A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

misshollina
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: March 2011

Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:33 am

Ah you all seem so more organised than me!

I am not sure about DIY being cheaper Abbie, but it does give you something to do. I did DIY and not I am wishing I just ordered them it would have probably been about $60 more but they took up so much time it would have been worth it.

On another note my Dress should be here any day now (note to self, get off computer and on treadmill), which I cant wait for. :heart:

I also found out that my cousin is training to be a Celebrant and will be finished in time to do our wedding, which we are so happy about as it makes it more personal (lucky I found out four days before I had booked to meet our other lady and pay a deposit). 8O

We also got the sketches in for our wedding cake and they look great, can't wait to see the real thing!

Does anyone know any great shoe stores online? With Little Miss 2, it is so hard to get to the store, and then we are there she is the one that tries all the shoes on! I would love to get a pair of pretty flats for the reception.

I would love to hear how you are all going!! :D :D

Abbey_Lou
♥ Mrs Trethowan ♥
♥  Mrs Trethowan ♥

Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:48 am

misshollina wrote:
Ah you all seem so more organised than me!

I am not sure about DIY being cheaper Abbie, but it does give you something to do. I did DIY and not I am wishing I just ordered them it would have probably been about $60 more but they took up so much time it would have been worth it.

On another note my Dress should be here any day now (note to self, get off computer and on treadmill), which I cant wait for. :heart:

I also found out that my cousin is training to be a Celebrant and will be finished in time to do our wedding, which we are so happy about as it makes it more personal (lucky I found out four days before I had booked to meet our other lady and pay a deposit). 8O

We also got the sketches in for our wedding cake and they look great, can't wait to see the real thing!

Does anyone know any great shoe stores online? With Little Miss 2, it is so hard to get to the store, and then we are there she is the one that tries all the shoes on! I would love to get a pair of pretty flats for the reception.

I would love to hear how you are all going!! :D :D

I'm sure it will all come together for you, I don't think anyone ever feels organised even if they are!! You know what it's like! That's so exciting about your dress, look forward to seeing some piccies!! Yeah, I have now decided I think I will skip the DIY and just order them! I dont think it's going to be that much more but I just think it will be an added stress I dont need at the moment! With regards to online shoe stores I bought my shoes from Cindarella Bella and they were great to deal with, the shoes are really great quality too!!

hannah86

Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:59 pm

Hi brides-to-be :) We're getting married on the 26th of March and although I've been a member on this forum for awhile, I thought I'd finally get chatting a bit more now the wedding date is coming closer!

Today I went to chat to my florist and we finalised the design for centrepieces. I'm so happy with what we've gone with!!
I've emailed my graphic designer friend who is meant to be doing all the invitations/rsvps/wishing well cards/etc.. wondering what she's done since we agreed on the design 3 months ago...
and I've started my new search for hairdressers and makeup artists. My local hairdresser was meant to be doing our hair but they lost my booking and I only found out when I called to double check! So I'm looking for someone more reliable. Also my friend who is a makeup artist and was meant to be doing our makeup hair ignored my last 2 emails! So definately need someone more reliable!
Other than that everything is sorted.. I hope!!

annie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:05 pm

We are getting married the same day Hannah!
Where are you from?

Im looking into flowers soon .

hannah86

Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:16 am

Hi Annie :) I live 20 minutes out of Adelaide.

I just bought our vases for our sand ceremony and really should read the vows our celebrant sent to us awhile ago. I know it'll need changes which I suppose I should get on to.
What is everyone else doing for vows? FH wants to write his but I'm a shy person and have no idea what to write so I dont want to. Our celebrant put together a few ideas and told us to change whatever we like but I'm a bit overwhelmed by it! I know they're important..

Also booked some topiary trees last night to use to decorate the gazebo for the ceremony and am looking for someone who can do some draping on the posts. Graphic designer got back to me and said she was waiting on measurements from me and the "bleed" information from the printers before she doesn anymore.. I didnt even know she wanted me to do that.. could have been finished by now! Ah well.

misshollina
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:47 pm

Abbey_Lou wrote:
I'm sure it will all come together for you, I don't think anyone ever feels organised even if they are!! You know what it's like! That's so exciting about your dress, look forward to seeing some piccies!! Yeah, I have now decided I think I will skip the DIY and just order them! I dont think it's going to be that much more but I just think it will be an added stress I dont need at the moment! With regards to online shoe stores I bought my shoes from Cindarella Bella and they were great to deal with, the shoes are really great quality too!!

