A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Kimbers
I survived and got married

Re: May 2011

Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:28 pm

WOW Supers talk about stressful. i am freakin out now cause there is so much to arrange. That is so exciting though we share wedding dates! :D Are you getting excited, I haven't been really excited until about 2 weeks ago, big drama its in a post somewhere on this forum. anyway feeling excited now, I'm sure its bad and girls will go 'Oh you can't do that' but i tried on all my jewellery tonight for FH, I just want to feel excited and I am terrible at keeping secrets from him, I have had the jewellery for about a month now so i figured that it was a long wait ha-ha.
Your wedding sounds like it is going to be lovely. I cant' wait to hear more.

Kimbers

Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:06 pm

So I don't know if I have been living on another planet for the last 12 months but I have been like oh yeah plenty of time we had all this time and we were so organised we had just about everything booked sailing along and now all of a sudden everyone wants all the details to everything. I am starting to freak out. The wedding stuff is constantly running through my head 24/7. I know everyone says oh it just consumes your life towards the end but I honestly didn't believe them. Well a big whack of reality has hit me. 8O Is anyone else starting to fret with all the details they now need to decide or is it just me.
I must say I had a 'fretting moment' as I called it to our wedding reception coordinator this afternoon I rang her in panic that what if I don't have the minimum number, totally freaking out, she was so good though and its all fine, but just strange things I am having little OMG moments.
I'm hoping I'm not the only one.....am I? :?

Sharz
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:48 pm

[quote="Kimbers"] Is anyone else over whelmed with all the finer details that have to be done?

Sharz is there much else you have to book or is it mainly details too?[quote="Kimbers"]

Hey Kimbers,

yes totally overwhelmed at the thought of seating arrangements and all the finer details I hadn't even thought about like needing to contact the venue to let them know dietary requirements and all of that.

I just had a meeting on Friday with reception coordinator, he assured me the hotel would be open. We went through timing of the night and all the small details and picked the menu but we cant have a tasting until after the hotel opens.

Just picked up all my invitations today hope to post them on Monday.

Still need to find a cake supplier, I think that's my last thing to book.

Just arranged with a friend all the details for her to make my veil! very excited!

Kimbers

Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:34 pm

Oh Sharz that is so exciting, do you have a S&T going I would love to see a pic of your invites. I have to take one of ours and add it to my S&T I have been super lazy on that lately. I did put a few updates on there today though. I'm so glad that the venue said they will be open I feel for you, that would have been so stressful. I grew up in Brissy and moved to Syd 4 years ago, there are so many lovely places up there, all fam is still there so we almost had our wedding up there but we chose Syd, glad we did couldn't imagine organising something in another state, i have so much respect for those that have destination weddings.
I'm getting so excited my little ticker will say 2 months tomorrow :D Then Tuesday it will be 1 month x days !!!! I am getting so excited now it has only taken me 16 months to get excited but I am finally excited it is getting real. I think it has all been surreal to date.
Does anyone else get a sense of disappointment when they get a decline on the RSVP, i feel rejected, feels like I'm not cool enough reminds me of school ha-ha. anyway i will dust myself off there are plenty of people who will be there.

Sharz
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:58 pm

Kimbers wrote:
Oh Sharz that is so exciting, do you have a S&T going I would love to see a pic of your invites

Yes I have a S & T viewtopic.php?f=18&t=114195
Im not sure if that will work?

We just finished addressing all our invites and packaging them this afternoon, had a few slight problems with sealing envelopes (they just wouldnt stay stuck down) and some rsvp cards had some smudges where they hadnt dried properly, so she is reprinting them. But so happy they are down, cant wait to post them it finally feels real and yes starting to get excited now!

I guess a declined rsvp would be dissapointing (havent sent them yet to know) but we have too many on our guest list so although we want everyone there in a way we kinda hope that some people may not make it.
How many guests are you expecting Kimbers?

JLB

Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:18 am

Hey girls!

I'm going to see a florist today..been to a couple so far but haven't been completely decided..got to really book this in..starting to freak out abit!! :roll: A friend of mine has recommended this one..hopefully it's all sorted by today! :heart:

All other plans seem to be going well..just got to decide on music and also on my hairstyle..mmm yeah and all the little details..will get there slowly but surely!!

Kimbers

Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:19 pm

Sharz wrote:
How many guests are you expecting Kimbers?

