A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Nellienova

Re: March 2011

Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:44 pm

Edit
Last edited by Nellienova on Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CC2011

Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:18 am

Well im super excited because 3 weeks today and Ill be on my way to america with Fh! Then when we get back there are only 10 weeks left!

Julez
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:54 pm

Holy Crap!!! I cant believe how quickly this year is flying by!!! 107 days to go until our big day - that really doesnt sound like long. And under 4 months - Eek!!

Plans were on hold for a while but seem to have kicked into gear again......so much to think about! I jot everything down on a note pad so I dont forget anything.

I picked up our wedding rings today and I love them! I just want to wear it now! :lol:

I found out the other day my dress fitting (i'm getting my dress made) is on 15th January - I cant wait!!! I hope it looks good, its hard not really knowing what the end result is going to be.

Howz everyone's planz going???

misshollina
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:03 pm

Hi Girls :D

It seems to be getting alot closer! 3 months and 3 weeks for me (12th Of march)

We got our wedding last week and they are gorgeous! :heart:

We also have our venue, flowers, band, catering (I'm doing this myself as I'm a chef...eek!!), celebrant, cars, photographer, brides maids dresses, my dress and grooms men booked!! There are just the little fiddly things left, invites go out next month so I cant wait to see what the final numbers will be!!

How is everyone else going?
:D :D

Jennalee84
I survived and got married

Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:06 pm

I've done about the same as you holl - just the fiddly things to go. I'm dying to see artwork for my invites this week!

These are the big things I still need to do - find an MC or determine whether the band can do it, write vows and sort out the ceremony AND write a running sheet for the reception.

Scary..... but exciting 8O

SmallNads
What You Talking 'Bout Willis?
What You Talking     'Bout Willis?

Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:51 pm

I have sooo much to do 8O I can't decide on flowers. I'm finding it hard to find flowers to match my dress colour - it's like a pale pink champagne colour. Gorgeous colour but a nightmare to try and find flowers that 1. match 2. are in season in March :roll: If you can be bothered, have a look in my s&t and let me know if you can think of anything!

I still have to organise:
men's suits,
flowers, (no idea on this one!!)
makeup, (thinking of asking a girl from work to do this for me)
hair, (girl from work may be able to do this too, or I'll ask my regular hairdresser)
centrepieces, (think i've finally made my mind up. I may go with a company i've seen if it's not too expensive)
cake topper, (will order from etsy. I'm still trying to convince FH that we NEED the dogs on there too!)
cake, (we know what we want but can't order it until early February)
choose music, (completely stuck on this!)
make placecards, (know what we want, waiting until January to order the cardstock)
write ceremony/vows,
guestbook,
run sheet for MC

- GEEZ, that's A LOT to do still 8O

I'll be starting to make the invitations this week. I have all the cardstock and supplies I just need to print them out and assemble them all. Shouldn't take too long as I have under 30 of them to make.

CC2011

Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:59 pm

Getting very excited now!!! We pretty much have everything sorted, and our invitations are arriving this week before we head off on our big trip to America on Saturday. I wanted to have most wedding things orgainsed so I didnt stress on the trip or when we return. I have booked all my hair & make up trials, dress fittings and suit fittings for January when we return, along with sorting out the ceremony with the priest. I have the draft of the OOS done and all the bows/ribbons ready made so just have to add specific things (like readings) in there, print and assemble them. We also have all our individual poems & personal greetings written and lace attached, so we just need to fold them around our cherry ripes and guitar picks closer to the date. We are having a bridesmaids day and doing all these fiddley things in February!! Rings are picked although not ordered as we may end up getting them in New York :) Will order in first week of January if we dont. So pretty much all under control... everything has gone so smoothly, I just hope nothing crops up last minute! Although with all my checklists and double checklists it better not!!!

So exciting!!!!!! I love hearing how everyone else is going also!

YUKI

Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:25 pm

Hi Ladies,

I hope everyones plans are going well! I've sure been busy busy busy!

Alls that is left to do is:

Mail invites
Get OOS books printed
Write a speach
Hair trial
Get the boys cuff links
Get the gifts

And we're just about set!! Getting very very excited!! But starting to struggle to sleep at night thinking about it :roll:

misshollina
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:40 pm

YUKI wrote:
Hi Ladies,

I hope everyones plans are going well! I've sure been busy busy busy!

Alls that is left to do is:

Mail invites
Get OOS books printed
Write a speach
Hair trial
Get the boys cuff links
Get the gifts

And we're just about set!! Getting very very excited!! But starting to struggle to sleep at night thinking about it :roll:

You shouldn't be worried at all... you have a very short list of things to do!! :D

My list is alot longer 8O I had better start ticking things off!!

SmallNads
What You Talking 'Bout Willis?
What You Talking     'Bout Willis?

Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:45 am

Finishing making my invites :D I will be sending them out this week :bdance:

Jennalee84

Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:14 am

SmallNads wrote:
Finishing making my invites :D I will be sending them out this week :bdance:

That's fantastic - I'm still waiting for mine to arrive. I really want to send them out by the end of next week, fingers crossed they're not far away.

