A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

soni@
♥ Mrs Went ♥
♥ Mrs Went ♥

Re: March 2011

Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:29 pm

Hi db_bride! sounds like you are quite organised...the little things shouldn't take that long to get done (hopefully :lol: ), we're planning on paying cash on the day for hair/makeup and videography...but for everything else we have to prepay it before the wedding day (otherwise we wont get it!! 8O )..My wedding day is on thr 27th but we're having another smaller ceremony on the 13th..and I've got still got soooo much to do.

FH and I were feeling really overwhelmed last night with all the payments that are coming up and still scratching our heads about how best to sort it all out :lol:
But I said to him, even if it means we get ourselves into a little bit of debt...we'll just set a budget after the wedding and really be strict in sticking to it (so no more impulse shoe purchases for me until the debts all finished :cry: )

SmallNads
What You Talking 'Bout Willis?
What You Talking     'Bout Willis?

Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:38 pm

No more shoe purchases 8O That's HORRIBLE :lol: I haven't been able to impulse buy shoes in months and it's killing me. I'm 'window shopping' for shoes all the time online :( It's torture!

I don't feel organised! There are still so many things for me to do ie. cake, choose songs, buying small things like nailpolish, lashes, bracelet, contact lenses, make placecards and seating chart, get shirt and ties for FH and BM etc.

It will all come together in the end. My weekends will be filled with wedding shopping and making things.

Abbey_Lou
♥ Mrs Trethowan ♥
♥  Mrs Trethowan ♥

Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:35 pm

AHH I am feeling SOOO organised. I was stressing myself to tears last week on the phone to mum and she told me to come and spend a few days with her (also because me and FH have been at each other so much) so I have been here since Sunday and OMG I feel so so so much better!! I feel completely on top of everything I don't even know what else I have to do and I still have a month to go. Mum has dedicated the whole 5 days to helping me and she has managed to make some gorgeous DIY things! We have achieved the following...:
1: Ring Pillow MADE
2: Flower girl basket MADE
3: Mens ties/shoes purchased
4: All last appointments with vendors booked and confirmed
5: Dance lessons booked
6: Placecards finished
7: seating chart finished
8: All beauty appointments booked
9: Unity candle MADE
10: Favor boxes covered with ribbon and chocolates for inside ordered and being sent
11: Cameras for tables (disposable) ordered off ebay
12: Mens personalised socks bought
13: Girls personalised robes done
14: Finalised music for reception and ceremony
15: Order of Service booklets printed and made
16: Junior Bridesmaid dress MADE
17: emergency bag done and items all purchased
18: Lace covered votive candles for tables finished

Aaaand I think thats all... pretty happy with that effort for 4 days !! I seriously can't believe how much my mum has helped me with everything!! Feeling so much better... dreading all the last appointments with vendors but I suppose it needs to be done!! Can't wait for HENS next weekend though!!
Hows everyone else's plans coming along??

annie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:15 am

Good Work Abby

Well i still have a bit to do!!

1) Confirm all suplliers
2) Orgainise hiring gm suits
3) Get girls bracelets from Diva
4) Orgianse my jewlrerry (just get it from were im getting my dress. So thats easy done)
5) Get my wedding night lingre
6) Seating Plan
7) Place cards
8) Choose music for our first dance ,ect... And music for the wedding vidoe

Nellienova

Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:36 pm

Is anyone else having mini heart attacks on occasions? hahahaha ...

