A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Ali2011
I need a title
I need a title

Re: April 2011

Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:49 pm

Hi girls, I hope everyone has received lots of RSVPs by now. We are still waiting on a few (the due date was last Tuesday). I had my hair trial today and it went really well :D :D (I'll post photos on my S&T later). FH picked up the wedding rings today while I checked that my hair and dress looked good together. We had a pre-wedding photo shoot in Centennial Park yesterday. It was lots of fun and we now feel a lot more comfortable with our photographer. How are everyone else's plans going?

nixella
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:34 am

Glad to hear you trial went well Ali :D I get to try my dress on next weekend for the first time since before getting pregnant with my son. I'm down to the weight I was when I first tried the dress on so should fit *fingers crossed* Mind you, my son is only 9 weeks old so I've still got the whole belly sag thing going on :lol:

We have chosen our floor plan for the reception and have assigned our guests to tables (still waiting on a couple of RSVP's though). Now we just need to figure out which group of people are going to sit at what specific table on the floor plan. The joys of FH having a split family where one side still hates the other after 23 years :roll: We have booked in our rehearsal for the day before, yay!! We're doing a pre-wedding shoot on the Wednesday before the wedding :heart: We still need to choose music for the string trio to play at the ceremony, well I just need to choose what songs I want them to play while we sign the papers cos I've chosen the rest. My sister and I are going shopping this week to get a bracelet for me and earrings and a bracelet for the her and the bridesmaids. I'll probably get my underwear too seen as though I'll be trying on my dress on the weekend. Our other 2 sons tried their suits on last week and OMG they looked sssoooo adorable :D I still need to get them ring pillows. And I think thats about it for us, oh except the worst part..... paying the last of what we owe vendors :lol:

amberino21
Mrs Cupcake

Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:57 pm

Nixella, paying is the worst part isn't it!!! we've worked out how much is coming in, and how much is going out - and it's pretty much equal. so that means no splurging on extra non wedding things for the next 6 weeks (completely doable, but slightly stressful...)

your family troubles sound nearly as bad as ours. i really wish we could tell them all to bugger off and just elope with our friends. the family are the only ones complaining and causing problems! hope your dress fits - i'm sure it will! (maybe get some sucky in undies to help with your baby belly? a friend wore those when she was a BM 10 days after giving birth - they helped a lot and made her feel more comfortable

We were quite lucky - our home insurance bill came the other day, and it had an offer to change to direct debit fortnightly for no extra charge or premium - awesome! now instead of having to pay nearly $1k before the wedding on that, we only have to pay about $75 :)

I've updated a few things in my S&T...doing the waiting game at the moment for things to come in the post :)

Ali2011
I need a title
I need a title

Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:50 pm

How exciting nixella - hope everything goes great with your dress!! We have not even started looking at the our seating plan yet, you are so organised!!

I'll have to check out your S&T now amberino to see the updates :D

egl81
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:15 am

Hi Guys,

I'm another one that hasnt started the seating plan yet, I havent got long to go now and its one of the last things I have left to do. I actually havent organised the menu yet either!! 8O
Luckily as it gets closer to the wedding, some things are working out cheaper than planned or budgeted for, the major reason being that the guest list consists of 24 people!!! we invited 45 and most of the ones not coming are FH's relatives from overseas, they've had a lot of health problems in the family lately and some of them were over in December so its not surprising really. Also we just had to change our room for accomodation for before and after the wedding and that worked out to be about $60 less per night for a larger room!!! but theres no welcome port and canapes and cookies which we were OK with.
I'm sure something will end up costing us more though so we'll keep some of the money we saved aside for 'unexpected things'.
Good luck with the rest of your planning ladies, not long now :mrgreen: :mrgreen: !!

Bonni_Binx
Mrs Ranga
Mrs Ranga

Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:22 pm

I haven't done our seating plan yet - although with 3 weeks left till the rsvp I'm still waiting on three quarters of the rsvps!

I had my hens night (weekend) yesturday - my BM's are just the best in the world!! :heart:

Quick run down.. I'll put a more detailed story in my S&T when I have some photos.. (my camera went flat :( )

Saturday morning drove to Perth... went out for dinner Saturday night at Sala Thai in Freo with all my BMs and a few friends... Sunday lunch went to The Garden in Leederville for a couple of drinks... then got a surprise limo ride to the Future Music Festival !

I had the bestest weekend ever and it was just what I wanted (no sterotypical hens stuff) - all I wanted was = Good Friends :tick: , Good Music :tick: and Good Food :tick:

amberino21
Mrs Cupcake

Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:33 pm

Bonni_Binx wrote:
I haven't done our seating plan yet - although with 3 weeks left till the rsvp I'm still waiting on three quarters of the rsvps!

I had my hens night (weekend) yesturday - my BM's are just the best in the world!! :heart:

Quick run down.. I'll put a more detailed story in my S&T when I have some photos.. (my camera went flat :( )

Saturday morning drove to Perth... went out for dinner Saturday night at Sala Thai in Freo with all my BMs and a few friends... Sunday lunch went to The Garden in Leederville for a couple of drinks... then got a surprise limo ride to the Future Music Festival !

