Re: 2011 Brides - Part 2

Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:03 pm

WOOT PART 2! Look at us go!

bella_bec
♥ Hubby's Pumpkin ♥
♥ Hubby's Pumpkin ♥

Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:05 pm

when will we break up into month groups you think?

Mrs JJ 2 Be
J + R = ♥
J + R = ♥

Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:07 pm

Yay!! Its so exciting thinking its next year! 12 months & 29 days for me :D

Booked our celebrant today, really happy with him. Am going up to the Hunter Valley next month to meet with him.

How is everyone elses plans coming along? I have alot of time on my hands atm cos I have glandular fever, so no work for me... lol

nixella
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:23 pm

Congrats on picking a celebrant Mrs JJ 2 B :D

I'm about to start a new job and have just paid for all the kids back to school stuff and a chunk off the photography so just waiting to get back on our feet before we pay the deposit for the DJ and string trio. I'm dying to get those things knocked off my list though *sigh* Then after that, the next deposits going out will be hair and make-up and cake. Oh and purchasing our STD cards.

SapphireSunset
2 hearts beating as one
2 hearts beating as one

Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:40 pm

bella_bec wrote:

Nooooo I dnt wanna be seperated from youuuuu LOL !

Mrs Manco
Lucky in love and life
Lucky in love and life

Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:56 pm

Yay part 2!!

I love saying my wedding is next year! :) Found the dress yesterday, have picked our beach and celebrate so now it is just a matter of booking and paying for them all!

amberino21
Mrs Cupcake

Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:58 pm

bella_bec wrote:

well....there's already january, maybe they add them a year in advance?

we're going down south to do another big chunk of planning...can't wait! although, people down there are slow at emailing! i sent some people an email last week to set up appointments and haven't heard from them!

SapphireSunset
2 hearts beating as one
2 hearts beating as one

Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:07 pm

When I went to the final florist that we had on our list last night .. she kept saying .. oh we have ages away, 2011 wow Im not even working on march 2010s weddings yet .. I got a little mad hearing the negativity ... sooo over it !

I swear ppl think you can plan a wedding 2 weeks out from the date and have EVERYTHING you want ... :roll:

None the less .. I did NOT end up booking her lol !

Nikkie
Bitchin' Bride
Bitchin' Bride

Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:58 pm

New FRED! :mrgreen:

Bonni_Binx
Mrs Ranga
Mrs Ranga

Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:00 pm

OMG 8O I can't believe we're onto part 2!!! Yay - go us!!!

Before we know it we'll be split into months...

amandajayne
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:00 am

hey ladies i know there is already a Jan 2011 out there already...
Im off to the bridal show on sunday in melbourne cant wait to see what they have i will be sure to let you know what i got :)

Mrs JJ 2 Be
J + R = ♥
J + R = ♥

Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:23 pm

Ooohhh have fun at the bridal expo Amanda. Let us know what you find :)

So I went to the dr's today and I walked past this children boutique and these were in the window http://www.oopsydaisybaby.com/White-Sle ... p_143.html
thinking they may be ok for my flower girl dresses, however my dress is ivory... And worried the little ones might me a bit hot considering it'll be summer. Let me know what you ladies think

Robby xxx

Neptune
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:29 pm

Robby - I think they have some beautiful things, the flower girls would look so sweet. Not sure what you can do about the colour though - if you really like the design maybe get it custom made in a suitable colour. They really are lovely and I don't think they would too hot at all.

I have finally started to get some more things done, I have a meeting with my celebrant coming up and I love her already :) ,have nearly settled on a photographer and have ordered my STDs. Also finally renewed my passport which have been procrastinating about for a month. YAY for progress.

cheryl6
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:31 pm

Robby, the dress is lovely, I am going to find that part so hard.
I was so excited today as I went past best and less (not sure if they are everywhere but I am in Tassie) and they had the most gorgeous ivory coloured dresses but they would only fit up to a 6 year old (the nice dresses only go up to a size 6) my problem is my flower girl (dd#2) will be 9 so they wouldn't fit her. It is such a shame for me, but maybe for anyone else interested in ivory dresses it could be worth a look.

