A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

jodieo88
Princess Fitz
Princess Fitz

Re: 2011 Brides - Part 2

Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:45 pm

Images for life, I have. We were really put off by his website, :roll:

Daniel being in IT, picks on them. He thinks that if they can charge so much for photography, they can spring $500 for a website designer :lol:

Their pics were alright though..

The other one I'll have a squizz at when I get home :)

Is it odd that I want a female photographer? I mean they are going to be seeing me getting ready :oops:

Yay Mrs JJ!!! Finally!!!

Daughter
To infinity and beyond...

Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:52 pm

About time those wood curls came in! Yay!!

Haha Jodie, I don't even work in IT and yet I pick on websites ALLLL the time. I totally agree with your Daniel (as opposed to my Daniel who thinks I'm just picky haha), websites are often first impressions and sometimes the only impression people get of your business, spend some money people!

I really had no preference for male or female but it has occured to me that I seem to be drawn to female photographers!

Mrs JJ 2 Be
J + R = ♥
J + R = ♥

Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:53 pm

My woodcurls :) :heart:

They smell amazing!!!! Like roses. Mmmm!!

And FH was so cute he bought me a pink teapot from the shop we ordered them from too!! :heart: :heart:

jodieo88
Princess Fitz
Princess Fitz

Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:05 pm

They're very pretty!! :D

Mrs 2 Be
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:48 pm

Love the wool Curls Robby!!

Well as of this morning I have been able to arrange to meet with 3 photographers in the hunter valley for this sunday afternoon. We really really love the work of another photographer (thanks again Robby :heart: ) but we thought we would meet with a few first before meeting with the one we like.

Also going to our venues on sunday to have a look. We have the room and marquee on hold at our reception venue until we decide what one to use, we will choose after seeing both on sunday.

I am torn between 3 wedding gowns at the moment. I really can't choose as I love all 3 and they all felt like the one!! Soo confused,lol.
These are the 3 I am torn between

We have chosen bridesmaid dresses.

We love these 3 cakes (there is 4 pics but ine is another pic with more detail of one of the pics we like)

I have bought my reception veil, it was $199 and I got it for $50!! My firned bought it for me as an early birthday present. It ivory fingetip length with beading around the edges.

I will be wearing a cathedral length for the cereomny and pictures and then change into a shorter one for the reception.

I have made our Save the Dates, and i am completely in love with them!! SO proud of myself for making them. They are photos that our guests can keep!!

I am really into planning mode lately lol.

I am trying to get a lot of it organised now so that when i give birth to the twins i am not rushing around doing everything.

Better go an have some lunch. Just got home from my Obs appointment ad am getting a little hungry,lol.

xoxo

jodieo88
Princess Fitz
Princess Fitz

Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:57 pm

OMG! I love those cakes!!!! *drool*

I like Dress I and dress H over A.
Good job with the veil!! I got mine for free hehe (borrowed from a friend)

Ok now I am looking at Passion8 photography! :oops: :roll: Too many to choose from!!! Has anyone heard anything good bad or ugly about them?

jodieo88
Princess Fitz
Princess Fitz

Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:58 pm

Oh and I LOVE the BM dresses!!! :D

amberino21
Mrs Cupcake

Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:04 pm

I like I out of the three dresses you've posted - I think it flatters your shape the most :)

love the first cupcakes - so pretty!

mini_k27
♥ Soon to be Mrs D ♥
♥ Soon to be Mrs D ♥

Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:44 pm

Yummy I want cake now! (even though I just had ice cream).

I really like dress I, especially the bodice. I think it is really flattering.

Daughter

Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:50 pm

Ooh yummy cakes!

I'm going to go against the grain here and say I actually like H the best, but I is a veryyy close second! I think they both look fab.

Neptune
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:05 pm

Another vote for H, I think it looks fantastic :D Love your cake inspiration too!

StephMT
Can't wait to set a date
Can't wait to set a date

Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:49 am

Gah! Been looking at honeymoon locations and fallen in love with the Marriott Surfers Paradise. DON'T love the room cost though :(

Mrs JJ 2 Be
J + R = ♥
J + R = ♥

Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:23 am

StephMT wrote:
Gah! Been looking at honeymoon locations and fallen in love with the Marriott Surfers Paradise. DON'T love the room cost though :(

The Marriott at surfers is amazing! The reef pool is fantastic :)

jasmine&paul
I survived and got married
I survived and got married

Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:14 pm

OMG this thread moves so quickly having trouble keeping up only looking every few days!!

