A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

amandajayne
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: February 2011

Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:35 pm

Hi Ladies well 2011 is almost here so it means not long for us to go befor we become a MRS :) just wanted to wish you all a happy n safe new year :) well i have 5 weeks to go tomorrow and still have lots to do when i get back from holidays on tuesdays... until then take care everyone :)

Mrs JJ 2 Be
J + R = ♥
J + R = ♥

Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:39 pm

Happy new year Amanda!! Hope you are having a great holiday!!!

Enjoy your new years ladies!!!!

Mrs JJ 2 Be
J + R = ♥
J + R = ♥

Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:53 pm

My seating plan is driving me crazy!!! :x

amandajayne
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:56 pm

Mrs JJ 2 Be wrote:
My seating plan is driving me crazy!!! :x

Oh I'm going to hate doing that 2 but good luck with it :)

Mrs JJ 2 Be
J + R = ♥
J + R = ♥

Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:05 pm

Haha thanks Hun. Too hard to please everyone so they can just deal with where they are sitting :lol:

Neptune
I need a title
I need a title

Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:39 pm

Last edited by Neptune on Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mrs JJ 2 Be
J + R = ♥
J + R = ♥

Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:38 pm

That sucks about chasing up RSVPs Neptune! I don't understand how it is so difficult for some people :roll:

My FMIL is driving me crazy at the moment! She is questioning absolutely everything about the wedding. It's nice she is showing interest but she's not exactly being nice about it...
Oh and she seems to think we should have a lunch with her and the family the day of the wedding!!! Uh No!!! Poor FH I know he just wants to relax before it and she keeps trying to make him do things with the family... Does she not understand this is one of the biggest days of his life!?! :twisted:

Neptune
I need a title
I need a title

Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:58 am

Last edited by Neptune on Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

lovemywei
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:39 pm

Happy New Year WC girls!!!

JJ that's just crazy hun! I can't beleive she wants to have a lunch on the wedding day.. There's no way I would be. Some people with weddings (especially family members) seem to forget that the big day is about you two and what you want. How many other days are there to have family lunch (like the followng day AFTER the wedding). This is something my grandmother would want. My grandmother can be really horrid sometimes with the wedding plans.. I showed her my hair trial and her response was "how much are you paying for THAT?" I nearly cried! I can't wait to see the look on her face when she realises we're having the dogs there and doing the cake cutting at the ceremony.. she will die!! :twisted:

We've so far had one decline.. we've had alot of people not sending the RSVP cards back but instead saying 'we're coming obviously.. Do you still want the card back?' of course I think I would sound like a dill if I said "yes I want the card back" so I've just put them down as coming. Makes me a little bit annoyed, as why would I bother spending money on them if people just assume I would know if they were coming. Drives me bonkers!! We've got less than half our cards back and the RSVP date is only a week away. I can't understand why people aren't using them?! We've had one decline for no reason and it was Allan's family. I think he was a bit miffed as there was no reason and they were reasonably close. We won't make a deal out of it.. kind of works out well as I was hoping a few would decline to be honest! LOL

Finally got my centrepieces decided on.. I was that over trying to decide that I just went with the suggestions of the decorater. I'm having tall vases with willow with artificial cherry blossoms which ties in my invitations. Was over it! Glad it's done!

Allan has just gone for his bucks week.. he's having a week at the cricket. Lucky him!
Groomsmen getting their suits measured up next week.

2 weeks till my hens.. getting excited. Going shopping with a few girls to find an outfit!

Neptune
I need a title
I need a title

Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:15 am

Last edited by Neptune on Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

amandajayne
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:26 am

Hey ladies just thought i would check in n see how everyone is going...

well 5 weeks to go before the wedding n now im starting to get nervus already :( dont know why tho

I also have 12 days until my hens night that should be a good night have no idea what my girls have planed for me all i know is we are going to melbourne's CBD and staying in a hotel.

Other then that today is my last day of my holiday when i get home i have so much still to do i need to make a list and start getting it all together :).....

