A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Abbey_Lou
♥ Mrs Trethowan ♥
♥  Mrs Trethowan ♥

Re: March 2011

Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:11 am

March2011 wrote:
Hi Girls,

I am having a small freak out as our DJ AND Videographer have cancelled on us in the last week, which is great 10 weeks before the date! Does anyone know any good DJ's or Videographer's for the Melbourne Area? Any suggestions would be FANTASTIC!

TIA xx

Oh my gosh that's horrible I feel for you. I would just get on the phone and make a list of anyone that is still available!! Goodluck with it, what an awful stress to have at this point in time. I'm sure it will all sort itself out though!!

I am starting to stress out a bit, it's only 8 weeks away and I still feel like there is so much to do. I have sent all the invites out though and starting to get some RSVP's back so thats good. Still need to get wedding bands though and organise dance lessons!! Cannot believe 2011 is here and March is just around the corner!!!

Cylajen

Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:12 pm

Hi ladies,
I've just become a March bride, the 19th to be exact, as I was previously getting married in October this year, but due to FH and I becoming unexpectedly (but very happily) pregnant, we're moving things up a bit!! :D So, what I had 10 months to do, I now have 10 weeks to do... I'm a little concerned that it's going to end up being such a rush job and so stressful that it'll take the joy out of it, but I have fantastic bridesmaids so fingers crossed!! We're meeting this saturday to try on the dresses and see what alterations are needed, and I'm hoping they can get me to make up my mind on a reception venue. I'm amazed how many are still available with so little time to go!!
So, if anyone has any tips on how to make things fall into place at high speed, I'd be very interested in hearing them!! :D

SmallNads
What You Talking 'Bout Willis?
What You Talking     'Bout Willis?

Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:08 pm

Congratulations on the pregnancy :D I would suggest having your BMs do as much for you as possible. That is the biggest tip for getting things done quickly. Oh yeah, and don't be indecisive like me, choose something and stick with it :lol:

How are all the other March brides going? I still have a fair bit to do, but I think it's under control.

Things I have to do: (off the top of my head, I'm sure there's more)
book the cake - chosen but told to go back there early Feb to order it
buy table runners
organise a stereo for ceremony music (and someone to operate the stereo!)
Pick ceremony music
Organise dress alterations 8O
write our vows, pick readings and send info to celebrant
buy cake topper
print placecards
seating chart
guest book
run sheet for MC
buy more contact lenses

Hmmm.... That's all I can think of at the moment.

YUKI

Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:19 pm

SmallNads it sounds like your on track! I'm finding the music and the run sheets to be quite difficult!

Its so hard to find the time to fit everything in! I have a list of things to do that I carry around with me and I think it gets bigger rather than smaller because I keep adding things to it!

Ok, so 8 (OMG :o ) weeks out.... Here's what I have left to do.

Pick menus with the reception
Give music list / run sheet to the MC
FIND SOMEWHERE that will print my OOS Books... This has been hard.
Buy the chocolates for my bon bons and put them together
Buy a new donna cover for the bed that all the photos will be taken on
Buy perfume / aftershave for us both
Dress alterations
Go see the florist and second guess/stress over the flowers
Find a gift for 1 BM and the parents
Book my tan / nails
Book the rehersal dinner venue
Buy a new Tounge and belly ring :lol:
Buy lingere ( Is that how u spell it??! ) LOL
Buy the contents of my emergency bags
Make FH get his Thailand needles no matter how much he carries on :roll:
Do the seating plan... Dreading that!
Do our speaches
Organise Car ribbons

Ok I think thats it. Now I'm going to stare at the list and have a mini freak out :e_eh:

SmallNads

Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:59 pm

Update to the list above:
table runners purchased online :tick:
dress alterations booked. First appointment this Saturday :tick:

I also had my hair trial tonight and my curls have already dropped due to the humid weather (it's 96% humidity outside 8O )

our DJ rang today to cancel on us!! :evil: But that's ok, FH knows someone who runs a DJ business so he's going to get one of his boys to do it (hopefully). We are waiting on a confirmation call tomorrow. I'm surprisingly not stressing, it will work out in the end :D

Also I'm a little disappointed as I find out yesterday we can't get the Audi A8 anymore :( Its a shame because FH loves Audi's and was lookig forward to it. Anyway we are now getting the BMW. Which is very nice and roomy as we've been I this car before so it's no big deal really.

misshollina
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:36 am

Eeek!! March is become so close! How is everyone coming along? :D

SmallNads

Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:38 am

March is very close! I'm getting married in 7 weeks 8O :D

My dress has been altered. We have also booked a photographer. Bit slow with that but we decided recently that we wanted one and the one we were interested in is available so YAY!!! I have to ring him tomorrow to arrange a time to meet him at our venue and arrange a deposit etc.

I have my dress back all altered :D

We also sent our choice of readings, vows etc to the celebrant the other day so we should have our ceremony emailled back to us shortly to review. I can't wait to read it.