Mrs 2 be i like dress I best! Also bargain on the veil! where did you get it from? im still looking for one after buying a cheap one off ebay (it was so boofy!) i cant use it! I will prob just pay the $200 at the bridal shop closer to the day! Good to hear the twins are all ok as i was reading that i was starting to worry!!!

Mrs JJ did you find an easel? Our work bought one from the reject shop ages ago now! Cant believe it took so long for the wood curls lucky you ordered them when you did!

Steph i love the marriott i stayed there when i was only young & the pool was amazing! i have been wanting to go back there for so long but havent :(

I dont have much wedding news i had a call off our dj today wanting to get organised! He is like the first person that i have spoken to that has been wanting to sort things now not 2 wks before!!!!

Cant wait to watch four weddings next week now that im addicted to weddings!!

Mrs JJ 2 Be
J + R = ♥
J + R = ♥

Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:59 pm

Hahaha I know what you mean Jasmine. I log in just to check the 2011 brides thread! lol.

That's good your DJ is trying to organise things. Mine has been so vague about things.... I should email him soon again.

I have been waiting for a reply from my venue. I dunno how long to wait until I call them?? Not happy with this lack of contact.

I found a few easels online but still deciding whether I need to purchase one.

mini_k27
♥ Soon to be Mrs D ♥
♥ Soon to be Mrs D ♥

Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:07 pm

jasmine&paul wrote:

I can't wait to watch that either! I think it will be really funny. When we first saw the ad, I said "I'm going to watch that! FH said "Nah, really?" As if that was totally obvious!

amberino21
Mrs Cupcake

Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:00 pm

mini_k27 wrote:
jasmine&paul wrote:

I can't wait to watch that either! I think it will be really funny. When we first saw the ad, I said "I'm going to watch that! FH said "Nah, really?" As if that was totally obvious!

we watched it when we were in England last year (a different series I hope) and I saw the advert last night - can't wait, it's hilarious!

Daughter

Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:06 pm

I watch the UK version of Four Weddings on Austar whenever it's on, cracks me up!

sara

Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:37 pm

I will be watching too!

Haven't been in much this week, 2 Uni assignments due earlier this week and 3 sick children in the house, meant I didn't have much time for anything else. FH went to hospital Tuesday night because he passed out while our friend was cutting his hair. No idea why it happened, the doctor at the hospital didn't even order blood tests or anything! He seems fine now, but that's besides the point, what if there was something wrong and they sent him home and it happened again!?!

So, not much wedding planning being done. FH has decided though that his brother is no longer his BM. His brother is in a new relationship (been together since Dec last year) and has changed so much in the last 6 months, he is a totally different person. Anyway, things have happened between FH and his brother (including him telling FH that they want to get married before us next year so their family will go to their wedding and not ours! amongst other stuff) and FH is not happy with him at all.

He asked another close mate to step in and he was more than happy to do it. He is getting FH motivated to exercise to lose a few kg's before the wedding and has been asking him questions about everything - something his brother never did. Only reason he wasn't asked in the first place is because we could only afford to have 2. So now FH has 2 'Best Men'. He wouldn't be able to decide between his mates as to would be his Best man anyway, so now they both are.

I'm home by myself (children are asleep, FH is out walking with his mate, even though it is pouring with rain!) and the website I need for my uni assignment is down :( so wedding planning it is!

jodieo88
Princess Fitz
Princess Fitz

Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:40 pm

You're poor FH Sara, what a dodgy brother!! Atleast he has found out now rather than a month before the wedding. :roll:

So far this weekend, we went to see the Audis, and they are GORGEOUS!!! We couldn't book them, because they were closed :x But at least we know they are there!

Went to Spurling. I think my BM's and BM dresses are going to be an issue. They said for my dresses it will take 14 weeks... The girls dont want to order until november, which means we'll get them in March, if they are on time...I wish I could just order them now!!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.35