A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

amberino21
Mrs Cupcake

Re: 2011 Brides - Part 2

Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:07 pm

Mrs 2 Be wrote:
Sooo excited!! We just got a call from our wedding photographers who asked us if they could do a maternity shoot for us!!!! of course our answer was yes,lol.

Make sure you wait until you're closer to your due date....a friend of ours does kids/baby/family/maternity photography and says people often do maternity shoots too early and look more chubby than pregnant and glowing..

kaitos811
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:22 pm

jodieo88 wrote:

Haha thanks :) I have tried very very hard to stay on budget, because we really cant afford to go over :( I would love to have an extra 1 or 2K for cars and things but what can you do?

You don't let it worry you, because at the end of the day you are marrying the love of your life, and as long as he shows up on the day, then you'll be happy :)

Mrs 2 Be
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:28 pm

kaitos811 wrote:
jodieo88 wrote:

Haha thanks :) I have tried very very hard to stay on budget, because we really cant afford to go over :( I would love to have an extra 1 or 2K for cars and things but what can you do?

You don't let it worry you, because at the end of the day you are marrying the love of your life, and as long as he shows up on the day, then you'll be happy :)

Jodie, I completely Agree with Kaito!! She is 100% right :heart:

Well remember yesterday I couldn't decide on the colour for my garter,horseshoe and ring pillow pack?? Well i just bit the bullet and ordered purple!! I still love the blue but i think purple will fit in better, Mind you i am now debating buying the blue just so i have at least the garters in blue lol :lol:

jodieo88
Princess Fitz
Princess Fitz

Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:06 am

Mrs 2 Be wrote:
kaitos811 wrote:
jodieo88 wrote:

Jodie, I completely Agree with Kaito!! She is 100% right :heart:

Well remember yesterday I couldn't decide on the colour for my garter,horseshoe and ring pillow pack?? Well i just bit the bullet and ordered purple!! I still love the blue but i think purple will fit in better, Mind you i am now debating buying the blue just so i have at least the garters in blue lol :lol:

Hehe yeah I know, I just hate stressing about money, I just hope Dans temp work continues for a while longer....

You could ask her to give you one of the garters in blue? That way it could be your something?

Mrs 2 Be
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:46 pm

I am sooo annoyed at the moment and need some help.

I will give the short story. My brother and I do not get on. Its actually gotten to the point he dosn't not spead a word to me even if i say hello!! We had my cousins wedding 2 weeks ago and i said hello to m brother and his wife and they both ignored me :( I have put up with my brothers crap for 90% of my life. We were close as kids but as soon as he got to high school and beynd he has changed. I have put up with soo much crap that now I will know longer even keep trying, even say hello if i saw them. He got married in March and to be honest, i felt like a complete outsider at my own brothers wedding, him and his wife didn't really even acknowledge that i was there :( They come to my parents house and dont even say a word to me, they just act like im not there.

This afternoon i said to my mum that i do not want my brother to know any of my wedding details as he will see it all on the day but im starting to wonder whether i should even invite them considering they treat me as if they dont know me anyway, well all hell broke loose and i got shouted at and told that he is my blood and i will only have one brother and he HAS to be there as well as his wife!! Mind you my mum has always stuck up for him. Now she is saying if they are not invited she wont attend :x :cry:

I just dont know what to do. My SIL has already started saying her wedding is better than ours will ever be and how unattractive i will look as a bride (really helps my low self esteem). To me a wedding is not a competition, everyones weddings are just as gorgoeus as the next person and to me my wedding is about marrying the man i love :heart:

What do i do, do i invite them or not??

jodieo88
Princess Fitz
Princess Fitz

Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:42 pm

I'm sorry but your mother needs to grow up! Does she see that they don't even acknowledge you?? If not, maybe point it out to her and explain why you don't want him there... Your mum should also know you are going through a bloody difficult pregnancy and she shouldn't be stressing you out!!

If they are going to cause/start s h i t before the weddnig/during the wedding, they shouldn't be there, you don't need that sort of stress :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

sara

Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:02 pm

I 100% agree with Jodie.

But, you have to do what you think is best. Good luck.

Mrs JJ 2 Be
J + R = ♥
J + R = ♥

Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:11 pm

Well said Jodie!!