Our room minimum is 70 however FH and his family are not speaking atm long story so we are unsure if they are going to come, to be honest they always make things a drama so it would be kind of nice if they weren't there as we could relax more and plus FSIL is due to have her baby on our wedding day but i think is getting a c-section the week before so i doubt they will make it interstate for our wedding. So I'm freaking out we won't even get 70 i rang the reception and she said as long as we pay for 70 that is fine and they will include our suppliers meals in it so I feel much more comfortable.

It is so exciting when you get acceptances back :D

Kimbers

Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:21 pm

JLB wrote:
Hey girls!

I'm going to see a florist today..been to a couple so far but haven't been completely decided..got to really book this in..starting to freak out abit!! :roll: A friend of mine has recommended this one..hopefully it's all sorted by today! :heart:

All other plans seem to be going well..just got to decide on music and also on my hairstyle..mmm yeah and all the little details..will get there slowly but surely!!

JLB when is your wedding date. We struggled for a florist only cause our wedding is on Mothers Day weekend. But we found one we are happy with so allgood! :D I know all about details they are taking over my life at the moment.

JLB

Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:24 am

Thank goodness you founf a florist! Eek I didn't think about Mothers Day! We are getting married on the 14th of May! :heart:

Well, booked in the florist. So happy with the quote and her work is so beautiful! Just a relief to have this sorted now!!

Kimbers

Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:08 pm

JLB wrote:
Thank goodness you founf a florist! Eek I didn't think about Mothers Day! We are getting married on the 14th of May! :heart:

Well, booked in the florist. So happy with the quote and her work is so beautiful! Just a relief to have this sorted now!!

That's awesome news. I can't believe how much flowers can vary by though it is crazy. Ours are a little expensive, more than what i wanted to pay if i'm honest but her worked looked beautiful and i felt comfortable with her so I couldnt' say no.

mumtowed

Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:58 pm

Hi Ladies,

Just bumping this thread up to see how you are all going? We just recently decided to get married on my 30th Birthday which is 14th May. As we live rurally I wanted city wedding photos. I didnt grow up in the country so wanted something I related to, so we are getting married at the registry office in Melb due to the location. We are then having a surprise 30th party in town but will be surprising the guests. We didnt want anything huge so this is working for us. We will still have around 30 people at the ceremony though and will be doing it as per a normal wedding just have a couple of hours driving as well.

Hope to talk to you all soon

Kimbers

Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:00 pm

Congratulations on setting the date that is so exciting and so soon! I have a month to go today so it is starting to get frantic the thing that is annoying me the most is that each supplier has their own version of the run sheet and details i am so sick of updating each one, not sure if anyone is finding this painful. I am just at the point of confirming all the suppliers so that is exciting but scary, i am so looking forward to being married, i can't wait :D
How is everyone else going?

xxchloexx
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:30 pm

oh wow so soon. i got 6 weeks left till my our wedding. how is everyone else going?

Kimbers

Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:44 pm

Just doing all the final touches only got 28 days eek! very excited though. Just finalising numbers and tables, also just meeting with suppliers and confirming everything. Picked up BM dresses yesterday and now just have to go pick mine up it is ready though but need to go with BM so they know how to get me in it and how to bustle it.

Supers

Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:15 pm

Congrats mumtowed - how exciting!

Well, we went to our venue last weekend to finalise numbers and menu and also met our photographer for a location check.
Pretty much sorted - meeting celebrant this week to write the ceremony...got to finish our homework for that.

Kimbers

Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:51 pm

Before May arrives and we all get so pre occupied I just wanted to wish all the May brides the best day they can dream of. I hope all your weddings are truly amazing and I can't wait to see all the pictures afterwards.

Best of luck all xx :heart:

Sharz
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:55 pm

Kimbers wrote:
Before May arrives and we all get so pre occupied I just wanted to wish all the May brides the best day they can dream of. I hope all your weddings are truly amazing and I can't wait to see all the pictures afterwards.

Best of luck all xx :heart:

All the best to you too Kimbers, I am sure you will have a beautiful day! and cant wait to see your gorgeous pictures! and good luck to all the other May brides
Last edited by Sharz on Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xxchloexx
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:33 pm

YAY almost MAY, good luck ladies and hope use all have a wonderful day

xxchloexx
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue May 10, 2011 8:11 pm

How is everyone going?

Sharz
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue May 10, 2011 9:45 pm

starting to stress a bit... how are you going chloe?
GZIP: On | Load: 0.08