We have also worked on a mock up of the table seating but obviously can't finalise it until we receive all the rsvps back.

Hmmm.... I think that's all. I still have to pick songs for the ceremony, find a stereo to play music through fo the ceremony, find a cake topper, make some hair flowers for my BM, organise shirt and tie for FH and GM, and lots of other things I can't think of right now!

How is everyone else going?

Cylajen

Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:14 pm

Well, slowly but surely I feel I'm making a little headway into the planning. Since we made the decision two weeks ago to move the wedding up, I've :
- booked the church,
- decided on and booked the reception venue,
- booked a hotel room for our wedding night,
- booked the entertainment (Karaoke, yay!!),
- had meetings with cake decorators and decided on the cake design, now just have to choose which decorator,
- planned the reception decorations, just have to decide which company to go with,
- designed and ordered the invites (I think I love Vistaprint...),
- decided with FH on our wedding bands, we wanted plain bands with some design so have decided on our date engraved in Roman Numerals, now we just need to find them,
- had 2 dress fittings for myself and the bridesmaids, and we've decided to save some money by Mum and I altering them ourselves,
- found 'flowergirl' dresses for my nieces who aren't really in the ceremony, but would be devastated to be left out totally,
- organised makeup and hair trials,
- booked a perfume party to try to find the scent I want for the day,
- and found a way to get matching cars for a reasonable price (WHY didn't I think of Avis before???).

As an added bonus, I found out today from the La Reve Perfume rep who had a display at the Burke and Wills Expo that I was lucky enough to win the gift basket! Of course, the slightly cynical side of me wonders if I won because I booked a party... :P Still, never look a gift horse, or basket in this case, in the mouth! :)
SO much stuff still to be done, but writing this list makes me hopeful that if I keep up this pace, maybe it'll all get done. Fingers crossed!!

Jennalee84
I survived and got married

Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:17 am

Can't believe I only have just over 6 weeks to go. 8O :lol: 8O :lol:

I'm feeling quite organised, over the weekend I loaded up my iPod with a couple of hundered songs to play after our band finishes. I bought 2 compilation CD's from BIG W - one called 101 Floorfillers (it has awesome party music from 70's to 00's) and the other called 101 00's Hits. They're an awesome alternative to a DJ!!

I found a new make up artist over the weekend. Amazingly, she's located in the same area as where I'm getting ready and is available. Having a trial either this weekend or next.

My BM's have been busy organising my hens - it is on Feb 26. Not quite sure what they're planning - hopefully something sensible!!

annie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:51 am

eeeek Sat will be 8 weeks to go !!!!!

Stil go to do

Suits
Cake
pick up/pay for rings
Honeymoon
wedding night hotel
buy chocs for bon bons
place cards
seating plan
get my jelwrry from my dress place
Orgainse parking permits for the cars for the church
Confirm will all suppliers eg, times, locations ect
MC run sheet,
Choose music

I think and hope thats all :S

Its my hens next sat and my bridal shower the sunday after ! Im excited!!

happymanda

Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:10 pm

I still have so much organise

annie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:29 am

Quick question those getting married 25,26 & 27 of March in Mlebourne . Since it is Grand Prix weekend, are you having trouble finding wedding night accomindation. ? I called crown towers and they said 3 night min, Langham wants $900 8O

SmallNads

Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:25 am

That's crazy!!! Have you thought of trying some hotels out of the CBD, if that's an option? You may find some a little more willing to accommodate you.

Jennalee84

Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:27 am

Annie - I'm not getting married that weekend, but yes you will have trouble finding accommodation over Grand Prix weekend. Try wotif.com - you should be able find something more affordable on there. Otherwise something out of town might be cheaper.

Good luck!

annie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:32 am

thank you!

I tried The Hotel Windsor on Spring Street, and they're ok priced. $450 (roughly, cant remember exact!!) for king bed, bath and breeki in the morning.

But i will try wotif also :)

SmallNads

Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:33 am

I love the Windsor, it's so regal :D

Abbey_Lou
♥ Mrs Trethowan ♥
♥  Mrs Trethowan ♥

Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:16 pm

SmallNads wrote:
I love the Windsor, it's so regal :D

Me too... that's why I have having my recepion there!! ... lol :lol:

Julez
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:23 pm

OMG!! 38 Days! Where is the time going?? A few more days and we can all say we're getting married next month!!

Jennalee84

Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:36 pm

Julez wrote:
OMG!! 38 Days! Where is the time going?? A few more days and we can all say we're getting married next month!!

Eeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkk!! 8O :mrgreen: 8O :mrgreen:

Julez
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:58 pm

When is everyone having their hens nights?? (if you're having one)

Mine is next weekend!!! 5th Feb, exactly one month before the wedding. I cant wait! We're having an early dinner at a mexican restaurant - yum!! Enchiladas and Tequilla Sunrises!! And thats the only planz I know, will be interesting to see what is in store for me!! I've set strict rules for no strippers - not my thing.

Eeek!! Its getting exciting!!!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.32