A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

FLG

Re: March 2010 - Part 3

Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:35 pm

omg I am so exhausted but just wanted to check in quickly! Yesterday was the most perfect day - I can't even explain how perfect it was. I've never been so happy in my life! Everyone was saying it was the best wedding they've been to. I'll do a proper write-up tomorrow and post some photos :)

Autumn2010
Tiger Princess
Tiger Princess

Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:44 pm

Congrats girls! I believe we are all married now!!!!! Can't wait to see more pics - Donna just saw yours on face book - GORGEOUS!!!!!!
I'm still in Fiji but not for much longer. Our trip is being cut short and we head home tomorrow, DH broke his ankle today and has to get surgery! So my advise to every one, make sure you have travel insurance!!!!! So glad i won't go anywhere with out. So no honeymoon for me yet, was ment to start tomorrow when family left.
Got heaps of photos of the Hindu wedding and can't wait to put them up.
Now to continue waiting for our flight details to be emailed. Its 1am :cry:

miss_donz
♥ Mrs B ♥
♥ Mrs B ♥

Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:16 am

ohhh my gosh i just had the best weekend of my life!!

photos in S&T and hall of fame!!!

AMAZING DAY, check out the necklace aaron got me!!! i loved it and think it finished me off perfectly no one thought i hadnt picked it!! i corrected them straight away that aaron bought it for me without knowing.

everyone had an amazing time and also said it was one of the best weddings ever so relaxed and smooth, great food and venue everyone was stoked!!!

roscat
I need a title
I need a title

Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:04 am

Congrats ladies! I look forward to seeing all your photos and hearing about how it went. Glad you had a wonderful day, it's truly an amazing feeling. People are still talking about our wedding 3 weeks later and how fantastic it was. It's so great when everything comes together perfectly. Now you have the honeymoon to look forward to!

I can't believe all us March girls are now done!

Lostsoul201
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:56 pm

Wow this month has gone so quickly!!

Sorry to hear about your DH Autumn, hope he isnt in too much pain!!!

FLG

Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:57 pm

Ouch, hope your DH is okay Autumn! That sucks about your honeymoon :(

Congratulations to all the other last March brides! It's all over :cry:

There's some photos up in my s&t. Man I can't wait for the pro shots!

funkytwigs
♥ love forever always ♥
♥ love forever always ♥

Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:30 pm

CONGRATULATIONS LADIES!!! we are all married.

been peeking in at everyone s & t an dphotos and boy are well all a gorgoues bunch of brides. can not wait to see more
photos of everyones day.

on a sad note however - just looked at my wedding band and it has literally split in half at the base of the band!!
I'm so upset - just called DH and had a whinge and he - do not worry we will take it to the jewellers on thursday to
look at. I'm like - no - call them now and yell at them!!! If it was his band i'm sure he be on the phone
right now and complaining to his sister ( she works for the jewellers). i can not believe after 2 weeks of wear its
split!

FLG

Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:21 am

Hi girls! I'm at the airport waiting to board my flight to Malaysia! Finally! We also got a txt from our photographer tonight with a link to some photos, so we checked them out at a net kiosk - so amazing!!! Hope you're all enjoying your honeymoons and married life xx

Lostsoul201
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:59 pm

Hey Funky

How did you go with your wedding band?? Did they fix it for you??

Enjoy your honeymoon Gypsy!!! Can't wait to see photos!!!

bugs

Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:07 pm

oh i feel bored now that there is nothing to organise..... and when i come on here, no one is chatting anymore :(

funkytwigs
♥ love forever always ♥
♥ love forever always ♥

Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:11 pm

Lostsoul201 wrote:
Hey Funky

How did you go with your wedding band?? Did they fix it for you??

dropped if on thursday ansd showed the jeweller - he thinks it must have split along the joint
when i lifted something heavy and the weight angled in the right spot on the band to cause it to
break. Could not remember lifting anything heavy but then remember i had to help move an oven
in the showroom on monday so might have been that. Anyway - its being repaired and i should hav eit
back again by sunday.

bugs wrote:
oh i feel bored now that there is nothing to organise..... and when i come on here, no one is chatting anymore :(

know how you feel - i come back all the time and its like ghost town - i say we all vow now that no matter what
that even thou we do not have weddings to plan we still drop in for a chat and see how everyone is enjoying married
life. I know we have our pro shots to put up soon, etc but you girls all became like an extended family and i
do not want to miss having a talk now and then.

