A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Moderator Team
The Mod Squad
The Mod Squad
Topic Author

January 2011

Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:43 am

Hi ladies, here's a place to meet up with other January 2011 brides and share your plans and ideas :D

cheryl6
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: January 2011

Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:32 pm

I was wondering when individual month ones would start for 2011.

Not sure how many of us are in January so far but I am sure numbers will pick up soon anyway.

Well I may as well tell everyone what I have done so far.

Booked reception venue - a local RSL that do spit roast meals :D
Booked photographer
Booking ceremony venue tomorrow
Booked hair and make-up
Tentatively booked celebrant - just have to meet with her and confirm we want her
Booked DJ - well he DJ's for the venue and they said we can book him in for the wedding so hopefully it is done
Invites are started
Lay-byed dress and veil, less than half to go :D

I think that is it, there is not a lot more I can do atm, need to wait till this baby is born before I do too much more, I need to concentrate on one thing at a time.

How is everyone else going?

I look forward to chatting with other January 2011 brides soon
Cheryl

fee

Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:02 am

Wow you are very oragnised....
i am in Jan 2011 also!
ONly just got engaged, so i have booked nothing yet....
I am in Canberra so booking in advance is not so important!
Have you had your engagement party yet?
*Fee*

cheryl6
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:03 pm

Hi Fee,

I have been engaged to my DF for almost 9 years so we had our engagement party early on (about 8 and 1/2 years ago) we have since had 5 children together with another one on the way (plus I have one from a previous relationship) so this time I have said we are getting married no matter what.

When is your engagement party?

Cheryl

razzarach
♥ born to be a bride ♥
♥ born to be a bride ♥

Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:18 pm

Hi!
I am getting married January 7, 2011! It is coming up closer and closer!!
I have done/organised:
* Photography
* My Dress
* Entertainment
* Reception Venue
* Church
* BM Dresses
* Florist
* My rings

Think that's it so far..

mrsctobe2011
Bridezilla in the making ♥
Bridezilla in the making ♥

Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:22 pm

Hi Ladies,

I'm a January 2011 bride as well - FH and I are making it official on the 15th of Jan!

So far I have organised:
* Celebrant
* Photographer
* Bridal party (well, we have asked, still in the process of getting attire)
* I have my dress (thanks eBay!)
* We have my wedding ring as we brought a set, but we don't have future husbands as yet
* Cars
* Flowers
* Wedding night accommodation (and have booked the same place for a night -wedding-slumber-party with the girls!)

At the moment, we are sorting out our venue and then its all a matter of saving, saving, saving!!

el84

Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:19 pm

Hi girls!
I hardly come on here much but I've just realised theres a Jan '11 post.
We're getting married on Jan 14th up near Tamworth. I think things are pretty organised. Have celebrant, photographer, reception and ceremony venue, band, have picked mine and the girls dresses- ordering them online in the next couple of months, and have been slowly accumulating decorations from bric a brac shops for the past few months! I'm doing silk flowers so I've already bought those too.
The other half has organised our local publican to do our grog and a mate of ours who is a butcher is doing the meat for the reception..
Are any of you having outdoor weddings??
El

karisd

Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:20 pm

Hi Girls,

I am also getting married in Jan, 22nd to be exact.
So far I have booked chapel at my old school and reception in Geelong, VIC.
so el, no outdoor wedding for me.
The dress is my focus at the moment... so much money for my dream dress :roll:
I am also going to view a band in a week so hopefully that works out too.

Looking forward to sharing our wedding month

xx

Brenna

Thu May 06, 2010 9:53 pm

Wow you all seem so organised!!!

My wedding date is Jan 9th 2011, and I'm planning an all outdoors ceremoney/reception all in the same place. I am planning an afternoon tea wedding rather than a sit down dinner/lunch, mostly because I have around 140 guests, 30 of them being children (and I am a poor uni student!)

So far I have organised my fiance :lol: guest list, bridal party, venue (Yarra Valley Archery Park), photographer (friend), celebrant (sisters friend) and musician (also friend!)...And I have convinced my mum to make my dress, after taking her shopping and showing her the bits and pieces of different dresses I do like.

So our wedding is ALL outdoors, but I specifically picked the venue for the fact that while they have lovely gardens, they also have a large indoor area just in case (not that I want to be married in an indoor archery range if its raining, but really its about what marriage means, rather than where it happens right?)

I am wondering what flowers are in season in January?

Brenna

Lissa_Lee

Wed May 12, 2010 6:29 pm

I am getting married on Jan 26th (yes its a Wednesday)!

So far I have organised...

~Ceremony venue - We are getting married on our 50 acre property we purchased a year ago. Its a nice old property with 6 dams and heaps of old trees and manferns in the gully. FH is building a gazebo (which seems to be turning more into a bandstand!) for the ceremony.
~Reception Venue - Devonport Yacht club. Don't have a lot of confidence in the reception venue, but FH really wants to sail off on his yacht, and its a pretty venue.
~Wedding dress - First one I tried on a few weeks after getting engaged. It is just so perfect, and it went on sale for 50% just when I decided that it was the one!
~Decided on a photographer. Got a trial shoot done a few weeks ago, and love her and her pics! Will book her in very soon.
~Bridesmaids and their dresses are organised :)

Gosh I thought I was more prepared than this! LOL

Joe's_Principessa

Thu May 20, 2010 7:04 pm

mrsctobe2011 wrote:
Hi Ladies,

I'm a January 2011 bride as well - FH and I are making it official on the 15th of Jan!

