A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Moderator Team
The Mod Squad
The Mod Squad
Topic Author

March 2011

Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:27 pm

Hi ladies, here's a place to meet up with other March 2011 brides and share your plans and ideas :D

Julez
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: March 2011

Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:31 pm

Hi March 2011 Brides!! Under a year to go now...........how exciting!!!

Anyone else getting married on 5th March 2011? :D
Last edited by Julez on Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

SapphireSunset
2 hearts beating as one
2 hearts beating as one

Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:25 pm

Hey Julez,

How exciting we have our very own little spot teehee :mrgreen:

myself and fh are getting married March 12th 2011 :D

Julez
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:56 pm

The weekend after us!! Can you believe how quick this year is flying by??!! Less than a year away now :-)

Howz your plans going?

SapphireSunset
2 hearts beating as one
2 hearts beating as one

Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:05 pm

I knw huh, the last 2 yrs have flown really Definately no time these days to be bored!

Plans : we have everything booked now except the hotel bus transport for our guests, can't really organise the bus until we have a clearer picture on numbers and what size bus we will need.

Have all the small things to do now including the diy that I wish I had never gotten myself into lol...

How bout your plans???

Julez
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:20 pm

What are you diy'ing?? :-)

have got most things booked...venue, celebrant, limo, accommodation, dj, hair, makeup, photographer....what have I forgotten?? Oh, my dress!! LOL!!! Still looking for a dress! Heading to Melbourne the weekend after Easter to try my luck there! My MOH and both BMs are joining me :-) they're definately dedicated to the task of helping me find my dress!!

Mrs Manco
Lucky in love and life
Lucky in love and life

Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:59 pm

Hi Ladies! :)

So excited about my big day, although I've got so much work to do at the moment that it is one of the last things on my mind. Looking forward to sharing all my ideas and plans with you xx

Julez
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:37 pm

futuremrsmanco wrote:

So excited about my big day, although I've got so much work to do at the moment that it is one of the last things on my mind. Looking forward to sharing all my ideas and plans with you xx

Hi!! What date is your big day?? :D

SapphireSunset
2 hearts beating as one
2 hearts beating as one

Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:23 pm

Julez wrote:

have got most things booked...venue, celebrant, limo, accommodation, dj, hair, makeup, photographer....what have I forgotten?? Oh, my dress!! LOL!!! Still looking for a dress! Heading to Melbourne the weekend after Easter to try my luck there! My MOH and both BMs are joining me :-) they're definately dedicated to the task of helping me find my dress!!

lol can't be forgetting 'THE DRESS' now :mrgreen: your going to have so much fun,I got mine june last yr and everytime I go to mums I just fall in love with it all over again !!!

wish my bms were alot like yours, however I am only having 2 moh has been soooooo fantastic, the other girl I can understand as she has had alot on her plate over the last 12months and is also about to have her 3rd child lol ..

futuremrsmanco wrote:

Heyyy fmm so glad to see you here :P

greensmonster
I need a title
I need a title

Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:23 pm

Hi everyone :mrgreen:

I am not that organised really!! But it's OK kind of..

We have organised:
-venue
-photographer (BIL)
-flower girls dresses
-MUA and hair
-caterers (who will come and cook and serve food on the night and clear up)
-celebrant... sort of - her son has just been diagnosed with cancer, poor thing, so she is totally focused on helping him through chemo atm... I am figuring that will work itself out and I an definitely not going to pressure her

We are DIYing lots of things, including some of the food! Call me crazy! But we love to cook :roll:

My candle making stuff arrived today, so off to do some experimenting

xx

SapphireSunset
2 hearts beating as one
2 hearts beating as one

Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:32 pm

Julez wrote:

Oh you know all the invites, place cards, bubbles, oos ... YES I AM CRAZY I KNOW THAT NOW ! :mrgreen:

Chrystalee
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:53 am

FAAARK!! I just wrote out a whole thing and now its gone!! AARRGG!!!

LOL Sorry!! Hope you dont mind me joining!! Im getting married 19th March

(Going to make it quick so I can go to bed!)

Bub has been keeping me busy! She is walking now so keeps me on my toes!

I have..

