A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

 
San
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:38 am

Re: April 2011

Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:26 am

Thank you for welcoming me!!

I haven't planned much really.
We life outsite Scone, Hunter Valley, on the middle brook road, we would like to have the ceremonie on our property.
I'm not sure if I want the party/reception also here. A marquee is quiet expensive but would be great. There is space enough. An other option is having the party in a pub owned by our friends, but that's 30 km from us. Not sure what to do.
My parnets and some of my familiy come over from the Netherlands and they stay with us. A part of Benny's (fiance) family lives in Melbourne and they stay nearby in a nice big guesthouse (middlebrook valley lodge).
I haven't chosen my dress yet, but sent my save the date cards.
Don't know what to do else! my best friend comes from holland to the wedding but she can't really help me with planning. My sister in law is going to help me. I have already chosen the photographer (a friend of us) Catrina Partridge and another friend is a proffesional filmer, he is making the video. Also we have chosen the band, also friend. Benny is playing in a band so he has the connections what is very handy.
Sop what else help me!!!

XX Sandra
 
User avatar
Bonni_Binx
Mrs Ranga
Mrs Ranga
Posts: 1039
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:08 am

Re: April 2011

Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:10 pm

you've done a fair bit Sandra!! Thats great having friends to photograph and video your wedding - lucky!

I think you should find your dress next as some take a while to get into the shop.

Then make a decision on your ceremony so you can book your celebrant.
A wedding on your property sounds lovey.. a marquee can be a bit expensive but I'm sure it probably works out about the same. I think Dandelion is having a wedding in a marquee - you should have a look through her show and tell.
Have a chat to some caterers - they should be able to give you some advice on marquees etc.

Start your own Show and Tell if you haven't already - they're great for keeping all your plans and ideas in one place.
 
User avatar
jodieo88
Princess Fitz
Princess Fitz
Posts: 3345
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:14 pm

Re: April 2011

Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:48 pm

Hi ladies!!

Welcome Sandra!!! :D

I havent been in here in ages :( I have been unwell and not really with it lately. My memory had been insanely bad, I am having to write lists for myself for everything, even stupid stuff like "Put out washing, take coffee cups from bedroom and clean them, do dishes" Otherwise I have no hope of remembering what I am doing or why :roll: So the vampires stole a whole heap of my blood today and hopefully they will find something. Dr said it could be something as simple as low iron levels affecting my concentration levels (fingers crossed for this one because it's an easy fix!)

Things I have managed to get done from writing my lists:

-I have a job! 2IC at Coles in Caroline Springs, in the bakery dept which will be excellent experience for me as I am starting my pastry course next year
- Found a limo service that will cost us 1K for 2 limos, one limo is going to drop the boys off and leave and the other is going to take us all to the reception centre (a massive one I think a 10-12 seater for 7 people lol) They are just your plain old Ford ones, but its better than a taxi!
- Centrepieces are organised yay
 
amberino21
Mrs Cupcake
Posts: 3384
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:47 pm

Re: April 2011

Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:57 pm

Jodie - sorry to hear you haven't been well. I hope the tests get you some results - it must be so frustrating not knowing why you aren't well! (fixing low iron isn't that nice...I gave up on my iron tablets because they messed with my insides! Better than being forgetful though...)

congrats on the job - that's fantastic! Also good that it's kind of related to what you're planning on studying.

I haven't checked out you S&T since you put the centrepieces up- I'll go check them out now :) well done with the limos...that seems like a good price compared to some others I've seen!
 
User avatar
Ali2011
I need a title
I need a title
Posts: 994
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:10 pm

Re: April 2011

Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:08 pm

Hi everyone,
I have been on here for a while and just realised I never posted anything in here - oops. We are getting married April 16th next year at Gunners Barracks in Georges Heights (Sydney). I think we have organised all the major things (I hope).

