A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

kazza76

Re: April 2011

Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:12 pm

Hi ladies!

Can't believe our weddings are so close now! I think my last count (this morning) was 56 days to go! I have my hens night next Saturday so that should be fun. We are having a bridal shower first, then going out for dinner and back to my MOH house for cocktails and games. My BM's know that I'm not really into strippers etc, so it's just going to be a fun night with friends, drinks, sing star and games :D

Am a little worried about our guest list. We were only going to have a small wedding and people said to expect at least 20% or people not being able to make it. So we invited 100 people thinking that about 70 would come, well we have 100 people RSVP yes to the wedding. Every single person (and child) is coming! Eeeekkk. Thank goodness I ordered all the table favours in lots of 100 just in case.

Bella C, We were thinking about applying for 4 Weddings, but in the end I decided not to, I figured if any of those women got nasty about my wedding I would hunt them down and slap them lol. where abouts are you having your wedding? I see your from Wollongong as well

naomi_j86
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:29 am

Hope everyone had a lovely Valentine's Day! Did anyone do anything special?

DF and I just went out to the movies :)

And we finally picked our vows!! Another thing to tick off the list!

Ali2011
I need a title
I need a title

Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:41 am

I spent most of the day sleeping (just finished night shift). FH bought me a lovely card and present so I was happy (especially as I did not get him anything - night shift makes your brain go :? )

6004.jpg

Hope everyone else had a fantastic day. :heart:

amberino21
Mrs Cupcake

Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:31 am

naomi_j86 wrote:
Hope everyone had a lovely Valentine's Day! Did anyone do anything special?

DF and I just went out to the movies :)

And we finally picked our vows!! Another thing to tick off the list!

we did our vows last night as well - ceremony is pretty much written now :)

we didn't do anything for valentines day - neither of us see the point! We did practice our dance though, and did our vows

Ali2011
I need a title
I need a title

Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:33 pm

After FH did not get me anything for my birthday (not even a card), he was trying to redeem himself.

naomi_j86
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:22 pm

Have had an awful day!!

#1 - Went to pick up a veil I ordered 2 weeks ago (they were meant to pop it in the post that same day), and still hadn't arrived. So had to get back on to the supplier and get them to finally send it.

#2 - The priest we booked with isn't able to do our wedding anymore. So now we are having a new priest, which makes this the fourth!

#3 - I ordered some personalised products from Pink Frosting. The sent me an email saying the product was in and was being shipped last week. I still haven't received it, so went to the courier tracking site which said 'delivered'. Rang them, told them I don't have it. They sent me through a copy of the signed 'received' slip. NOT MY SIGNATURE. So they are going to see if they can work out where it is, but no idea atm :(

#4 - Cake topper arrived and the faces are all scratched. These were in the best packaging I have ever seen: wrapped around and round in bubble wrap, then in a carboard box thing, more bubble wrap then bag. I believe the product was faulty before they sent it as I see no possible way anything could have gotten through all the layers to the toppers, and there is no paint/chips on the packaging itself. I wouldn't have had a problem with a few scratches, except it's the FACES!

*Stressed out*
~Naomi.

Bonni_Binx
Mrs Ranga
Mrs Ranga

Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:14 pm

Aw Naomi thats terrible - sending some huge hugs and hope it sorts itself out.

What type of cake toppers were they? Can you request a refund and get something else? The willow tree ones are always lovely and easy to find.
Surely Pink Frosting can send you the stock again on a rush order - can you get it sent to work? Thats what I do so I know I will always receive my packages.

We did nothing for V Day - I'm with you Amber and dont see the point. I'd rather receive flowers on a day for no reason then receive them because he thinks he has too. Plus FH was on night shift so I didn't actually see him at all that day anyway.

We've done nothing lately... it'll be one big rush at the end I think... our new house is nearly ready so all our time and effort has been going into getting this house ready for renters.
I do have a makeup trial coming up soon and my dress fitting.. need to write vows and organise a hair trial.. FH had started to make some sort of effort on finding his suits and the wedding cars but nothing definite yet.

nixella
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:42 pm

44 days till my wedding day!! 8O :D :heart:

Ali2011
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:24 pm

nixella wrote:
44 days till my wedding day!! 8O :D :heart:

How exciting!! That means it is 51 days til my wedding - yikes!! Still waiting for quite a few RSVPs (including my bridesmaid). Mum picked up the surprise cufflinks from my grandparent's house - they look great!! We are heading to Thredbo for a friend's wedding this weekend then a busy week of dance lessons, pre-wedding photo shoot and hair trial. Hope everyone else's plans are going well. :heart:

Bella C

Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:46 pm

Ohmigosh! :O

That means a meagre 36 days until my day.. Whoah.

nixella
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:39 pm

Ali2011 wrote:
How exciting!! That means it is 51 days til my wedding - yikes!! Still waiting for quite a few RSVPs (including my bridesmaid). Mum picked up the surprise cufflinks from my grandparent's house - they look great!! We are heading to Thredbo for a friend's wedding this weekend then a busy week of dance lessons, pre-wedding photo shoot and hair trial. Hope everyone else's plans are going well. :heart:

Our RSVP cut-off date is Monday and we're still waiting on about 4 couples to reply :roll:

amberino21
Mrs Cupcake

Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:29 am

We're still waiting on a lot - and the letterbox was empty again!

