A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

jodieo88
Princess Fitz
Princess Fitz

Re: 2011 Brides - Part 2

Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:37 pm

kaitos811 wrote:
Bugger :(

I would definitely talk to Dreamlife. I'm also looking at Alla, Sorrento Weddings, Meaghan Cook, A Touch of Flash, I Do Photography and Le Portrait

Mmm, I love Meaghan Cook, but she is a tad more expensive than Dan will let me spend. So is Le Portrait :( I love their work though!

Daughter
To infinity and beyond...

Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:50 pm

I love Meaghan Cook's work too, can't remember if I actually contacted her or if I just assumed she was out of my budget lol.

kaitos811
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:55 pm

Daughter wrote:
I love Meaghan Cook's work too, can't remember if I actually contacted her or if I just assumed she was out of my budget lol.

Who are you using Daughter?

Daughter

Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:58 pm

kaitos811 wrote:
Daughter wrote:

Who are you using Daughter?

Alla Photography :D

SapphireSunset
2 hearts beating as one
2 hearts beating as one

Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:03 pm

wow $5 does seem totally outrageous for a mini cupcake ... don't worry though I'm sure with lots of determination you will find someone reasonably priced .. :D

kaitos811
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:14 pm

jodieo88 wrote:
kaitos811 wrote:
Bugger :(

I would definitely talk to Dreamlife. I'm also looking at Alla, Sorrento Weddings, Meaghan Cook, A Touch of Flash, I Do Photography and Le Portrait

Mmm, I love Meaghan Cook, but she is a tad more expensive than Dan will let me spend. So is Le Portrait :( I love their work though!

Have you looked at Sorrento, heard good things about them...

http://www.sorrentoweddings.com.au/

1200 for

3 Hours photographic coverage starting at ceremony, family and location portraits.
1 photographer, Unlimited photos
All images provided in colour and black & white, lightly retouched and colour corrected
High Res DVD of all images are yours to keep (same as negatives)
30 day online Gallery for friends and family to view your photos, Personalised web gallery invitation

Mrs JJ 2 Be
J + R = ♥
J + R = ♥

Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:28 pm

Ladies,

I have been struggling with invitation wording... So far this is what I have...

“How beautiful is the day that is touched by love”

<Guests name>
The pleasure of your company is requested
at the marriage of
Robyn
and
Jack
on the 19th of February 2011
at 4.15pm
at Wandin Valley Estate
Wilderness Road, Lovedale
Hunter Valley

Please join us as our Celebration continues
at The Ruby Pavillion
Wandin Valley Estate
Wilderness Road, Lovedale
Hunter Valley

We hope you will be able to accept this invitation
and ask you to favour us with your reply by <date>
<address>

Thoughts??? :|

mini_k27
♥ Soon to be Mrs D ♥
♥ Soon to be Mrs D ♥

Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:09 pm

Mrs JJ 2 be, I really like it, apart from the last section. It doesn't quite seem right to me.

Maybe something along the lines of:

We hope you are able to accept this invitation
and kindly request the favour of a reply by <date>
<address>

Just my suggestion, for what it's worth. Feel free to take it or leave it!

mini_k27
♥ Soon to be Mrs D ♥
♥ Soon to be Mrs D ♥

Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:13 pm

amberino21 wrote:
Mini, I think $5 is a bit much...unless they're using ingredients from scratch, not a mix.
Do you want simple cupcakes? Have you considered making them yourself? You can make the cakes a few days before and icing them wouldn't be too difficult..

Nah that just would be too much stress! I would be worried that I wouldn't be able to get all the cupcakes to look uniform. I don't have a problem with paying for professional results, I just think $5 a pop is a bit excessive.

Mrs JJ 2 Be
J + R = ♥
J + R = ♥

Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:19 pm

Thanks so much mini!! I will change it your suggestion sounds better :) xx

Daughter

Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:52 am

Eeek not good reviews for them at all Kaitos!

kaitos811
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:19 pm

Daughter wrote:
Eeek not good reviews for them at all Kaitos!

I know! I think they might be very hit or miss...

