Re: February 2010 - Part 2

Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:35 am

woohoo part 2!!!

jesskins
Mrs Hunny Bunny
Mrs Hunny Bunny

Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:43 am

Haha I was wondering when that was gonna happen!!!

5 weeks today!!!! BM dress shopping again tomorrow! Wish me luck :)

sararose

Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:09 am

Jess- good luck bridesmaid shopping, hope it doesnt take too long and you can have a nice relaxing lunch after

Not too much happening, have paid the final installment to the venue or poor bank account :cry:. Have been in touch with MUA, Hairdresser, Photographer, venue and florist
Still have to-
Meet with my uncle our celebrant and finalise ceremony
Confirm car booking
Go and taste wine after the new bottling
Buy wine for part of bm's gift
Pick up my dress :lol:

Im no longer doing a speech as it was stressing me out. My Dad was a pain and asked if my step grandmother could come 3 weeks before the wedding, I really dont like the woman (neither does he) and I know she would just ***** and moan the whole time. He rang back and said not to worry about it and forget he said anything. I wish he hadnt said anything or said something earlier, before seating plans were done and place cards printed and everything paid for. Why leave it to 3 weeks before the wedding? Oh well time to move on and she is not coming

My FH and his family gave me a 4hr spa package for my birthday so I have booked it in for about 10 days before our wedding. Cant wait

Good luck with all the last little bits of planning everyone, not long now

pinklilli
♥together forever♥
♥together forever♥

Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:15 am

Good luck with your BM dress shopping Jess.
Sararose - how lucky are you for the spa treatment, couldn't have come at a better time. Enjoy yourself.

My wonderful friend who would have been my BM had she been living closer at the time of asking has volunteered to organize a Kitchen tea with dinner and drinks with friends afterwards as my hens thing. My MOH has been incredibly lazy and now that she has heard my friend is doing it, has become a little hurt, but she had her chance. So the hens thingy will now be happening on 13 Feb, I'm very excited now, one less thing to worry about.

Mrs2010
I survived and got married

Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:14 am

good luck jess!

ohhh enjoy sararose, df has been asked by a couple of guests to bring along there partners(who hadnt been invited) of course he couldnt say no, so no we have a couple more guests :roll:

your kitchen tea sounds lovely pinklilli,hope you have fun :D

okay so in my last post i thought i had found my shoes, well they didnt have my size, but yesterday i ordered these :D and only have a 3cm heel woot http://www.shoebuy.com/touch-ups-abby/223091

nimz
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:17 pm

pinklilli - my hens is on the 13th too. and my kitchen tea is next weekend. would love to hear what you are all doing for kitchen tea and hens. I'm not a huge games person (really don't like making a fool out of myself) so i'll prob just play some games like 'how well do you know the bride and groom' and 'what's in the brides handbag'. I would like one more game though. any ideas?

Violet Blue
HisGoffickHalf
HisGoffickHalf

Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:49 pm

Things are really happening now! *Bounces*

Yesterday we bought my shoes and did a photo walk through the gardens - picking where we are doing photos and the exact place we will be married (I'll hopefully put photos in my S&T later). As we looked at the place I started to cry it is so perfect and beautiful and that set FH off as well :lol:

We also met with our photographer...it's a friend who offered to do it. To my huge relief he's shot weddings for $ before so I know I'll get the kind of shots I've admired on other people's halls of fame. And he's a lovely guy and I'm glad he and his girlfriend will be at the wedding!

Today we are picking menus and FH is buying thr table decorations. And I've been writing the ceremony. I think that's all.

Except, I was wrong about the perfume. I looked at Bright Crystal but then found out my father gave some to his girlfriend and that put me off so I switched to Armani Diamonds - I love those fresh citrussy scents.

kemseyelle
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:10 pm

Hello ladies!

Woo hoo, thread #2 - I've been thinking for awhile we should request one, but never bothered to actually do it, so I'm glad it's happened! We might find that we need a bit more chatter over these next couple of weeks till D-Day!!!

How's everyone going?

Our RSVPs were due on Monday, we're still waiting on 11 people. :evil: Grrr :evil: But we don't actually need to finalise with the venue till 15 Feb so I'm not too worried, and I'm 99% sure 3 of those people are coming, and 99% sure another 2 people aren't, so there are really only 6 I don't know about at all! I'm annoyed that people are so slack, but I'm pretty sure I've been the same in the past, before I realised how annoying it was, so I can't really be too mad about it! Now that I've been through it myself, I will be RSVPing on the first day for any weddings I get invited to from now on!!!

FH still hasn't bought his suit :roll: but he found one he likes, he's going to try it on again today so hopefully by COB he will have a suit!!!

We finally sorted out our wedding cake - I don't have a picture of the actual one but it is 3 tiers, decorated with white chocolate shards and lilies, looks a bit like this, only less "spiky" iykwim:
wedding cake.jpg

Long-range forecast says 75% chance of rain in the week beforehand (forecast for 20 Feb not available till tomorrow) but I am hoping that will change. Our outdoor ceremony could be a bit soggy otherwise!

Not having a kitchen tea, but for my hens we're going on a boat cruise which includes dinner and drinks, then going to a cocktail bar, then probably dodgy dancing to 80s pop in a daggy nightclub somewhere! Can't wait!!! Yippeee!!!

OK, well I am at work and TOTALLY not supposed to be stuffing about on the internet, so better get back to it!

Have a lovely weekend everyone!

pinklilli
♥together forever♥
♥together forever♥

Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:19 pm

nimz wrote:
pinklilli - my hens is on the 13th too. and my kitchen tea is next weekend. would love to hear what you are all doing for kitchen tea and hens. I'm not a huge games person (really don't like making a fool out of myself) so i'll prob just play some games like 'how well do you know the bride and groom' and 'what's in the brides handbag'. I would like one more game though. any ideas?

