladies are having as muc h fun and im not sure bout you but is the time going really quick already?? before we know it itll be our turn whoohoo

.Danni.

Tue May 18, 2010 4:35 pm

I completely agree! I love having heaps of time to look around and have all the time to find exactly what we want. FH and I work long hours, so having that time up our sleeve really helps....

Your colour scheme sounds so nice!! We've gone purple & silver... not all that excting, but we both love purple so it was a no brainer :)

Time sure is flying! I can't wait to see everyone's plans develop :D

nettieandbill

Tue May 18, 2010 5:48 pm

love silver and purple such a nice choice..... colour i found hard to begin with cause i love purple and blue but we were trying to find away round it with a beach theme so on weekend i was playing with a stack of coloured paper which is how i seen them together it looked nice and we finally settled on it so wrapped its amazing how we work out these little details.....

treenie86

Thu May 27, 2010 1:29 pm

Dannie it will be our 4th anniversary :D

i went shoppig with 2 of my bridesmaids last weekend, and found my dress!!!!!!!! :D nothing like what i was thinking of having but the girls said that my face just lit up when i saw myself in the mirror and i just stood there in the dress while they tried on bridesmaids dresses. tried on a couple of other dresses after the one but my reaction wasnt the same, and the fact that one of my girls almost started crying when she saw me told me it was the one!! we also found bridemaids dresses that match really well, and are in FH favourite colour! our theme was going to be green/black with a touch of purple somewhere but now with the dresses being purple iv decieded to change our theme to purple/silver. will still try and add some green somewhere as its my favourite colour.

oh and the best part...........my wedding dress and 3 bridesmaids dresses in total will cost about $1,500!!!!!!! :D

good luck to everyone with all your planning, i love that i have 2 years to plan (god knows i need it) but i also hate that i have to wait that long to be married
GZIP: On | Load: 0.21