A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

mini_k27
♥ Soon to be Mrs D ♥
♥ Soon to be Mrs D ♥

Re: May 2011

Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:29 pm

Hi Bride0511, we are wedding day twins! Actually there are a few of us now I think getting married on 7th May. Don't worry about being less organised than some of us at this point, I kinda wish I had less time to plan because now I feel like I'm sitting here twiddling my thumbs for the next 6 months. I'm having artificial realtouch bouquets, so I'm not really sure about the flower quotes you got but they seem excessive to me. I could be totally wrong though.

All you ladies should go add your wedding dates to the calendar, there's not many listed for May 2011 yet!

xxchloexx
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:58 pm

Im getting married 21st may 2011, in toowoomba. very excited.

mini_k27
♥ Soon to be Mrs D ♥
♥ Soon to be Mrs D ♥

Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:09 pm

Welcome chloe! How are your plans going?

xxchloexx
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:44 pm

haha pretty slow i think. i have the ceremony spot and reception spot booked. in the process of organising the decorations, now gotta find out about cakes and djs. very overwhelming

jacki.louise
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:17 pm

Hi ladies,

I'm a fellow May 2011 gal! We're having our wedding on Friday 20 May 2011 - we chose a Friday for a few reasons. a) Much cheaper! b) It meant we could choose the times that suited us without being pushed out of the church and photo locations early, which is quite common in Newcastle! c). FH's family are mostly in Coffs Harbour and it's a great excuse to get together over a weekend rather than them rushing down and rushing back home!

To give me a bit of an idea where I'm up to, I'm going to a bit of a checklist! sorry if it's long - let me know if I've missed anything important!

Church = St Augustine's Merewether - booked and deposit paid. Commencing at 2 - 2.30 or 2.45 (not 100% decided yet). We have an appointment in Nov. to meet with them and have (mandatory) counselling sessions etc.
Ceremony = Caves Beachside Resort. Booked and deposit paid. Thinking about having canapes served from 5 - 5.30pm so guests aren't left waiting too long and we will arrive around 6pm.
Dress = The Big D. Have it, love it. Perfect!
Bridal Party = Getting there. Girls have picked dress, just need to suss out colours and then organise Flower girls x 2 from there. Boys will more than likely hire.
Flowers = I've found a lovely lady who only does wedding flowers! Very reasonably priced, just sussing out details as to floral centrepieces.
Cake = We've picked it out and I've emailed the lady. Need to arrange a tasting and pay deposit.
Cars = Using a friend's car (beautiful Holden EH sedan). Trying to contact local car club to see if we can get the same cars for the others vehicles. Otherwise, we'll just hire commodores.
Honeymoon = a week in Fiji!! My parents have a timeshare which includes Fiji and they've given us a week as part of our wedding present! Can't wait, we've never been overseas, very excited. Flights booked (thank you Jetstar sale!). Just need to get Passports sorted which is proving more annoying than I thought - I have to provide my mum's full birth certificate because I was born after 1986. Grr!!
Invitations = Save the Date cards sent a few months ago (vistaprint). Thinking about DIY'ing but not too sure. Will depend upon budget constraints lol.
Entertainment= A lady from work's son is an amazing guitarist/singer. We had him for the engagement party and everyone loved him and were up dancing all night so we got him again! FH's family are all big lovers of dancing (it's the country coming out in them lol) so we've got all the dance floor space that the venue has.

Ok, that'll do for now! Sorry again that it's so long! x :roll:

sharmy
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:03 am

Hi guys Im getting married May 2011 in Fiji! Hows all your plans coming along. I have my dress and am slowly working out the bridesmaids dresses but its hard to find things and know if i have missed anything. We have our engagement party in 2 weeks which is a little nerve racking how did you all cope

mini_k27
♥ Soon to be Mrs D ♥
♥ Soon to be Mrs D ♥

Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:29 am

Hi jacki.louise, something I don't see on your list is a photographer... great work on all the other stuff so far!

kyiee81
Smiley Kylie
Smiley Kylie

Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:50 pm

Hi everyone *waves* I am getting married on 7 May 2011 so I already know there are a few wedding twins in this thread and on WC! So far pretty organised and I have clear vision in my head of how i want the day. FH has been pretty good (well as good as a man can be lol) helping plan things too which has been fun! So far we have booked...

dress, venue and reception, accommodation, transport, photographer, string quartet, dj, florist are all booked and butterfly release too...just the cake and hair and make up to be booked! I have decided on favours, themes, colours etc so pretty much only the fidly things left to do. MOH is a graphic designer so she is doing all the designing of paper stuff.... so so lucky on that one!

