A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

jodieo88
Princess Fitz
Princess Fitz

Re: April 2011

Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:54 pm

You could do the 5' 7" pocketfold? (the rectanglo)
http://www.cardsandpockets.com/index.as ... tegory=105

(I just checked cos I am weird like that) apparently the 5*7 should only cost 55cents so long as it doesn't weigh too much.

Did you find anything you liked?

Bonni_Binx
Mrs Ranga
Mrs Ranga

Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:45 am

Yeah when I ordered the sample I ordered the metalic pocket fold... I've definately decided on the flat black rather than metallic... and I'm going to go with a ivory rather than white cardstock on the inside. I want it to be fairly simple and classic... I like the belly band with the monogram as well but I'm not 100% on the monogram bit yet.

I just tried printing on a test peice of card stock and I have no idea what Im doind :oops: Think I'm going to have to ask Lord Google for some tutorials to help!

I like the way the Signature one has the inserts lined up vertically rather than the horizontal of the Rectangolo - I thought anything over the standard size card is $1.10? I might have to do more research on that one... thanks for the heads up though :)

amberino21
Mrs Cupcake

Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:38 pm

Bonnie, if you go to the Australia post website, you can put the size/weight details if your item in to calculate postage :)

i checked out the 5x7 pocketfolds too, and it was 55c if not too heavy/thick. I'm not sure what the weight would be once all of the inserts were in though!

bella_bec
♥ Hubby's Pumpkin ♥
♥ Hubby's Pumpkin ♥

Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:35 am

One year today yay......i would be walking down the aisle right now next year :D

Bella C

Tue May 04, 2010 12:49 pm

Yup, less than a year to go now!! OMG so much to do still, argh..

LR
Formerly known as lizzyrose

Tue May 04, 2010 2:25 pm

Bella, I'm the opposite. I want it to be closer so I can organise/buy the last things to get! I have several things that I want to wait a few months before the wedding to buy because knowing me, I'll change my mind between now and then and hence, if I buy them now, I won't want them by the wedding... :roll:

Bella C

Tue May 04, 2010 2:46 pm

I totally understand what you mean. I only feel that it's a bit bad being less than a year away because I know just how fast the time will fly for me!

But other than that I'm very very excited for it to all happen :D

What date are you getting married? I've yet to book my celebrant and the car, so those are the two most important things to do next.. Car will probably be booked soon though, and I WILL have the celebrant booked around the July bridal expo I want to go to, so I guess with 8 or 9 months to go that leaves time still to allow for complications!

All of it is so exciting hehe

LR

Tue May 04, 2010 2:58 pm

Hey Bella, we have our celebrant and photographer booked already. We also have a 'backup' venue booked (long story, basically we booked and now I've changed my mind... :roll: ) and am in talks with our new venue so that should be done shortly. Not too many other big things that need to be done, especially as I'm DIYing a lot of stuff (cake, invites, flowers, decorations).

Our wedding is on the 12th April, so plenty of time (I hope). Although, I'm freaking out that I am not going to be able to find a dress in time! So I feel your anxiety in that respect!! But being I have heaps of stuff on this year, I've told myself I need to focus on the other stuff before I can organise the minor details of the wedding. But wedding stuff is SO MUCH MORE FUN!! :P

Bella C

Tue May 04, 2010 3:53 pm

DEFINITELY more fun! ;)

I have the reception venue, and photographer booked also, and I am pretty sure I know the dress I want so it's just a matter of getting some money together for the deposit, then I can order it! Woohoo, it's a bit modern but still very elegant I think.. just gorgeous. Personally I find I have to not look at TOO many dresses as it's hard to make up my mind. So I would never be worried about finding a gown that looked good that I liked- only worry about deciding between the 5 that I 'love' so much each haha :roll: There's just too many gorgeous looks with their own style! Good luck gown hunting, so much fun trying the dresses on.

Now, sorry sorry sorry for the wall of text here, but I'm just bursting to share this idea with people that my fiance and I have!
We have joked around for a while that because our venue is on a kind of cliff edge (giving it a brilliant view) that if he got cold feet at any point he could just run and jump off the edge with a parachute on his back lmao.
Well, he's obviously not going to do THAT, but we scaled back the idea to where we've now decided it will be brilliant to let the guests think that the guys are coming in a limo, like myself the bride will be. Instead even the boys will be surprised with.. a helicopter ride! Haha! The guests won't be expecting it, they'll be standing outside while waiting for ME to arrive.. Then we thought it would be even funnier to cue the Mission Impossible theme music, when the helicopter starts to land, so the boys will be climbing out of the chopper to that music! ;)

Thoughts?! I hope people don't say it's tacky, since it's more the surprise element for a fun 'WOW' factor, that we thought it was a great idea. We will be taking our wedding and marriage seriously of course, but we like to have fun and have a laugh when we can :mrgreen:

LR

Tue May 04, 2010 6:13 pm

Ha! I think that is a great idea - especially with the MI theme music.

