A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Tarz84
♥ Ruler of the Whitehouse ♥

Re: 2012 Brides

Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:16 pm

JessieK wrote:
Oh I see! Most of my guests are in the same state but they live about six hours away so if they come, they'll more than likely have to stay.
I guess I have to wait a month then. Bum. :P

haha I would just send them if you have them you may as well. Its not like there is a rule about it and just say if people are like "you sent them to early" Well I am sorry I wanted everybody to be prepared :p thats what i am doing.

Balls
formerly known as JessieK

Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:21 pm

Looks like you've got everything sorted, bubs.
I would maybe start looking for dresses in a few months, most places tell you six months to order but some can be fussy and tell you longer, so it depends where you go.

haha I would just send them if you have them you may as well. Its not like there is a rule about it and just say if people are like "you sent them to early" Well I am sorry I wanted everybody to be prepared :p thats what i am doing.
:lol: :lol:

I think I might! I'll try and wait until the one year mark though, just to test myself. I'm lousy at waiting for anything. I'm having trouble not showing my FH my dress, as I share absolutely everything with him!

Tarz84

Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:46 pm

JessieK wrote:
Looks like you've got everything sorted, bubs.
I would maybe start looking for dresses in a few months, most places tell you six months to order but some can be fussy and tell you longer, so it depends where you go.

:lol: :lol:

I think I might! I'll try and wait until the one year mark though, just to test myself. I'm lousy at waiting for anything. I'm having trouble not showing my FH my dress, as I share absolutely everything with him!

Ohh I would have the same problem.... :( hope you are able to hold out on the dress..

~Becc~

Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:22 pm

Just send them Jessie!! That means one less thing you have to do and can be taken off your list!! :D

welcome bubs.. I cant wait for the dress shopping part :P

So today my internet has been playing up and all I want to do is get some cake quotes!!
My cousins wife is a cake maker so i'll get a quote of her, but do you think its rude of me to have her make our cake but shes not invited to the wedding? We are only inviting Aunts & Uncles because we have wayyyyyyyyyyyyy to many cousins, so I dont want to seem rude! Im not expecting any family discounts, she is really good at what she does!!

Ive also got the following organised:

hair :tick: (One of my g/f's is an awesome hairdresser and has offered to do the bridal parties hair)
dj :tick: (My FBIL is into all that dj stuff, and wants to start a dj business by the end of the yr, so he has all the equipment & music!!)

When is everybody thinking of sending out their invitations?? :?:

bryaneunice
♥ Lady Eunice ♥
♥ Lady Eunice ♥

Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:19 pm

Great to see you here BubS :D

I think I'll be sending out my invites at the 6 month mark.

I am SO addicted to Etsy that I keep looking for wedding stuff! :e_naughty:

Balls

Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:00 pm

My cousins wife is a cake maker so i'll get a quote of her, but do you think its rude of me to have her make our cake but shes not invited to the wedding? We are only inviting Aunts & Uncles because we have wayyyyyyyyyyyyy to many cousins, so I dont want to seem rude! Im not expecting any family discounts, she is really good at what she does!!

Ive also got the following organised:

hair :tick: (One of my g/f's is an awesome hairdresser and has offered to do the bridal parties hair)
dj :tick: (My FBIL is into all that dj stuff, and wants to start a dj business by the end of the yr, so he has all the equipment & music!!)

When is everybody thinking of sending out their invitations??

Hmmm...That's a tough one! I think I would personally be abit angry if I were asked to help out but not invited! I mean, I don't know her so I can't say for sure, but she'll more than likely give you mates rates, right? I dunno! On the other hand she could understand! Is it possible to invite just them two? They may not even come! and don't forget, not everyone is going to come, so you might be able to squeeze them in for the same budget! She might even make your cake for free :lol:

I'm thinking six months too! All the ettiquete sites say 2-3 months before hand though. I guess we can just send stuff whenever we want!

~Becc~

Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:24 am

bryaneunice wrote:

I am SO addicted to Etsy that I keep looking for wedding stuff! :e_naughty:

I cant stop looking either Eunice,, my latest project is to do a fingerprint tree... I dont want to do a book cos I know i'll just chuck it in a cupboard!!

JessieK wrote:
Is it possible to invite just them two?

nope jessie... if they get an invite then I HAVE to invite 12 others and that is just on my dad's side of the family :? specially cos they are all soooo close I dont want to step on any toes, so we just eliminated cousins and are keeping it to aunts and uncles!! arghhhhh I dunno!!!

I was thinking the 6 month mark too, but didnt know if it was too soon!

Tarz84

Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:41 am

So just an little update... I am abit pissed off... I had an apt with an invitation lady today. she was meant to come to my house at 11am. I am sitting here at 11.40 amd she is still not here. Nor has she called or responded to my text message.

Hmmm crossing her off my list... gggrrr wasted my Sat morning!

Majeen
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:51 pm

So excited, tonight we are having our engagement party.

None of my family will be there as they live overseas but we fly out next weekend to see them so is ok.

Have to go pick up balloons soon, theme is purple and silver.

cabaret
I need a title
I need a title

Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:56 pm

Good luck Majeen, and have an awesome evening :D

Met with the photographer today, good lord what a meeting, haha. I'll write out the whole story in my show and tell. Long story short, she sounds amazing, her work looks amazing, so as soon as I get the $1000 of back pay that work owe me from last year (payroll have promised me sometime within the fortnight) were putting down a deposit.

Tarz84

Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:23 pm

Majeen hope you had a great night!!

cabaret - that so exciting.. thats a massive item to cross of your list.

