A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

GingerNinja
The Ninja
The Ninja

Re: May 2010 - Part 4

Sat May 08, 2010 3:16 pm

me and k went to vist a friend for coffee thsi morning then we came home and had a 3 hour nap! Well K is still sleeping.... 8O must be growing

GingerNinja
The Ninja
The Ninja

Sun May 09, 2010 5:17 pm

Oh Smars, congrats girl! So happy for you and thanks so much for poping in and telling us how it went... you know i'm just sitting here waiting to hear updates :oops:

So happy to hear it went well and you had such a great time :heart: :heart:

b2k
Formerly known as bergette

Sun May 09, 2010 5:56 pm

Hens night all over. What a night. Photos now on facebook!

I got up yesterday and went to running group, from there home, shower, drive to grandparents house (my dog visits them everyweek they live 40kms away), pick up grandma, go pick up dress (fits perfect, it is amazing, and very me!), drop grandma off, drive past my house, pick up 2 friends, drop off ring to be engraved, pick up strawberries, come back to my house, another friend arrives, start doing hair, FH slinks in, very, very seedy from Adelaide bucks night (serves him right trying to pull 2 nights of a bucks, he wanted to cancel saturday night one- he called me from a poker table at 5am Saturday morning! Idiot) and heads to bedroom for 2 hour nap, friends decorate with pen!s balloons, pen!s food platter and a pen!s crown and whistle and veil for me. Toxic punch made. People start arriving. Start a game of me having to answer a list of questions my friend had called FH and asked him about! Everytime i got one wrong, i had to take a dare from a bowl to complete that night. Questions included 'my middle name', favourite TV show (he got that one wrong said his favourite show!), food, drink etc. Some very disturbing ones with my mum in the room (ie strangest place you have had s*x! His answer 'that is on a need to know basis'. My answer 'there is no way he would have answered that one'). After that, we headed into Copacabana's. Big meals, lots of drinks and crazy dares to complete. Latin stage show. I was pulled up on stage to be in a dance off. We came second (beat by a hen and a guy when the guy started doing the Hukka (sp?) in the middle of the salsa!) and then danced the night away. 18 people came (earliest anyone left was 12). FH was home and in bed by midnight (and still suffering today) and i got home at 3.30am! :lol:
There was a big fight that broke out there which took them about 20 minutes to get under control. I guess the media isn't hyping it up like i thought!

Pretty fun night, now i have the kravati next weekend then the wedding the week after!

kaywoman68
♥ Mrs R ♥
♥ Mrs R ♥

Sun May 09, 2010 6:56 pm

I'm back too!!!!! Married now! :D

Gorgeous day, fantastic ceremony and beautiful reception! Everything turned out perfectly!!!! I even shed a tear or tear during the ceremony!

chris and stacey.jpg

kathg
I need a title
I need a title

Sun May 09, 2010 10:43 pm

wow smarsme and kaywoman, congratulations, i am glad everything went really well, i kept thinking what beautiful weather it was over the weekend, i am just crossing everything that next saturday will be the same. I am worried that i should be more excited than i am!!!! I just have soooo much going on in my head it is ridiculous! Favours are now finally done, all our family and wedding party gifts are purchased and wrapped, kids bags are done, just got last minute pick ups, nails and packing!!!! this week is going to go soooo fast!!!!!

kaywoman68
♥ Mrs R ♥
♥ Mrs R ♥

Sun May 09, 2010 11:03 pm

The day was just magical!

I spent the night at the hotel on Friday night. I went to bed at about 11pm and woke up 5 times before 6am!!!! I had set my alarm for 6.30 incase I didn't wake up but I actually turned it off before it could even ring! :laugh: I woke up, went to have some breakfast, had a shower and then drove to the florist to pick up the flowers for the wedding.

9am - mum did the traditional hair brushing ritual
9:15 - hair stylist arrived and started on my hair
10am - makeup artist came and started on makeup for my sister
11:30 - Chris arrived at the hotel room ready for the tea ceremony
Noon - tea ceremony
12:30 - Chris left to head home to be picked up for the ceremony (he drove to the hotel room so had to take his car back home cos my sister's bf was picking him up)
12:30 - 2:30 - my sister and I had photos taken with Ashanali and Robyn
2:45 - ceremony (15 mins late but it didn't matter :))
3:15 - 5:00 - photos whilst travelling towards reception venue
5:15 - chinese lion dance performance, pre-dinner drinks and canapes
5:30 - 11:00 - reception :D

Some memorable moments of the day:
* seeing Chris before the wedding ceremony when we did the tea ceremony
* seeing Chris with the cufflinks I bought him :D
* arriving at the ceremony and realising it was all real!
* Walking down the aisle and Chris meeting me
* When Chris said 'I do' before the celebrant had finished saying everything :laugh:
* Chris kissing me before the celebrant said 'you may now kiss the bride' :laugh:
* being announced as Mr and Mrs Rolfe
* Chris asking me about the entertainment and I wouldn't tell him. The driver said to DH 'if it's any consolation, I know what it is' :laugh: Chris was very impressed by the performance though!
* the lion dance performance - it was 1000 times better than I imagined!!!!!!
* the whole reception - everyone said they loved the night, the food was wonderful and they were all chatting to each other! My family and Chris's family had never met before so it was fantastic to see them getting along so well!!!!!!!

b2k

Mon May 10, 2010 9:10 am

Congragulations to the married women! Love the photo and story Kaywoman, can't wait to see and hear more!