Lostsoul201
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:44 pm

Yeha i am still stalkin the forum. Nearly every day at the moment, really over work and trying to distract myself from Tafe work a i dont want to do it.

But on good news, under 60 Days til DH and my Honeymoon!

funkytwigs
♥ love forever always ♥
♥ love forever always ♥

Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:41 pm

yeah - 60 days - we on countdown to - 30 days for us - so can not wait.

Got our thank-you cards form vistaprint today - they look awesome and already written out 13 of the 50+ i need to do. Hope if i knock over 10 a night,
i be finished by the end of the weekend.

roscat
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:36 pm

funkytwigs wrote:
yeah - 60 days - we on countdown to - 30 days for us - so can not wait.

Got our thank-you cards form vistaprint today - they look awesome and already written out 13 of the 50+ i need to do. Hope if i knock over 10 a night,
i be finished by the end of the weekend.

Which ones did you get? I'm trying to organise the thank yous but not sure the best/easiest way to to do. 'The photographer is touching up the photo to send us for the thank yous and I'll have to get cracking on it.

I agree we should all drop in here to keep in touch!

funkytwigs
♥ love forever always ♥
♥ love forever always ♥

Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:41 pm

i got two styles - i did the normal postcard size with an uploaded photo and then i also ordered the over-size postcard style which i have folded in half
like a card and have photo on either side plus a thank-you message on the inside. I was not sure that the oversize would work so ordered the standard
postcards as just in case back-ups. No need to worry, the oversized made into cards worked perfect.

funkytwigs
♥ love forever always ♥
♥ love forever always ♥

Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:55 pm

i actually just took some photos of the thank-you cards - what do you think of them?

DSC02873.JPG

the above is the standard vistaprint postcard - double sided - grey scale on the back and in a gloss finish.

below is the oversized postcard that has been folded in half to form a double sided thank-you card as we coulod not pick between the pictures
DPP_0001.JPG
DPP_0002.JPG

we left room on both styles to add our personal note of thanks as well.

roscat
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:44 pm

funkytwigs they are fantastic! i love the photos you have chosen and they lay out is really good.

bugs

Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:15 pm

wow. love those thank you cards. i would have used Vista print too if i was in Melb. but since i am not, i am making e-cards with my wedding photos.

i am using this site
http://www.smilebox.com/

you can either just send it for free - where they have an ad on the side, which you don't really notice. or you can do a 14 day free trial - which then there is no ads. (just remember to cancel before they charge you after 14 days)

what i have done is to personalise them - depending on who i am sending it to, if i have a photo of them from the wedding, then i will include it. more work for me, but i think people will appreciate it.

i agree funky, i hope we can all come back and have a chat. i think we have a really nice group of girls here!!

funkytwigs
♥ love forever always ♥
♥ love forever always ♥

Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:17 am

oh bugs - i love that idea of thank-yous especialy the invidual photos with the friends. I hope you do not mind if i sort of borrow it. I have some lovely shots with some of my closest friends and i might have to add a copy of the photos in the
card as well.

I'm currently trying to put together a parents album on memento - think i come up with the layout but still tweaking it
and also waiting on memento to have a discount sale :D
Was going to get parents thru pro but at $250 each - i rather try myself at half that price and also DH has his heart set
on these new style of albums with acrylic photo covers -looks absolutely fantastic but at $1300 each :o may be out of our budget. Trying to convince him the standard $600 album they do is fine even thou our parents are chipping in half the costs as our wedding present.

bugs

Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:05 pm

of course i dont mind! thats the great thing of sharing ideas here, so others can benefit from them if they think its useful.

speaking of ideas, here is another thing i am looking into. i haven't used them yet, so its not a recommendation as such, but i am planning to use them when i get around to it.

http://www.somersetalbums.com/index.asp

From what i understand, they sell flushmount albums. which from my very limited knowledge is the same type of album that professional photographers sell. where as i think snapfish etc, theirs is more like a photo book where are pages are floppy? sorry, i am no expert on these things.

they seem to be cheaper than a professional album. but i have not looked in to postage, so it might all work out the same.

anyway, hope its helpful for someone.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.46