♥ Soon to be Mrs D ♥
♥ Soon to be Mrs D ♥

Re: May 2011

Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:27 am

lizzyh wrote:
Hi Sharz

Have a look at Shoe Show for shoes..

http://www.shoeshow.com.au/listing.php?groupid=4&mode=all

I'm getting mine from there - "Matilda" - and I LOVE them!

Also see that they have the style "Allum" by Clarice which looks very similar to the style you are thinking of.

There are also some nice styles for bridesmaids.

Lizzy x

Yes the Allum is very similar to the style I'm thinking of, except the ones I'm looking at are $40 cheaper. And there are no BM shoes that I like.

mini_k27
♥ Soon to be Mrs D ♥
♥ Soon to be Mrs D ♥

Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:28 am

sharz there's no way I could walk in those shoes you've got! I would surely fall on my face while I'm walking up the aisle! :lol:

Sharz
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:57 am

I still might!, my mum keeps trying to talk me out of them cos they are so high. But they are the perfect colour and I just love them. I wore them out for a whole night and didnt have any troubles, but who knows when wearing a giant dress.

evangaline

Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:39 pm

Hi Ladies :D

My FH & I are getting married on the 14th May at Rosslyn Bay in Yeppoon, Qld. So far we have booked the Ceremony Location, Reception, Celebrant, Photographer, Ordered my Dress & Picked BM's Dresses, Met With Our Event Stylist - Decided on Themeing, Favors, Colours etc, Booked Hair Dresser.... Umm that's it. Hrmm doesn't seem like that much when you write it down 8O

Ohh and I have ordered my Save the Dates and they should be here in the next week or so.

mini_k27
♥ Soon to be Mrs D ♥
♥ Soon to be Mrs D ♥

Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:14 pm

Hi again evangaline! You seem pretty well organised. Have you thought about cake, flowers, transport, music yet? It's crazy how much goes into this one day! You commented in your S&T that there's only 8 months to go - it really will go crazy fast! I started planning 6 months ago, and I don't know where that time has gone...

evangaline

Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:34 pm

mini_k27 wrote:
Hi again evangaline! You seem pretty well organised. Have you thought about cake, flowers, transport, music yet? It's crazy how much goes into this one day! You commented in your S&T that there's only 8 months to go - it really will go crazy fast! I started planning 6 months ago, and I don't know where that time has gone...

I know - the wedding is pretty much the only thing that I have thought about over the last 3 months. I'm no sure what I did before I started planning lol

Cake: 4 Tier Square Cake (white with Blue & Coral design) with Personalised "Karlee & Don" Toppers (that i have ordered off Etsy)
Flowers: Have appointment with Florist to discuss further. Probably go with mostly white roses & a couple of the fiesta rose to get the coral colour in.
Transport: 3 Nissan Patrol Wagons (arriving to ceremony & driving around for photography locations) FH is mad about Patrols so their wasn't a choice there. FH has a new silver one and our mates have offered theirs which are both black & we are arriving at the reception by my parents 52ft Luxury Power Cat.
Music: No idea :(

Ohhh see I have done more than I could remember..... I'll post some more pic's of these on my S&T.

rchlwods

Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:53 pm

Hi Evangaline,
You seem pretty much prepared for the event have planned out everything in advance, after all this is the day that you want it to be the perfect one and everything should be going your way. Having a make up stylist would indeed help a lot as you could have some good suggestions to look the best for the day.

Sharz
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:54 pm

been a while so thought I would update in here again.
Hi to all the newest brides for May weddings!

we had flower appointments last week just waiting on the quotes now. Going to have all roses with crystals and pearls through them.
Quite large bouquets 36 for me 24 for BM's. I will be having an antique pink and the girls will have a mixture of antique pink, metalina (latte colour) and cream.

Also booked the car found a black 1950's mercedez (i really wanted a black car) that had a great price only $350 for 2 hours. We oringinally only wanted a car for a transfer but it was such a good price we will have it wait around for some photos now!

Mini how did you go in your search for cars? I read somewhere that you were having some troubles.

mini_k27
♥ Soon to be Mrs D ♥
♥ Soon to be Mrs D ♥

Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:17 pm

Hi Sharz, yep still having problems with cars. We have about 2 local companies to choose from (FH wants a stretch limo)... I sent through an enquiry to one of them on Thursday but haven't heard anything back. Getting very frustrated lately with local businesses not responding to email & internet enquiries. :evil:

We met with a DJ last week, who we have decided to book and I paid the deposit today. I've also been making enquiries with cake makers, again having problems with getting responses.

Yay for deciding on flowers! They sound beautiful sharz. Are you having fresh flowers? I'm going for artificial - real touch white oriental liles.

I had to re-organise my spare room today, not enough space for wedding stuff! I'm really getting a nice little collection :lol:

Sharz
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:30 pm

I know, I kind of scratch suppliers off my list when they dont reply. But in a small town Im sure that's not as easy.

Who did you end up going with for dj? Im still having troubles that i just have no idea how to pick one. the one with the best website? just go the cheapest? did you meet with them? or just chat on phone? I havent called any yet.

I will be having fresh flowers. But reception centrepieces may be artificial. Cos basic centrepieces with fresh flowers are included with package but to go more extravagant you have to pay extra, but if I alter something else to a cheaper option (artificaial flowers) I may not have to. But that's a long way off to be working all that out.

ally my wedding items are sitting in a tiny striped box, but the lid doesnt quite fit anymore, so will have to find something bigger soon!

mini_k27
♥ Soon to be Mrs D ♥
♥ Soon to be Mrs D ♥

Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:11 pm

Yeah not so easy to scratch businesses when they're 1 of 2 options!

