A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

SapphireSunset
2 hearts beating as one
2 hearts beating as one

Re: 2011 Brides - Part 2

Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:58 pm

Aww gorgeous pic Mrs 2 Be ..

Little update from me ... we booked our honeymoon accommodation in on Wednesday and also exchanged/purchased some currency since the pound is pretty awesome right now.

We are going to London for 5 weeks and will be staying with my family for 4 of those weeks then on the way back will be staying in London for 4 days to see the sites. I was born in England so this trip is pretty exciting as I have not been home for 22yrs .. fh has suprisingly never been either since he was in the navy for 9yrs, he's been everywhere else lol

Tomorrow we are headed for the travel agents to look at booking flights ... I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited and can't wait to get there already .. :mrgreen:

kaitos811
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:43 pm

SapphireSunset wrote:
Aww gorgeous pic Mrs 2 Be ..

Little update from me ... we booked our honeymoon accommodation in on Wednesday and also exchanged/purchased some currency since the pound is pretty awesome right now.

We are going to London for 5 weeks and will be staying with my family for 4 of those weeks then on the way back will be staying in London for 4 days to see the sites. I was born in England so this trip is pretty exciting as I have not been home for 22yrs .. fh has suprisingly never been either since he was in the navy for 9yrs, he's been everywhere else lol

Tomorrow we are headed for the travel agents to look at booking flights ... I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited and can't wait to get there already .. :mrgreen:

That's an awesome honeymoon! When's your date? (sorry if it's written somewhere and I've blatantly missed it!)

SapphireSunset
2 hearts beating as one
2 hearts beating as one

Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:34 pm

Yeh I thought so too :D

Well we are all booked now.. just gotta organise the insurance & car hire but other than that ... the flights are booked and we got an awesome price too as most airlines have released their early bird specials !!!!

We leave in May and come back late June.

:bdance: REALLY EXCITED :bdance:

Mrs JJ 2 Be
J + R = ♥
J + R = ♥

Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:43 pm

What a great honeymoon sapphire sunset!!

How fast is time flying now ladies? There is like 20 weeks to go for me!

We have organised our cake tasting for next Monday the 4th and will also finalize the design. We are also meeting with the dj that same afternoon.

Also very exciting I am going to pay my dress off this pay!! :mrgreen:

jodieo88
Princess Fitz
Princess Fitz

Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:27 pm

Yay! Everyone is so organised!!! :D

Ok stuff I have done:
- Found our DJ http://www.djmasters.com.au/weddings/ only $520 down from $660
- Ordered FG dress
- Got feather headband from etsy

...... Ohk that's it haha :oops:

amberino21
Mrs Cupcake

Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:37 pm

jodieo88 wrote:
Yay! Everyone is so organised!!! :D

Ok stuff I have done:
- Found our DJ http://www.djmasters.com.au/weddings/ only $520 down from $660
- Ordered FG dress
- Got feather headband from etsy

...... Ohk that's it haha :oops:

oo! Great saving on the DJ!

Who is the headband for? I've been trawling etsy all morning (FH went surfing, then stayed at his mates place to play with their new baby...boo!!!) and was looking at headbands for FG's and possibly BM's.

I've been thinking about our invites...and spent forever trying to work out whether I should use a damask pattern, a small single element from a damask pattern or get a pretty, fancy monogram designed and use that. I've found some quite nice ones on etsy (digital files) but I'm being indecisive, and FH isn't helping much!

Neptune
I need a title
I need a title

Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:48 pm

Yay for getting stuffed organised Jodie, and on the saving :mrgreen:

Damask is lovely amberino but can be overpowering (in my opinion) when used in large sections with high contrast colours. Where do you want to use it?

As for me - After being stuffed around for 3 months by my hair & makeup lady I finally told her not to bother and have decided to go elsewhere. Hopefully I'll have my trial with my new lady in a week or so :) Feels good to know that it might actually get done soon.

amberino21
Mrs Cupcake

Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:38 pm

Neptune wrote:
Yay for getting stuffed organised Jodie, and on the saving :mrgreen:

Damask is lovely amberino but can be overpowering (in my opinion) when used in large sections with high contrast colours. Where do you want to use it?

As for me - After being stuffed around for 3 months by my hair & makeup lady I finally told her not to bother and have decided to go elsewhere. Hopefully I'll have my trial with my new lady in a week or so :) Feels good to know that it might actually get done soon.

Hope your new lady works out Neptune - and well done for telling the other lady not to bother after wasting so much of your time!

in terms of the damask, it's really only in the invitations/placecards/menu (and possibly on the bonbonierre packaging depending on what we use) - i agree that it can be overpowering, especially when you see weddings with black/white damask tablecloths and things.

I *think* (thanks to the help of Dandelion and some online tutorials i've found) that i might only use a small part on the invitations/menu/placecards, something like the design on the right, then turn it into the damask like on the left and use that possibly as a bellyband or envelope liner so it's not so in your face!