Jennalee84
I survived and got married
I survived and got married

Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:52 pm

Nellienova wrote:

YES!!! I have so much to do - all little things, but there's still alot. Plus I'm really worried I've forgotten something.... :( 8O

annie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:00 pm

Jennalee84 wrote:
Nellienova wrote:

YES!!! I have so much to do - all little things, but there's still alot. Plus I'm really worried I've forgotten something.... :( 8O

me too :e_think:

Abbey_Lou
♥ Mrs Trethowan ♥
♥  Mrs Trethowan ♥

Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:13 pm

Nellienova wrote:

Haha yep cos I keep remembering things I have not yet thought about! BUT, I did type up a checklist for the day to give to everyone and another checklist for the boys and a sheet for all the things I have to remember (that I made from reading the thread "I wish someone had told me.... before my wedding day"... so am feeling a little better!!!

soni@
♥ Mrs Went ♥
♥ Mrs Went ♥

Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:07 pm

Nellienova wrote:

I definitely am!! I express posted some round 2 invites to Sydney LAST Thursday, thinking they would be "guaranteed" delivery the next day...but they didnt get there till 5pm TODAY!! I thought they had lost them and was calling my sister every 5 mins today to check if it had gotten there..so frustrating! apart from that..there a million and one small things to do and its driving me crazy! I cant concentrate at work anymore lol :lol:

db_bride

Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:09 am

soni@ wrote:
sounds like you are quite organised...the little things shouldn't take that long to get done (hopefully :lol: ), we're planning on paying cash on the day for hair/makeup and videography...but for everything else we have to prepay it before the wedding day (otherwise we wont get it!! 8O )..My wedding day is on thr 27th but we're having another smaller ceremony on the 13th..and I've got still got soooo much to do.

FH and I were feeling really overwhelmed last night with all the payments that are coming up and still scratching our heads about how best to sort it all out :lol:
But I said to him, even if it means we get ourselves into a little bit of debt...we'll just set a budget after the wedding and really be strict in sticking to it (so no more impulse shoe purchases for me until the debts all finished :cry: )

Thanks heaps :) Yeah hair and makeup were things I thought would be pay on the day too but also wasn't sure about the celebrant but I might pay her before so it's all covered.

FH and I were going to organise an emergency credit card but I haven't got around to doing it so might do that this week to be on the safe side as you never know what will happen that requires extra funds last minute!!!

I don't feel too organised I keep making lists that make me realise I keep forgetting things. One of my BM has got back finally from overseas trip so we can now get dresses for the BM's (cutting it fine!).

My main stress atm is that my dress has still not arrived from overseas where it was being made - it was shipped a week and a half ago but still no call from the bridal store eek! Oh and I need to confirm with some of my suppliers including the florist who needs my final plan for the day (she's doing all the chairs etc as well) but I'm feeling indecisive (not my normal demeanor!) I need to bite the bullet and give her the run down. I just don't want to screw up colour choices etc

Can not believe one little wedding has sent me in to such a spin!!! I hope the motivation keeps up long enough to get everything done! Abbey_Lou I wish I could do what you did with your mum but my mum & I have been struggling with each other lately despite being super close I feel like we are on different planets when it comes to this wedding!

Good luck to all the March brides and hope all your hens nights coming up are wonderful!
:D

p.s have any of you ladies experienced the same as we have with their rsvp's: we've only got through a couple of rsvp's despite the rsvp date only a couple of days away??? (and we did the self addresses envelope deal to make it super easy)

happyj

Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:53 pm

Yes, so frustrated at RSVP's! We had self addressed envelopes, and got less than 10 back! And then you try to contact them to see if they're coming and you can't get onto them! :evil: Or they say they will come (it's a destination wedding), and I think they are just saying that and won't come and we will end up wasting a tonne of money. Grr, this is the only drama I've had with wedding planning and it pisses me off that people don't realise or don't care that money will be wasted!

I feel better now :oops:

db_bride

Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:06 pm

happyj wrote:
I feel better now :oops:

It's amazing how much better you feel after you vent your frustrations to a) people who get it because they are going through the same things and b) are not going to take offense or relay on to someone else who'll take offense!!! The anonymity is lovely seeing as everything I say lately to friends & family is taken the wrong way!!