Thanks for the Cinderella Bella site!! Love it! :D

michelle1

Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:39 pm

Hi everyone!
I'm new on here, but have been checking it out for a while. I'm getting married on the 18th March in the Hunter Valley (where I'm from) but am currently living in Queensland. Luckily I can do wedding planning in the holidays as I'm a teacher! I've just ordered my dress so I am getting really excited now. Anyway, I look forwatd to hearing all about your ideas and plans. :D

SmallNads
What You Talking 'Bout Willis?
What You Talking     'Bout Willis?

Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:25 pm

Hi michelle1. Yay!! Another March bride. I look forward to seeing your wedding come together :D

CC2011

Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:09 pm

I love how excited I get just by reading things about other brides and weddings and sharing mine!! I love this place!

cathinqld
Super Mummy
Super Mummy

Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:00 pm

Wow almost at the 5 month point...A little update on me we are now up to 35 confirmed guests for our destination wedding in Fiji which I am so excited about really didnt expect that many and still have about 10 saying they are booking soon..Well the flowers have been chosen and I am having a posy style boquet with white and pink frangipani's the cake will be chocolate mud cake just one tier (part of the package) the photographer is all sorted and the wedding rings are on layby.. I am really focusing on loosing some weight to look my best and of course fit into the dress, still have to get a hoop get a bridesmaid dress which I went on my lunch break and had a quick look and most places say 3-4 months delievery so must hurry up on that and basically shoes and suits and then we are done, Im getting very very excited now.

Hope everyone elses plans are going well pretty soon we will all be saying we are getting married this year Woo Hooooo...

misshollina
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:33 am

cathinqld wrote:
Wow almost at the 5 month point...A little update on me we are now up to 35 confirmed guests for our destination wedding in Fiji which I am so excited about really didnt expect that many and still have about 10 saying they are booking soon..Well the flowers have been chosen and I am having a posy style boquet with white and pink frangipani's the cake will be chocolate mud cake just one tier (part of the package) the photographer is all sorted and the wedding rings are on layby.. I am really focusing on loosing some weight to look my best and of course fit into the dress, still have to get a hoop get a bridesmaid dress which I went on my lunch break and had a quick look and most places say 3-4 months delievery so must hurry up on that and basically shoes and suits and then we are done, Im getting very very excited now.

Hope everyone elses plans are going well pretty soon we will all be saying we are getting married this year Woo Hooooo...

This all sounds exciting! Especially the confirmed guests so far!

The pink and white frangipani's sound gorgeous!!

Good luck with it all :D

CC2011

Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:20 pm

Just had to share my excitement somewhere that in 4 mths 27 days it will be here!! And in 5 weeks ill be off to America!! What a busy few months ahead!!! Hope everyone else is just as excited!! xo

blissfully

Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:54 am

Julez wrote:
Well.....I havent done anything wedding related in a few months either!

So.....coming up with have:

Meeting with our celebrant
Designing our rings
Choosing the guys suits
My first dress fitting - Yay! Tho its only the calico fitting so not too exciting
Need to choose table runners and chair bows
MIL is desiginging our invitations and helping me design our centrepieces
Ummmmmmm
Thats all I can think of at the moment!

One other thing we did recently was book a singer/guitarist to play at our ceremony and pre-dinner drinks. We were gonna just play music but think this will be nicer :-)

I cant believe how quickly time is flying by! Its crazy!!!

hey julez, i'm doing some research for my sis, they're struggling to decide if they want a singer for the ceremony or play music from the ipod...
it's going to be a wedding down-south... to me, i think the mood calls for a singer, but where don't even know where to begin!

any ideas??

how did you find yours?

chocci

Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:12 am

greensmonster wrote:
Hi everyone :mrgreen:

I am not that organised really!! But it's OK kind of..