Daughter

Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:36 pm

Off and on scares me! Imagine wondering if your photos are going to be any good or not, no thanks! Enough things to stress about with weddings (especially when family is involved :roll: )

Just for the purpose of sharing for those ladies who are deciding on photography at the moment (ooh speaking of photography, Alla just emailed me to confirm our photography, whohoo!), we emailed the following (only met with Alla though):

Before I post this list I should just say I liked all the following photographers photos which is why I contacted them, but I am BIG on good customer service and that was really what I was looking for along with costs!

Alla: Obviously she was great since we chose her! $1990 for 5 hours photography, hundreds of prints, all editing, all images on disc and a slideshow set to music. As well as a pre-wedding shoot with all those images on disc.
Zita Kiss: $1340 for 5 hours and all images on a disc. However they took agesss (in my opinion) to get back to my query so I was immediately put off and therefore never looked anymore into them.
Clare: Very well priced and we would have met with her next had we not liked Alla.
Alex Road Photography: I have had my eye on her just in general for a long time, something about her work that I really like. Unfortunately though she was a little more than we wanted to spend (about $2500 without a prewedding shoot I think?). If I hadn't found someone closer to our budget I would definitely have contacted her.
Kate Deagen (Ramsey) aka Studio Kate: I was immediately put off by the fact that her packages and prices she emailed through to me specially state that enlargements MUST be included in the package and she would not give any discounts in lieu. Don't get me wrong, I understand photographers want their work to be printed in the best quality, but I think wedding vendors should be flexible. Prices are reasonable (but a little more than we wanted to spend).

I think that's all! Obviously this is just purely my opinion, everyone is completely different, just thought I'd share.

jodieo88
Princess Fitz
Princess Fitz

Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:38 pm

Thanks for sharing :)

I am considering going with Alla, so did Ulya's wedding and they are bloody awesome photos!!

Daughter

Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:46 pm

I saw the entire album she'd done for Ulya and they were all awesome!!! Definitely not one of those photographers who just takes a few good photos and puts them on their website.

I think I was really sold on her because she included a pre-wedding shoot which was really important to me. And it was also great that she's told us she wants to come with us to our venue before the wedding just to get a feel for the place, photo locations, etc. I felt like that was being quite dedicated.

Haha listen to me, I sound like a walking advertisement, I'm just really excited!!! I think there are so many fabulous photographers out there, I found it really hard deciding. Out of the ones you've looked at Jodie who are you seriously considering? I know you were looking at Clare, sucks she wasn't free on your day!!

jodieo88
Princess Fitz
Princess Fitz

Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:06 pm

Seriously considering umh probably only 2. The bank Studio and Alla. Clare was my 1st choice, Then the Bank Studio actually came within my budget, kinda almost :oops:

So we have to meet them both and then see :)

kaitos811
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:07 pm

Daughter wrote:
I saw the entire album she'd done for Ulya and they were all awesome!!! Definitely not one of those photographers who just takes a few good photos and puts them on their website.

I think I was really sold on her because she included a pre-wedding shoot which was really important to me. And it was also great that she's told us she wants to come with us to our venue before the wedding just to get a feel for the place, photo locations, etc. I felt like that was being quite dedicated.

Haha listen to me, I sound like a walking advertisement, I'm just really excited!!! I think there are so many fabulous photographers out there, I found it really hard deciding. Out of the ones you've looked at Jodie who are you seriously considering? I know you were looking at Clare, sucks she wasn't free on your day!!

Nah I agree with you 100%. It's important to praise people who haev given good service. I've heard gopd things about Kate's photos, but she wouldn't even send me a price list. She just replied with "Sorry guys Im already booked for that Sat in Nov next year. 12 or 19th available?" Um where's the service?

I have just talked to Daniel from I Do Photography, and he sounds awesome. He got married at my location, so that's why we've contacted him. I've never heard of Zita or Alex, but Meghean Cook was LOVELY and Clare was great over emails too

Daughter

Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:15 pm

I don't think I'd heard of The Bank studios Jodie, but I just looked at their photos and they look fab!

I'd never heard of Zita Kiss either but I think they had photos posted on a venues site or something, forget exactly how I came accross them!

kaitos811
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:29 pm

I just got a quote from Bank Studios and they said 2500 for complete coverage. Too far out of my budget I think! :D

Mrs JJ 2 Be
J + R = ♥
J + R = ♥

Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:41 pm

My woodcurls finally came in!!!! :mrgreen:

It took 4 friggin months tho!!!!!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.12