So far I have organised:
* Celebrant
* Photographer
* Bridal party (well, we have asked, still in the process of getting attire)
* I have my dress (thanks eBay!)
* We have my wedding ring as we brought a set, but we don't have future husbands as yet
* Cars
* Flowers
* Wedding night accommodation (and have booked the same place for a night -wedding-slumber-party with the girls!)

At the moment, we are sorting out our venue and then its all a matter of saving, saving, saving!!

My FH and I are also making it official Jan 15th 2011 :) ... all the best :)

Joe's_Principessa

Fri May 21, 2010 5:48 pm

Hello my fellow January 2011 brides,
Hope your wedding plans are coming along nicely.

I have a question regarding my wedding cake.

About 2 weeks ago my FH and I had decided on our wedding cake, was waiting on a quote to be sent from the person making the cake. Price was agreed upon.

Now, I have received a phone call, saying they are selling the business and are happy to make it from home for me, or I can go directly through the shop (with the new owners).

My concern is if I go directly through the person I booked it with, and they make it from home, I do not have any kind of guarantee.
But if I go with the new shop owner, the price originally agreed upon may not stand.

Hmmm, what to do? :?
FH thinks it will be ok to go with the person I placed the order with originally as they know how to make the cake, and I know that her cakes are good, as we had a cake made by her for our engagement party.

Any advice is most welcome...

Thank you ALL :D

razzarach
♥ born to be a bride ♥
♥ born to be a bride ♥

Fri May 21, 2010 6:01 pm

Joe's_Principessa wrote:
Hello my fellow January 2011 brides,
Hope your wedding plans are coming along nicely.

I have a question regarding my wedding cake.

About 2 weeks ago my FH and I had decided on our wedding cake, was waiting on a quote to be sent from the person making the cake. Price was agreed upon.

Now, I have received a phone call, saying they are selling the business and are happy to make it from home for me, or I can go directly through the shop (with the new owners).

My concern is if I go directly through the person I booked it with, and they make it from home, I do not have any kind of guarantee.
But if I go with the new shop owner, the price originally agreed upon may not stand.

Hmmm, what to do? :?
FH thinks it will be ok to go with the person I placed the order with originally as they know how to make the cake, and I know that her cakes are good, as we had a cake made by her for our engagement party.

Any advice is most welcome...

Thank you ALL :D

I would just go with the person. If they are making it from home they are more likely to try really hard and make it perfect :)

seaweed
I need a title
I need a title

Mon May 24, 2010 4:27 am

What difference does it really make, if the people who you originally booked make the cake at home or in a shop? If you had confidence in them, what has changed. Our cake business is run from home, and to be honest I think that it is far better to have less things that can go wrong with a quiet environment than a busy shop.

betelnut

Tue May 25, 2010 9:10 pm

Hi,
I'm new here and my date is January 1st 2011:)
Things are going well (mostly) and I think I'm on top of most things.
Have organised
Ceremony & Reception venue
Celebrant
BM dresses
GM shirts (nearly - waiting on measurements) Pants are chosen but not yet ordered
Flowers
Readings for ceremony
Dancing lessons
Halfway through paperwork to make it official (We live in Asia and we are both Australian so we have a fair amount of documentation to get through)
Chosen dress and having a sample made
umm - i think that's about it. It's a little complicated here because we are having Australian style wedding which is very very different to a local wedding and it's a little hard to have people understand exactly what we want.
But anyways - pleased to meet you all:)
B

bubbles17

Sat May 29, 2010 1:55 pm

So I think I can officially join in on this thread. My wedding is being planned for January 30th, which is a Sunday and we are planning on having a lunch-time reception. We are currently in the stages of finalising the reception venue and once that is done I have a photographer in mind - it's just going to be a matter of finding a suitable celebrant. Can't be that hard.
We are going to have a lolly buffet at the reception... so I've started buying lollies for that to put away in the cupboard.

I can't believe how small this thread is.. Surely there must be more of us? Or is Jan just an unpopular month

betelnut

Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:55 pm

Hey Blossom Chops - sounds great! You're much more organised than me:)
This thread seems a little quiet but seeing as we are only a week apart I'll be keeping an eye on your plans...
Congratulations and good luck! You'll have to start a show & tell - I keep saying I'll get around to it. I just went down to our venue yesterday an came back with loads of decorating ideas so it's time to do some lighting research.

bubbles17

Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:23 pm

You ladies sound so organised in comparison to me - although I think I am starting to get sorted on the bigger things & have started buying lollies every week with the groceries for the lolly buffet.

We have organised the ceremony/reception venue and paid our deposits and met with them.
We have also organised our celebrant (who is amazing) and have been given 'homework' by her.
We have organised who our attendants will be.
I am in the final stages of booking the photographer (next week after a meeting sometime)
Dress is still up in the air.. we were engaged/booked/planned a wedding a couple of years ago but postponed due to money issues.. I have a dress that I still adore sitting in mums walk in robe.. but I dont know if I will be able to get it altered down enough as I have lost about 10-15kgs since then (it's a size 14 and I'm now a small size 10)

Ahhhh.. still so much to do.. and the ticker is saying 7 months!

razzarach
♥ born to be a bride ♥
♥ born to be a bride ♥

Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:04 am

Hi ladies,

How is everyone going with their wedding plans?

I'm pretty organised, going to make the invites next month while I'm on school holidays and send them out in September because alot of our friends and family are in different states or countries!!

beldon
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:22 pm

Oh, I'm new I'm new! and I've finally found my place! I'm getting married on January 29. Quite excited and feeling quite unorganised
GZIP: On | Load: 0.08