We had a bit of a drama with GM and the accommodation we booked for the bridal party. Him and his wife decided they didn't want to stay with us, which was going to leave us $550 out of pocket! We asked two friends from our group if they'd like to stay with us to use the room, and they are going to - yay! Still annoyed at GM though, he's rubbish IMO!

I'm slowly crossing things off the list...paid off our wedding car tonight, and put cash aside for the MUA. such a good feeling knowing things are starting to be completely done!

Bonni_Binx
Mrs Ranga
Mrs Ranga

Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:10 am

I was talking to my MOH the other day having a bit of a whinge and she said the same - it feels really good when everything is paid for at the end.

I can't wait for that feeling!

Totally understand about the post - I've been waiting since the 4th Feb for some battery opperated tea lights :(

Chrissii2011

Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:38 pm

Hello to all the April Brides,
I am relatively new to this forum and just found this section.
My big day is the last day of april (30) so you girls will prob all marry before me, Is anyone else on the 30th.
My FH and I have actually been engaged for about 3 years now, all together we have been together 9 :-)
We have already bought our home and had our children so we are a bit back to front. We decided to wait till the children were old enough to leave with family for a couple of nights before we set our big day.
We actually only set a date back in Novemeber 2010 so actually haven't had to much time to plan, but have got pretty much everything done.
Came across my first issue yesterday when I realized the flowers I wanted 'arum lilies or calla lilies' are out of season.
Didn't want roses or tulips as my sister and cousin both recently had these and They are not really in my fav flower category anyway, so I have come up with something that I really love after playing around in the florist. I will be having a arm sheath with white gladiolus and big green leaves behind them. It actually looks very elegant when all done up. I always buy gladilous for friends when it is there bday cos I love them but had never thought of having them as my bouquet until the lilies were out.
Is there anything that you girls have only just realized that needed to be done that you hadn't thought of earlier ?
I am trying to make sure I am all organized so I can relax again .

Anyway thanks for listening
Christine

Bonni_Binx
Mrs Ranga
Mrs Ranga

Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:20 am

HI Chrissii

Congrats on setting a date...
Our wedding is the week before yours - if you check back to the first few pages we've all said our dates.. there is also another thread called the WC wedding calendar which you can add yourself to - viewtopic.php?f=19&t=91039

I wanted arum or calla lillies too - I ended up having a button bouquet but I had got a real touch arum lily bouquet quoted and it only worked out at about $80. I am still using the real touch arum lillies in my centrepieces.

Where are you getting married? Have you planned much yet?
Start an S&T with all your ideas and purchases.. it really helps keeping all your 'things' in one place :D

amberino21
Mrs Cupcake

Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:32 am

i think real touch flowers (for the arum lillies) would be a great alternative, like bonni suggested - arum lillies look and feel kind of waxy anyway, so it wouldn't be too noticeable!

50 days for us today! ARGH!!!! i got slightly stressed today as to how everything was going to be paid for....lets just say i'll be scrimping on anything non-wedding related until the wedding just to make sure i'm not stressing right up to the last minute! (so i should probably stop baking macarons every weekend... :cry: )

Bonni_Binx
Mrs Ranga
Mrs Ranga

Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:36 pm

tell me about it Amber - its creeping up! Definately going to be a mad rush at the end for those few things we haven't done yet - about 2 weeks till we move into the house so once we're in its ALL about the wedding!!!

I saw your pics of the macaroons - what exactly are they? I've never had one before.

amberino21
Mrs Cupcake

Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:39 pm

Bonni_Binx wrote:
tell me about it Amber - its creeping up! Definately going to be a mad rush at the end for those few things we haven't done yet - about 2 weeks till we move into the house so once we're in its ALL about the wedding!!!

I saw your pics of the macaroons - what exactly are they? I've never had one before.

macarons are heaven!! They're French 'biscuits' - but a whole lot better than a biscuit- made with almond meal, icing sugar and beaten egg white, sandwiched together with flavoured buttercream, ganache, jam etc. They have a crisp outer shell and a slightly chewy soft centre....delicious!!

Bella C

Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:56 pm

Very 'Masterchef' of you, Amber! ;)
I love baking cakes & sweet things, but I've never yet been game enough to try my hand at macaroons before.. They look absolutely delicious when made well though :)

amberino21
Mrs Cupcake

Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:18 pm

Bella C wrote:
Very 'Masterchef' of you, Amber! ;)
I love baking cakes & sweet things, but I've never yet been game enough to try my hand at macaroons before.. They look absolutely delicious when made well though :)

give them a go, bella! After all I'd heard about them being difficult, I put off making them for ages. I bought a friend the book "I :heart: macarons" for her birthday as it has step by step instructions and pictures. She had a few goes with increasing success, then we had a baking day and made them together. Mine have been getting better since then!

I'm now considering making pale pink, black, and natural coloured ones (maybe with White lustre powder) to serve with our cake for afternoon tea just to give people something else to nibble on :)
GZIP: On | Load: 0.05