- Ceremony and Reception - Gunners Barracks
- Celebrant - Janine Croan
- Photographer - Michael from Studio Zanetti
- Bonboniere (vanilla cupcakes with light green icing in a plastic box with a ribbon that matches the bridesmaid's dress) have been ordered
- Cake has been chosen (2 tier cake with sugar arum lilies on top - one layer choc mud, one vanilla pound cake)
- Flowers have been organised (I am having arum lilies and my bridesmaid is having burnt orange calla lilies)
- Centrepieces also sorted
- My dress has been ordered, just waiting for it to arrive
- The bridesmaid's dress has arrived
- The DJ for our reception has been booked
- We have chosen all the songs for the ceremony
- I have bought my shoes
- I have also bought earrings and a necklace for my bridesmaid
- Our save-the-dates have been sent
- Hairdresser has been booked (we are doing a trial closer to the date)
- We have discussed wedding band with our jeweller
- Cars have been booked
- Invitations are being printed
- Suit hire has been organised

Apologies for the really long post.
 
megzy1511
Member
Member
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 12:13 am

Re: April 2011

Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:32 pm

Ali2011 wrote:
Hi everyone,
I have been on here for a while and just realised I never posted anything in here - oops. We are getting married April 16th next year at Gunners Barracks in Georges Heights (Sydney). I think we have organised all the major things (I hope).

- Ceremony and Reception - Gunners Barracks
- Celebrant - Janine Croan
- Photographer - Michael from Studio Zanetti
- Bonboniere (vanilla cupcakes with light green icing in a plastic box with a ribbon that matches the bridesmaid's dress) have been ordered
- Cake has been chosen (2 tier cake with sugar arum lilies on top - one layer choc mud, one vanilla pound cake)
- Flowers have been organised (I am having arum lilies and my bridesmaid is having burnt orange calla lilies)
- Centrepieces also sorted
- My dress has been ordered, just waiting for it to arrive
- The bridesmaid's dress has arrived
- The DJ for our reception has been booked
- We have chosen all the songs for the ceremony
- I have bought my shoes
- I have also bought earrings and a necklace for my bridesmaid
- Our save-the-dates have been sent
- Hairdresser has been booked (we are doing a trial closer to the date)
- We have discussed wedding band with our jeweller
- Cars have been booked
- Invitations are being printed
- Suit hire has been organised

Apologies for the really long post.

Hi Ali2011! Which florist are you using?
 
User avatar
Ali2011
I need a title
I need a title
Posts: 994
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:10 pm

Re: April 2011

Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:29 pm

Hi Megzy,
We are using Floriade in Mosman. Emma was incredibly helpful, they are close to the ceremony/reception venue and have done weddings there before. I do not think they are the cheapest but they understood what we wanted.
Ali
 
User avatar
Ali2011
I need a title
I need a title
Posts: 994
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:10 pm

Re: April 2011

Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:35 am

My invites are ready :D - we pick them up today!!! I had my make-up trial yesterday and it went ok (photos on my S&T) - I was sooooooooooooo nervous about it but I was happy with the result.
 
User avatar
nixella
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Posts: 285
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:05 pm

Re: April 2011

Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:41 pm

I can't believe how quickly April is sneaking up!! Only 3 months & 19 days till my FH & I will be married :D :heart:
Here is where we are at with the planning.......
*Ceremony: booked
*Reception: booked and have planned a menu tasting in January
*Save the Dates: done & sent out a few months ago
*Guest accommodation: booked
*Invitations: ordered - waiting on proofs
*Celebrant: booked. Have chosen vows and have the legal documents ready to fill in :)
*String trio for ceremony: booked and I think I have chosen all the songs I want played
*Wedding rings: done and sitting in a safe place
*Photographer: booked and hopefully doing our Engagement shoot soon!
*Hair & make-up: booked and have already had my trial
*My dress & veil: done and sitting at mum & dads
*My shoes: done and sitting in my wardrobe
*My jewellery: done and sitting in a safe place
*Flowers: booked
*BM dresses: done. Need to call them cos they should be in soon!
*BM shoes: done and sitting at mums
*BM gifts: am still looking
*FH's suit: done and sitting in our wardrobe
*Groomsmen suits: done
*Ring bearers' suits: chosen but will need fitting closer to April
*Groomsmen gifts: done
*Transport: booked
*Cake: booked
*DJ: booked and have started picking songs
*Fireworks: booked
*Bonbonneire/place cards: booked
*Champagne flutes: done and sitting in our room
*Cake server set: done and sitting in our room
*Accommodation on wedding night: booked
*Honeymoon: booked

How is everyone else going with their planning?
 