Its been an up and down road to picking our date. originally it was a small wedding in fiji but my mum passed away suddenly in march and she was really into the fiji idea and it just didn't seem the same wedding anymore without her, so after a bit of time we decided to do a small wedding closer to home. it has been a good thing for me to focus on and starting from scratch has made it all exciting and fun. Had a few teary moments as both mum and dad have passed away (dad when i was 21) but my BM are excellent and supportive and childhood friends so understand just what i need. My MOH parents have been in my life since i was 5 so I have decided they can be some surrogate parents on the day :D

Instead of having someone give me away FH is meeting me at the horse and carriage and getting me down and we will walk together :heart: :heart:

I am slowly becoming addicted to WC and i look forward to going on the journey with everyone else here :D :heart:

mini_k27
♥ Soon to be Mrs D ♥
♥ Soon to be Mrs D ♥

Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:03 pm

Hi kyiee81! Your plans sound great so far, I'm pretty much the same as you - mostly the fiddly stuff to go. I'm sorry to hear about your mum, I can totally understand why you changed from your fiji plans. Have you started a S&T yet? Pretty please do one my wedding twin!

kyiee81
Smiley Kylie
Smiley Kylie

Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:24 pm

yep! its called kyiee81's country glamour 7/5/2011 I will try and work out how to link it! :D

kyiee81
Smiley Kylie
Smiley Kylie

Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:25 pm

Princess_Haylei
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:29 pm

Majorblazecondah wrote:
mini_k27 wrote:
Welcome Major! How are all your plans coming along? Some people might not be able to make a Friday afternoon, but I'm sure the people who really want to be there will make sure they can attend. I would love a reason to take a Friday afternoon off work!

Hey mini,

Our plans are slowly getting there. We've had a few years to collect ideas, but just starting to settle on things. Bought table decorations today. We opted for mirror tiles with candle holder and tea light candle. Looking at buying table cloths soon...does anyone know any sites that sell just plain white rectangle ones? Most places charge $10 to hire each one (and you've got to return it clean within 24 hrs), and I'm sure decent looking ones wouldn't be much dearer than $10 to buy? I've looked at ebay, but can only find the one seller...feel free to suggest :)

Hi Major we got mirrors a pack of 4 for $15 from a cheapo shop like a dollar shop or something they're the perfect size too 12" by 12"

sharmy
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:41 am

Im also getting married in May 2011 but n 24th in Fiji. Dont worry about not being a white bride. My cousin got married in a black wedding dress that she had made by her MIL and although her own mother thought she was going to look like a saloon girl she pulled it off and looked gorgeous! Go for it

kyiee81
Smiley Kylie
Smiley Kylie

Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:48 pm

yay sharmy another may bride! :heart: :heart:

Karsza

Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:26 pm

I am also a May 2011 bride - 6th May to be exact - had to choose a Friday because all the Saturdays are booked until the end of May which is no good as my sister/BM is due in June!! lol. AND I would like to have children ASAP - hence an early date - that makes our engagement only 6-7 months I think.
Photographer, venue and music booked!!!! :tick:

I LOVE weddings so I am extra super excited about arranging my own!!!!

Any others on May 6th 2011??? 5+6 =11 :lol:

mini_k27
♥ Soon to be Mrs D ♥
♥ Soon to be Mrs D ♥

Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:40 pm

Welcome Karsza, congrats on your engagement and wedding plans. I don't think I've heard/seen anybody else on the forum with a wedding date of 6th May so you may be the first & only! There are about four of us who are getting married the day after you, including me.

Have you bought/organised your dress yet? If not then I'd be getting on to that ASAP. Sometimes they can take 6+ months if you need to order it (as opposed to buying off the rack).

kyiee81
Smiley Kylie
Smiley Kylie

Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:10 pm

welcome karsza :D so exciting that another May bride has joined WC! I agree with Mini - ordering of dresses can take ages! I look forward to watching yours come together! :heart:

apk
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:16 pm

Hi Everyone,

I had so many ideas from reading this forum. My FH and I are getting married on the 1st May 2011. We choose that date so FH can remember our annivesary.

Had the followings done
-paid deposit for ceremony and reception, having both on a vessel cruising around Sydney harbour
-bought my dress, just to get it altered
-a friend offered to lend me her veil as something borrowed
-engagement invites printed out and ready to be mailed. Engagement Party to be on 29th January 2011

Lots more to do. Stressing out a bit last night, FH had to calm me down.

cheers,
apk

bellarose70

Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:01 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am also getting married on 1st May 2011. Very nerve racking as its only 5 months to go! We have been engaged for 1.5 years already, but have been slack upto now!

So far we have booked the reception, church, flowers, photography and band. I'm in the process of getting my wedding dress made (having my 1st fitting on monday!)

We are currently in the process of deciding where to go for our honeymoon. We are thinking of 7 days in Fiji. We are alittle clueless when it comes to choosing good honeymoon locations and resorts so if anyone has any feedback I would really appreciate it!

Goodluck with your big days!

xxchloexx
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:23 pm

hey ladies, i dunno if i have commented on here before. Im getting married May 21st
GZIP: On | Load: 0.26