Re: February 2011

Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:45 pm

13 sleeps amanda! Wow. that is so close! How exciting

amandajayne
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:20 pm

Hey ladies i just cant belive how close it is now. last night i couldnt sleep i was just laying there looking at soon to be hubby thinking on in 12 days he will be my husband. im getting so nervous now im not sure how i will be on the day lol

amandajayne
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:52 am

Oh my god I have 1 week to go :) I may not be on from now on but I will see you all on the other side.hope you all have a great wedding n can't wait to show n see pictures :)

greensmonster
I need a title
I need a title

Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:48 am

Aaaarrrrgghhhhh!!!!!
Not much time for forum for me either Amanda :lol:

Will be thinking of you next weekend. I know it'll be awesome. Looking forward to seeing the S&T!

See you on the other side xx

Mrs JJ 2 Be
J + R = ♥
J + R = ♥

Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:29 pm

Thinking of all the lovely Feb Brides!!

I can't wait to see pics of your special days :heart:

lovemywei
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:13 am

Good luck to everyone over the next couple of weeks. I can't wait to come back in and see photos of everyone's big day's!

Everything is fairly organised in our camp..

will be thinking of you all. good luck girls!! xx

greensmonster
I need a title
I need a title

Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:39 am

Thanks LMW and Mrs JJ. I can't wait to see everyone''s pics too, and to hear all about it.

To give you an idea of how organised I am... I booked my hairdresser yesterday! he he

I am not that fussed about everything being perfect and so most of the time I just have faith that it will all work out, and I keep reminding myself that as long as we are there and are married that's all that matters - the rest is a bonus. But every now and then i think aarrrghh!!!

I had my girlfriend over yesterday to work out the last item for the menu - chicken, caramelised onion and apricot tagine with spiced cous cous. She is a home ec. teacher and has worked in catering for years, and she said it was 'divine!'. :mrgreen: So, have cooked 5kg of the chicken last night, just another 7kg to go!

MIL actually offered to help last night. I don't want to be around her negativity but its nice that she offered.

Have finished my eldest daughter's dress and almost finished my youngests'. They look great! Not bad for upcycled clothing, that's for sure.

Am having my girlfriends and R's aunties etc. over on Sat to help make the flowers for our bouquets. Really looking forward to it.

Twiggy
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:14 pm

Wow 5days to go. Can't believe it's all nearly here. I prob won't be on that much either in the next few days as I am in Bathurst now getting the farm ready for the big day. All mostly done just need to do little things like write names on the placecards and mow the grass.
Good luck to all the girls getting married this weekend and in Feb, looking forward to the photos. :)

Ninbee

Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:19 pm

Its all starting to get exciting - and a little over whelming! had mixed bucks day and girls day this weekend, my 30th next and then wedding and then honeymoon...... OMG I don't feel ready!!!!! 8O :D

Mrs JJ 2 Be
J + R = ♥
J + R = ♥

Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:05 am

GM- that chicken dish sounds delicious!! You are making my mouth water!!

Twiggy- 4 days now!! Very exciting. Enjoy this time Hun.

Ninbee- wow what a busy few weeks!! Enjoy absolutely everything. I know what you mean about feeling a little overwhelmed.

Afm- have nearly finished finalising all details with our suppliers. I still need to pick up our Bon Bon's and tie ribbon on them. Also need to find a gift for FH. We have had a few dramas with some family members this week it's funny how a wedding can bring out the worst in some people. All seems to be sorted now. I don't know about you ladies but I have so much wedding stuff around the house now!! We have a dedicated wedding room :lol:

greensmonster
I need a title
I need a title

Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:42 am

:lol: i feel like my whole house is a 'dedicated wedding room' :lol: especially the kitchen!!

Shock of all shocks, MIL came over last night and actually seemed slightly excited! It was really nice actually. She gave FH and I a present... 2 champagne flutes and a bottle of perfume for me and aftershave for FH. A nice thought. MIL likes to give me perfume...but I don't wear it (because it contains petrochemicals and all that - I wear essential oils in a balm and sometimes some body shop oils), so I normally take it to Myer and swap it for an itunes voucher :oops: I love downloading my perfume songs! I know it's kinda wrong, but I thought I'd swap this perfume for some nice undies.

I am feeling quite organised, even though I'm not! :lol:

Spoke to the caterer last night and we are totally on the same page with everything there, which is great.

As far as cooking goes, I have to:
make the cupcakes
make a vegie tagine
put the meat filling into pastry for the moroccan puffs
make a spiced onion mix for the cous cous (not essential, but it is really yummy)

So not too much! Everything else is done :mrgreen:

I'd also like to make a bit more jam for the favours, but that's not essential either.

lovemywei
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:34 pm

That sucks JJ but glad you've got your family sorted. It wouldn't be a wedding if there wasn't family drama.. so frustrating. They just don't seem to get it do they? And it's always the same people time after time!!

Wow Greensmonster - sounds like Masterchef in your house!! Very yummy! I would probably do the same as you if someone kept giving me perfume I didn't like. I'm like that with jewelery. Speaking of which I am still to get my and OH's perfume for the day.. must drop down and get that tomorrow. Was thinking the Ralph Lauren Romance set.

Good luck Twiggy.. I think it's going to be hot this weekend - hope the rain forecasted holds off for you as well, I think it will. Can't wait for photos as well..

My back-up shoes arrived today and thank god fit me like a glove. Finished work today. Was such a relief to get out of there. It's been nearly 14 months since my last holiday and I was really feeling it!!

lovemywei
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:46 am

Goodluck tomorrow Twiggy and Amanda!! :heart:

greensmonster
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:32 pm

lovemywei wrote:
Goodluck tomorrow Twiggy and Amanda!! :heart:

Have a wonderful day! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Mrs JJ 2 Be
J + R = ♥
J + R = ♥

Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:03 pm

Good luck ladies!!! Thinking of you both :heart: :heart:

amandajayne
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:14 pm

Hi ladies just thought i would drop a quick line to let you all know that may day was the BEST day of my life I could not have wished for a better day... HUBBY and I are away on our honeymoon so I will put up one pic of our day just for now

Mrs JJ 2 Be
J + R = ♥
J + R = ♥

Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:31 pm

amandajayne wrote:
Hi ladies just thought i would drop a quick line to let you all know that may day was the BEST day of my life I could not have wished for a better day... HUBBY and I are away on our honeymoon so I will put up one pic of our day just for now

So happy you had a great day Amanda!! Congratulations on becoming a MRS!!!!

Enjoy your honeymoon :heart: :heart:

wishy
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:22 pm

My wedding broke the weather - hottest day in 50 years. Was lots of fun though. Good luck to all the Fab Feb brides!!!

Mrs JJ 2 Be
J + R = ♥
J + R = ♥

Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:38 pm

wishy wrote:
My wedding broke the weather - hottest day in 50 years. Was lots of fun though. Good luck to all the Fab Feb brides!!!

Glad to hear it was a good day :D :D

Hope you weren't too Hot hun

Twiggy
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:28 am

Hi ladies,

Just thought i would drop by and say thanks for all the wonderful wishes, had a fantastic and beatuiful day. It was not as hot in Bathurst (where the wedding was) as it was in Syd. Thanks for all your support girls over the last year. I am now going on my honeymoon and won't be around for a while but ill be back soon, with photos hopefully :)
Good luck to all the other Feb girls if i don't manage to come back before your wedding day :)

Twiggy
GZIP: On | Load: 0.09