A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Neptune
I need a title
I need a title

Re: February 2011

Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:11 pm

Last edited by Neptune on Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Neptune
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:13 pm

Trial pics are up in my S&T if you're interested :)

P.S - 1 month exactly till I get married OMG!

Ninbee

Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:09 pm

Wow I can't believe February is so close!

Is anyone else getting insomnia? Heartburn? indigestion? I've never had insomnia before - I know its because my head is soo full of wedding "to Do" stuff. I'm awake from 2am onwards - Bang - my mind starts going round and round. Oh and the heartburn :x
I did what I could do last year to prepare, but it was limiting working 6 -7 day weeks with no holidays at all, now I am day 8 out of 14 of my holidays and they have been jam packed with wedding stuff YIPPEE!
However my list is huge, FH has a "yeh everything is pretty much sorted" 8O attitude so I showed him my list which still include:
*get BM Dress!
*Find hair /makeup
*Plan ceremony
*book honeymoon
And a gazillion other things!

It will all work out just fine, Bring on the honeymoon I say! YaY :D

Neptune
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:53 pm

Last edited by Neptune on Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

amandajayne
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:17 pm

Neptune wrote:
Trial pics are up in my S&T if you're interested :)

P.S - 1 month exactly till I get married OMG!

How time has gone so quick i cant get over that its only 1 month for both of us :)

Mrs JJ 2 Be
J + R = ♥
J + R = ♥

Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:26 pm

Ohhhh Neptune I am off to stalk your show and tell :heart:

greensmonster
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:33 pm

Off to stalk too Neptune!

Ninbee, I'm not there yet, and hoping to stave it off as long as possible.

I can so relate to FH's 'it's all done approach!'

DP has organised the grog and has started organising the music - so as far as he's concerned, we're waaaaaay organised! :roll: Still, I'd rather do it myself really... and get my girlfriends and Mum to help :lol: Not that FH is useless, he's just a very last minute kinda guy!

greensmonster
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:34 pm

Oh, how could I forget - we have a caterer!!!! YIPPEEE!!!!

Phew! :mrgreen:

Mrs JJ 2 Be
J + R = ♥
J + R = ♥

Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:39 pm

greensmonster wrote:

Fantastic news!!!!!!!!!! :bdance: :bdance:

Ninbee- I too haven't been able to sleep lately and I am really run down. I don't think of the wedding when I lay in bed awake tho...

Neptune
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:20 pm

greensmonster wrote:

That is excellent news! Definitely a load off your shoulders now that is definitely taken care of :)

Ninbee & Robyn hope you both feel better soon :e_hug:

amandajayne
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:51 am

Hey ladies not long to go for all of us now :)

Im off to the reception center tomorrow to do the menu :)

I have 8 days until my Hens night. God knows what the girls have worked out all they are still telling me is its going to be a great night.

the boys are going to there suit fitting on thursday.
I pick up my dress this week :)
N i also still have to go get my daughters :)..

Mrs JJ 2 Be
J + R = ♥
J + R = ♥

Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:13 pm

Hope it went well at the reception centre Amanda :)

I finished my seating plan and emailed the lists off to be printed. I also found a cute birdcage to use as a wishing well for those guests who choose to give money. I'll upload pics soon.

It's so soon now ladies!

I have just started confirming with my vendors this weekend, I emailed the florist and the string duo to organise payments. I have set myself 2 suppliers a week :) I have an amazing photographer and he has started emailing me to arrange another meeting prior to the big day :mrgreen: :heart:

Ninbee

Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:00 pm

Neptune wrote:
Ninbee I know what you mean - until a few months ago we still had alot of things (some big things) to sort out and it was very overwhelming.

It's such a good feeling to tick things off so maybe do a few little things that you can sort quickly to get you motivated to tackle the bigger things.

And DELEGATE as much as you can - give your FH a job so that he is being helpful rather than a pain :wink: Could he perhaps investigate honeymoon options for you both?