User avatar
Ali2011
I need a title
I need a title
Posts: 994
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:10 pm

Re: April 2011

Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:35 am

Sounds like you are very organised!!
My dress arrived on Sunday!!! So excited!!! Fittings are booked for closer to the date.
Our invites, RSVPs and place-cards are all done and ready to be posted. :D
 
User avatar
nixella
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Posts: 285
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:05 pm

Re: April 2011

Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:20 am

Ali2011 wrote:
Sounds like you are very organised!!
My dress arrived on Sunday!!! So excited!!! Fittings are booked for closer to the date.
Our invites, RSVPs and place-cards are all done and ready to be posted. :D

How exciting!!! :D
 
User avatar
Bonni_Binx
Mrs Ranga
Mrs Ranga
Posts: 1039
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:08 am

Re: April 2011

Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:29 am

I know what you mean Nixella - my MOH reminded me the other day it was exactly 4 months to the wedding!!

So far we've done most of the big things.
*dress - arrived Xmas eve
*ceremony - booked (free)
*reception - booked and paid
*celebrant - booked 80% paid
*caterer - booked (FIL paying) - need to meet to finalise timeline etc in Feb
*photographer - booked and paid - need to meet early April to finalise things
*invites - in the process of printing them out right now to be sent 2nd week in Jan
*hair - dressed - trial in March
*MUA - discussed with my dayspa. Trial in Jan.
*BM dresses - done
*flowers - booked
*decorator (centrepieces, chairs etc) - booked
*rings - done but paying off
*cake - booked but need to pay


Things we still need to do
*groom and groomsmen suits/shoes
*alcohol
*lollybuffet
*bridal party gifts (done half the BMs)
*BM shoes
*cars - not sure what we're doing yet, I want to hire the limo that seats 11 ($125/hr).. then we can all travel and drink together.. but FH wants muscle cars.
*my underwear
*honeymoon (if we have one)
 
User avatar
nixella
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Posts: 285
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:05 pm

Re: April 2011

Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:19 am

I just got our invitation proofs and I'm sssoooooo excited! They look amazing. FH is on his way home from work and we're going shopping. I can't wait to show them to him :P :D :heart:
 
User avatar
Bonni_Binx
Mrs Ranga
Mrs Ranga
Posts: 1039
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:08 am

Re: April 2011

Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:32 am

nixella wrote:
I just got our invitation proofs and I'm sssoooooo excited! They look amazing. FH is on his way home from work and we're going shopping. I can't wait to show them to him :P :D :heart:


Oohh have you posted a pic??
Love to see them!
 
User avatar
Ali2011
I need a title
I need a title
Posts: 994
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:10 pm

Re: April 2011

Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:08 am

Bonni_Binx wrote:
nixella wrote:
I just got our invitation proofs and I'm sssoooooo excited! They look amazing. FH is on his way home from work and we're going shopping. I can't wait to show them to him :P :D :heart:


Oohh have you posted a pic??
Love to see them!


How exciting!! :D :D
 
User avatar
nixella
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Posts: 285
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:05 pm

Re: April 2011

Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:04 pm

Bonni_Binx wrote:
nixella wrote:
I just got our invitation proofs and I'm sssoooooo excited! They look amazing. FH is on his way home from work and we're going shopping. I can't wait to show them to him :P :D :heart:


Oohh have you posted a pic??
Love to see them!

There is a pic of them in my S&T that I took from the website & I'll post another pic when I get the actual invitations :D
 
User avatar
Bonni_Binx
Mrs Ranga
Mrs Ranga
Posts: 1039
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:08 am

Re: April 2011

Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:01 am

Anyone else having the bad wedding dreams??

I've been having at least one a week!
Last week it was that my make up and hair people didn't show up and I had to do my own...
This weeks was worse and it was that FH and I got the day mixed up and we both thought we were getting married the next day and missed our wedding.... we only found out because the guests rocked up to the reception whilst we were still setting up the tables and chairs... in my dream I blamed my mum for not ringing me to tell me it was my wedding day that day!