We have organised:
-venue
-photographer (BIL)
-flower girls dresses
-MUA and hair
-caterers (who will come and cook and serve food on the night and clear up)
-celebrant... sort of - her son has just been diagnosed with cancer, poor thing, so she is totally focused on helping him through chemo atm... I am figuring that will work itself out and I an definitely not going to pressure her

We are DIYing lots of things, including some of the food! Call me crazy! But we love to cook :roll:

My candle making stuff arrived today, so off to do some experimenting

xx

Aww that sounds lovely. What are you guys planning to make for your wedding? We love to cook too, but flying back from overseas so thought we better not risk it ... :p

Julez
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:04 am

blissfully wrote:
Julez wrote:
Well.....I havent done anything wedding related in a few months either!

So.....coming up with have:

Meeting with our celebrant
Designing our rings
Choosing the guys suits
My first dress fitting - Yay! Tho its only the calico fitting so not too exciting
Need to choose table runners and chair bows
MIL is desiginging our invitations and helping me design our centrepieces
Ummmmmmm
Thats all I can think of at the moment!

One other thing we did recently was book a singer/guitarist to play at our ceremony and pre-dinner drinks. We were gonna just play music but think this will be nicer :-)

I cant believe how quickly time is flying by! Its crazy!!!

hey julez, i'm doing some research for my sis, they're struggling to decide if they want a singer for the ceremony or play music from the ipod...
it's going to be a wedding down-south... to me, i think the mood calls for a singer, but where don't even know where to begin!

any ideas??

how did you find yours?

We werent actually planning to have a singer and just use an ipod, but we attended a lunch put on by our venue and he was playing there and we really enjoyed his music, so got in contact with him. Good Luck!!

aicato_25

Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:51 pm

Hey everyone!

Even though I've been checking this site out since I got engaged last Sep, I only joined last night because now I am in panic mode.

I'm getting married on March 12, 2011. We started off really well the first few months where we booked the following:

Church: St Monica's Catholic Church, Moonee Ponds
Reception: Leonda by the Yarra, Hawthorn
Photographer: Chateau Photography
Videographer: Burgess Video
Cars: A Touch of Silver
Cake: Kat's Cakes
Entertainment: DJ

And then all the planning came to a complete halt 6 or so months ago...

Last week, my FH and I went looking for their suits and found some really nice ones at Formal Red so that's sorted.

But I'm freaking out coz:

1. I don't have a dress
I was counting on a dressmaker to make me the Lambel gown from the La Sposa range but she's giving me attitude so I don't want to deal with her anymore coz it's quite upsetting really! I just came across bridalgown.net which has received alot of good reviews on this site but I think it's too late - I emailed them yesterday but I haven't heard back! So I think I might just have to buy off the rack which I wasn't planning on :(

2. All of my bridesmaids are overseas
So I don't have anyone to help but I am thankful that my FH has been very supportive. Plus I don't know what I'm going to do about their dresses.

3. DIY invites & Bonbonierres
What was I thinking? I don't mind doing them but finding the time has been difficult coz I'm working 2 jobs! We wanted to have the invites sent out by now coz all of my FH's family are either interstate or overseas. And the bonbonierres that we got, I don't think I like them anymore.

4. We have to find a new priest
Ours was relocated to a parish on the other side of town, almost 2 hours away! He preferred we find someone else to do it as he doesn't recommend the drive for our regular pre-marriage counselling course.

5. And we haven't had a chance to book our honeymoon. We've got a return flight but not a departing one! lol

... I'm sure there's so many other things I need to do but these are the main one I can think of.

Sorry this has turned out to be an essay. I just needed to vent. Any recommendations you girls have would be greatly appreciated!

