A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

jodieo88
Princess Fitz
Princess Fitz

Re: 2011 Brides - Part 2

Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:53 pm

Daughter wrote:
Loving everyone's little updates, I love the little things like centrepieces and seating charts!

Some of you have already seen but for those who haven't: I just started my Show and Tell!

Seen it and love it! :mrgreen:

mini_k27
♥ Soon to be Mrs D ♥
♥ Soon to be Mrs D ♥

Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:24 pm

I just ordered a custom crystal iron-on transfer to put on my wedding day undies! It will be in peridot swarovski crystals, and say:

Mrs Donovan
Est. 7.5.2011

They will be the most expensive pair of undies I've ever worn! (I'm not really into buying expensive lingerie or anything).

I'm going to keep them a secret from FH until the wedding night when he takes my dress off.

I'm so excited to get it!

sandy_1902
I need a title
I need a title

Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:45 pm

i should get my butt into gear now we are DIYing all our decorations lol, we have gone a cheaper package so we can invite more people lol.

sorry no personal commrnts just a quick one so you all no im alive lol

Mrs 2 Be
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:30 pm

Hi Ladies,
Sorry i didn't get back on after i posted the photos of dresses on friday. Scariest weekend!! :( I ended up at the hopsital on saturday and sunday due to some bleeding and cramping i was having. Saturday morning i had one scan and a check at a hospital and they said all was fine. But then late sunday night the bleeding got wrse and i started getting little niggles that by sunday morning were cramps so went to see my obs at the hospital i am booked in at. After lots of tests and 2 scans it was confirmed i was having an implantation bleed and the cramping was stretching pains. Both bubs are happy and healthy and everything is perfect.

My 3 favourite gowns i tried on are A, H and I. I prefer Ha and I a little bit more though. Still trying to decide between these ones,lol.

Also completed my save the dates on friday night. It took me 2 hours and now i just need to print them :D

I am also loving everyones updates!!

Oh and we have also chosen BM dresses and they will be in purple. Its the only colour we all liked. They didn't like the blue i did and i hated the blue they liked. So purple it is. I was a little bit disapointed though but I am now loving the purple colour :D They chose the colour and style well!

Gotta run, Bubs don't like custard,lol.

amberino21
Mrs Cupcake

Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:38 am

Mrs 2 be, I'm glad you and the twins are ok - your weekend sounds stressful and scary! Big hugs to all three of you!

Mrs JJ 2 Be
J + R = ♥
J + R = ♥

Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:52 am

Wow Bek, what a scary weekend! Glad you and both bubs are doing well. Rest up Hun :e_hug:

I have just emailed my hair and make-up artist to organise my trial :D Can't wait. I am also going to tie it in with a meeting with our DJ and Cake lady since I will have to travel over an hour.

I also organised our menu tasting for the 21st of November :bdance: Its 3 days before my birthday too, so it works out well.

My centrepieces were doing my head in this weekend! Since our venue changed owners I am still waiting to hear whether we can still use the crackled fishbowls and mirrors or if I need to purchase my own. Secondly I was really cranky on saturday as I ordered wood curls for my centrepieces from this homewares shop over 3months ago and they have still not come in!! I had no contact from them at all, so I called last week and he's like "oh yeah they came in ages ago, didn't they call you??" So i went in to pick them up and they are not there!! I got really angry at them because it has been almost 4months, apparently they will be in today but I just called and still not in!!!! :twisted: Its so frustrating because I haven't been able to find them anywhere else.

I did manage to buy the candles for the middle of the centrepieces from dusk on saturday. :D :D

amberino21
Mrs Cupcake

Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:56 am

Frustrating about the centrepieces mrs JJ 2 be!! It'd be ok if the woodcurl people were honest with you. At least you have time to work them out (even though it'd be nice to have it done now!)

I'm also trying to organise a couple if things - probably meeting with DJ, hair and possibly another makeup trial and a meeting with our function coordinator. It'll probably involve a camping trip - I'm working down south where the wedding is in early October to want to take advantage of the drive! It'd also be nice to have a couple of days off!

Mrs JJ 2 Be
J + R = ♥
J + R = ♥

Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:00 pm

ohhh a camping trip!!! How nice! I :heart: camping

jodieo88
Princess Fitz
Princess Fitz

Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:07 pm

Oh gawd bek, what a scary weekend!! Glad everything is ok though and that the two sprouts are hanging in there! :)

Arck Mrs JJ I hate vendors! Lol they do nothing but screw you around and you have to pay them for it!!! :evil:

I think I am going to have a hair trial asap at my hairdressers, my SIL offered to do my hair, she is a hairdresser, but she lives in Darwin so we possibly wont be able to do a trial. So I figured I could get a trial down here, figure out what I like and then take a trillion photos!

