A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

nursekim
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: March 2010 - Part 3

Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:02 am

Well three days out and I've decided that the wishing well that I've borrowed from a friend really isn't to my tastes at all. Sigh. Thinking about getting a box and covering it with some pretty paper... Or do I just stick with the ugly well? I probably won't notice it on the day any way... Any other ideas?

Chellbell
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:05 am

just wanted to wish all the brides for this weekend all the best - hope everything is perfect.
i have got my professional photo's back and i love them:
here is a few of my fav's

nursekim
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:07 am

OMG Chell you are beautiful!!! :tick: :tick:

miss_donz
♥ Mrs B ♥
♥ Mrs B ♥

Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:55 am

Chell you look stunning babe!!!

Amy our dj is doing our ceremony as well i just wote our crystal clear what i want iv basicly given him a cd in the order everything will go anyway and just wrote isle song no 8. bla bla bla.

we were just going to have a ipod and get a family freind to do it but now we dont have to worry about it.

posh your dress is looking great really suits you!!

kim change the box if you want i changed ours last week, just bought a pretty box from a bargain shop, check out cheap and chips they have HEAPs of pretty boxes.

im surprised im actaully sleeping, it takes me some time to get to sleep but once im asleep im dead, im just not trying to go to bed early so i ly there half the night, but im not really thinking about a whole heap anyway haha!!

funkytwigs
♥ love forever always ♥
♥ love forever always ♥

Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:35 pm

chell the pics are gorgoues. can not wait to see more.

amy - we used an ipod for our ceremony/reception and had Dh brother in charge of pressing the buttons,
we ran thru everything with him a few days before and like miss donz had a sheet with strict instructions and listings
of each song and when it was to be played -

ie. playlist 1 - pre-mingle awaiting the bride music
playlist 2- processional - start when bride arrives at start of ceremony
playlist 3 - signing songs -
etc, etc.

it worked really well - our celebrant did not want to be in charge of music and she had others things to get thru,
like marrying us :D , but we used her Pa system to run the songs thru.

christineann
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:10 am

oh girls!! u all look beautiful! and those who havent had there day! best of luck!! internet time is very limted!! we are in london at the moment.. LOVE london!! did hte london eye today! pretty cool!! cant really upload any pics ill i get backl but if you google thats the shot photography blog.... youll see somme pics that our photographer put up! it was the mot amazing day despite the weather!! and our honeymoon so far has been sooooooo much fun!!

cant wait to get some mor internet time that isnt sooooo expensive to check out ur chow and tells!!

xoxo

FLG

Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:16 am

Oh Chell, those pics are beautiful!

As far as the music goes, yeah I gave the DJ a list with track name, length and comments - I'm hoping he was just confused because he didn't have his glasses and couldn't read it properly! Will ask the celebrant tonight about doing it anyway. I didn't know who else to ask, I had to do the music for my cousin's wedding and it was a bit stressful and I didn't get to really pay attention to/enjoy the ceremony cause I was too focused on getting the music right!

2 sleeps! I can't believe it! And I'm finally getting used to typing with my long nails...

miss_donz
♥ Mrs B ♥
♥ Mrs B ♥

Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:56 pm

christine your photos look great!!! glad your enjoying your honeymoon!!!

2 days eeekkk.

im now waiting for my tan to set, im, waxed teeth whitened, and nails soon!!

poshspice
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:47 pm

I've got tan and nails tonight, massage tomorrow and that's pretty much it. Bring it on!

bugs

Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:49 pm

All the best to the brides getting married this weekend. I had a ball at my weddding. Honestly, don't stress the small stuff. you really don't notice it. I didn't.

Gypsy, I had Kate as my photographer, and she is fantastic. I was slightly concern because of some comments i read on there, but i didnt' need to be. she is great and nothing is too much trouble for her. I felt like i could really relax and enjoy the day because she was taking charge of what is happening.

FLG

Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:34 pm

bugs wrote:

Gypsy, I had Kate as my photographer, and she is fantastic. I was slightly concern because of some comments i read on there, but i didnt' need to be. she is great and nothing is too much trouble for her. I felt like i could really relax and enjoy the day because she was taking charge of what is happening.

Hey thanks bugs! I had a few concerns too but when we met with her this week I forgot all about it. I'm looking forward to seeing her in action! Have you got your online album? I seem to remember her saying she gets that up pretty quick?

We had our rehearsal tonight, I cried! He didn't even read through the ceremony, it was just the walking in and standing facing each other and I lost it! Dammit! The celebrant is going to do the music. Phew!

I can't believe tomorrow is the day before the wedding!!!

nursekim
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:53 am

It's 4:50 am and I can't sleep!! I can get to sleep ok but the last few nights I've been waking and I'm finding it REALLY hard to get back to sleep. :roll: Should I take something to help tonight girls???

Today: I'm getting a pedicure and something done to my nails, probably just a tidy up and a clear coat. Plan on hanging out with my MOH, need to start packing for the honeymoon a bit, and football tonight with dad!!

FLG

Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:10 am

Do you ever take anything for sleeping normally? I took an over the counter sleeping tablet once, I was getting up at 4 for work so I took it at about 8pm, I was screwed the entire next day. Nearly fell asleep driving and by the afternoon had a hangover! So I wouldn't recommend it!

There's a rescue remedy especially for sleeping, maybe that would help?

Chellbell
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:06 am

i probably wouldnt take anything to help u sleep - u dont want to be groggy the next day. try going for a walk before bed to try and tire urself out

funkytwigs
♥ love forever always ♥
♥ love forever always ♥

Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:57 am

definitley do not take anything - especially if your not use to it. I took half a sleeping pill once due to the same problem
and the next day - i was so out of it, also nearly crashed the car on the way to work and stuffed so many things up cause i
could not concentrate. You do not want to feel like that on the wedding day.

my mc actually gave me a good way to get back to sleep. Concentrate on your heart beat or deep breathing, counting
it ( sort of like counting sheep) and then try and slow it down. Next thing your in la la land asleep :D

miss_donz
♥ Mrs B ♥
♥ Mrs B ♥

Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:57 pm

IM OFF GIRLS!! ill see you on the other side!!xx

funkytwigs
♥ love forever always ♥
♥ love forever always ♥

Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:59 pm

good luck - see you after you graduate!!

Good luck to everyone getting married this weekend. Have a great day and be sure to share lots of pics when you
finally back here as a MRS!

bugs

Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:17 pm

Gypsy, yes, she is very quick with her online album. but only 1/4 of the photos are on there. she is going to send them all on disc. We are very happy with it.

where you are going for your photos?

FLG

Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:10 pm

We're going to the national gallery, gpo, parliament house and anything in between!

I'm chilling with my BMs watching father of the bride haha - see you girls when I'm a married woman!

MissyB

Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:44 pm

Hey girls,

First off, congrats to all the girls who got married last weekend and this. Hopefully everything went well for everyone and your day was all you dreamed it would be!

Second, our celebrant is looking after the marriage license request from bdm for us. She will submit the application I've completed with all the signed legal docs from the ceremony. It's easier to do it this was as she already has seen formal id (birth cert's, etc) from dh and I.

Next, I'm married! Our day was simply beautiful. The rain held off until about 30 seconds after we entered our reception. It then rained constantly all night. Our only drama was one of the dj's speakers blew during the reception and didn't have a replacement. Oh well, it mean't everyone was able to talk without yelling! Waiting on our pro pics to come back but here are a few some relatives took on the day.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.25