Neptune
I need a title
I need a title

Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:26 pm

I think that sounds great amberino! I love the idea of using it for just the belly band and envelope liner :heart: Its a nice way to incorporate a pattern but not have it take over.

Mrs 2 Be
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:12 pm

Hi Lovelies!!

Just quickly coming in to say that im sorry i have not been in. Had a few things going on and currently dealing with a medical issue thats terrifying me :( :cry:

I have been reading though and will try and come in later tonight or tomorrow to do personals.

I also went with a bridal expo with one of my BM on Sunday and can i just OMG information overload!!!!

Love to you all :heart:

Bek xoxoxoxo

amberino21
Mrs Cupcake

Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:27 pm

Hugs, Bek - you've not had the best luck recently, i hope you're all ok xox
we're all here to support you if you need

nixella
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:41 pm

Hope everything is ok Bek

dandas
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:31 pm

Hope everything is going to be ok Bek!
Let us know if there is anything we can do, although I don't think there is much I can do through a screen, damn technology :D but we can always listen...

Amberino, I think those invites look great, love the belly band idea!

jodieo88
Princess Fitz
Princess Fitz

Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:06 pm

Mrs 2 Be wrote:
Hi Lovelies!!

Just quickly coming in to say that im sorry i have not been in. Had a few things going on and currently dealing with a medical issue thats terrifying me :( :cry:

I have been reading though and will try and come in later tonight or tomorrow to do personals.

I also went with a bridal expo with one of my BM on Sunday and can i just OMG information overload!!!!

Love to you all :heart:

Bek xoxoxoxo

I hope everything is ok bek! Dont stress about personals hun, focus on you and bubbas.

You could also jump in pregnancy and parenting section if you need... There is another woman on here, Tanarie, who is also pregnant with twins :)

xxoxoxxx

Mrs 2 Be
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:16 am

Hi Ladies,

Thankyou for all your love and support today.

My pregnancy s going ok and the twins are well. I had my NT scan today and everything is perfect with them so far :)

I found a lump in my neck 6 months ago but it actually came up when i had swollen glands so never worried about it. Last week i had a really bad headache in the back of my head and my neck was really painful and felt stiff in that area and when i went to rub my neck i found the lump had grown a lot and it now pokes out of my neck, When my hair is up people can actually see it as well :(

I went to the GP and saw my normal ones husband who told me i had a boil in my neck 8O :? I didn't agree so i made an appointment with my normal GP who is his wife and as soon as she saw it and felt it she completely disagreed with what he said and she rushed me in for a scan which i had on monday. It turns out to be a highly suspicious mass and i now need to have an urgent biopsy :( I am completely petrified about it and have been crying on and off since recieving the scan results.

My GP said that if it is anything and its something that she cannot be sure of, then they have caught it early and it will just need to be removed but she said she plans on having it removed anyway just so i can have peice of mind that its gone.

Of course i am now all negative and thinking the worst especially as my mum recently had a Basal Cell carcinoma removed from her hand which she was told before removal was an infected splinter in her hand! But Den has been awesome and so has my family and friends and they are all doing things to help take my mind off of it such as taking me to a bridal expo,lol.

I see my GP again tomorrow to see when my biopsy will be and a referral to a surgeon to get the lump removed. I will know more after seeing her tomorrow as well as i have only spoken to her by phone since recieving the results.

thanks again for you lovely posts tonight it means alot :) xoxoxoxo

amberino21
Mrs Cupcake

Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:02 am

Bek, i can imagine that would be incredibly scary! good on you for getting a second opinion though - some doctors seem to have no idea!

I hope the results are good ones - sending you lots of hugs and thoughts and prayers that it isn't anything serious. Glad your family and friends are helping you through it, and trying to keep your mind on other things :) (i agree about expos being information overload...i find them overwhelming!!)

and look! we should nearly be going on to 2011, part 3!

jodieo88
Princess Fitz
Princess Fitz

Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:11 pm

amberino21 wrote:
Bek, i can imagine that would be incredibly scary! good on you for getting a second opinion though - some doctors seem to have no idea!

I hope the results are good ones - sending you lots of hugs and thoughts and prayers that it isn't anything serious. Glad your family and friends are helping you through it, and trying to keep your mind on other things :) (i agree about expos being information overload...i find them overwhelming!!)

and look! we should nearly be going on to 2011, part 3!

X2

I am glad you got a second opinion, always believe in what your body tells you!

Daughter
To infinity and beyond...
To infinity and beyond...

Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:04 pm

Oh Bek, what scary news. I hope everything works out fine! I had a cyst on the top of my shoulder a couple of years ago, was the size of a mosquito bite and then the following day was the size of a 50c piece. Just turned out to have gotten infected, so they removed it and all was fine. Hope yours turns out to be something similar or at least not bad as well! xx

Hope everyone else is having a fabulous week!

Mrs L
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:11 pm

Sending you positive vibes Bek.

Mrs JJ 2 Be
J + R = ♥
J + R = ♥

Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:14 pm

Hugs Bek. Hope Everything goes well Hun.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.15