SapphireSunset
2 hearts beating as one
2 hearts beating as one

Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:23 pm

We sent out our invites at the begining of november and have had 45 ppl rsvp yes so far !!! Mum is like a little kid again standing by the post box when the posty comes by on his bike and get so excited.

Tomorrow I have my 1st dress fitting .... I am Soooooooooooooooooooooooo excited !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bdance:

Pleaseeee :e_pray: still fit :lol:

Our to do list is still long and I had my first meltdown at fh the other day as I am sick of hearing what others want .. um hello this is mine and fh's day not yours ...

Abbey_Lou
♥ Mrs Trethowan ♥
♥  Mrs Trethowan ♥

Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:27 pm

SapphireSunset wrote:
We sent out our invites at the begining of november and have had 45 ppl rsvp yes so far !!! Mum is like a little kid again standing by the post box when the posty comes by on his bike and get so excited.

Tomorrow I have my 1st dress fitting .... I am Soooooooooooooooooooooooo excited !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bdance:

Pleaseeee :e_pray: still fit :lol:

Our to do list is still long and I had my first meltdown at fh the other day as I am sick of hearing what others want .. um hello this is mine and fh's day not yours ...

Ahhhh first dress fitting!!! EXCITING!!! Can't wait to hear how it goes!!
I am feeling semi organised. We had our first meeting with the priest last week and that went really well. Father Stan is fantastic and we are alowed to have so much say in how the ceremony is run which suprised me as we are having a full catholic mass. He gave me 5 order of service samples to take home and pretty much told me to have a go and writing our ceremony and we will meet with him again in about a month to go over it!! So I have started drafting the OOS!!! It's nice choosing the readings etc!!!

Apart from that we are sending out the invites this week some time. I emailed all our vendors such as photographer etc last week just to confirm and make bookings for next year..... now I'm nto sure what to do next....??? :lol:

Jennalee84

Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:18 pm

Good luck with the dress fitting Sapphire - looking forward to some pics :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Also feeling pretty good with all the planning, although I haven't really got a list going - so I may not have even thought about a million things. Argh!!

Still waiting for my invites to turn up - which may not be till next week as they're coming from the US which is annoying :(

Mrs Manco
Lucky in love and life
Lucky in love and life

Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:37 am

So things I still have to do are:

Print and finalise invites
Find cars
Book DJ
Order BM dresses
Pay for cake topper
Book cupcakes
Buy orchids for centrepieces
Find bridal shoes
Pay for rings
Make veil
Spray birdcage and decorate
Speak to friend about flowers
Order silk buttonholes for FH, BM and GM
Order silk orchid for BM hair
Make seating chart
Fix hoop (ordered one from ebay that is ALL NYLON! YUCK! going to use hoop and sew on my own cotton skirt ahhhh..

I'm a bit worried that I've got heaps to do! But it will all be ok. More difficult things have been done before :)

annie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:32 am

Ekkk im stressing now!! Everyone seems orgainsied

I still have

Write names on invites
Send invites
Get rings
Get cake
Get suits
Get my shoes and accessories (can be done with the xmas sales)
girls accessories (also can be done with xmas sales)

Then when we get the repleis back its the

place cards
putting stickers on the bombonaires
Seating plan

misshollina
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:52 am

Wow you all seem like your on track! It is all a bit overwhelming and I sure was happy to finalise and send out the invites yesterday as its a weight off my mind.

We still have to:

Organise groom and grooms men's suits
Make sure bridesmaids are on track with finding dresses and shoes
Organise hair, nail, tanning and waxing appointments
Write vows and speeches
Write menu
Order laterns
Find Jnr Brides maids presents... (Ideas would be so great please!!! :D )
Choose cake flavours

So manly small things left, but things they need to be done soon or else I will over look them!

Hope your all on track :D :D

SapphireSunset
2 hearts beating as one
2 hearts beating as one

Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:42 pm

I dnt even want to think about the things I still have to do, I feel queezy thiinking about it lol ...

BUT today I had my 1st dress fitting and while I had left there feeling anxious I think it will be ok in the end. Turns out my dress is too big 8O mainly upper bust and hips, so I need it taken in, cups put in and am having a french under bustle as aposed to a normal bustle. I have too much detail on my train to even want to hide it and a normal bustle would distroy the viewing of detail. Im mainly feeling anxious as she has to take it in and dnt want her to take too much where it wont fit in 3 months time .. but she has assured me aswell as my mum and bm that it will fit cos my corset was tied up so much that I had no more room to pull it tighter and it's a size 8 :|

My next fitting is on the 18th of Jan, I absolutely loved it on though and when it was lifted ... looked AMAZING !!!!!!!!!!! :heart:

Mrs Manco
Lucky in love and life
Lucky in love and life

Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:40 am

Do we get to see pics?? I'm not sure which bustle to go with for my dress.. Would love to see what yours looks like.

March2011
Almost there
Almost there

Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:30 am

Hi Girls,

I am having a small freak out as our DJ AND Videographer have cancelled on us in the last week, which is great 10 weeks before the date! Does anyone know any good DJ's or Videographer's for the Melbourne Area? Any suggestions would be FANTASTIC!

TIA xx
GZIP: On | Load: 0.37