A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Mrs 2 Be
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: 2011 Brides - Part 2

Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:22 pm

Aww I am in tears from all your lovely well wishes :heart: Thank you soo much!!

Well i saw my GP today and I am booked in with a dr at the hospital to have the biopsy done tomorrow!! I am actually relieved that its being done so quick as every day that goes by the more i want to know what the lump is. I am trying to be positive but i also have my moments.

I had a long talk with my GP as im worried about this affecting the twinlets but she said they are perfectly fine and even if they remove the lump i dont need to go under a GA, they can do it under a local which is a relief.

Den has made me sit and do wedding stuff all afternoon to put a smile on my face,lol.

After my appointment today i am feeling alot better. Just trying to relax until the results come back :)

The Mrs Martin
Formerly known as futuremrsmartin

Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:35 pm

I hope everything is ok with you Mrs 2 Be. Best wishes!!!

And in other news.... FH and I will be moving house in 2 days that way we can be togehter permanently!! YAY!!

seaweed
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:48 am

FMM, how exciting. The start of your new future together.
Bek, my son had something similar, very scary but was nothing to worry about in the end. My best wishes and thoughts.

Mrs JJ 2 Be
J + R = ♥
J + R = ♥

Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:03 am

How exciting FMM!!!! :D :D

Thinking of you today bek. xxx

Pretty happy today, FH & I are on holidays for 2 weeks!!!! :mrgreen:

And.....

I am paying my dress off today!!

amberino21
Mrs Cupcake

Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:36 pm

Hope your biopsy went ok today bek - thinking of you x

FMM - have fun in your own place, we moved into ours in april and having our own space is fantastic!! (sure, we don't have a lot of stuff and our house isn't completely finished, but being able to do what we want when we want is really worth it!)

enjoy you time off Mrs JJ - and paying off your dress!! woohoo!! :)

i started a new S&T yesterday (link in my sig) - it was 200 days to go yesterday! argh!

The Mrs Martin

Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:06 pm

Thanks everyone for the good wishes I am so excited about finally having our own pace!!

And I hope everything went well for you Bek. wishes! Xx

Mrs 2 Be
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:10 pm

Mrs JJ, Congrats on paying off your dress!!

FMM, Congrats on your new house!! Den and I have just bought land and are going to build and then rent this house out. Im looking forward to it being our house once its built :)

Amberino, Im off to have a look at your S&T!!

Well i am really disapointed. My Auntie took me to the hospital and when we got there we found out my biopsy had been cancelled :x :evil: as the Dr is off sick!! I can understand that he is sick but im really annoyed that they didn't call me and i wasn't told until i got there. It has been rescheduled to Tuesday. Now just need to build myself up for it again.

I have found some wedding invites that i have fallen in love with!! We also love another lot so now just need to choose between them.

Mrs 2 Be
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:21 pm

Hi Ladies,

How are you all? what have you all got planned for the long weekend?? I am making Mars bar cheese cake tomorrow for a grandfinal paty on Sunday. On Sunday im going to the beach with some friends for lunch and then having a grandfinal party back at one of their houses and then Monday Den and I are spending the day at home together.

I have completely fallen in love with some wedding stationary (thanks to the expo last sunday,lol) so i am going to arrange an appointment to see them next week and get some prices!

I have also decided that I will probably go with the pastel colours for the bridesmaids. They are not realy dull but they are not as bright as the bright ones. I think they will look perfect :D

I also had an obs appointment today and got my NT results and everything is perfect!! We have a few more tests to have due to family histor and my previous history but so far all is perfect :heart:

amberino21
Mrs Cupcake

Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:10 pm

Glad the twins are healthy, Bek :) that must be great news to hear!

We don't have a long weekend this weekend....that was last weekend!! (Funnily enough, i made mars bar choc muc cake for FH's mum's birthday last saturday - choc mud cake, three layers, with mars bar mousse and caramel inbetween each one, the whole thing covered in chocolate ganache...drool!!!)

Have you got any pics of the invitations you like? you've mentioned them a couple of times - can't wait to see them!