I had the bestest weekend ever and it was just what I wanted (no sterotypical hens stuff) - all I wanted was = Good Friends :tick: , Good Music :tick: and Good Food :tick:

sounds awesome, bonni!! :) glad you had a great weekend x

we haven't done our seating plan either - still waiting on RSVP's, due on Friday - hurry up, people! The bridal table is done - FH, me, BM x2 and their husbands (joint MC's), GM and his wife. I think the rest may be tricky..

naomi_j86
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:05 pm

DF and I had out 'hucks' night this weekend. It was the most fun we've ever had!!
The scavenger hunt was a HUGE hit! Everyone thoroughly enjoyed it and want to do it again.
We then went out for dinner, played laser tag and then hit the club for cocktails! We had security guards serenading us, and left as the club closed.
We have the best photos!! And one of our amazing friends came to celebrate with us with a 4 DAY OLD baby!

i've got all my RSVPs back. I had to chase up 3 people. We've ended up saving $1.5K on people who can't come! (We invited 80, but only 50 are coming). I only have issues with 1 table - I have room for 10 people, but need to seat 11. Will see if the reception venue can do anything for us!

Hope everything is coming together for all the other April brides!
~Naomi.

nixella
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:01 am

8O O.M.G only 29 days to go!!! :heart:

amberino21
Mrs Cupcake

Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:40 am

nixella wrote:

SHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

bronmelbourne
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:50 pm

amberino21 wrote:
nixella wrote:

SHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Agreed!!! :D

kazza76

Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:30 pm

lol. Tell me about it. It's soooo close now. Went and paid for our cake and made the final payment on the reception centre. So I am officially poor now lol. Tomorrow I am going up to Sydney to get the wedding chocolates and put the table favours together tomorrow night while FH is at his bucks day. :D

The last minute drama's are starting to happen with family bickering, people having their own drama's going on and now may not be able to make the wedding. My mum driving me nuts by being pushy. Thank goodness I on ly pland on doing this once!!

Ali2011
I need a title
I need a title

Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:30 am

naomi_j86 wrote:
Oh my gosh! I am starting to get stressed out! My wedding is in 12 weeks!!

And my wedding nightmares have started too!

The big things are all done, it's the gazillion smaller things I still need to work on.
~Naomi.

I now understand what you mean about wedding nightmares - I had my first one last night. Perhaps I am worried about my dress fitting because in my nightmare they had messed up all the alterations and cut off my train. I am also worried about my wedding ring - it is a white gold band that is supposed to be identical to my engagement ring but without the diamond. The problem is it is a bit wider than my engagement ring so we are going to take it back to the jeweller to see if it can be changed before the wedding. I hope I am not overreacting.

naomi_j86
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:29 pm

Ali2011 wrote:
I am also worried about my wedding ring - it is a white gold band that is supposed to be identical to my engagement ring but without the diamond. The problem is it is a bit wider than my engagement ring so we are going to take it back to the jeweller to see if it can be changed before the wedding. I hope I am not overreacting.

I hope your wedding ring got sorted!

Tomorrow is my Kitchen Tea. I'm so excited! Because DF and I had a "hucks night", we didn't play any games, so that is what tomorrow is all about! Lots of lovely ladies wearing pretty dresses, yummy food, and tacky games!

My bridesmaids and I hit the op shops today to find horrid dresses to wear for a little while tomorrow. I can't even describe the awful-ness of one of them, it's so hysterical!

Hope everyone else has a lovely weekend!

Bring on the toilet paper to play the silly wedding dress game!
~Naomi.
P.S - 2 weeks for me!

Ali2011
I need a title
I need a title

Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:21 pm

naomi_j86 wrote:
Ali2011 wrote:
I am also worried about my wedding ring - it is a white gold band that is supposed to be identical to my engagement ring but without the diamond. The problem is it is a bit wider than my engagement ring so we are going to take it back to the jeweller to see if it can be changed before the wedding. I hope I am not overreacting.

I hope your wedding ring got sorted!

Tomorrow is my Kitchen Tea. I'm so excited! Because DF and I had a "hucks night", we didn't play any games, so that is what tomorrow is all about! Lots of lovely ladies wearing pretty dresses, yummy food, and tacky games!

My bridesmaids and I hit the op shops today to find horrid dresses to wear for a little while tomorrow. I can't even describe the awful-ness of one of them, it's so hysterical!

Hope everyone else has a lovely weekend!

Bring on the toilet paper to play the silly wedding dress game!
~Naomi.
P.S - 2 weeks for me!

Have an awesome time at your Kitchen Tea. My ring is all sorted out now (see my S&T to see the new ring with my engagement ring). I am off to Melbourne tomorrow to look for a dress for my mum for the wedding. Fingers crossed we have success. 4 weeks to go for me!!

kazza76

Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:56 pm

So with about 10 days to go, I feel like everything is fast aproaching and I suddenly want to hit the breaks and while I can't wait for the day, to have another couple of months wouldn't be such a bad thing either. Does anyone else feel this way? Or is this what they call "cold feet" lol

naomi_j86
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:08 am

AAAAHHHHH! My wedding day is tomorrow!!

I'm also freaking everyone out, it's April Fool's Day, so I've popped a picture up of a baby ultrasound on my Facebook page! LOL!

Ali2011
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:03 pm

Have an awesome day tomorrow!!! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

bronmelbourne
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:50 pm

naomi_j86 wrote:
AAAAHHHHH! My wedding day is tomorrow!!

I'm also freaking everyone out, it's April Fool's Day, so I've popped a picture up of a baby ultrasound on my Facebook page! LOL!

Hope you have a fantastic day tomorrow Naomi!!

kazza76

Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:52 pm

lol. Just take a big deep breath and take it all in. Good luck tomorrow!!! Love the idea of the baby scan pic. I was going to put on FB that the wedding was off :lol: But then thought if people took me seriously, they would get a little annoyed at me for playing april fools.

Wow it's our month ladies!! And with 8 days to go, I think it's time to start breathing into the brown paper bag!!!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.18