A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

  • 1
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
 
User avatar
Kimbers
I survived and got married
I survived and got married
Posts: 331
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:25 pm

Re: May 2011

Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:33 pm

Hi all,
Just new so forgive me if i have slightly missed some info, i have tried to read this thread as i am a 7th May bride :D I believe there are a few of us now. Getting married in Sydney.

As you are all May brides perfect place to ask this, when are you all sending out your invites? I have obviously sent the Save the dates last year to all interstate guests. But invites? also when are you asking for RSVP's back by? Our reception need to know numbers but 2-3 weeks out so i was thinking 4th April for RSVP's as this will hopefully give me time to seat everyone at tables and follow up on any last minute non responders.

would love to know your thoughts..
 
mini_k27
♥ Soon to be Mrs D ♥
♥ Soon to be Mrs D ♥
Posts: 3012
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:40 pm

Re: May 2011

Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:11 pm

Hi Kimbers, welcome. I'm hoping to send my invites out early-mid February and make the RSVP date at the end of March. I need to give numbers to the venue 2 weeks prior but like you I want more time to chase up late responses, prepare my seating plan, chart etc. Also my birthday is at the end of March so I have made that my RSVP deadline!
 
User avatar
Kimbers
I survived and got married
I survived and got married
Posts: 331
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:25 pm

Re: May 2011

Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:18 pm

Just a question to all those 7th May Brides, is anyone having trouble finding a florist or getting a florist to do the flowers as it is mothers day the next day. I have now been to 4 places and it is starting to panic me, 1 place said they would do it and are yet to send through booking details i have chased them up since November, 1 place was like i guess we can squeeze you in but you would have to pick them up Friday night (clearly they aren't going to put a great deal of effort in). and 2 other places are yet to respond to my enquiry. Starting to get rather worried :?
 
mini_k27
♥ Soon to be Mrs D ♥
♥ Soon to be Mrs D ♥
Posts: 3012
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:40 pm

Re: May 2011

Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:31 pm

i'm not very much help on that one kimbers as we are having artificial bouquets.
 
User avatar
LesLeigh
I survived and got married
I survived and got married
Posts: 345
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:30 pm

Re: May 2011

Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:06 am

I didn't have a problem, but my cousin is a florist and she is doing ours!
 
User avatar
Kimbers
I survived and got married
I survived and got married
Posts: 331
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:25 pm

Re: May 2011

Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:31 pm

Hi Girls,
Just seeing how everyone is going with their plans, not long to go now :D
What do most people have left to do.
I really should start a S&T i have pictures of stuff just been lazy and not created one, although I don't know if 3 months out is a tad late to start one now?
 
User avatar
jacki.louise
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Posts: 246
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:45 pm

Re: May 2011

Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:53 pm

Hey Kimbers,

I'm a 20 May girl and am starting to freak out a little with how close it is! Everything is organised, paying for it is another drama altogether lol.

Still lots to do, finishing off our invites over the weekend and hoping to send them out in the next 2 weeks. Need to get passports sorted out (where did I hide FH's Birth Certificate!! :wink: ), get the bridesmaid dresses back (Duosheng), get my dress altered (March), sort out accommodation for the night (our venue wants to charge $400 for one night!) and get the Hen's Night stuff sorted with the MOH! Ehh...the more I think about it the more I realise how much I have left to do lol

How are you going? What's your list like - hope everything's all on track! x
 
User avatar
Sharz
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Posts: 396
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:12 pm

Re: May 2011

Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:06 pm

Hi Kimbers and Jacki. Louise

My wedding is 28th of May. I kind of forgot about this thread a little bit, til I just saw it pop up.

I dont think its too late to start a show & tell would love to see your plans!

I have just approved the proof for my invites and will be getting a sample in the next week or so. Hopefully will have them by mid Feb to post by the end of Feb. I have set my rsvp date to 16th April. Gives me 4-6 weeks to chase up and do final organising.

I still have to organise a cake, havent even looked into that yet.

Jacki.Louise you just reminded me in saying you need to get passport, I still need to get a visa.
 
