A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

SmallNads
What You Talking 'Bout Willis?
What You Talking     'Bout Willis?

Re: March 2011

Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:41 pm

I love Mexican food :D

I won't be having a hens night. We MIGHT have a combined hens/bucks if we can think of anything worth doing.

Jennalee84
I survived and got married

Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:07 pm

Julez wrote:
When is everyone having their hens nights?? (if you're having one)

Mine is next weekend!!! 5th Feb, exactly one month before the wedding. I cant wait! We're having an early dinner at a mexican restaurant - yum!! Enchiladas and Tequilla Sunrises!! And thats the only planz I know, will be interesting to see what is in store for me!! I've set strict rules for no strippers - not my thing.

Eeek!! Its getting exciting!!!

Mine is on Feb 26. The bm's are organizing the whole thing. First we're having high tea somewhere, then going to a bar for cocktail making. Hopefully we'll also go somewhere for dumplings for dinner. It should be lots of fun!! And my sister is even organizing chaffuer cars for us.

Definitely no strippers for me either, or pen!s straws - totally not my thing!!

Has anyone invited girls to the hens that aren't invited to the wedding? I have, but don't know if I should have??

Julez
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:12 pm

Jennalee84 wrote:
Julez wrote:

Mine is next weekend!!! 5th Feb, exactly one month before the wedding. I cant wait! We're having an early dinner at a mexican restaurant - yum!! Enchiladas and Tequilla Sunrises!! And thats the only planz I know, will be interesting to see what is in store for me!! I've set strict rules for no strippers - not my thing.

Mine is on Feb 26. The bm's are organizing the whole thing. First we're having high tea somewhere, then going to a bar for cocktail making. Hopefully we'll also go somewhere for dumplings for dinner. It should be lots of fun!! And my sister is even organizing chaffuer cars for us.

Has anyone invited girls to the hens that aren't invited to the wedding? I have, but don't know if I should have??

I've invited quite a few girls to my hens that arent invited to the wedding. I think they all understand that weddings are expensive and although I would have loved to invite everyone, its just not possible. But they're super excited to be coming to the hens night :-)

Jennalee84

Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:18 pm

^^ I think most of the girls I've invited are realty happy to be coming to the hens too. If anything, they'd probably have more fun at the hens than the wedding, as they love going out and hitting the bars!!

Julez
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:22 pm

Jennalee84 wrote:
^^ I think most of the girls I've invited are realty happy to be coming to the hens too. If anything, they'd probably have more fun at the hens than the wedding, as they love going out and hitting the bars!!

Its all good then!!! :D

Far out, I'm trying my best to study at the moment and my brain just wont concentrate. Its driving me mad!!

soni@
♥ Mrs Went ♥
♥ Mrs Went ♥

Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:12 pm

Jennalee84 wrote:
Julez wrote:

Mine is on the weekend of 11th till 14th of Feb...the girls have organised everything and its meant to be a surprise for me!! I have absolutely no clue what they have planned 8O 8O ...the only thing I was told was to take the Friday 11th and Monday 14th off as it's going to be the whole weekend....FH's is on the same weekend and his is a surprise for him too! I know all about his but not mine..no one will say anything..but I'm super excited!!

soni@
♥ Mrs Went ♥
♥ Mrs Went ♥

Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:13 pm

:tick: not my thing either!

SapphireSunset
2 hearts beating as one
2 hearts beating as one

Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:20 pm

I wont be having a hens night either .. not out of choice but more so because A. my moh hasn't seemed interested in wanting to organise one for me and to be honest I do not have time to organise my own and B. when I did attmept to organise something, which at 1st in the city, everyone said that they wouldn't go if it was there so meh who cares right its only my hens night .. so I booked something local ( I so didnt want somethng local ) but when I sent out a msg asking for confirmations no one replied bar 3 ppl so I cancelled it .. i dnt know if im more dissapointed or angry :(

My other bridesmaid has been absolutely awesome though and has insisted we do something even if it is myself and her so I think we are going into the city next weekend for the day.

FH's bucks night is on Feb 19th and he's really looking forward to it :)

annie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:07 am

Mine is Feb 5th. We are going to a Turkish resturant at the docklands with belly dancing and then back to mine for dinks and movies!

FH isnt really having one. Prop a week before just have a few guys over for a bbq and watch the nab cup. He is spewing that collingwood play round one on our wedding day. lol

Jennalee84

Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:21 pm

I forgot to mention FH's bucks...

His GM's have organised for his closest mates to have a weekend away at Barwon Heads. They're playing golf, going fishing and of course, drinking. His one request was no strippers and no skydiving! It's the weekend before my hens.