Thanks Girls,
Checking little things off really does help started organising flowers and decorations today - hair & makeup trials tomorrow, I know it will all get done now :) I still feel I wish I had more time to look after myself better in the last half of last year, oh well, concealer can cover my dark cirlcle on the day :lol:
My gp gave me Temazapam I hate taking pills usually but needs must & I took half a dose the other night and slept like I can never remember sleeping, haven't needed one since, it kind of "re set" my sleep cycle which makes a world of difference the next day - maybe my dark cirlcle will be gone on the day! YaY!

Neptune
I need a title
I need a title

Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:10 pm

Last edited by Neptune on Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

amandajayne
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:05 pm

Things I have done or Doing
- Confirmed menu with reception venue last Saturday
- FH and and groomsmen have suit fitting on Thursday
- Have to go do the final details for the wedding cake this week.
-Booked appointment with DJ to go over the music for the 31st
- Sorted ceremony rehearsal with celebrant & bridal party.
- Just finished working out the type of chocolates i want on the tables with my GF as she is making them for me.
- still need to print off extra place cards for the other people i forgot to add :)
- Pick up My Daughters Dress Thursday
- Pick up my dress Friday :)
- and just go buy the few little thing I have left to get :)

And last but not least i have my hens night Saturday :)

greensmonster
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:58 am

Wow!! Go Feb girls, go! (I guess we don't have a choice but to get organised though really do we? he he)

I have not done that much, but still feeling OK and not overwhelmed yet.

Have started cooking the food... just a little, but a start :)

Have also made the panforte for the favours

xx

lovemywei
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:06 pm

I can't beleive how close it's getting!! Everyone sounds so sorted.. Apparently Feb brides are the most organised brides!!
I've got my hens on Saturday also Amanda! Hopefully it doesn't rain.. hope you have a great night! What are you doing, do you know? We're doing a day winery tour around Orange with a theme of 'knickers' I just made my outfit this morning.. have posted in my S&T! I can't wait!!!
Our RSVP date came and went.. we've sent text messages to those who didn't RSVP some got back but we're waiting on nearly 10-12 people to tell us. So far we've got 90. I've fairly well got the seating plan worked out.. I just need to know if there will be more coming or not. I'm thinking about having a 'didn't RSVP on time' table and they all have to sit together and not with their friends!!! muuuhhhaaaa!!! hehe
I still need to do a few things.. but I'm getting onto it in the next week when I'm not working like a crazy horse!!
hope all you ladies are having fun and not stressing too much! xx

amandajayne
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:34 pm

lovemywei wrote:
I've got my hens on Saturday also Amanda! Hopefully it doesn't rain.. hope you have a great night! What are you doing, do you know? We're doing a day winery tour around Orange with a theme of 'knickers' I just made my outfit this morning.. have posted in my S&T! I can't wait!!!

Not sure what my girl have planed for me all i Know is we are going into melbournes cbd and staying in a hotel for the night but i will be sure to post pics as soon as i can :)

Mrs JJ 2 Be
J + R = ♥
J + R = ♥

Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:40 pm

Enjoy your Hens Ladies!!!!

I have confirmed my florist and string duo this week. Next week finalising DJ and final meeting with photographer :) I'm in love with our photographer!! :heart:

I found a birdcage in a homewares shop over the road from my house so bought that as even tho we did a registry with Myer I know a fair few of our guests will still rather give money. So I will post some pics this weekend :)

PHOTOGRAPHERfinder

Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:04 pm

Well done Mrs JJ 2 Be, looks like you have got things very well organised! Yes, birdcage from homewares shop definitely works. Some people use a fish bowl from $2 shop :) Add some rose petals or ribbon and no one could tell where you bought it from :wink:

Glad that you like your photographer! Remember to share with others your experience and how it all goes later. Maybe you want to thank your photographer by giving a review at some stage :wink:
GZIP: On | Load: 0.27