Re: January 2011

Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:29 am

5 months to go girls... :D

cheryl6
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:41 pm

Wow, I cant believe how fast this year has gone and in less than 5 months I will be married, it is so exciting and I am going to start paying off some of the things I have booked so I am not paying out heaps of money at the last minute.

I have to get onto my DF and fill in the marriage forms so we can actually get married.

I hope everyone is going well and plans are coming together for everyone.

Talk soon
Cheryl

betelnut

Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:07 pm

We're not a very chatty bunch are we? How are things coming along? Only 4 and a half months left for me...I'm getting ridiculously excited. Keep having wedding dreams now! Really need to organise our invitations! And flowers, and exercise more and....well, you guys know.
B

Juniper

Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:42 pm

Hello lovely January brides to be!

we are getting married January 16...anyone else then?

My only concern with January is the weather..the afternoon storms- that sometimes happen in the summer...ever way its going to make for a fun day and if it does storm i can picture some awesome photos with umbrellas! cute!

hope that everyones going great-ness!

OandC2011
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:03 pm

Hello All,
I am new to this forum, we will be tying the knot on the 29th January 2011 at the Bay of Fires Vineyard, Pipers River. (TASMANIA) We fell in love with the venue the first time we went there and have been back a few times since. We have decided on a 2pm Ceremony followed by an Afternoon Tea as we are both felt that this suited our tastes more and also are both not real party people we both just can't wait to be husband & wife

So far I have organised;

Celebrant - Family Friend
Venue for ceremony & reception - Deposit paid
Caterer - Just need to work out Menu
Photographer - Susan Emery
Wedding Dress - Timeless Elegance - I blew my budget but it will be worth it and is nearly all paid for
Shoes - My sisters
Hair Accessories - Tossing up the idea of a Birdcage Veil or Flower
Bridesmaid Dresses - Timeless Elegance
Wedding Cars - Not a big deal to us so will have my Dad drive us in my Mum's Mercedes that looks good once it finally gets a wash
Rings - Designs have been sketched up as I need mine made to fit with my engagement ring, My other half needs to decide on his ASAP
Grooms & Groomsmen Suits - I have left it up to my other half to sort out
Flowers - Cachet Florist - Grant has been great so far
Wedding Cake - Lil Luscious Cupcakes
Hairdresser - Newstead Hair
Favors - Still trying to decide last thought was loveheart cookies
Make up - Unsure we might end up doing our own - any suggestions?

beldon
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:25 pm

OandC you are my wedding date twin! Yay! I finally have one :D

We are almost at the 5 month mark, just 3 more days to go.

OandC2011
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:34 pm

beldon wrote:
OandC you are my wedding date twin! Yay! I finally have one :D

We are almost at the 5 month mark, just 3 more days to go.

5 Months Today!!
I really need to start to get serious about eating healthy and upping the exercise now I have been so slack!!!
Trying to work out if I want to try the gym thing in which always starts out well for me but I get slack and stop going after the first few months...
Or just get onto FH to go walking with me a lot more!

Cimbom
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:40 pm

January 21 for me. So exciting and nervewrecking too!

So far, I have organised:
- Reception venue
- Ceremony location (tentative)
- My dress (arrives on October 20ish)
- Musician for reception
- Videographer
- Limo (tentative)
- Will be meeting with celebrant shortly.

Still so much to do :lol:

razzarach
♥ born to be a bride ♥
♥ born to be a bride ♥

Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:45 pm

4 months tomorrow for me :)

I am also hoping the weather is good but you can never guess it can you?! Can be summer and raining or winter and sunny!!

I am pretty organised, just getting my OOS format done and also going to make my wedding invites soon so I can get them out shortly because we have a few overseas invites to send :)

Cimbom
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:52 am

I just hope it is not ridiculously windy :P

bowiesgirl

Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:32 pm

Hi girls, new January bride here. I have only just set our date after finding the perfect venue for us, and then finding it had 15th Jan available. So I am waaaaaaay behind as far as organising everything else goes. I'm mostly worried about getting a photographer and celebrant on such short notice, everything else I should be able to manage.

I have made an appointment with a dressmaker and have a good idea of what I want, and am waiting for a friend to get back to me with details of her photographer and celebrant. I am very excited to finally get things going.

Should be an interesting four months!

OandC2011
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:13 pm

bowiesgirl wrote:
Hi girls, new January bride here. I have only just set our date after finding the perfect venue for us, and then finding it had 15th Jan available. So I am waaaaaaay behind as far as organising everything else goes. I'm mostly worried about getting a photographer and celebrant on such short notice, everything else I should be able to manage.

I have made an appointment with a dressmaker and have a good idea of what I want, and am waiting for a friend to get back to me with details of her photographer and celebrant. I am very excited to finally get things going.

Welcome :)

How is your planning coming along?

beth22012011

Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:37 pm

Heyy Girls,
Im also getting married in january 22nd, coming up so quick!
things i have orgnaised:
my theme is purple as its my favourite colour! lol
ceremony- Williow Homestead in Melton, vic
http://www.easyweddings.com.au/garden_w ... ?garden=32
reception- Melton Community Hall as im having 130ppl max.
my wedding dress
bridesmaids dresses
jewellery for myself and bridesmaids.
guest list and invitations have been made..
photograghy has been organised ( because my lovely cousin in law is a professional.)
wedding cars
DJ, have to see a list of music that he can do for the dances ect.
dancing lessons as my FH and i dont know how to dance.. lol
we are looking into catering for a sit down meal but we arnt quiet shore on what we can afford
flowers and cake have been arranged.
bomborries also on there way.

im also looking for a marquee to hire for my ceremony because its going to be really hot at the time i want my wedding does anyone have any ideas?

thankss
Beth xx :D

bowiesgirl

Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:16 am

OandC2011 wrote:
bowiesgirl wrote:

Welcome :)

How is your planning coming along?