Abbey_Lou
♥ Mrs Trethowan ♥
♥  Mrs Trethowan ♥

Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:26 am

Hi Aicato!!
Wow you sound stressed!! Don't worry you still have a fair bit of time to ger organised!! At least you have the main things booked, I JUST REALISED, we are using Chateau photography AND Burgess Video as well the weekend before you, on the 5th of March hehe!!! :lol: How fantastic is Warrick!!! Look forward to comparing photos with you!
I woudl start off by making some appointments to go and try on dresses!! You can get some bargains and there is so much out there! Definitely start off doing that, if you have no luck go from there, but I too was gong to get my dress made and them ended up buying from a boutique which saved me so much stress and time!!
Maybe just dedicate a few days, make a list of everything you want done NOW and just work through the list!! You will be fine though, 4 months is ages, it always falls into place!! Goodluck with it all :heart:

annie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:16 am

So mini heart attack going on here
We have just started orgainising the invites for march 26 wedding.. We PLAN to send them out just after xmas.. Do you girls think ill have enough time ?? The invite company only print the details, we add the names and have to add some ribbon on it so shouldnt take too long to do that ..

eeekkk also gotta orgainse cake, bombonaries, rings, suits & mine and the girls accesories

Am im behind ?

soni@
♥ Mrs Went ♥
♥ Mrs Went ♥

Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:19 pm

aicato_25 wrote:
Hey everyone!

Even though I've been checking this site out since I got engaged last Sep, I only joined last night because now I am in panic mode.

I'm getting married on March 12, 2011. We started off really well the first few months where we booked the following:

Church: St Monica's Catholic Church, Moonee Ponds
Reception: Leonda by the Yarra, Hawthorn
Photographer: Chateau Photography
Videographer: Burgess Video
Cars: A Touch of Silver
Cake: Kat's Cakes
Entertainment: DJ

And then all the planning came to a complete halt 6 or so months ago...

Last week, my FH and I went looking for their suits and found some really nice ones at Formal Red so that's sorted.

But I'm freaking out coz:

1. I don't have a dress
I was counting on a dressmaker to make me the Lambel gown from the La Sposa range but she's giving me attitude so I don't want to deal with her anymore coz it's quite upsetting really! I just came across bridalgown.net which has received alot of good reviews on this site but I think it's too late - I emailed them yesterday but I haven't heard back! So I think I might just have to buy off the rack which I wasn't planning on :(

2. All of my bridesmaids are overseas
So I don't have anyone to help but I am thankful that my FH has been very supportive. Plus I don't know what I'm going to do about their dresses.

3. DIY invites & Bonbonierres
What was I thinking? I don't mind doing them but finding the time has been difficult coz I'm working 2 jobs! We wanted to have the invites sent out by now coz all of my FH's family are either interstate or overseas. And the bonbonierres that we got, I don't think I like them anymore.

4. We have to find a new priest
Ours was relocated to a parish on the other side of town, almost 2 hours away! He preferred we find someone else to do it as he doesn't recommend the drive for our regular pre-marriage counselling course.

5. And we haven't had a chance to book our honeymoon. We've got a return flight but not a departing one! lol

... I'm sure there's so many other things I need to do but these are the main one I can think of.

Sorry this has turned out to be an essay. I just needed to vent. Any recommendations you girls have would be greatly appreciated!

Hi aicato_25

I'm getting married at Leonda' too! but ours is March 27th

Try not to stress too much..you have plenty of time for most the things you're doing..I still havent got BM dresses, organised flowers, videographer, cars, hair/makeup..But just remember that it will all work out because it has too!! :D

Just a thought!!!If you haven't found a dress yet, Izaro Couture are closing down :( end of Nov and they are having a massive sale tomorrow and sat 6th on all their sample dresses/vails/jewellery!!! I ordered my dress from them months ago as it is going to be custom made, but if I had known about them closing down I prob would have bought the sample of my dress and altered it...but I'm still happy :D

soni@
♥ Mrs Went ♥
♥ Mrs Went ♥

Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:23 pm

annie wrote:
So mini heart attack going on here
We have just started orgainising the invites for march 26 wedding.. We PLAN to send them out just after xmas.. Do you girls think ill have enough time ?? The invite company only print the details, we add the names and have to add some ribbon on it so shouldnt take too long to do that ..

eeekkk also gotta orgainse cake, bombonaries, rings, suits & mine and the girls accesories

Am im behind ?

Dont think you're behind at all annie!! my weddings on the 27th and I havent even chosen an invite design 8O I think after xmas is a perfect time to send them :D
GZIP: On | Load: 0.38