Part 2, we must be talking to much :lol:

Sapphire, what a pain about the florist, I was going to start looking at them soon but maybe there is no point :(

Amanda, Have fun at the bridal expo, I love them, I am hoping to be able to go to the one in southern Tassie on the 11th April, just have to wait and see when this baby decides to come (due 22nd)

Neptune, Well done on picking your celebrant, I have one picked but haven't been able to have a meeting with her as yet so I haven't formally booked her, hopefully in the next 2 weeks we can meet up and I can make sure I want to go with her and then book her in.

I booked the ceremony venue today, and the funny thing is the owner I already know (well sort of she works where I go to see my OB) so it was really relaxed and nice so I am really happy with that. The gardens don't have a lot of flowers but they are very well manicured and the different shades of green and types of plants makes it beautiful. I am so excited about it now.

I think that is about it from me for now.

Talk soon
Cheryl

MrsNukeie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:49 pm

SapphireSunset wrote:
When I went to the final florist that we had on our list last night .. she kept saying .. oh we have ages away, 2011 wow Im not even working on march 2010s weddings yet .. I got a little mad hearing the negativity ... sooo over it !

I swear ppl think you can plan a wedding 2 weeks out from the date and have EVERYTHING you want ... :roll:

all the florists i've spoken to have said they can't quote until its 12 months away - they've all been really nice about it though...

amberino21
Mrs Cupcake

Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:04 pm

Mrs JJ 2 Be wrote:
Ooohhh have fun at the bridal expo Amanda. Let us know what you find :)

So I went to the dr's today and I walked past this children boutique and these were in the window http://www.oopsydaisybaby.com/White-Sle ... p_143.html
thinking they may be ok for my flower girl dresses, however my dress is ivory... And worried the little ones might me a bit hot considering it'll be summer. Let me know what you ladies think

Robby xxx

Robby, those dresses are gorgeous...and not too hot? i love the black one...it says it also comes in knee length? that might make it a bit cooler (but maybe not the look you're going for) You could maybe get them made in ivory...i do think the white might look a bit odd against your dress

Bonni_Binx
Mrs Ranga
Mrs Ranga

Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:06 pm

cheryl6 wrote:
Robby, the dress is lovely, I am going to find that part so hard.
I was so excited today as I went past best and less (not sure if they are everywhere but I am in Tassie) and they had the most gorgeous ivory coloured dresses but they would only fit up to a 6 year old (the nice dresses only go up to a size 6) my problem is my flower girl (dd#2) will be 9 so they wouldn't fit her. It is such a shame for me, but maybe for anyone else interested in ivory dresses it could be worth a look.

My DD will be 9 at our wedding too - I am going to dress her as a junior BM in opposite colours to the BM's.
My BM's will be wearing Black dresses with green sashes so I'd like DD to wear Green with a black sash - much to DD's disgust! She wants to wear the same as the BM's!!!
I'm thinking I might go the Duosheng route so I can get them all the same colours..

SapphireSunset
2 hearts beating as one
2 hearts beating as one

Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:16 pm

MrsNukeie wrote:
SapphireSunset wrote:

all the florists i've spoken to have said they can't quote until its 12 months away - they've all been really nice about it though...

Really? I originally had one always emailing me asking if I had decided on my flowers yet, but wen I eventually met her, she wasn't right for us!

I can understand why they have told u that they can't quote before the 12 months, but with myn wedding only being 13 months away ish away now there is no hesitation for me to book!

Mrs JJ 2 Be
J + R = ♥
J + R = ♥

Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:13 am

Hey ladies :)

thanks for the lovely comments on the dresses. I went and showed my two little sisters the dresses, the 7yr old loved them but miss 3 wasn't having it!! Lol. So I'm heading into the city today might check out a few shops in there.

Neptune- yay for progress!! Can't wait to see pics of your save the dates!

Cheryl- how exciting for booking your venue. It's a great feeling :)

amberino- yeh I agree about the white and ivory clashing. If we go with that style I will have to get them made. My fmil is a dress maker but I dunno if I really wanna ask her... Lol.

Bonnie- I love the idea of having ur dd in opposite colours to the bms. That'd look great!

Sapphire sunset and Mrs nukeie - hope you have better luck with the florists.

Have a great weekend!! Xxx
GZIP: On | Load: 0.06