A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Balls
formerly known as JessieK

Re: 2012 Brides

Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:20 pm

Yay, Bec! Take photos when they get there!
I think I'll pick out a few things for the GMs and let FH decide between unless he has ideas of his own but I doubt it :P
Eunice, your rings are lovely :heart:
On a completely unrelated note to anything at all, I'm really addicted to those nescafe vanilla lates. Yuuuum.

L.I.W
Insert Candy Here
Insert Candy Here

Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:48 am

JessieK wrote:
Yay, Bec! Take photos when they get there!
On a completely unrelated note to anything at all, I'm really addicted to those nescafe vanilla lates. Yuuuum.

L.I.W likes this!

And I also 'like' the dressTarz - completely stunning!

I also 'like' the fact that you have got your wedders Eunice.

Plus, I 'like' the fact that you have come up with a creative way to fund your big day cabaret :)

Hope I have not missed anyone :D

Tarz84
♥ Ruler of the Whitehouse ♥

Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:54 am

~Becc~ wrote:
Have no idea what the GM are getting,, are you girls organising that part or leaving it up too FH ???

ooo cant wait to see the BM jewellery.. YAY!!!

I am leaving it up to FH to get the GM's gifts to a point.... I am giving him a deadline lol then if he has not got them at the deadline i will take over... :p

cloudie
Mrs Awesome!
Mrs Awesome!

Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:21 am

Hi ladies!

So exciting seeing all your updates and so many new 2012 brides.

I am finished planning now and have nothing left to get excited about looking at.

Tarz I LOOOVE your dress. It is so elegant.

Cab, good on you for being creative. I love creative people!

Everyone else - yay for updates!

KiwiMelH
Little Miss Mouse
Little Miss Mouse

Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:23 am

Becc have you started your own S&T yet? I'd love to look at it.

~Becc~

Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:55 am

melmaretihenry wrote:

No not yet!! I'm a regular stalker of everyone elses, but don't even have one of my own :roll: should really get onto that before bubs comes and I have no time to myself!! :lol:

Might steer FH in the way of a personalized stubby holder (cos both GM collect them everywhere they go... And are big drinkers too :roll: ) and maybe a slab???
That's if he can't come up with something on his own, and knowing him he won't have anything organized come Jan :wink:

Tarz84

Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:06 am

~Becc~ wrote:
melmaretihenry wrote:

No not yet!! I'm a regular stalker of everyone elses, but don't even have one of my own :roll: should really get onto that before bubs comes and I have no time to myself!! :lol:

Might steer FH in the way of a personalized stubby holder (cos both GM collect them everywhere they go... And are big drinkers too :roll: ) and maybe a slab???
That's if he can't come up with something on his own, and knowing him he won't have anything organized come Jan :wink:

If you do want to go down that path... My parents own a company that do it :)

http://www.personalized.com.au they are really well priced and good quality I am not just saying that either... if you do contact them tell them Tara sent you... might get a better price :p

KiwiMelH
Little Miss Mouse
Little Miss Mouse

Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:37 pm

Awesome Bec. I love stalking everyone's S&T!

Well I dont know if you guys know but FH has finally jumped on board with his "jobs" for the wedding. WE have a wedding website which was missing heaps of info that I needed him to fill in but we are getting there.

We starting talking about what he wants to wear to the wedding. We are going to see Chemical Brothers In Brisbane on the 4th of March so earlier that day we will be looking for what he wants to wear and pants for the boys.

He contacted the GM and has most of their measurements etc. It's so nice to know that he's there to organise stuff. As for GM gifts we are thinking maybe personalised Hit Flasks?

We have also booked an appointment with the man who made my engagement ring for our wedders. Personally I was hoping that we wouldn't have to pay to much for them but Simon West is on the expensive side. Then again after trying on some wedders at multiple stores I haven't found a ring that fits my e-ring perfectly. This way he can make one that is perfect. All I can hear is the $$$

KiwiMelH
Little Miss Mouse
Little Miss Mouse

Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:39 pm

I have a question for you guys. For our engagement party I want to wear a red dress. Do any of you know of a really nice red dress that is out at the moment?

Tarz84

Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:21 pm

Great that your FH is getting on board with the plans lol... mine is still grouching about spending so much money :p (mind you we are not paying for most of our wedding)

I am so nervous right now... my dress retails for 2900 but as they one of our clients I have had one of my senior managers email them to see if we can get it cheaper... omg omg omg i am so scared... I didn't budget that much for the dress and I hope that I can get it for the right price!!! wish me luck....