My RSVP date is the 15th im hoping i dont have to chase anyone but i know my luck that i will have to chase a few so not looking foward to that but oh well we will see how many i have to chase when i get home :)

anyway hope everyone had a great new years i will chat with you all when i get home byeeee foe now

Twiggy
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:28 pm

Hey girls,

Its 5 weeks till my wedding and i am feeling a bit stressed out. I can understand your troubles with the RSVP's i have had a lot of people either assume i would know they are coming or just tell me yes i am coming and not bother RSVPing.I have also have had people send xmas cards to my FMIL and tell her they are coming but haven't bothered tell us. I have been a bit bridezillaish and have been a bit demanding about sending me the envelope... but i still have heaps of people to chase and the RSVP is 12th. so we should see what happens...
other then that we are meeting with the venue this weekend and picking up the bombonieries, and meeting our celebrant again to finalise the the ceremony.
Hens is on the 15th so only 2 weeks away, exiting, have no idea what the girls have planned, meeting at my place and then all i know is the first part is at my house then we go onto a boat... really looking froward to it... the theme is "Red carpet" need to find an outfit.

Hope all your plans are going well too

Neptune
I need a title
I need a title

Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:37 pm

Mrs JJ 2 Be
J + R = ♥
J + R = ♥

Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:41 pm

Eeeek all our weddings are soooo soon! 8O

LMW- your centrepieces sound gorgeous!! Thats soooo frustrating about your rsvps!! I was a bit bridezilla and but the rsvp date before xmas so I wouldn't have to chase people.... they were still late tho! I hope you have a great hens night hun.

Amanda- I think its normal to be nervous, I feel like that sometimes too. It's a pretty big day :) Have fun on your hens too.

Twiggy- not long to go at all!! Very annoying about having to chase people, some people just don't get it do they... Ohhh your hens theme sounds great! Goodluck dress shopping!

Neptune- well done on the progress!! Must feel great to tick things off the list :)

As for me I haven't done much wedding wise I have been pretty lazy TBH... I need to send out emails to confirm vendors and pay the final amounts. Also need to finish off our ceremony bubbles, seating chart, finalise bonbonierrie (was waiting on final rsvps for the names on the cookies). FH is off to find shoes and a belt this week and I have my final dress fitting in a few weeks.

Its soooooo soon!!!!

Neptune
I need a title
I need a title

Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:48 pm

Mrs JJ 2 Be
J + R = ♥
J + R = ♥

Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:50 pm

Thanks Hun :) I don't feel organised even though I know I am... lol

I am so so super excited that it is next month!!!! I can't wait to see all our big days come together :heart: :heart:

amandajayne
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:03 pm

Well ladies im back from my holiday and come home to NO rsvp's :( they have 11 days to go looks like i will be chasing a few :(

Going to pick up my daughters dress this week and do a few other things have to do the menu with the reception this saturday so there is something else i can cross of... just about to ring DJ and go over what needs to be done other then that its all coming together nice :)

Neptune
I need a title
I need a title

Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:24 pm

Last edited by Neptune on Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mrs JJ 2 Be
J + R = ♥
J + R = ♥

Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:27 pm

That's great Neptune!!!!! It's fantastic they made you so comfortable. Can't wait to see pics!! :D

greensmonster
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:54 am

Neptune wrote:
I'm so excited about everyone's weddings - I just walk around all day with a huge grin. We are all getting married NEXT MONTH!!! :heart:

I know, me too!! Can't wait :)

Sounds like you are all SUPER organised!

i am feeling kind of OK... considering we still don't have a caterer (the gorgeous caterer lady got a job and now can't do our wedding). A girl DP used to work with wants to do it, but she may be in Melb - hoping to find out today. She's a pastry chef and lovely, so she'd be awesome.

I've started a little bit of the cooking and am planning a big week of cooking next week with a girlfriend.

I've nearly finished my eldest daughter's dress - designed by her, upcycled from Op Shop formal dresses. I think it's gorgeous. Will post pics when it's completely done. I'm very proud of myself!

Happy wedding vibes to everyone xx
GZIP: On | Load: 0.15