Cylajen

Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:35 pm

SapphireSunset wrote:
I wont be having a hens night either .. not out of choice but more so because A. my moh hasn't seemed interested in wanting to organise one for me and to be honest I do not have time to organise my own and B. when I did attmept to organise something, which at 1st in the city, everyone said that they wouldn't go if it was there so meh who cares right its only my hens night .. so I booked something local ( I so didnt want somethng local ) but when I sent out a msg asking for confirmations no one replied bar 3 ppl so I cancelled it .. i dnt know if im more dissapointed or angry :(

My other bridesmaid has been absolutely awesome though and has insisted we do something even if it is myself and her so I think we are going into the city next weekend for the day.

FH's bucks night is on Feb 19th and he's really looking forward to it :)

SapphireSunset, that must be so frustrating for you! I count myself really luck to have a great MOH who's planned something (won't tell me what no matter how much I ask...). I would be very upset if I were in your situation. Perhaps you can talk to your MOH and let her know you'd like a hens night? If not, just focus on the positive, and enjoy your day in the city with your other BM. :)

Abbey_Lou
♥ Mrs Trethowan ♥
♥  Mrs Trethowan ♥

Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:42 am

Cylajen wrote:
SapphireSunset, that must be so frustrating for you! I count myself really luck to have a great MOH who's planned something (won't tell me what no matter how much I ask...). I would be very upset if I were in your situation. Perhaps you can talk to your MOH and let her know you'd like a hens night? If not, just focus on the positive, and enjoy your day in the city with your other BM.

I agree Kel, that's so slack!! Organising the Hens is one of the MOH's biggest roles, I'd be pi$$ed off about her being so slack with that!! You shouldn't have to organise your own hens!!

My Hens is next weekend, I am sooooo excited!! Hoping the weather isa good for the cruise!! Can't believe I will be at the one month countdown this week, OMG time is flying!!! Getting so excited it actually feels like it's really here already!! :D

misshollina
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:03 pm

A Cruise sounds like a fun idea!! :D

My Hens is on the 15th-17th of Feb, in the middle of the week, a few girls and I are going to Melbourne for a spa and shopping couple of days. Nice!! :heart:

SapphireSunset That sucks that your MOH is not doing anything, I don't have a MOH (just three Bridesmaids) so I organised it my hens myself, you should do something, it doesn't have to be huge, it could just be a lunch with a few girls. :D :D

SmallNads
What You Talking 'Bout Willis?
What You Talking     'Bout Willis?

Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:12 am

We are getting married NEXT month :D

soni@
♥ Mrs Went ♥
♥ Mrs Went ♥

Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:13 am

SmallNads wrote:

When I read this I got butterflies! Cant believe how quick it's come round :lol:

Abbey_Lou
♥ Mrs Trethowan ♥
♥  Mrs Trethowan ♥

Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:15 am

soni@ wrote:
SmallNads wrote:

When I read this I got butterflies! Cant believe how quick it's come round :lol:

OMG!!!!! This is seriously CRAZY!!!! I am sooo nervous now!!!

Jennalee84

Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:25 am

Abbey_Lou wrote:
soni@ wrote:
SmallNads wrote:

OMG!!!!! This is seriously CRAZY!!!! I am sooo nervous now!!!

Oh goodness!! Now you've made me nervous!!! :lol: 8O :lol:

How exciting - NEXT MONTH

Abbey_Lou
♥ Mrs Trethowan ♥
♥  Mrs Trethowan ♥

Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:35 am

Yep I'm on the 30 day mark!! whoa.... 4 weeks on Saturday! Holy cr@p it's almost there!! Are all the March brides feeling organised?? I have spend the last 3 days at my parents house, I get so much more done with them around to help and mum to cook me dinner and do my washing!! LOL :lol:

Julez
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:07 am

I'm feeling pretty organised, we one thing we havent done yet is meet with the DJ/MC. Other than that its mainly the fun job of paying for everything!

Hens night is in a few days time! Cant wait :D

db_bride

Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:54 pm

hi ladies - this is the first time I've posted on this thread but I have to admit to checking in a couple of times to see if I am on schedule with what everyone else is doing over the past 6 months!!

Our wedding date is 11th March and I have to admit to feeling a bit panicked 37 days out (and counting :lol: ) Can anyone tell me how they are planning on paying their suppliers i.e. before the day or by cheque on the day? I cannot believe how quickly the day has come around and I feel like I organised all the big stuff at the beginning but I have a million and one little things to do now. As much as I want the big day to come around I want time to slow down a bit so I can make sure everything is sorted and I have a little more time to shed a couple of kilos and start doing these arm excersises I kept putting off over Christmas (by the way how the hell did February fly around so quickly? 8O )

Hope everyone's planning is going smoothly and your funds are still stretching!!!

x
GZIP: On | Load: 0.1