A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

jasmine&paul
I survived and got married

Re: 2011 Brides - Part 2

Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:46 am

Hey everyone! I have had a pretty crappy week & havent been on for a while - Paul lost both his grandfathers & my friend lost her father all in a week :(

But im back at work today & what better way to start the week but to hear about everyones wedding plans!!!

Bek that really sucks about your bro family can really suck at times! Maybe dont decide til last minute, he may change (?) Good to hear you have sorted your photographer. Your honeymoon sounds great Im really looking forward to organising mine! I will have to check out your s&t.

Jodie thats a great offer half price photography! id be taking that offer up!!

Robby love the easel looks great! That five months is going to fly!!

Nixella congrats on the boy & your dress is very pretty!

Belinda engagement party theme sounds great! Nice & bright!!

I havent been doing much wedding stuff we did have a meeting on saturday at the church to sign the intent to marry paperwork which made it feel more real! The guy is really nice which is a big positive! I decided to buy a kiki k guestbook last week as i wanted one with questions & i suck at DIY. My mum also got her MOB outfit big :tick: as i was worried she wouldnt find anything. Its really nice its anthea crawford & it so happens yesterday at David Jones it was 50% off sale items so it was down from $550 to $170! i will have to update my s&t soon with pics

hope you all have a good day xx

amberino21
Mrs Cupcake

Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:35 pm

Jasmine, sorry to hear about your week - losing 3 people close to you would be incredibly hard..look after yourself, and the people close to you x

nix - a little boy!!! How exciting :) I bet it's nice to know and be able
to buy things for him. Your dress is stunning - I absolutely love the shape of the back :)

everyone's planning seems to be coming along - love the sound of the yellow themed e-party! I did post in the April thread, on Friday we sat down and worked out a more definite guest list, ordered more samples from cards and pockets and then worked out a proper order so when the samples
come we can put it through. It worke out to
abou $200 US for everything, including postage, so I'm quite happy with that.

Mrs 2 Be
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:16 pm

Had a very busy weekend so wasn't able to come in but im back now :)

Nix, Congrats on finding out your having a boy :heart: Wonderful news! LOVE your wedding gown!!!!

Daughter, Congrats on booking your venue!! Sounds like all your planning is all starting to come together :)

Robby, I LOVE your easel and frame, Gorgeous!!

Jasmine, i am so sorry to hear of your week. All my love and hugs to you xoxo

Amberino, Sounds like your invites are coming together. Can't wait to see pics :)

Thankyou for all your wonderful advice, re my family. I still have no idea what I will do but im not worrying about it at the moment.

Well i got spoilt on Saturday night. When Den proposed he gave me a ring that is gorgoeus but he didn't at the time think of a wedding band or eternity ring or costing for those to be made. When he went to get a price and look at them we found that a wedding and and eternity ring would not all go on my finger as i cant bend my finger if they did! So last week he went and ordered a new engagement ring and an eternity ring in my favourite stones, Swarovski crystals!!
On the weekend he was in newcastle for work training and i had a belated birthday dinner with some friends and on the way i picked the new rings up for him and put them in my car. He called me while i was at dinner and asked if i would be home by 1am, Umm yes babe the restaurant will definitly be closed by then,lol. I asked why and he just said keep 1am fee and hung up on me! My friends and i thought well 1am he was probably making sure i was home so he could call me. At a few minutes to 1am i got the surprise of my life to find him at the door!! He had a bad day at the training and wanted to see me (he left at 3am to go back to newcastle). He asked where the rings were and i said in one of the many bags in the loungeroom and went to get changed into my pj's. Well i turned around to walk down the hall and found him on his knee behind me!! He asked me all over again if i would marry him :heart: It was the sweetest thing and i cried for at least 30 minutes,lol. I am soo in love with my new rings but most of all I am completely and utterly in love with Den!!

Tomorrow I am going with one of my BM to try on the 2 wedding gowns i can't decide between. I will know after tomorrow exactly what one i will be getting!

It has also been decided that my BM are wearing the same dresses but differetn colours. one will be in pink, one in turquoise, one in purple and my maid of honour will be in yellow. My Bm all finally decided to compromise,lol. I am now comppletely happy with their dresses as they all colours i wanted in one way or another :)

Mrs JJ 2 Be
J + R = ♥
J + R = ♥

Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:26 pm

Ohhh Jasmine I am so sorry for your loss. Massive hugs! How exciting is it when you sign the intent to marry? :D can't wait to see the Piccys.

That's a good price for invites Amberino. Can't wait to see pics when the samples arrive :)

Bek that is sooo cute! Den sounds like such a sweetie. Pics!!!! We wanna see your new bling :heart:

Mrs 2 Be
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:04 pm

Thanks Robby, He definately is a sweetie :heart:

Here are my new rings!

Eternity at the top and engagement on the bottom. All swarovski crystals, my favourite stone!!

Mrs JJ 2 Be
J + R = ♥
J + R = ♥

Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:18 pm

Beautiful :heart: :heart:

Mrs 2 Be
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:45 pm

Thanks Robby, I :heart: them!!