User avatar
xxchloexx
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Posts: 244
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 3:11 pm

Re: May 2011

Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:16 pm

My wedding is May 21st and i sent the invites out last week. i made them all myself it was alot of effort.
i still got ring boy and flower girl outfits to sort out. alot of my things are DIY so i gotta start making it all..lol
 
apk
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Posts: 193
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:58 pm

Re: May 2011

Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:53 am

mini_k27 wrote:
i'm not very much help on that one kimbers as we are having artificial bouquets.


Hi,

would you mind telling me where you are getting your artificial boquets from please?

thanks,
Apk94
 
User avatar
sharmy
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Posts: 433
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:40 pm

Re: May 2011

Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:39 pm

Hi all im getting married on 24th May in fiji. Its getting so close isnt it for us all. How is everyones plans going?
 
User avatar
xxchloexx
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Posts: 244
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 3:11 pm

Re: May 2011

Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:25 pm

hey sharmy, wow in fiji thats awesome how is it going? plans are coming along for me, im getting married 21st may. its getting sooooooo close
 
User avatar
jacki.louise
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Posts: 246
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:45 pm

Re: May 2011

Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:20 pm

hey ladies!

Glad to hear everyone's plans are well under way! I can't believe how quickly it's coming up! Still feels likes there's so much to do (and pay for!).

Going shopping with the Mum's on Saturday to start hunting for their outfits. Fingers crossed we come home successful! x
 
User avatar
Kimbers
I survived and got married
I survived and got married
Posts: 331
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:25 pm

Re: May 2011

Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:18 pm

jacki.louise wrote:
hey ladies!

Glad to hear everyone's plans are well under way! I can't believe how quickly it's coming up! Still feels likes there's so much to do (and pay for!).

Going shopping with the Mum's on Saturday to start hunting for their outfits. Fingers crossed we come home successful! x


Hey Jackie.louise did you have any luck with the mums dresses. i got my mums dress from Queenspark, it may seem a little old fashioned from the outside but they had some really lovely dresses inside my mum was adimant she didn't want to look matronly ha-ha but she looks gorgeous and she was so thrilled with her dress.
 
User avatar
Kimbers
I survived and got married
I survived and got married
Posts: 331
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:25 pm

Re: May 2011

Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:19 pm

So our invites are getting printed this weekend and we pick them up on Wednesday i am so excited! We saw a proof last week and I'm really happy with them.

I Can't believe most of us have less than 3 months its so exciting and getting super close. :D
 
User avatar
Sharz
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Posts: 396
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:12 pm

Re: May 2011

Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:03 am

ooh how exciting!! My invitations will be ready next week too! Cant wait to post them, finally feels real.

What else have you got left to do Kimbers?

I am really worried cos my reception venue flooded (brisbane) and they were reopening March 28 which I thought fine plenty of time, but now its not opening til April 28 and our wedding is May 28. Cutting it fine.
 
User avatar
jacki.louise
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Posts: 246
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:45 pm

Re: May 2011

Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:47 pm

Kimbers wrote:
Hey Jackie.louise did you have any luck with the mums dresses. i got my mums dress from Queenspark, it may seem a little old fashioned from the outside but they had some really lovely dresses inside my mum was adimant she didn't want to look matronly ha-ha but she looks gorgeous and she was so thrilled with her dress.


Hey Kimbers,

It was a long day, but we got 1 from 2. My mum found hers at DJ's Kotara. It's Mr K dress, 3/4 length and a grey/slate colour with an embroidered neck. It's style5239 if anyone wants to check it out (Can't find a pic anywhere and the website has locked pics) :D

FH's mum was the most difficult - she found a dress which was absolutely stunning. She's a 50+ woman with a figure I would die for lol. This dress looked stunning on her but was a little $$$. It was going to be around $350.00, which I thought wasn't too bad. She's talking about going to Sydney if she doesn't find anything...I'm not sure how travelling to Sydney will save you money but anyhoo lol.

Now I need to get my dress sorted. I had it made overseas and it's too big, so there is some fairly serious alterations to be done to my fully embroidered top. Going to take the dress to the lady in the next few weeks so that I have plenty of time to get it sorted. Ehh, not keen on getting the quote for how much it's going to cost me!

How is everyone's plans going?!
 
User avatar
Kimbers
I survived and got married
I survived and got married
Posts: 331
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:25 pm

Re: May 2011

Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:54 pm

Sharz wrote:
ooh how exciting!! My invitations will be ready next week too! Cant wait to post them, finally feels real.