Huge Huge hugs Bek!!!!! You know you can talk to us about stuff Hun.
Is it worth sitting down with your Mum and Brother without his wife?

amberino21
Mrs Cupcake

Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:19 pm

Family can be terrible....and I'm slowly starting to think more that "our friends are the family you choose for yourself".
I wouldn't have them there - would they even care if they weren't? Being family doesn't give them any right to treat you so terribly. If it was a friend who decided to not acknowledge you, they'd be off the guest list (and probably out of your life) in no time whatsoever!!

Mrs 2 Be
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:55 pm

Sorry i didn't get back on till now, had an emotional 24 hours.

Jodie, She does know they ignore me but she chooses to ignore it! Never sticks up for me and says anything.

Sara, Thanks hun :)

Robby, i wouldn't be able to sit h=with just my mum and my brother he can't go anywhere other than work without her :roll: It wouldn't do any good anyway, he would either turn up and ignore me the whole time or he wouldn't turn up at all!

Amberino, You are exactly right if it was a friend they would be off the guest list!

Its gottent to the stage that it is just ridiculous now. even if i dont like someone i am always polite and at least say hello anyway, but not him and her they just ignore me and then im the one that gets crap for it off my mum!

I just dont know what to do. I dont feel that want them there because of the way i am treated but i dont want a family argument either if i dont invite them! Soo confused :?

Mrs JJ 2 Be
J + R = ♥
J + R = ♥

Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:28 pm

Huge Hugs Bek!!

It's a crappy situation to be in. Do what makes you happy Hun.

I found an easel and frame today :) so I will use them to make our seating chart.

Neptune
I need a title
I need a title

Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:20 pm

Easel & frame look fab Mrs JJ

Mrs JJ 2 Be
J + R = ♥
J + R = ♥

Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:23 pm

Thanks so much Hun. The frame was just from target and my FMIL found the easel at the markets. It was exactly what I was after and she brought it over this afternoon :heart:

nixella
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:40 pm

Gorgeous easel & frame :D

I've had a busy few days. We went for my ultrasound on Friday and found out we're having a little boy :D So we did plenty of shopping after that. Then yesterday we bought my wedding shoes, earrings, the BM shoes and my mum bought her shoes as well. We also picked up my wedding dress and veil which was absolute torture cos I couldn't try it on :lol: We've also chosen our honeymoon destination so booking that and ordering the invitations is next on the list I think :wink:

Daughter
To infinity and beyond...
To infinity and beyond...

Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:02 pm

Hi Ladies,

Lots for me to catch up on, just got back from Canberra. Work up there was uber busy, glad to be home!

Firstly, congrats on it being a little boy Nixella!!

The easel is gorgeous Robby, love it!

Sorry to hear your having dilemmas with your brother Bek, they don't sound like very nice people :(

On my wedding front we've officially booked our venue and photographer, and I bought a few little bits and pieces for the wedding and engagement party while I was in Canberra. Got some wooden letters to have B & D on the cake table or something at the wedding. And I got the most awesome yellow heels for our yellow themed engagement party!! Love them.

My awesome mother has bought us yellow tablecloths, citronella candles, napkins etc all to match our theme colour! And we ordered some yellow paper lanterns online today so we should have them in the next week or so!

Mrs JJ 2 Be
J + R = ♥
J + R = ♥

Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:22 pm

Thanks Ladies. I'm really happy with it. Just got work out how to print table lists, I'm not very good with DIY... Lol.

Nixella that's so exciting your having a BOY!!! Congrats! Yay for picking up your wedding dress & veil too, pics??

Daughter, congrats on booking your venue!! How good does it feel? Glad you found some nice decorations for your engagement party too :)

Well it is exactly 5months for me today!! Really really excited. I went and paid some money off my dress yesterday, and FH and I decided to buy some illuminated table numbers from etsy so they should arrive in the next few weeks :)

nixella
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:34 pm

Thanks Belinda & Mrs JJ to Be

Pics of me in it when I bought it are on my old phone and I've tried everything to get them off but can't so here are pics from the website. The veil pics are on my phone and I couldn't find pics on the net anywhere.
Dress

Mrs JJ 2 Be
J + R = ♥
J + R = ♥

Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:52 pm

Absolutely Gorgeous :heart:

bronmelbourne
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:50 pm