Well I have also had an uber productive day. Since the invitiation lady never showed up and didnt call I got all inspired and thought its a sign to do it myself (well not really I think she is stuck in the floods down south)...

So today I

Made my first cake with fondant which turned out better then expected.
Designed and created a mock up of STD, Invites & Place Cards

I am going to put up pics in my S&T now so check em out!!

Majeen
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:41 pm

Thanks ladies. We had a great night. Was a bit dusty this morning (too old to party that hard) and FH decided that after our party finished up at midnight that drunk karaoke was in order. Lots of rock songs were sung and it is no wonder I have a slightly sore throat today and got home at 4am!

We only had 50 people but it was definately good practice for the wedding as the 5 hours went so fast and we had to go around and spend time with everyone there. After about the first 2 hours it dawned on both FH and I that we hadn't seen or spoken to one another the entire time! We quickly found each other had a quick cuddle and kiss and carried on. We always think of things at the same time like that and I always tell him to get out of my head as he says random things that I had just been thinking about.

FH did a sort of a speech and thanked everyone for coming especially those that had travelled far and his family (my family are overseas and we are off there next weekend for round 2). After that he turned to me and announced he was going to tell a bit of a story and then got all choked up and couldn't talk and was about to cry. Everyone went awwwwww isn't that sweet. He took a big swig of beer to try and disguise the fact but to me nothing says you are totally in love with someone quite like being choked up like that. His story was very sweet and was about the first time I took him home to my country.

Was a great night and I am glad we did it as it wasn't orginally budgeted for.

L.I.W
Insert Candy Here
Insert Candy Here

Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:41 am

Sounds like you had a wonderful engagement party Majeen. I hate it when men get choked up - it makes me bawl like a baby! It is so beautiful!

Balls

Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:16 am

It's very quiet in here! Congrats on your e-party, it sounds like it went well!!

Not sure what I have left to plan!!

We have
The reception venue booked
The church booked
The dress on layby
The rings
Photographer booked
The invites will be made but I have everything for them almost
The STD's
Looking for a hairdresser, makeup is free
My mum's making our flowers
Umm.. What else do I need to plan?

L.I.W
Insert Candy Here
Insert Candy Here

Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:36 am

JessieK wrote:
It's very quiet in here! Congrats on your e-party, it sounds like it went well!!

We have
The church booked
The dress on layby
The rings
Photographer booked
The STD's

How to pay for it all ;)

Seriously though - maybe the mens and bridal party attire and Cake are all that jump out to me. Given you have time on your side though no need to rush that either!

Tarz84

Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:53 am

JessieK wrote:

We have
The church booked
The dress on layby
The rings
Photographer booked
The STD's

Ummm besides the stuff LIW said..

Accessories, underwear.. shoes.... bridal party gifts.... decorations.... these are all things I want to get done soon as I they are the things that get in the way the most at when time is running out.......

Balls

Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:23 pm

Thanks ladies. I do have the (cup) cakes organized. Decorations I can't do til the last few months because it's included in our package.
Bridal party gifts I'll do later as I have a fair idea what I'm getting them already. Don't need a bra in the dress I'm getting as it has a built in one. Shoes....I love shoes but if I start REALLY looking now, I'll come home with ten different pairs, and won't wear any of them so it's best to leave that til later as well :P
L.I.W,
I was planning on a robbing a bank to pay for it, so I might leave that til a month or two before payments are due :lol:
But I can always underwear shopping now!hehe
LIW, What's your date? You're not conforming with a ticker and I'm not sure I want to go through 90+ pages to find it :P

L.I.W
Insert Candy Here
Insert Candy Here

Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:34 pm

JessieK wrote:
Thanks ladies. I do have the (cup) cakes organized. Decorations I can't do til the last few months because it's included in our package.
Bridal party gifts I'll do later as I have a fair idea what I'm getting them already. Don't need a bra in the dress I'm getting as it has a built in one. Shoes....I love shoes but if I start REALLY looking now, I'll come home with ten different pairs, and won't wear any of them so it's best to leave that til later as well :P
L.I.W,
I was planning on a robbing a bank to pay for it, so I might leave that til a month or two before payments are due :lol:
LIW, What's your date? You're not conforming with a ticker and I'm not sure I want to go through 90+ pages to find it :P

Ah yes the good old bank robbery - given I work in criminal law its probably best I avoid that! I hear its no fun being a 'client' of the court system :p

I am 13 May 2012. I might add a ticker and do a S&T at some stage but given my occupation I prefer to stay pretty anonymous on the internet if I can.

Balls

Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:08 pm

L.I.W wrote:
JessieK wrote:
L.I.W,

Ah yes the good old bank robbery - given I work in criminal law its probably best I avoid that! I hear its no fun being a 'client' of the court system :p

I am 13 May 2012. I might add a ticker and do a S&T at some stage but given my occupation I prefer to stay pretty anonymous on the internet if I can.

Makes sense! You're getting married on my partners birthday. Just an idea but you can do a S&T and just show inspiration photos and whatnot for now if you want to stay anonymous and feel like making one.
So please disregard my announcement of a bank robbery given your job 8O

L.I.W
Insert Candy Here
Insert Candy Here

Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:11 pm

JessieK wrote:
L.I.W wrote:
JessieK wrote:
L.I.W,

Makes sense! You're getting married on my partners birthday. Just an idea but you can do a S&T and just show inspiration photos and whatnot for now if you want to stay anonymous and feel like making one.
So please disregard my announcement of a bank robbery given your job 8O

But if you do rob a bank you help keep me in a job!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.17