Well It's going to be a pretty in pink kitchen tea, where everyone has to wear and item of pink and bring a plate of pink nibbles/sweets/cakes etc. I'm thinking about the following games, though really not to keen on the toilet paper one - Bride's quiz, handbag game, don't say it (can't say the word wedding), wedding pictionary and if all else fails the toilet paper wedding dress.

Afterwards it's dinner and cocktails at the local Mexican restaurant, it will only be my close friends doing this and there will be no clubbing afterward and I've directed that at no time will I have to wear a ***** or a bride sash, I'm not into being the "obvious bride" as I think I'm too old for that :D . I will just probably wear my singlet with Bride written on it that I bought from customized girl.

Mrs2010

Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:41 pm

nice cake kemseyelle!

How is everyone going with RSVPs?

our final count is 68 witch is more the i thought would come,15 arent coming i was ubhappy witha few who arent coming,but it dosnt matter the people who are coming mean the most to us :D

i think all i have left is to second coat the "sweet love" letters order the lollies(doing it this week) and start packing all the wedding stuff up! oh im having a second hair trial on sat day of my hens party im getting really excited about it now :D

rach27
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:04 am

How exciting mrs2010!!! Hope your hair trial & hens night go really well!!

I have had 81 Yes and 17 no. The only one I was really dissapointed about was FH Godparents, onoly because he was so upset about it. They said they couldnt afford to travel, which i guess is fair enough even though they have known about it for 6-8 months but oh well!! I was hoping for no more then 80 people so with us and the DJ we will have 84 so not too bad i thought!!

Had meeting with our cake lady on Sat afternoon to finalise the cake. It will be four tierz/
Bottom tier - Choc caramel;
3rd tier - Cherry ripe
2nd tier - choc pepermint
top - white choc raspberry

Im thinking of skipping dinner & just eating four slice of cake!! We also had a meeting with our reception venue manager on sunday (which he was 15 minutes late too - lucky i <3 the place!!) We wanted to change the menu to be more of a roast menu which he said was fine.

We sent out the invites for my hens night which is the 6th ill also have my makeup trial that day.

I realised today that i only have 2 more pays until the wedding aughhh!!! Lets hope they will be awesome pays lol!!

Hope everyones plans are going well and your enjoying any lead up events!!

Violet Blue
HisGoffickHalf
HisGoffickHalf

Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:12 pm

Wow...I want your cake! We're ordering ours this week...marble mud, with the traditional thick icing but in red, with sugar cherry blossoms.

jesskins
Mrs Hunny Bunny
Mrs Hunny Bunny

Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:21 pm

We had no luck with bm dresses :( the search continues. Assembled the favour boxes last night, haven't received any more rsvps for a while, can't believe there are still people who haven't responded this long after the deadline. Fh is in nsw enjoying his long bucks weekend, tomorrow I'll be off to mums to fix up a few little things on my dress, including the bustle. I'm hoping she has my garter all done too, very excited to see how it turned out!

Ps. Everyone's cakes Look/sound delicious!!! Making me hungry!!!

kemseyelle
I need a title
I need a title

Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:43 pm

So, prediction is still 75% chance of rain on my wedding day and the days surrounding. :( I'm SOOO hoping it's wrong. It doesn't really matter that much but I'll be really disappointed if we can't use our beautiful outdoor ceremony spot. Plan B is kind of a concrete jungle (another spot at our venue) and it'll be fine but just not gorgeous like our outdoor spot. Fingers crossed for unexpected sun!

We are still waiting on 6 RSVPs. Since we're not having sit-down dinner, it doesn't matter quite as much as we don't have to do seating charts, but it's still annoying! It's not hard, people! Are you coming or aren't you??? :roll: So far we have 123 yes, 11 no, 6 unknown.

I got my first piece of mail in my married name yesterday! FH's cousin, who's not coming to the wedding, sent us a card, and addressed it to us under his name - gave me a bit of a buzz! I'm not 100% sure I'm actually going to change it, but looking at it written down, I kind of went "awwwww!!!" FH less so - he didn't notice! He just saw our first names, his surname, didn't really think about it! :roll: :lol: Men!

Jesskins, good luck with the BM dresses! Hope you find your dream dresses really soon...

Hope everyone's planning is going well - we are really in THE FINAL COUNTDOWN now!

nimz
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:28 pm

I got all my RSVPs a couple of weeks ago, but my rsvp date was 5th January. We had to chase up a few people, but our final numbers are 118 confirmed and about 15 rejections. Now I'm just waiting on rsvps for kitchen tea and hens which seems to be a lot more frustrating.

rach27
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:15 am

one month today for 27th brides!!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

pinklilli
♥together forever♥
♥together forever♥

Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:35 am

rach27 wrote:
one month today for 27th brides!!!!

:D :D :D : :bdance: :bdance: :bdance:

I'm a little excited in case you can't tell

beachbride77

Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:32 pm

pinklilli wrote:
rach27 wrote:
one month today for 27th brides!!!!

:D :D :D : :bdance: :bdance: :bdance:

I'm a little excited in case you can't tell

I'm with you girls. Excited like a kid at christmas!!! Still got things to do though.

I'd like to get a new perfume for the day and lingerie!!! and there's little odds and ends I'm still thinking about, lol. Wonder if I'll ever feel complete.

Violet Blue
HisGoffickHalf
HisGoffickHalf

Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:26 pm

I can't believe the time has gone so fast. FH and his mother went to get the cake today...I bought my underwear (scary bum lifting shorts! :lol: ). We're spending a couple hours a day now on wedding stuff. I'm an emotional mess,tears over everything :roll: I am going to bawl my way down the "aisle"
GZIP: On | Load: 0.32