Re: May 2010 - Part 2

Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:47 pm

Yippee!!!

Elizabethan
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:56 am

I cant believe how much happened yesterday! I was only gone one day!

Fh and I went up the coast yesterday and got some more wedding stuff done:
Paid the rest of the Church Fee
Met the new venue co-ordinator about the package and wether we should have a bar tab or package
Organised a DJ set up to be put up and packed down for us, but we get to make our own play lists
Bought a nice pen to sign the certificate
Bought stamps for invites and rsvp's
Got details of the church organist (we are going pretty traditional with the ceremony)
Organised decorating company to set up a backdrop (serious rip off but we need it- I just think the venue should do this themselves)
Confirmed wedding night accomodation is booked ( a girl I went to school with works at the hotel, so she said she would try to get us an upgrade or something)

We keep thinking we have forgotten something- but I think all we have now is cake tasting/ ordering ( we have the stand booked already), Bestmens outfits and some little things for FH (vest, shirt tie etc), bridesmaid shoes, small clutch to put my stuff in etc.

We also managed to add in a quick swim at the beach in the afternoon!

It seems we are all dog lovers around here, but I'm pretty sure mine is the smallest, Shes a 2.1 kilo chihuahua pug cross. She goes to a place not far from us called doggy pause- they are great, the dogs have lounges to laze on, heaps of land to play on, even dvd's and calming music. Because my little Bambi and FMIL's mini poodle are so sooky, the woman who runs it lets them stay inside with her if they want- they sleep inside the house with her and she takes them outside to play for a few hours a day then they come back in to sit on her knee!
They make the "I want to kill you" noises too- really low growls, but probably not as scary sounding as rotties!

drinkyoupretty
little red dot in oz
little red dot in oz

Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:31 am

Are all of you leaving for your honeymoon straight after your wedding? Just wondering... with all the doggy-sitting arrangements going on..

We have two dogs and one cat but they'll stay at our house because the house will only be empty for one night (wedding night).

Miss2Mrs
Happily Ever After
Happily Ever After

Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:31 am

HAPPY FOUR MONTHS TO GO TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bdance: :bdance:

We are leaving on Monday for the honeymoon.
Dogs are going in on the Thurs before the wedding & pickup the thursday after we get back on wens (15nights @ $770) 8O
We also will have to organise a dude to come to the house & check on the fishtank a few times a week, probably get him to grab the mail n stuff too.
we're in a little complex so my 2 good neighbours will keep an eye on the house otherwise :-)

I need to take piccies of all my little updates!!!

4 mths hey, shyyyytttteeeee now i'm crapping myself esp since my ticker says 3mths!! AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

drinkyoupretty
little red dot in oz
little red dot in oz

Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:00 pm

Ahh okay so this discussion was more honeymoon-related then! We are having a belated honeymoon so not worrying about pet-sitting yet..

GingerNinja
The Ninja
The Ninja

Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:04 pm

drinkyoupretty wrote:
Ahh okay so this discussion was more honeymoon-related then! We are having a belated honeymoon so not worrying about pet-sitting yet..

Ditto for us.

If we move the wedding to september does that mean I can still hang around here?

b2k
Formerly known as bergette

Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:21 pm

Happy 4 months to go May 22nd people! Wow, that means tomorrow we click over to the 3 months and .... days! Can't wait!

We leave for our honeymoon Monday morning 6am following our saturday wedding. Starting to regret that now as my FH is greek and a lot of guest are going to give us $$$ and we would love to get to the bank! Might put FFIL in charge of that! I think i will drop my Pendles (my poodle x) at the dog sitters the morning of my wedding as my makeup lady and hairdresser is just around the corner.

Well strange incident happened to me this morning (that involves both my before mentioned dog and my wedding shoes!)

I was eating breakfast when i could hear my dog crying. I ran out the back (he is an inside dog, hardly ever goes out that doggy door) and found him sitting next to a massive possum that was looking quite ill. I put him inside and tried to work out what to do with this sick possum. I put water out for it and called wildlife victoria. They told me they would send someone around to collect it, and asked if i could put it in a shoe box. Well i ran around my house looking for a shoe box (for a girl that owns 100+ pairs, you would think this would be easy). The only box i could find is the one my wedding shoes are in (ready to go to the dress makers tomorrow to bea measured up!) So i looked out the window and saw the sick possum, threw my shoes on the bed and decided the possum needed the box more. I am such a sucker where animals are concerned! I was also 2 hours late for work whilst waiting for the wildlife man to arrive! I live 15km out of Melbourne, but we are a leafy suburb and get a lot of possums.