I just wanted to share that

I HAVE CHOSEN AND ORDERED MY WEDDING GOWN!!!!!!!!

I am soo in love with it and very happy with my choice. Everytime i put this particular dress i felt like a princess and knew it was the dress i wanted to marry Den in :heart:

I got more pics as well :D

We have also changed BM dresses as we fell in love with another dress when i was trying on dresses and they are now ordered as well :)

amberino21
Mrs Cupcake

Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:00 am

Bek - Your new rings are so sparkly!!

And, can't wait for wedding dress pics- how exciting!! (although you're making mr feel so disorganized with all this planning you're doing!)

Did you get BM dress pics too?

Mrs JJ 2 Be
J + R = ♥
J + R = ♥

Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:13 am

Ohhh how exciting Bek!!!!

Can't wait to see piccys!

I ordered some illuminated table numbers of etsy the other day :) can't wait to receive them. I have started having wedding nightmares again... Have no idea why lol. The last 3 nights and it's always something different. Our final proof came back for our invites, heaps excited cos now he will actually make one for us to see!!

jasmine&paul

Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:42 pm

Bek :heart: the new ring!!! Cant wait to see pics of your dress choices!!

Robby you will have to post pics of the illuminated table numbers i may be interested in getting some :wink:

I dislike wedding nightmares ive had a few but not for a while i hate the ones where you have forgotten the hair & makeup person they are baddddd! Hopefully they will disappear tonight!

Mrs 2 Be
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:20 pm

Amberino, My rings are sparkly, i love it when the sun catches them! Trust me if i wasn't pregnant and trying to get most things organised before the twins arrived, i wouldn't have done much yet,lol.

Robby, do you have pics?? Can't wait to see them and your invites!

Jasmine, Thankyou, i love it too!!

I have also had nightmares, everything that could go wrong including Den not turning up has happened in my nightmares!! Hate them :x

Well here are the pics of my gown. i will do the pic of it from the wbsite then show it on me.

Website Pic

dress on me

on me with my ceremony cathedral length veil

Mrs 2 Be
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:30 pm

Bridesmaids

Ok so we have decided each BM will wear the same gown as each toehr just in different colours.

MOH = Yellow
BM = Purple
BM = Pink
BM = Blue

Here is the new BM dress ( it took these pics yesterday)

So my question is would you go with

PASTEL like this (yeollow is brighter IRL)

Dress with blue as turquoise like this

Or Dresses with a sky blue (thats the colour of the dress i took a pic of yesterday)

I am leaning towards the brighter colours with the sky blue as the blue colour, oh and the yellow is brighter IRL as well.

Could you all please help me choose what colour selection to go with??

mini_k27
♥ Soon to be Mrs D ♥
♥ Soon to be Mrs D ♥

Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:50 pm

I think definitely bright colours, I personally prefer the turquoise but totally up to you! They both look great!

nixella
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:54 pm

I like the bright colours with the turquoise. Good luck deciding :D

dandas
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:53 pm

Hello all,

OK so I've been gone for ages, trying to be good, and yet as exam time rolls around I find myself procrastinating on here once again!
So yay! I missed you all, so much exciting stuff has happened in our 2011 thread :)

Bek, that dress is gorgeous! I love the deatailing so much better in real life than on the model, and you look grogeous in it. Love the cathedral length veil too. I'm currently tossing up between that and a birdcage, lol just a little but different :)

I prefer the pastels, but I'm not really into bright colours much... if yo do go with the brights though, I think the turquoise is nicer than the sky blue. It fits in with the others better. The design is gorgeous though :)

mini_k27
♥ Soon to be Mrs D ♥
♥ Soon to be Mrs D ♥

Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:12 pm

dandas you're back! I've missed having you around :)

Mrs JJ 2 Be
J + R = ♥
J + R = ♥

Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:10 pm

Welcome back Dandas :)

Bek I like the brighter colours with the turquoise too :tick:

So excited atm, the invitation supplier said our invites will be ready by early November!!!!!! :D

Mrs JJ 2 Be
J + R = ♥
J + R = ♥

Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:12 pm

Jasmine I def will post pics! I :heart: the things you find on etsy :)

Daughter
To infinity and beyond...
To infinity and beyond...

Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:21 pm

Loving all your updates ladies!

Love the dress you chose Bek, you look fabulous in it!

Welcome back Dandas

Bek, your bridesmaids dresses are fairly similar in design to the one I wore as MOH at my mums wedding last year. I wore hot pink, and my stepsister wore blue and purple. In fact I'll post a photo below so you can see what it looked like! Ok, I can't find a full length one of all of us together on my computer, but here's the dresses:

amberino21
Mrs Cupcake

Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:28 pm

Hi dandas!!! Nice to see you back :)

Bek, I like both combinations - I think it depends on the style of wedding...and even what sort of flowers you want to have. I think more romantic, "fluffy" flowers in pale colours would suit the pastels, but bright/white sharper flowers (like lilies) would work with the bright colours...
GZIP: On | Load: 0.29