What else have you got left to do Kimbers?

I am really worried cos my reception venue flooded (brisbane) and they were reopening March 28 which I thought fine plenty of time, but now its not opening til April 28 and our wedding is May 28. Cutting it fine.


Oh that is fine but it is still a month grace, think of it in a positive though it will be all nicely renovated for your wedding :) i know there isn't much positivity as iwould be stressing but at least the place will look nice. have you asked what plans they have in place in case it isn't ready. i was only thinking that the other day imagine being a bride during those floods, I think i would have cried.

We had our menu tasting today Yum! so that is sorted. I need to get hair and make-up trials done although i have booked the place for the day already then i have to get final dress fitting, in terms of booking stuff nothing else i don't think so i am relaxing and then i go OMG i have to start doing all the details like where for photos what photos, how i want my hair, what music we want playing i think it is so deceptive as to you think you have everything booked all good then its all the details so i think i will start to stress soon. Is anyone else over whelmed with all the finer details that have to be done?

Sharz is there much else you have to book or is it mainly details too?
jacki.louise wrote:
Kimbers wrote:
Hey Jackie.louise did you have any luck with the mums dresses. i got my mums dress from Queenspark, it may seem a little old fashioned from the outside but they had some really lovely dresses inside my mum was adimant she didn't want to look matronly ha-ha but she looks gorgeous and she was so thrilled with her dress.



Hey Kimbers,

It was a long day, but we got 1 from 2. My mum found hers at DJ's Kotara. It's Mr K dress, 3/4 length and a grey/slate colour with an embroidered neck. It's style5239 if anyone wants to check it out (Can't find a pic anywhere and the website has locked pics) :D

FH's mum was the most difficult - she found a dress which was absolutely stunning. She's a 50+ woman with a figure I would die for lol. This dress looked stunning on her but was a little $$$. It was going to be around $350.00, which I thought wasn't too bad. She's talking about going to Sydney if she doesn't find anything...I'm not sure how travelling to Sydney will save you money but anyhoo lol.

Now I need to get my dress sorted. I had it made overseas and it's too big, so there is some fairly serious alterations to be done to my fully embroidered top. Going to take the dress to the lady in the next few weeks so that I have plenty of time to get it sorted. Ehh, not keen on getting the quote for how much it's going to cost me!

How is everyone's plans going?!


Oh youare so lovely to go dress shopping for FMIL I don't even dare ha-ha. that is swesoem that you got your mums though my mum eas prepared to pay $350 I was like why that much but she was happy regardless we ended gettign hers for a bargain i think it was like $110 or something.
 
User avatar
xxchloexx
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Posts: 244
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 3:11 pm

Re: May 2011

Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:20 pm

i send my invites out probably 2-3 weeks ago. i made them all myself. so once i was done i wanted them GONE..lol
 
Supers
Member
Member
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:44 pm

Re: May 2011

Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:13 pm

Hello all,

We were tossing up a May/June/July wedding but made the decision last Monday night that it's going to be at Kellybrook Winery (in Melbourne) on 7 May!
I know it was only 11 weeks away at that stage, but we're having a pretty casual lunchtime cocktail wedding, so was sure all would be ok.
Rang the winery on Tuesday morning to book it in, then jumped online to Vistaprint to order the invites (3 day rush job), which arrived by Friday morning, and I was posting invites by Friday afternoon.
So far - have tentatively booked an acoustic duo, booked makeup trial and for the day (I had one of those group buying site vouchers - $49 for 2 makeup and 2 spray tan sessions), booked a photobooth, got quote from florist who can do cupcakes as well.
Have met one photographer and one celebrant, but meetings this weekend with another photog and celebrant. Hoping to book these soon.
Meeting another cake maker for a quote next week too.
Dress is sorted - I'm not wearing a traditional dress, but rather a skirt, corset, jacket combo - which I had a dress/corsetmaker make for me - I contacted her in early Jan in anticipation, and it arrived last week.
Shoes are sorted too - they are distressed burgundy leather Victorian style lace up boots - in theme with what I am wearing.
  • 1
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
GZIP: On | Load: 0.13