I wouldn't worry too much about whether your guests will think it is tacky. One person's tacky is another person's glamour. Besides, if you and FH love it, then that is all that matters. I think it sounds like you will inject a bit of personality into your wedding that will keep your guests talking!

Bella C

Tue May 04, 2010 10:44 pm

Yay! That's what I thought, get people talking, hehe.

Bonni_Binx
Mrs Ranga
Mrs Ranga

Thu May 06, 2010 2:10 pm

What a great idea Bella - everyone will remeber your wedding!!! I'm trying to add things here and there to make mine a wedding to remember and one that stands out from the rest... wish we had a cliff face!!

amberino21
Mrs Cupcake

Thu May 06, 2010 9:27 pm

it's not tacky....but if it's too close everyone will get windswept (good bye hairstyles) and you wont be able to hear the music!

i'm sure it'd be awesome for your FH and groomsmen...maybe not so great for the guests..

Bella C

Thu May 06, 2010 10:18 pm

MY hair won't be messed up since I'll be in the limo still... hahaha :P

But seriously, if it was me watching it all happen as a guest, I wouldn't care about my hair getting a little messy- it would be so funny to see that that's all I'd be thinking about I reckon! :)

Chopper lands about 50m away I think, it's not right near the people as obviously that wouldn't be safe and they wouldn't allow it. I'm confident it will all be fine, even if the music isn't audible the whole time, I just want it to be heard for at least a few seconds so that people get it, hehe.

jodieo88
Princess Fitz
Princess Fitz

Fri May 07, 2010 11:20 am

Hi Ladies! Everyone seems to be getting organised! I LOVE the chopper idea!
Get_20to_20the_20Choppa.JPG

I'm in a bit of a funk atm, I may not be an April bride anymore, as we may be bringing the wedding forward :/

Oh well though, we'll see!

xxx

Bella C

Fri May 07, 2010 1:00 pm

That pic is so cute, haha :D

Oh gosh, bringing the wedding forward! I think I'd freak out if I had to do that, lol.
Can't believe there's LESS than 11 months to go for me now.. Eeeep! 8O Just even saying the words '10 months' doesn't bode well for me, as now it's well and truly under the one year left counter.

Things still left to sort out:
  • Book in Celebrant
  • Book in Limo
  • Order bridal gown
  • Decide bridesmaids dress colour!

That last one.. I'm SO terrible. :| I keep changing my mind on the dress colours, I've gone through SO many different ideas that I'm starting to think maybe I should flip a coin, leave it to fate to decide :P

amberino21
Mrs Cupcake

Fri May 07, 2010 1:48 pm

I have two ideas for BM dress colours...but it depends on the colour I choose for my own dress. The whole colour scheme of the wedding will remain the same no matter what though :) one BM may be pregnant by the wedding too (she's keen to wait until after but her husband wants to start now!)

I have realized that I should start thinking about ordering pockets etc for invites. I want them to go out in the beginning of December...and it'll take my perfectionist self an age to make them!

Bella C

Fri May 07, 2010 3:19 pm

Does that mean you're sending OUT your invites to people at the beginning of December??

Am I timing things wrong? 8O I was going to do so just 8 weeks before the wedding..

LR

Fri May 07, 2010 7:02 pm

Jodie, we would miss you but can always stalk you in your new month or on your S&T. :twisted:

Hope you are doing ok.

amberino21
Mrs Cupcake

Fri May 07, 2010 11:13 pm

Bella C wrote:
Does that mean you're sending OUT your invites to people at the beginning of December??

Am I timing things wrong? 8O I was going to do so just 8 weeks before the wedding..

we are - but our wedding is out of town for everyone!!! we have group accommodation, but people may want to find their own so i want them to have plenty of time to work it out (we have some groups of friends who might find a house to fit them all for example, instead of having to pay for hotel rooms)
GZIP: On | Load: 0.12