Thanks.

Planning is now well and truly underway. Here is what I have sorted out so far:
-Celebrant booked
-Met with photographer and will most likely book on Monday
-Have flowers organised (I love the button bouquets and are making them myself, they are turning out quite nice I think)
-Ordered materials for invitations
-Have cake organised (a family friend is a retired cakemaker)
-Had my first fitting with the dressmaker last week
-FH is pretty sure he has lined up the wedding cars through friends (he is in the auto industry)

I think that is it. There are so many fine details to think about though, stuff that doesn't occur to you until someone in the industry mentions it. For example, what time are you other Jan brides having your ceremony? We were originally thinking about 3 or 4pm, but our photographer pointed out that the sun will still be fairly high in the sky at that time of year which is not as nice for photos.

So much to think about.

beldon
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:21 pm

Yeah, photographer said the same thing about the sun. My ceremony is at 3pm, but it's in a church, so the sun won't be a huge deal, but we're doing photos after in a foresty type of area, trying to block out so much solid sun, and then we're going to sneak out of the reception later on as the sun is setting for a few more beautiful photos

OandC2011
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:29 pm

When are you all sending out your invites?? I am a bit confused, I was going to send ours out this week...

beldon
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:08 pm

Mine went out 2-3 weeks ago, thought lots of time to get people to actually reply and hopefully have to chase less up later

OandC2011
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:55 pm

Ok, so tomorrow it will be 3 months so thought it's time to do the "Big Scary List" (Stolen From other WC Members :D )

Dress – 1st Dress fitting Done - $495 owing will pay it off by December (monthly pays suck!!) It fits perfectly and needs no alterations :heart: :heart: But still want to loose about 5 kgs
Bridesmaid dresses - Done, they are paid for just awaiting arrival in November
Groom suit – FH has chosen Spurling ones and needs to go for his fitting
Gms suits - as above
Photographer – Wish Photography
Ceremony location – Deposit Paid
Reception location – Deposit Paid (Same as Ceremony Location)
Decorations for ceremony & reception – some purchased however purchased tulle to make pompoms for the trees but got impatient and gave up
Cars – Not a big deal will just have dad drive me in their Mercedes (after a major wash!)
Car decorations- (ribbon, mascot or bow for front, tulle for back window) – hadn’t thought of this oops must ebay this...
Bon bons/favours – Loveheart Chocpops that mum is making - need to purchase chocolate
Wedding Day/Honeymoon lingerie – Finally gave in and had a proper fitting..$189.00 later I have a nice tan simone perle strapless bra and matching briefs.. FH is not into the whole satin/lace sexy stuff so went to Sussans and laybyed some pretty cami/slips for our honeymoon
Honeymoon - work in progress, still don’t know if we can afford one
Flowers – Decorations and corsages - Done! Deposit Paid
Guest book – Not having a guest book just a print out for all the sign which I found on the Martha Stewart website it says "Love Always" O & C date of wedding and then has spaces for each guest to sign their name underneath to enable you to frame later on.
Celebrant – Had first meeting and filed our intention to marry need to do vows and order of service/ceremony/day
DJ/music – ipod, choose playlist closer to date
Bridal party gifts - I have found some pretty pearl love heart earrings bought their dresses and shoes and will pay for their hair to be done so I think that's sufficent
Hair & makeup - work in progress, Hair booked, doing own makeup
Confetti – Would like bubbles..maybe rose petals? still to do
Invites/save the dates/place cards -Getting there with Invites....
Videographer - not applicable
Music for ceremony – Ipod I am thinking of just having instrumental music only..
Seating plan - Not Applicable as having a Cocktail/Afternoon Tea reception
Cake topper - Need to purchase
Cake knife & goblets – Not going to bother with cake knife or glasses
Cake - Will hopefully agree on something soon......
Shoes – Purchased however a bit too big so will check out bridal store when girls go to pick up their BM Dresses
A brazzilian – No Way!
Nice pen for guest book/wall plaque -To Do
Chairs for Ceremony/Reception - Must book this week
Emergency bag - wait til closer
Accommodation for night before & night of – booked but considering cancelling to save money
RINGS - Awaiting mine to be made, paid 10% of both to date..will be paying off by end of December
Hair pieces – Hair flower purchased & looks awesome
MC –Not really sure if we need one
Select menu – Somewhat...need to finalise
New perfume for the bride – Mm bought the new Lancome Hypnose one but Ill just use it everyday anyhow..
Get nails done - Not having done as I am nail franatic as it is and am lucky to have nice ones!
Order of Service Booklets – not sure if I will bother
Write Speech/vows – just started thinking about it now
Readings/poems for ceremony – Still to decide if we will have any
Garter – Trying to find a "pretty" one but won't be doing the whole taking off with teeth thing at reception
List of all vendors phone numbers - Argh
Hens/Bucks night - Trying to decide on what I want
photo album for non pro pics – I saw a really nice one at the Reject Shop!!
Parasols for "Thankyou" shots - Need to purchase
Photo- locations - wait til closer and discuss with photographer, we have an idea though
Tan – Not having done

Ok... scared now after reading that list someone kick me up the butt right now.. I know it's 3 months but there's also Christmas in there so that's December pretty much gone and we are in Hobart and getting married in my hometown Launceston so I need to bare in mind I just can't nip in to see vendors etc...

aml1988

Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:30 am

OMG girls my wedding is in 3 weeks and i dont have a hair dresser anymore does anyone know anyone in the SE suburbs
GZIP: On | Load: 0.28