A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Bella C

Re: April 2011

Sat May 08, 2010 3:36 am

Ah ok, fair enough then. Phew, I was a bit worried for a minute!!

If there's no big reason to give extra notice, that's the standard time though, right? Bout 8 weeks notice?
Doh, now I'm going to be paranoid wondering if I'm giving people enough time, hehe.. :lol:

LR
Formerly known as lizzyrose

Sat May 08, 2010 9:11 am

I did a google search and came up with a couple of web sites that says 8 weeks is the traditional period of time.

But how am I going to wait another 9 months to send them!! That means I should only start DIYing in 7 or 8 months!!!

jodieo88
Princess Fitz
Princess Fitz

Sat May 08, 2010 11:00 am

I think ours will go out at christmas, that gives people 3.5 months notice. I am doing this because I like to know whats going on and I don't think 8 weeks is enough notice IYKWIM?

amberino21
Mrs Cupcake

Sat May 08, 2010 2:57 pm

jodieo88 wrote:
I think ours will go out at christmas, that gives people 3.5 months notice. I am doing this because I like to know whats going on and I don't think 8 weeks is enough notice IYKWIM?

i'm the same! even if our wedding was in town, i'd still give people 3 months notice :)

LR

Sat May 08, 2010 10:05 pm

Oh good! I was considering having them done by Christmas so we could hand deliver them when we visit family interstate over the Christmas holidays.

Sounds like we are starting a movement to have them out earlier!

Bella C

Sat May 08, 2010 11:35 pm

Ohhhh, but I just told my invitations lady to have them ready to be posted at 8 weeks out.. :(

Wish I'd brought this up earlier, lol.

amberino21
Mrs Cupcake

Sat May 08, 2010 11:39 pm

Bella C wrote:
Ohhhh, but I just told my invitations lady to have them ready to be posted at 8 weeks out.. :(

Wish I'd brought this up earlier, lol.

haha...that's the benefit of having just under a year to go...I'm sure you could change the date without too much hassle :)

Candyt99

Sat May 15, 2010 4:18 pm

Hi! I've been over on the ACT thread but thought now it's less than a year I'd join this thread. We're planning our wedding for 15th April, though we haven't booked anything yet *gulp*! We've been waiting on a quote from one of our preferred venues. Now we have to make the decisions! At least we're on a Friday so hopefully that will make it easier.

So far we have the celebrant organised (but not booked, though I've told her the date) and my talented friends are on board for make-up, hair and cake. I'm not worried about my dress as I know what I want and if I can't find it I know a dressmaker.

I can't decide on a colour scheme! I was set on burnt orange or persimmon (autumn theme sort of) but FH didn't like it so I said I'd do teal but I still really like the autumn colours idea.

Anyway, booking the venues is our top priority at the moment. Most of our guests are coming from interstate so we want to send out StDs. We'll send our invites out early too so people can book flights! We haven't even done our engagement party yet, even tho we got engaged at Xmas. In between him working days, me working nights, sharing the care of our 3 year old, his sporting and my uni committments... not only does the time fly but it's hard to find time to organise this wedding! No wonder one of the first things I did was look into elopement packages! hehehe!

Bella C

Sat May 15, 2010 6:19 pm

For someone who hasn't got anything booked yet, you do sound like you've got it all under control still! :)

I'm sure it will all be good. Have you thought about going for a more soft version of the colours you were thinking?
Just because it does strike me as a very bold colour scheme, and if it's a bit TOO bold for your FH, then softening the colours with just a tad of the burnt orange thrown in for detail, might be a nice compromise. Surely he'll be willing to compromise a little if you tell him it's what you REALLY love? :)

Candyt99

Thu May 20, 2010 6:25 pm

Unfortunately I'm a bold colours kind of girl! Pastels don't suit me at all. I think I could probably compromise with a faded persimmon. I think it's mainly that when I've seen weddings or wedding photos, the ones with bright colour schemes really stand out for me.

What are others doing for colours? Do people work more around colour schemes or themes like vintage, beach, 1940s etc?

amberino21
Mrs Cupcake

Thu May 20, 2010 6:45 pm

I think splashes of bold colour look great...especially two colours working together..