KiwiMelH
Little Miss Mouse
Little Miss Mouse

Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:04 pm

I have my fingers and toes crossed for you!!!!

Balls

Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:42 pm

No idea, Mel, sorry.
I've been hunting for a nice red dress for about three years now so I'll let you know when I finally find one I like :lol:
I love wrap dresses but I can never find one, I found a few on ebay but there's always someone who outbids me, buggers.

yadie05
Shoe-a-holic
Shoe-a-holic

Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:29 pm

Ahhhh I feel so bad have totally NOT being posting in this thread for a while :(
I know we all have th S & T to update so I always forget to come here :e_wall:

SO my updates are just got back from Bali (research trip)
Hyatt we booked before visiting to lock in date, and it was more than I hoped for :mrgreen: stunning gardens and gorgeous beach front :heart:
Had the hair and make-up trial done, cake tasting, menu tasting and met with the photographer!!
So not a whole lot for me to do for a while :( but I am sure I will think of bits and pieces to keep me busy :mrgreen:

yadie05
Shoe-a-holic
Shoe-a-holic

Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:30 pm

melmaretihenry wrote:
I have a question for you guys. For our engagement party I want to wear a red dress. Do any of you know of a really nice red dress that is out at the moment?

Try Myer Mel, the boutique section always has lovelly dresses :)

~Becc~

Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:13 pm

Tarz84 wrote:
If you do want to go down that path... My parents own a company that do it

http://www.personalized.com.au they are really well priced and good quality I am not just saying that either... if you do contact them tell them Tara sent you... might get a better price

:tick: THANKS TARZ!!! I'll be sure to bookmark that site incase he decides (or I make him) go down that route!!! Also good luck with the dress negotiations!!

melmaretihenry wrote:

Mel I wish I could help,, but unless you want to be shopping in the maternity section,, I dont think I can offer any advice :lol: GOOD LUCK THOUGH!!

yadie05 wrote:
Ahhhh I feel so bad have totally NOT being posting in this thread for a while
I know we all have th S & T to update so I always forget to come here

SO my updates are just got back from Bali (research trip)
Hyatt we booked before visiting to lock in date, and it was more than I hoped for stunning gardens and gorgeous beach front
Had the hair and make-up trial done, cake tasting, menu tasting and met with the photographer!!
So not a whole lot for me to do for a while but I am sure I will think of bits and pieces to keep me busy

REGULAR STALKER of your S&T Yadie,, Everything looks incredible!! And Im sure you will find something wedding wise to keep you busy!! :wink:

Becstar83

Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:33 am

melmaretihenry wrote:

I friend of mine wore a STUNNING red dress for her hens nigt last weekend and she got it from Sheike http://www.sheike.com.au/index.html
I can't see it pictured online, she brought it in store... its a fitted red dress with one sholder and the sholder is a bunched frill, she looked amazing in it. They have a lot of other nice dresses too

L.I.W
Insert Candy Here
Insert Candy Here

Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:56 am

Becstar83 wrote:
melmaretihenry wrote:

I friend of mine wore a STUNNING red dress for her hens nigt last weekend and she got it from Sheike http://www.sheike.com.au/index.html
I can't see it pictured online, she brought it in store... its a fitted red dress with one sholder and the sholder is a bunched frill, she looked amazing in it. They have a lot of other nice dresses too

Oh there is some nice ones there!

The Moulin Rogue is very classic and sexy!

Tarz84

Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:22 pm

Good News Ladies!!!!!!!!

My wedding dress has been ordered

and best of all I got it for 1/3 of the RRP!!!

~Becc~

Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:34 pm

Tarz84 wrote:
Good News Ladies!!!!!!!!

My wedding dress has been ordered

and best of all I got it for 1/3 of the RRP!!!

:bdance: :bdance: :bdance: :bdance: :bdance:

AWESOME NEWS TARZ!!!!

S&S2012

Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:14 pm

Hi, Im shelley, im 27 and recently got engaged to the most amazing guy last month on the 20th january, and have set the date for 31st march 2012....
Im kinda abit lost where to start, well ive started but kinda like, hmmm what is needed and wats to be purchused and so on.... The only thing is the dress has been picked out and just have to pay 50% and it can be ordered, its one thing i want earlier, incase changes to the dress need to be done.... Oh and the venue is booked and looked at... thats about it
GZIP: On