Re: 2011 Brides - Part 2

Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:52 pm

Oh and I made a new S&T :D

bronmelbourne
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:35 pm

Saw your new s&t Jodie, it looks great! Have you told your BM's how long it'll take to order the dresses? Maybe they'll reconsider if they know you wont get them until March. I'm hoping mine will let me order them in October, that way I should get them in Feb. Just want to allow a bit of extra time seeing as how most places will close down for a fair while over Christmas.

jasmine&paul
I survived and got married

Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:20 pm

hey girls! Finally got myself a sheer veil im very happy with it :mrgreen: & it was a good price! I just posted a pic in my s&t (its massive dont no how to get it smaller :evil: ) Went to my reception venue's open day today it was very nice got to enjoy champagne, canapes, cake & a take home lolly box!!

Yay for the new s&t Jodie i looked at your old one the other day it was quite big i didnt get all the way thru it i will have to check out ur new one now!
What is the Audis? :roll:
I have a feeling my BMs are going to be very carefree about ordering their dresses too!!

Sounds like you havent had a very good week Sara good to hear you sorted out your FHs brother though!

Hope you all have a good weekend!!

jodieo88
Princess Fitz
Princess Fitz

Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:32 pm

The Audis are our wedding cars :)

I spoke to my MOH, and asked her if I could order them at school holidays, September, and pay for the dressmaker to take then up/in. She said it should be fine, so when my lil sis/BM comes down on the holidays we will order them! 8)

Daughter
To infinity and beyond...

Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:40 pm

Oh no Sara, poor FH! What a rude thing for his brother to say, trying to get his wedding in first!

Glad the Audi's were pretty Jodie, I'm off to check out your Show and Tell in a second!

Yay for finding a veil you like Jasmine, I'm still undecided if I want one or not but I think it will be a lot easier deciding when I actually have a dress!

Mrs JJ 2 Be
J + R = ♥
J + R = ♥

Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:17 pm

Oh Sara you poor thing!! Glad FH is ok now Hun. That's no good about his brother either!

Jodie I will have to go check out your new show and tell!! Glad the Audi's were good too. As for BM dresses at the start of the year... lol. They took about 6 months to make. I am going to get them altered in November.

I am going to go check your veil out to Jasmine! How exciting :)

I received a reply back from my venue!! :) :) I was starting to get anxious as they changed owners and replaced the wedding coordinator!!!! The new coordinator emailed me and seems very nice and on top of things. Yay!! Feeling much better now.

jasmine&paul

Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:36 pm

jodieo88 wrote:
The Audis are our wedding cars :) )

Omg complete dumb moment this afternoon for me :oops: ha ha I read it n was like what is that! My fh is a mechanic (& car nut) & would think I'm the biggest no brainer if he saw that comment!!

jasmine&paul

Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:42 pm

Daughter I was starting to think I didn't want a veil either as every1 I tried looked so stiff &thick! Yeh once you find your dress you will def have a better idea. I think I just wanted 1 as it's the only time you get a chance to wear one :P

MrsJJ that would be stressful with the change of owners at ur venue glad you heard from them & it's all sweet !!

sandy_1902
I need a title
I need a title

Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:08 pm

talking of veils..

I have found mine. im going to be wearing a bubble veil i love them they are sooo gorgeous!!

getting my engagment pictures taken on the second of next month :D wooop .

and thinkinng of having our engagment party in my mums backyard.. (if i can talk FH into it!!)

amberino21
Mrs Cupcake

Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:18 am

Sara, good on you for not putting up with his brothers attitude!! I've seriously had enough of family (FH's, not mine!)....we also decided that his brother wasn't going to be part of our bridal party.

You've all been so busy! While I wait for my cupcakes to bake (got home and decided to do some midnight baking :P) I'll go and check out the new s&t Jodie :) glad you got the girls in order...an glad the cars are perfect!

Yay! For finding a veil you like jasmine, I think they're beautiful!

Mrs JJ 2 Be
J + R = ♥
J + R = ♥

Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:13 pm

Not sure if I am still going to do the seating plan to display... Seems maybe a bit OTT in my case as only having about 70 ppl. Plus to transport the easel and frame from Sydney to the Hunter will just be a pain... Not sure tho lol.

Just had dinner with Mum and my Stepdad. Was pretty nice we talked heaps about the wedding and was making me get all excited. I think I may ask Mum to walk me down the aisle. I honestly can't choose between my stepdad and my dad. I told her what I was thinking and she got all emotional, so I am thinking she is happy with that... Lol.

