The Button Lady

Re: August 2010

Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:18 am

aw beloved I absolutely love them! you guys are so cute! :heart:

here's my to do list ;

order the flowers
get stockings
pay ceremony location
pay reception (food, and maybe some on bar)
get fh's shoes
buy perfume (victoria beckham :heart: it so much)
find decorations for aisle
sort out wedding cars
finalise cake
get chocs for bonboneire
maybe different shoes for me :oops:
shoes for the kids, and pants for my son (his suit's from ebay and wasn't the best quality pants)
gifts for certain people who have helped out so much

think that's almost it... not long to go now 8O :lol:

turbo311
♥ The New Mrs D ♥

Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:32 am

Love the invites Beloved!

My to do list....(Of things that need to be done by early July! So not a good idea to plan all Pre-Wedding functions back to back for the ENTIRE month before...)

Decide on/find a dress!
Get alterations done (My dress and BMs)
Finish aprons for kitchen tea
Buy more candles
Find a box for OOS
Make OOS and Reception Programs
Finish off our vases
Do a flower trial
Music List
Write Ceremony, vows and love letters
Agree on a seating plan
Meet with Photographer, wedding co-ordinator, cake maker
Follow up RSVPs and finalise tables
Organise and hold rehearsal and Helpers Dinner
Finish wrapping Thank You gifts
Pick and Learn a wedding dance
Do something about a Wishing Well for cards..
Box all decorations according to Tables
Write my speech!
Book more beauty appointments for the week before (Spray Tan, Hydro Facial, Nails, Massage, Hair)
Pack for HM
Pack for Wedding..
Continue to pay for everything!

GingerNinja
The Ninja
The Ninja

Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:26 am

SMOKIN HOT INVITES!

:heart: :heart: :heart: them Beloved, such a great job your guests will love them :mrgreen:

carly87
The Button Lady
The Button Lady

Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:25 pm

my garters were just delivered, and they are awesome! think it's the first time I've been truly happy with ebay. I can't take pics for you girls to see as fh is home, but if anyone wants to see what they look like, the seller is cheetah827, or bridal crafts. http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360269207561&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT that's my garter anyway. so happy with it :mrgreen:

Beloved
Marriage is amazing
Marriage is amazing

Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:06 pm

carly87 wrote:
my garters were just delivered, and they are awesome! think it's the first time I've been truly happy with ebay. I can't take pics for you girls to see as fh is home, but if anyone wants to see what they look like, the seller is cheetah827, or bridal crafts. http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360269207561&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT that's my garter anyway. so happy with it :mrgreen:

They are soo cute :D Awesome!!

Thanks for the invitation complements, guys!

turbo311
♥ The New Mrs D ♥

Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:09 pm

carly87 wrote:

LOL Carly! My Garter (In his fav NBA team material) is the only thing I have kept secret from FH!! Its killing me! Im such a blabbermouth I have wanted to show him so bad since I got it!!

GingerNinja
The Ninja
The Ninja

Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:16 pm

hey girls, just checking my emails.... I could not go past this offer from 1-day deals

http://www.1-day.com.au/products/N7SGCA960

60 chuppa-chups for $10.95 (includes P&H) just thought anyone whos looking for treats for kids or lolly buffett whatever might want a look see :D

Beloved
Marriage is amazing
Marriage is amazing

Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:40 pm

Awesome, GN!!!! You're so helpful :)

Also, check out the ONE in my countdown. YAY :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

GingerNinja
The Ninja
The Ninja

Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:04 pm

Beloved wrote:
Awesome, GN!!!! You're so helpful :)

Also, check out the ONE in my countdown. YAY :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I have no idea what I'm going to do with 60 lollypops.... but I'm sure I'll find somthing.... a total bargin I could not go past :D

ONE? 8O wow, way way way too close

carly87
The Button Lady
The Button Lady

Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:12 pm

turbo311 wrote:
carly87 wrote:

LOL Carly! My Garter (In his fav NBA team material) is the only thing I have kept secret from FH!! Its killing me! Im such a blabbermouth I have wanted to show him so bad since I got it!!

lol fh saw the screen when I was paying for it, but luckily only saw the 'parramatta eels' part. and he's already seen the white and blue garter I bought months ago, so he still doesn't know that that's what it is...