I think i will now try to find a new show box replacement for my poor shoes!

Miss2Mrs
Happily Ever After
Happily Ever After

Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:15 pm

aaaawww Bergette - ur such a sweetie!! I hope the possum ends up being ok!
Good sacrifice of the shoe box haha

Whats the poodle x with? bengal tiger is all i could come up with haha

GingerNinja
The Ninja
The Ninja

Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:18 pm

Oh I hope the possum is ok. Hey good excuse to go buy a new pair of shoes just so your wedding shoes can have their box and the new ones can go nicely on your feet :D

b2k

Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:48 pm

Not a bad idea, hadn't thought of that!

We were told he was crossed with Pomeranian, but to date, he has never looked like he has this in him at all. Even the vet laughed when we told him this. I personally think it could be koala, but otherwise miniature schnauzer or shihtzu? He is pretty adorable and very well behaved (and a big bit spoilt, he is currently on the end of the bed whilst he and FH have a nap together!)
Pendles.jpg

GingerNinja
The Ninja
The Ninja

Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:53 pm

awwwww so cute

drinkyoupretty
little red dot in oz
little red dot in oz

Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:57 pm

ohhh how cute is he!!!!!!!!

He could be a Pomapoo, according to this google image search.

But definitely looks closer to a poodle shih tzu mix.

GingerNinja
The Ninja
The Ninja

Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:02 pm

smarsme wrote:
GingerNinja wrote:
If we move the wedding to september does that mean I can still hang around here?

OF COURSE YOU CAN!!!

Awww shucks :oops:

kyliemartin79
Lady K
Lady K

Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:38 pm

He is so cute Bergette :heart:
I thought you were going to say that while your wedding shoes were on your bed that you came back and found that your dog had chewed them to pieces. Thank god that didnt happen!

Well I got a long nice email back from our string quartet today saying what she thought about our choices and she gave recommendations, so we are getting there with our music, I also went into the invite shop and I will be getting a proof of our invite send to us to go through and make any changes if need be. Tomorrow I am off to the cakemaker to definitely lock it in and to pay the deposit and to choose actual flavours like one tier mud choc, another one white choc etc. It comes with its own board but I am after one of those silver vintage square cake stands, so I'm not sure if they hire them out there or if Ripponlea the reception venue does but if anyone in Melbourne might know where I can get one just let me know. Because whenever I try to do a search online it comes up with all sorts of "not what I want cake stands" :oops: And I paid my deposit to Rogue Artists yesterday for hair & makeup on the day and she said that their would be two ladies on the day doing it :D

I wish I could post a photo of our cake, it is nothing like my photo inspiration. It is very different and very vintage and really suits the theme of our wedding, as we initally liked another cake but it just didnt fit in well with the vintage theme.

carly_buttons
Done and dusted
Done and dusted

Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:46 am

GingerNinja wrote:
smarsme wrote:
GingerNinja wrote:

OF COURSE YOU CAN!!!

Awww shucks :oops:

GN what's going on? Are you thinking of postponing again?

GingerNinja
The Ninja
The Ninja

Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:31 pm

Pertty much, we have to have a meeting with the venue before we make a final decision but yep looks like it.

kyliemartin79
Lady K
Lady K

Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:33 pm

GingerNinja wrote:
Pertty much, we have to have a meeting with the venue before we make a final decision but yep looks like it.

Oh no but yes you definitely have to stay and hang around and keep us company!!
But you can also join the September thread, you will have double the gossip 8)

GingerNinja
The Ninja
The Ninja

Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:45 pm

kyliemartin79 wrote:
GingerNinja wrote:

Oh no but yes you definitely have to stay and hang around and keep us company!!
But you can also join the September thread, you will have double the gossip 8)

LOL, yep twice as much wedding gossip, I love it! And I get to watch all you girls go before me... you can tell me what married life is really like :lol:
GZIP: On | Load: 0.25