*Venue
*Photographer
*Celebrant
*Dress
*Make up and hair (my niece)
*Cake (gran)

Have a few of the little things like candles for the tables, scatters, bomboniere (sp) bags. I mocked up a invite which Im proud of, considering it was in word and I hadnt used it in years!! haha. Id like to do my own S.T.D cards and invites etc. Just not very crafty, so we'll see how that plans out!!
How far in advance do you send the save the dates?? I was thinking Sept, then invites Jan and rsvp Feb.. Does that sound reasonable??

Foodwise we are still unsure.. Am going to call a couple local TAFE's and see if they will hire out their chef students (might be a bit cheaper!!) If not, we will do it ourselves.. Nothing flash just some soups for starters, roast meat and vegies , and then cake for dessert. Still looking into a hall for reception too!

Greens, are you in Perth?? Who are you using to cater if you dnt mind me asking? I was going to use a spitroast mob, but cancelled that. Might look into them again if we decide not to do what i said ^^^. LOL

Its all too hard! Plans should come with the engagement ring!! haha

Hope all is well :)

Mrs Manco
Lucky in love and life
Lucky in love and life

Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:16 pm

Our day is the 19th of March! So Chrystalee and I are wedding twins! YAY!

Should really start a S&T with all the details so far...

Chrystalee
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:26 am

YAY!! How exciting!! I have a twin!! hahaha

Where are you getting married FMM ??

March2011
Almost there
Almost there

Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:16 am

Hi girls!! You have a triplet! I'm getting married on the 19th of March also. I was so excited last week when it was one year to go. We only have two things booked.. Venue and celebrant. Were pretty sure we've decided on the photographer, we just need to meet with them to make sure, and pay a deposit. What colour themes is everyone having?
I'm so glad we have our own forum space now!!
Can't wait to hear everyone elses plans.

rebecca cain

Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:09 am

Hi

Im new to this.... My partner and I get married 26th March 2011... I have one to many bridesmaids lol (6 i did have 7).

We are getting married in the Hunter Valley NSW... Im so looking forward to it...

Chrystalee
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:04 pm

Welcome Rebecca!! Looking forward to hearing more details!!

YAY FOR TRIPLETS!!!!!!!!!! :bdance: haha

I was going to have a purple and white theme, but my dress i got (ebay $120 NEVER WORN!!! SO stunning!!) has a deep red in it, so will be a red and white theme ! I do want to incorporate (i think thats the word hah) some frangipani, as I was going to have these originally, and I got some frangi candles when I first was planning. So hopefully they go nicely with red. I assume I will use roses! I do LOVE carnations more tho, so I might even use them!! Would prefer silk over fresh. Just trying to find some decent ones as Im only having 1 bridesmaid!

What colour are you having M2011?

March2011
Almost there
Almost there

Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:45 pm

That sounds lovely. Were having purple, black and white as our theme. Probably roses too. Originally I wanted a mix of tulips and roses but now I don't know. I've just asked for some material swatches from the online shop I'm getting the bridesmaid dresses from. It looks like a deep purple on the computer, but you never know.
Where is everyone getting married?

rebecca cain

Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:13 pm

Im having a blue white and silver theme... The girls dresses are blue and white and the boys are wearing black suits white shirts and silver ties... I am getting the dresses from america as i have found having such a big bridal party it is going to work out cheaper then buying the dresses in Australia and the dresses are stunning over there...

We are getting married in a small church in Thornton NSW and having our reception at Maitland... My flowers i am getting done by a great friend i went to school with who did her own flowers and is nicely doing mine for me to... Im not having fresh flowers I am having artificial as I have been in previous weddings and have found if it is a windy day all you have is stems and as soon as you put the flowers down they bruise or fall apart... and I would like to keep my flowers rather then throwing them away... Have not decided on flowers yet, but im thinking lillies rather then roses as everyone has roses...

I am pretty organised I have the church, photographer and reception booked.. My make up is getting done by my maid of honour (who is a makeup artist) and my cousins wife (also a makeup artist).

SapphireSunset
2 hearts beating as one
2 hearts beating as one

Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:39 pm

Hey Rebecca sounds like your colour scheme is the same as mine. What actual colour blue are
you having.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.2