We're sticking to a colour scheme- black, white, silver/grey and a touch of pale pink..

Bella C

Fri May 21, 2010 12:55 am

Hmmm, not sure what else you can do, aside from talking with your man a bit more hehe! Maybe he'll come around..

As for colours.. ECK! I am so completely indecisive that it's not funny, it's almost painful :roll: I have changed my mind quite a bit with different colours, and I think it's just because I'm not stuck on a colour so much as I could be stuck on the overall look of the wedding- I want something elegant, something soft I think. I'd say I'm probably the opposite with the bold colours, as I find softer colours more appealing when it comes to dress sense anyway.. so the Bridesmaids prob won't be in hot pink, haha!

I have decided on my wedding dress and I think I'm going to try centre things around that instead, if that makes sense.. There are little pearls and shiny bits down the middle of it and I think I want to keep these going throughout the wedding if I can :)

Hopefully what I have envisioned will all turn out lovely!

nixella
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri May 21, 2010 1:00 pm

Wow, theres been so many posts since I was last in here.

Bella C - I :heart: the helicopter idea. Our boys are arriving in a helicopter as well (minus the music) :D

I went bridesmaid dress shopping yesterday as my maid of honour is going overseas in a couple of weeks and won't be back in Australia in time to order a dress. I was actually shocked to see that there were so many ugly dresses :? Maybe I'm just fussy or something. Anyway, I've chosen the dress and colour and will be ordering them once my other bridesmaid texts me her measurements :D :D :D

Bella C

Fri May 21, 2010 2:38 pm

Ahh nixella, that's awesome you've got a chopper too! Hehehe. Is it going to be a surprise for your guests, or are you letting people know about it? :)

I know what you mean about there being some horrible dress choices out there, lol. There are a few shops I've yet to look in that I hope I might find something in. There's alot that I've seen that I love the look of, but I don't want to pick anything until I see it on one of the girls, make sure it's flattering in all the right ways! :wink:

By the way, for all April brides- I know that the bridal dress is more important so you need more time, but what do you think is the latest I should leave ordering bridesmaids dresses..? Keeping in mind that not much will get done over the Christmas period, should I definitely have them ordered by the end of this year? Once they're ordered I only need to make sure they fit the girls, right?

I was thinking 4 or 5 months out is plenty of time to have them sorted out, but I'm never 100% sure on the time-line of ordering these things :mrgreen:

amberino21
Mrs Cupcake

Fri May 21, 2010 4:29 pm

I think 4-5 month is heaps of time.

I need to decide what colour I'm wearing...and one BM and her husband have started talking about getting pregnant...so want to wait until closer to the day. I've found one i really like (and one BM has tried on and liked) but we may go and look for other options..

nixella
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri May 21, 2010 7:55 pm

I was told to allow a minimum of 4 months for BM dresses to come in once you've ordered them.

Our family know about the helicopter. We do have a surprise for our guests that only my fiance and I know about though :wink:

Bella C

Sat May 22, 2010 11:26 am

Oooh, intrigue! Can you tell us or is it too risky that someone you know might read this, hehe.. ? :D

nixella
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun May 23, 2010 5:27 pm

Bella C wrote:
Oooh, intrigue! Can you tell us or is it too risky that someone you know might read this, hehe.. ? :D

We're having fireworks :D

I've booked my hair and make-up. Yay, another thing off the list 8)

Candyt99

Thu May 27, 2010 10:39 pm

Oooh Nixella - fireworks!! That's awesome! How do you organise that?

Candyt99

Thu May 27, 2010 10:44 pm

BTW we booked our reception venue! It's outside which is probably risky but the area is surrounded by tall glass partitions and there are large permanent umbrellas covering much of the space which have heaters underneath so unless it pours we'll be fine. It also has an amazing view of Lake Burley Griffin and, my favourite thing about Canberra, all the deciduous trees around the lake will be in full Autumn colour!

Have also booked the celebrant - a lovely lady I know through work, she's tiny and has a Scottish accent and I have heard great reviews about her. Have also booked a photobooth which I'm pumped about! Now onto the other million little details... woo!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.54