We found our DJ based on a recommendation from our celebrant. We met with him in person just to get a feel for him and whether we clicked with him, because he will also be our MC. We haven't enquired with any others, so not sure what the price is like compared to others. We are paying $600 for 5 hours, covering both DJ & MC services. That was spot on with what our celebrant told us to expect, so that's what we had budgeted for. He's an older guy, he told us upfront he doesn't play all "doof-doof" music, which is good because we're not much into that either.

Today I bought some of those plastic drawer thingys to put all the wedding stuff in. I had a big cardboard box with everything in it, but I kept finding that I would go in there to get something, have to pull everything out, then half the time it wouldn't get put back. I think having the drawers will make it easier. Hopefully!

Nyssabee
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:41 am

Ahh 8 months! Creeping up so quickly!
I'm still waiting on the girl who did my flowers to get back to me about centrepieces too - it's been about 2 and a half months since ive heard from her now!

Majorblazecondah

Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:13 pm

Hey guys,

I'm getting married May 27th 2011...about 8 months and 2 weeks away..but I swear I'm not counting..lol. We're getting married on a Friday afternoon, which may annoy some of the guest who normally work then, but May 27th means a lot to us. In 2005 we officially started dating on May 27th..and two years later on the same date we got engaged. So we will have been together 6 years on the wedding day....but seeing as the day means 3 anniversaries my finace will be in three times as much trouble if he forgets..lol.

Good luck with all your planning!

mini_k27
♥ Soon to be Mrs D ♥
♥ Soon to be Mrs D ♥

Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:24 pm

Welcome Major! How are all your plans coming along? Some people might not be able to make a Friday afternoon, but I'm sure the people who really want to be there will make sure they can attend. I would love a reason to take a Friday afternoon off work!

Sharz
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:44 am

Hi Major!
Your wedding is the day before mine. The reason we picked May 28, 2011 was for the exact same reason.
We started going out on may 28, 2004.
Got engaged on our 5 year anniversary May 28, 2009.
Then I realised May 28, 2011 was a saturday so that became our wedding date. Will be our 7 year anniversary.
I would have liked to just have had the one year engagement and been married already but we did think a Saturday would be easier.

JLB

Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:11 pm

hello lovely May brides to be.. 8)

Can I ask where are you girls going for your honeymoons?? We are still trying to decide... I think we will stay in Australia..any thoughts :?:

mini_k27
♥ Soon to be Mrs D ♥
♥ Soon to be Mrs D ♥

Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:25 pm

JLB wrote:
hello lovely May brides to be.. 8)

Can I ask where are you girls going for your honeymoons?? We are still trying to decide... I think we will stay in Australia..any thoughts :?:

Hi JLB :) We weren't originally going to have a honeymoon, but we're now thinking of going on a P&O cruise of the Pacific Islands.

How are the rest of your plans going?

Majorblazecondah

Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:39 pm

Sharz wrote:
Hi Major!
Your wedding is the day before mine. The reason we picked May 28, 2011 was for the exact same reason.
We started going out on may 28, 2004.
Got engaged on our 5 year anniversary May 28, 2009.
Then I realised May 28, 2011 was a saturday so that became our wedding date. Will be our 7 year anniversary.
I would have liked to just have had the one year engagement and been married already but we did think a Saturday would be easier.

Hi Sharz,

Good to hear someone else has the same thinking. We would've like to get married on a Saturday..but since we've been engaged there hasn't been a Saturday on the 27th!! lol..I don't think there's another one until 2013, and my partner wants to get married before he's 30 (next yr). Hopefully it doesn't put too many out, but ultimately we're not too concerned if any one shows up at all, so long as we have enough to witness the marriage and make it all official. :)

Majorblazecondah

Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:50 pm

mini_k27 wrote:
Welcome Major! How are all your plans coming along? Some people might not be able to make a Friday afternoon, but I'm sure the people who really want to be there will make sure they can attend. I would love a reason to take a Friday afternoon off work!

Hey mini,

Our plans are slowly getting there. We've had a few years to collect ideas, but just starting to settle on things. Bought table decorations today. We opted for mirror tiles with candle holder and tea light candle. Looking at buying table cloths soon...does anyone know any sites that sell just plain white rectangle ones? Most places charge $10 to hire each one (and you've got to return it clean within 24 hrs), and I'm sure decent looking ones wouldn't be much dearer than $10 to buy? I've looked at ebay, but can only find the one seller...feel free to suggest :)

Bride0511

Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:18 pm

Hi Everyone,

I'm a newbie here.... :D

My wedding will be on Saturday, 7th May 2011 in Melbourne. That will be for the Holy Matrimony and small reception then follows with big reception around end of June 2011 back in our home country.

So far, I have only booked the Church...gee I'm not so organised like all of you :lol: I am starting to get panicking by reading how prepared all of you :roll:

The ceremony will be held in the morning then follows with lunch with close friends & families. For the venue, I was thinking for the Chinese restaurant...for the sake of my background and food taste better & suit my budget. But after receiving bad service from the restaurant when we went there for enquiry, we decided to go somewhere else. Hence, we booked at the Langham Hotel...yeyyyyy... :P at least with similar budget, we are getting great service... :heart:

So far I've been asking for flowers quote in several florist around my area. One just gave me a quote of $320 for a wedding bouquet and $190 for bridesmaid...is this too much?

The flowers are essential for me, as I love flowers...I was thinking of having Peonies but they are not available in May :cry: therefore has to go with garden roses, lysianthus, david austin roses(if available) and some berries...

Anyhow, I typed too much already....you all might get confused hahaha....

Happy planning everyone!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.19