We havent got to the point of chasing up people yet but I can imagine it will be a little bit awkward when we do - I don't want it to come across like we are appealling to people to come to our wedding I just want to know either way so we can confirm numbers with suppliers, not waste money, strat discussing seating arrangements etc. As you said you don't want a vague "yeah sure we'll be there" the piece of paper with a tick n the box is what you want to see!!

jstar123

Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:51 pm

I am home sick with bronchitis (one of the joys of working with children is always getting something) but my lovely boss said 'go home, go to bed, read bridal magazines and dream about your honeymoon" she is so awesome!!

anyways...rsvps....

if it makes you feel any better i have had to email and message THREE HUNDRED AND FORTY people who didn't get their rsvps in by the due date. that's right. it took me three hours this morning. grrrrrrr

on the plus side i've gotten some really lovely replies from people and am starting to get very excited as i realised its 31 days to go!!!

on the down side....the next thing on my to do list is seating charts....URG.

meanwhile...order of service wording. help?? we are having two songs and need to include the lyrics in there somewhere...do i do the program listing what is happening, and put the song lyrics after that section

e.g.

The Ceremony

Bridal Processional
Purpose of Marriage
Song “Where the love lasts forever” (Joel Housten)
Bible Reading- Col. 3:12-17
The Consent
The Exchange of Vows
The Exchange of Rings
Song “Blessed be your name” (Matt Redman)
Blessing
Signing of the Registry “Waste Another Day” (Brooke Fraser)
Pronoucement of Marriage
Recessional

“Where the love last forever” (Joel Housten)

Your mercy found me,
Upon the broken road,
And lifted me beyond my failing,
Into Your glory,
My sin and shame dissolved,
And now forever Yours I'll stand

ETC

“Blessed be your name” (Matt Redman)

Blessed Be Your Name
In the land that is plentiful
Where Your streams of abundance flow
Blessed be Your name
ETC...

OR do i put the lyrics in with the ceremony order? (does that make sense?)

sigh...wishing i'd saved programs from other peoples weddings for ideas!!

Cylajen

Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:36 pm

I am SOOOOO excited today!! FH and I were able to pick up our resized rings and now all I want to do is try it on over and over (cause he won't let me leave it on, and rightly so.) I'm starting to lose the plot a little with what needs to be done, and I'm super glad I came on here tonight because I had COMPLETELY forgotten about an order of service!! I mean, I've heard of baby brain, I've done some ditzy things in the last month or so (tried to put the honey in the toaster instead of the bread this morning...), but ARGH!! How can I forget an order of service?!?!?! Now I'm starting to worry about what else I may have overlooked... :oops:

Nellienova

Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:34 am

hahaha honey in the toaster!!! Hillarious! I know that feeling.

I have good days and bad. But i been kinda cranky for the last couple of days and want to do no wedding planning. The poor people around me. I'm probably cranky cos im not getting things done.

On a good note, my MOH sent out my hens invites, everyone got them before me! hahahaha so I ran home and found it in my letterbox and it is awesome! So going to squish her when i see her next.

Abbey_Lou
♥ Mrs Trethowan ♥
♥  Mrs Trethowan ♥

Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:11 pm

Eeeekkkkk.... 2 weeks today!!! Sooo close!! :D :D :D

SmallNads
What You Talking 'Bout Willis?
What You Talking     'Bout Willis?

Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:25 pm

Abbey_Lou wrote:

YAY!!! exciting :D

3 weeks and 1 day for me :D

Abbey_Lou
♥ Mrs Trethowan ♥
♥  Mrs Trethowan ♥

Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:47 pm

SmallNads wrote:
Abbey_Lou wrote:

YAY!!! exciting :D

3 weeks and 1 day for me :D

Sooooo close... :D

Julez
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:53 am

I cant believe its only 2 weeks away now - where is the time going??!!!! We're meeting with our DJ today.....was meant to be yesterday but he forgot!!! Grrrrrrr
So this is the last meeting we have and then its all the tiny little things that need to be done the week before.....I've taken the week before and the week after off work. So one more week of work to get through!!!!

Does everyone feel prepared?

jstar123

Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:27 am

hmm...where to get programs printed?? somewhere on the north shore between hornsby-chatswood or around the macqaurie/ryde area??
GZIP: On | Load: 0.18