I guess I'm just a little disappointed with myself for having these nightmares... I think I'm pretty organised and I am a level headed type person who doesn't get stressed out about things (FH does enough stressing for the both of us!) so I'm ashamed that my subconscious or whatever is having these dreams... I especially hate those first few seconds when you wake up before you realise its all just a dream :cry:
 
User avatar
Ali2011
I need a title
I need a title
Posts: 994
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:10 pm

Re: April 2011

Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:33 am

Bonni_Binx wrote:
Anyone else having the bad wedding dreams??

I've been having at least one a week!
Last week it was that my make up and hair people didn't show up and I had to do my own...
This weeks was worse and it was that FH and I got the day mixed up and we both thought we were getting married the next day and missed our wedding.... we only found out because the guests rocked up to the reception whilst we were still setting up the tables and chairs... in my dream I blamed my mum for not ringing me to tell me it was my wedding day that day!

I guess I'm just a little disappointed with myself for having these nightmares... I think I'm pretty organised and I am a level headed type person who doesn't get stressed out about things (FH does enough stressing for the both of us!) so I'm ashamed that my subconscious or whatever is having these dreams... I especially hate those first few seconds when you wake up before you realise its all just a dream :cry:


:e_hug: :e_hug: Hugs!! I don't think you should read too much into the nightmares, wish I could offer you more useful advice. I am sure you will have a beautiful wedding day.
 
User avatar
egl81
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Posts: 439
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:35 pm

Re: April 2011

Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:49 am

I had my first wedding dream a few nights ago, it was more funny than disturbing so I guess that's a good thing. I posted it in the 2011 brides thread but in a nutshell it went that I arrived to the ceremony on a decorated office chair!! 8O
As freaky as they can be I think the dreams just reflect how much of an important day the wedding day is to you and how much you care that things go to plan. I've read a few post by other brides on this forum about their dreams so I think they are pretty common.

I hope they don't disturb you too much but have a :e_hug: :e_hug: just in case. :)
 
User avatar
Willow
Member
Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:55 am

Re: April 2011

Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:02 pm

Hi again everyone! How fast is it coming up to April!!??!! Can't believe it, I feel as though I still need to do quite a lot but I'm getting there...

Heres whats done...

*Ceremony: Booked
*Reception: Booked, doing our taste testing & meeting up with wedding organiser this month.
*Invitations: Just got them today!!!Am very pleased with them :)
*Celebrant: booked. Having rehearsal with her in Febuary. Still have to write our vows etc though
*Harpist booked for ceremony and have chosen our ceremony songs.
*Photographer: booked, we did a photo shoot with another photographer just after we were engaged
*Hair & make-up: booked and have already had my trial but am going back for my 2nd trial
*My dress & veil: Is getting made, I have had my 1st fitting and waiting on her to call me about the 2nd fitting
*My flowergirls dresses: Getting made, am waiting for their 1st fitting soon
*Flowers: booked
*Centrepieces: organised & booked
*BM dresses: Have gone shopping, couldn't find anything and so planning to go back out asap
*BM gifts: Have ordered them & waiting on them to arrive
*Groomsmen gifts: done
*Transport: organised
*Bonbonneire/place cards:Know what we want & just need to organise online
*Champagne flutes: done and sitting in our room
*Cake server set: done and sitting in our room
*Accommodation on wedding night: booked
*Honeymoon:Booked & paid for
*Garter: done
*Handfasting Ribbon:Ordered and getting made.
*Cermonial Chalice:done
*DJ,Chair covers & sashes,Food, Drinks,Master of Ceremonies is all provided by reception


Still need to organise

*Lingere
*Wedding Jewellery
*Wedding rings
*Bridesmaids dresses
*Grooms suit
*Groomsmens suits
*Wedding shoes
*Accessories like Guest book, Wishing Well, Candle etc
*Flowergirl Gifts
*Gifts for parents

Oh No! I still have quite a bit to do LOL
GZIP: On | Load: 0.23