This weekend i've got a few weddings to play at, and we're seeing friends we haven't seen in ages - i have no interest in any grand finals whatsoever :P

I had a dress fitting today - i didn't get pictures though (grr - it was over too quickly!!). My dress is still in calico, and all i had to do today was decide on the style of skirt at the back. the front is quite slimline, but i had the choice of a line back (with train) or princess back (with train again..). i went for princess style back as soon as i saw it! it was just a bit more full...i had one half of the calico in one style, the other half in the second style.

The designer was amazed at how much my body has changed (i have a thread in the wedding mantra section, and have lost 11kgs in 12 weeks...) - he had to double check that i was wearing my dress and not someone elses as it nearly fell off :P

mini_k27
♥ Soon to be Mrs D ♥
♥ Soon to be Mrs D ♥

Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:33 pm

What are all these long weekends for? We don't have one! Our last one for the year until Christmas is at the start of June for Queen's Birthday.

amberino21
Mrs Cupcake

Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:37 pm

we had queens birthday last weekend :P (lucky queen, all these birthdays!)

Mrs JJ 2 Be
J + R = ♥
J + R = ♥

Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:07 pm

Glad things are going well Bek, and that's so good both your bubba's are going well. Can't wait to see some pics of your wedding stationary too.

Congrats on the weight loss Amberino. That's fantastic!!!! Can't wait to see pics of your gorgeous dress :D

For the long weekend FH and I are having my MOH and FH's BM over for dinner, plus their partners. I think it may be a bit akward as MOH and BM's girlfriend aren't exactly "friendly" towards each other.... Hopefully all goes smoothly.... I am over drama lol. Then on Sunday FH and I are having a BBQ at our's for the NRL grandfinal. I am excited for Monday tho as we are headed up to the Hunter Valley to meet with our DJ and cake maker.

I just can't believe how fast time is going aside!! My hens is like 8 weeks away! Plus our menu tasting is the week before and my hair trial at the very start of November.... So much to do! Plus I have to fit my dress fitting in November too!

nixella
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:27 pm

Congrats on your weight loss Amberino :D I'll be working my a$$ off to lose weight between the baby and the wedding 8O

I can't believe how quickly our wedding date is coming around! Thankfully not too much more to plan.

Mrs L
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:57 pm

Bek - great news about the twins! Shame about the other appointment. :( I'd love a sneak peak at your invitations?!

Amberino - that's a FANTASTIC effort! No wonder your dress is falling off you!

I'm working this long weekend. Unfortunately I'm usually always rostered on long weekends/xmas/ny etc, but I have a long weekend almost every week so can't complain I guess...

I've started planning our elopment/honeymoon/os trip itinerary this week. I can't believe that some hotels in Paris & London are booked out already for the dates we want! It's 12 months away!!!!!!! Looks like I'll have to start booking & paying for accommodation/flights earlier than I thought. Damn.

amberino21
Mrs Cupcake

Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:04 pm

Mrs L, have you just been looking at the websites for availability, or actually
contacting someone? I found that often the website will say no availability when really they just aren't taking bookings yet!

Mrs L
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:12 pm

amberino21 wrote:
Mrs L, have you just been looking at the websites for availability, or actually
contacting someone? I found that often the website will say no availability when really they just aren't taking bookings yet!

Ah! Maybe that's it then??? Thanks for the tip (der me - can you tell it's my first OS trip? Haha).

I did see though that some of the websites said 'only 1 room left' etc, which made me think they really were booked out??? Anyway, I'll contact them directly I think.

Daughter
To infinity and beyond...
To infinity and beyond...

Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:54 pm

Well done on the weightloss Amber! I've got about another 15 kg I still want to loose (lost about 8 since I started Weight Watchers), feels like a lot now but I'm sure I'll get there in the end!

Mrs L, I used to work at a hotel in Melbourne and we'd often only put one room of each type onto websites, so I'd contact them directly, I'm sure there's more rooms available this far in advance!

nwyfre
♥ Married a Muggle ♥
♥ Married a Muggle ♥

Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:05 pm

I've noticed that when trying to book rooms for FH and I when he's off running his marathons. Always contact directly.

Moderator Team
The Mod Squad
The Mod Squad
Topic Author

Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:02 am

Part 3 continues here.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.12