I'm the same turbo, I can't keep a secret to save my life, but so far so good with this one :D

Beloved
Marriage is amazing
Marriage is amazing

Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:51 pm

carly87 wrote:
turbo311 wrote:
carly87 wrote:

lol fh saw the screen when I was paying for it, but luckily only saw the 'parramatta eels' part. and he's already seen the white and blue garter I bought months ago, so he still doesn't know that that's what it is...

I'm the same turbo, I can't keep a secret to save my life, but so far so good with this one :D

I'm the world's biggest blabber mouth too with FH. It's so hard!!!

I'm trying to keep secrets from him, and I'm dying!

vicplayf13
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:53 pm

OH BELOVED !!!!!!! beautiful invites !!!!!
such amazing pics - you can really see the love you have for each other :heart: :heart: :heart:
awwwwwwwwwwwww

cheers for adding ur to do lists girls - you've reminded me of a couple of extra things i need to do :roll:
* alterations when i finally pick up dress - still yet to even try this dress on
* make OSS & placecards
* finalise table allocation

turbo311
♥ The New Mrs D ♥

Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:33 pm

I have spoilt so many surprises cause I couldnt keep my mouth shut! I really hope I can keep this one!!!

Well I have some movement on the dress front.... I got a new dress today that Im happy with.... I still need to try it on properly but so far so good!

I do however want to buy a really fun full tulle princess dress for the reception! When am I ever going to wear a full tulle ball gown again!

Beloved
Marriage is amazing
Marriage is amazing

Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:55 pm

You're invited to the grand opening of :

Turbo's Bridal Boutique

Many dresses available to buy, never worn to a wedding, need a good home

"Please help FH keep his hair after all the credit card debt"

ONE WEEK ONLY!!!

:D :D :D :D

turbo311
♥ The New Mrs D ♥

Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:39 pm

LOL!!!! I showed FH!!! He says that he is going to auction off all my dresses on Ebay and buy a guitar! So I keep saying that because I love him so much I need to buy more dresses so he can get a really really good guitar!

He still hasnt fallen for it...But give me time!

Girls were getting closer!! Only 3 more pages????

almostthere
finallydone
finallydone

Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:42 pm

sophieej wrote:
I wish my list was that short! Mine is a written A4 page long so am not going to re-type it! But I'm right at the end of August so have a little more time. Its just going by so fast now.

I am currently DIYing my wishing well, fingers crossed I don't screw it up.

I'm making mine too. Where did you get your ideas from? I haven't started yet so if you feel inclined to share the finished product I'd love to see it!

Beloved
Marriage is amazing
Marriage is amazing

Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:50 pm

Hahahah!! I'm glad he liked it!! As long as you ask for a reasonable price, you'll sell them for sure! (So many memories of girls selling their dresses for a bargain price of $12,000! 8O )

turbo311
♥ The New Mrs D ♥

Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:19 pm

Who would buy a second hand dress for $12000??

Ive got number 6 up for sale for $700 I think? I only put it up last week so we will see how it goes!

sophieej
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:46 pm

almostthere wrote:
sophieej wrote:
I wish my list was that short! Mine is a written A4 page long so am not going to re-type it! But I'm right at the end of August so have a little more time. Its just going by so fast now.

I am currently DIYing my wishing well, fingers crossed I don't screw it up.

I'm making mine too. Where did you get your ideas from? I haven't started yet so if you feel inclined to share the finished product I'd love to see it!

I am making a mini suitcase as we asked for money for our honeymoon. I got the supplies from spotlight and it is meant to end up like this.
honeymoon-1.jpg

However after hacking away at the little wood suitcases last night I'm not sure it will! And I don't think it will fit more than about 10 envelopes in it... :?

nellz00
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:12 am

Beloved wrote:
We got our flowergirl dresses from Target for $17 (more expensive than our BM dresses hehehe) They are pink with a layer of tulle underneath, and flowers on the neckline. Def try there!

Thanks for the tip Beloved!! Will check it out on the weekend!!
P.s - Your invites are sooo awesome! I love them! Wish I was that creative... great job :D
GZIP: On | Load: 0.04