Hope all you lovely ladies had a fantastic weekend.
Luv Robby xxx

Daughter

Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:23 am

I don't think a seating chart is too OTT if it's what you want Robby! I love the crafty little things and have an entire list of all the 'little things' I intend to do for the wedding: blackboards or signs pointing to chapel etc with our names on them, homemade centrepieces, signs for the guestbook and cake table, maybe a homemade wishing well, Table name frames instead of numbers, and heaps heaps more! Some people may think I go overboard with the little details but I love it!

Having your mum walk you down the aisle sounds great. If you do decide you'd rather your dad though you could always have your dad on one side and your stepdad on the other maybe?! I'm intending to have my dad on one side and Pop on the other.

jodieo88
Princess Fitz
Princess Fitz

Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:09 pm

70 people is still a lot of people wandering around the tables in confusion, trying to figure out where they are sitting!

It would be so sweet to have your mum walk you down the aisle :)

I'm the same Daughter, I am doing a lot of DIY stuff :)

Mrs JJ 2 Be
J + R = ♥
J + R = ♥

Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:26 pm

The reason I was leaning towards not doing it is because I am not having numbers on the table itself... So I didn't see how it'd help anyway? IYKWIM.

I did end up buying a frame to do a seating plan:

But these are my centrepieces and thought it'd look weird with numbers?

Thoughts??

mini_k27
♥ Soon to be Mrs D ♥
♥ Soon to be Mrs D ♥

Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:27 pm

I think you could put table numbers at opposite sides of the mirror base and it would like fine.

jodieo88
Princess Fitz
Princess Fitz

Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:30 pm

Or you could make a folding card and sit it near the centrepiece?

Like this:

images.jpg

Mrs 2 Be
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:39 pm

Hi Ladies,
Sorry I have not been in. We went away friday for my cousins wedding in Toronto (central coast nsw) on Saturday and then on Sunday Den and I plus my cousin and his girlfriend (who is like a brother to me) went to the hunter Valley to meeti with the venue people, choose a room at our reception venue and meet with some photographers.

We were meant to meet with 2 photographers on friday afternoon but they both didn't turn up!! Their excuse we were caught in traffic!! They still could have called instead of waiting for us to call them.

We went to the venues on Sunday and love them soo much. At our reception venue we looked at 2 rooms before settling on The Garden Terrace. It was soo mus and suits our theme perfectly :)

We then met with a few photographers and are meeting with one more before making a decision.

We have booked our videographer. We absolutely love the work they do and were very impressed with them.

I think I have chosen the gown that I want. When we wlked into the chapel on Sunday I actually wen't oh sh*t (Poor Den thought I didn't like something,lol) as I actually saw myslef and Den standing at the other end on our wedding day and i was wearing a particular gown!! So i think that is the one i will go with.

Den thinks I have chosen my dress and thinks EH has the picture of the one i am wearing,lol. Had to give him a pic of one so he would stop hassling me,lol.

We have chosen the cake we want and Save the dates have been made :)

I have one issue though. We have chosen bridesmaid dresses and now even after seeing the dress and her being the one who first picked it and having to change the colour to suit her she has no decided she can't wear strapless!! Am I mean to say no?? I feel like i have already changed everything to suit her and my other bridesmaids prefer the dress how it is and i dont want one with straps and the rest with no straps. Am i being mean??

I am now 10 weeks pregnant and feeling huge!! LOL.

jodieo88
Princess Fitz
Princess Fitz

Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:19 pm

I have one issue though. We have chosen bridesmaid dresses and now even after seeing the dress and her being the one who first picked it and having to change the colour to suit her she has no decided she can't wear strapless!! Am I mean to say no?? I feel like i have already changed everything to suit her and my other bridesmaids prefer the dress how it is and i dont want one with straps and the rest with no straps. Am i being mean??

I am sorry but NO! Egads! She is turning into a BMzilla and trying to get things her way. Use the dresses YOU are happy with in a color that YOU like. If I was in a friends wedding, even if the dresses looked like Anya's in Buffy, I would wear whatever they ask me. Why? Because it is their day not the bridesmaids. :evil:

You are so bloody organised woman! Stop it hehe you're making me feel bad!

Congrats on the Cake and the photographer and THE dress! :mrgreen: :heart:

Mrs 2 Be
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:26 pm

Jodie I agree completely and I have decided that the dresses will remain how they are. I have spoken to a dress maker and she has agreed to alter the dress for this particular bridesmaid to make it tight across her bodice so that the dress will sit without falling. She has assured me that it wouldnt anyway due to the style but she said she will fix it anyway.

Im not normally this organised but as i only have 7 months between giving birth and getting married I would prefer to have most things organised so that I only need to do small things with the twins around :)

Oh and i forgot to add if anyone would like to see my Save The Dates let me know and i will pm you them so you can see them :)

jodieo88
Princess Fitz
Princess Fitz

Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:30 pm

Oh make an S&T!!! :mrgreen:
GZIP: On | Load: 0.36