I do have a quandry with this... My SIL offered to do my hair. And that is lovely and so sweet and it saves us like $300+ but she is opening her own business this month, in Darwin, and I am very worried that she wont have enough time to come down and do a trial or that she will be all rushed and stressed and tired. I would like her to be able to chill at our wedding. (And frankly I was very excited to use Alli! :oops:) I am going to have to chat to her but I am not 100% what to say to her....

We are now looking at photographers!!! :D

I figure we'll go through Dreamlife or Clare as I like both of their works!! Does anyone know anyone who has used Dreamlife? Just so I know what they are like, no just pretty photo wise :lol:

mini_k27
♥ Soon to be Mrs D ♥
♥ Soon to be Mrs D ♥

Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:39 pm

I have just started enquiring about wedding cakes. We want a cupcake tower, and I just got quoted $5.00 each 8O for mud cupcakes with buttercream icing piped on top, if I want anything else on top then up the price goes even more!

Is it just me, or is that ridiculous? Another lady I rang said $3.50 per cupcake, and I spoke to another lady at the bridal expo who said $3.00 each. I have just sent an email enquiry to a lady I met at a different bridal expo so will see what she says...

Neptune
I need a title
I need a title

Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:53 pm

Wow Mini $5 per cupcake seems a bit excessive to me for just mud with buttercream, I think $3-3.50 is the bottom end of the price scale though. I haven't found any cheaper than that - depends on your area though you may be able to source a small local bakery :e_think:

mini_k27
♥ Soon to be Mrs D ♥
♥ Soon to be Mrs D ♥

Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:03 pm

Yeah I was expecting about $3 each, but thought $5 was a bit over-priced.

Daughter
To infinity and beyond...

Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:52 pm

Oh Bek, such a scary weekend, glad to hear you and the twins are ok!

How annoying about the woodcurls Robby, some people are sooo frustrating!

It's hard with family offering to do things Jodie, FH has been trying to convince me to have his SIL do my hair for the wedding but I just think it's too hard for her with her hubby as the BM and the kids also in the wedding party! Plus she's never done wedding or formal hair before, even though she is almost a qualified hairdresser.

$5 sounds overpriced to me too Mini! $3-$4 sounds a bit more reasonable, a $1 difference per cupcake sure makes a difference.

We've decided on Alla Photography, another thing ticked off the list! And she includes a pre-wedding shoot which I really wanted!

kaitos811
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:06 pm

Daughter wrote:

It's hard with family offering to do things Jodie, FH has been trying to convince me to have his SIL do my hair for the wedding but I just think it's too hard for her with her hubby as the BM and the kids also in the wedding party! Plus she's never done wedding or formal hair before, even though she is almost a qualified hairdresser.

$5 sounds overpriced to me too Mini! $3-$4 sounds a bit more reasonable, a $1 difference per cupcake sure makes a difference.

We've decided on Alla Photography, another thing ticked off the list! And she includes a pre-wedding shoot which I really wanted!

I just got a quote from Alla! She sounds great, and good prices too :)

Daughter

Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:22 pm

kaitos811 wrote:
Daughter wrote:

I just got a quote from Alla! She sounds great, and good prices too :)

She was lovely too which is great! Plus I really loved her photos, we got to see whole albums and a slideshow of a couple of the weddings she's done and they were fabulous.

Mrs JJ 2 Be
J + R = ♥
J + R = ♥

Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:00 pm

After assuring me that they would come in today, they didn't. I am so pissed off!!
Now he is telling me by the end of the week. It's driving me nuts.

Wow $5 seems a bit too expensive mini. Def shop around.

That's so good you booked your photographer Belinda :)

amberino21
Mrs Cupcake

Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:13 pm

Glad you've found a photographer you love Belinda!

Mini, I think $5 is a bit much...unless they're using ingredients from scratch, not a mix.
Do you want simple cupcakes? Have you considered making them yourself? You can make the cakes a few days before and icing them wouldn't be too difficult..

kaitos811
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:39 pm

jodieo88 wrote:

We are now looking at photographers!!! :D

I figure we'll go through Dreamlife or Clare as I like both of their works!! Does anyone know anyone who has used Dreamlife? Just so I know what they are like, no just pretty photo wise :lol:

Hey, just saw this.... I am having the exact same questions. I was a BM in a wedding last year and they used Dreamlife. The guy drove 1.5 hours to the venue (and the same time to get home), arrived at 9am (on time), did everything that was asked for and the Bride and Groom didn't have one problem. The photos were wonderful and the photographer was lovely.

jodieo88
Princess Fitz
Princess Fitz

Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:12 pm

Clare's not free on my day :(

kaitos811
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:24 pm

Bugger :(

I would definitely talk to Dreamlife. I'm also looking at Alla, Sorrento Weddings, Meaghan Cook, A Touch of Flash, I Do Photography and Le Portrait
GZIP: On | Load: 0.21