FH has a total of 4 days work left before a month off (as he has taken a few annual leave days over next weekend due to kravati and he has a 'rostered sick day' :lol: next monday!) so jealous!

GingerNinja
The Ninja
The Ninja

Mon May 10, 2010 9:25 am

Nawww how cute is that piccy! So good to hear it all went down great Kay :heart:

b2k

Mon May 10, 2010 10:54 am

Just spoke to the celebrant and moved our rehersal to tomorrow! Now got to get FH to search high and low for his birth certificate, and if he can't find it, guess where he will be going straight from work tomorrow, the wonderful office of BDM!

FH SIL came to my hens on Saturday night and we disucssed music for the ceremony (she is in a string quartet and they are playing at my ceremony). She also had the same band at her wedding last year (greek band) and was telling me she was annoyed that they kept playing all night when it is meant to be 50%/50% greek/english. She had made up all these CD's of music, and they just kept up with the greek music. I will have to keep an eye on that as i don't want that to happen at mine! My side would be pretty upset! My grandparents love getting up and boggieing! :lol:

Have FH off picking up his engraved ring after work and my favourite pair of boots (the zipper jammed!)

Still waiting for the official contract to come through on the email, so i can quit here!

GingerNinja
The Ninja
The Ninja

Mon May 10, 2010 11:00 am

woohoo for offical contract, hope it arrives soon, so you can dump their @sses!

Hmmmm, maybe you can get someone in the bridal party to keep a eye on the band for you?

My FH has lost his birth cert too :roll: what is it with men and important docs? So we might be off to BDM sometime soon too, we need it to be able to change FH's name by deedpoll before we meet with the celebrant, *sigh*

b2k

Mon May 10, 2010 11:05 am

That is another form he needs to find, his official name change document (from Dimitri to Jim) but i am pretty sure i know where that one is! He tried to tell me that was his birth certificate and i had to tell him that unless he was born in 2001, that was not the case!

I have burnt 6 CD's and they are clearly labeled 'before dinner, after dinner, late in the night, entrance, bridal dance and goodbye circle' and each CD has how long it is wrote on the cover and CD too! ie 45 minutes. There can be no excuses with that sort of dedication to the cause. FH godfather (the band leader) tried to talk me out of a goodbye circle, but i stood firm on that one! I figure if i hadn't made my way to that person to say thanks for coming during the night, at least i can do it then! With 165 guests, good chance that i wont get to everyone!

FH has added one more person to our wedding! Some random guy i've never met who went to his bucks. Got news for him, it is not going to happen!

GingerNinja
The Ninja
The Ninja

Mon May 10, 2010 11:13 am

bergette wrote:
That is another form he needs to find, his official name change document (from Dimitri to Jim) but i am pretty sure i know where that one is! He tried to tell me that was his birth certificate and i had to tell him that unless he was born in 2001, that was not the case!

I have burnt 6 CD's and they are clearly labeled 'before dinner, after dinner, late in the night, entrance, bridal dance and goodbye circle' and each CD has how long it is wrote on the cover and CD too! ie 45 minutes. There can be no excuses with that sort of dedication to the cause. FH godfather (the band leader) tried to talk me out of a goodbye circle, but i stood firm on that one! I figure if i hadn't made my way to that person to say thanks for coming during the night, at least i can do it then! With 165 guests, good chance that i wont get to everyone!

FH has added one more person to our wedding! Some random guy i've never met who went to his bucks. Got news for him, it is not going to happen!

LOL, my FH keeps trying to do that too.... no way it's going to happen. Stand your ground I say!

Wow that is some dedication to the music alright! Way to go.

GingerNinja
The Ninja
The Ninja

Mon May 10, 2010 11:15 am

94? 8)

GingerNinja
The Ninja
The Ninja

Mon May 10, 2010 11:19 am

Chaaaa I rock dudes! 8)

b2k

Mon May 10, 2010 11:36 am

The guy is some friend of a friend that showed up at the Bucks and asked to come. FH has probably seen this guy a total of 10 times in his life, and not for 3 years (he lives interstate). Hmmmmm. He was the one who said 'you invite the people you want in your life moving forward'.

I will have Lionel Ritchie played at my wedding if it kills me!

DYP is very quiet, maybe someone had a few too many drinks at their hens?????? :e_sleeping:

M2M very quiet too! Think someone has snuck off to maternal!

Might be up to you and me to get us to Part 5 GN!

GingerNinja
The Ninja
The Ninja

Mon May 10, 2010 11:48 am

bergette wrote:
The guy is some friend of a friend that showed up at the Bucks and asked to come. FH has probably seen this guy a total of 10 times in his life, and not for 3 years (he lives interstate). Hmmmmm. He was the one who said 'you invite the people you want in your life moving forward'.

I will have Lionel Ritchie played at my wedding if it kills me!

DYP is very quiet, maybe someone had a few too many drinks at their hens?????? :e_sleeping:

M2M very quiet too! Think someone has snuck off to maternal!

Might be up to you and me to get us to Part 5 GN!

Think DYP is a bit on the groggy side also :mrgreen: 8)

Think M2M might be feeling a bit under the weather again :( :bdance:

Part 5 challange = I accept!

b2k

Mon May 10, 2010 11:56 am

Who else is left in here now?

Suprise bride but can't think of anyone else!

GingerNinja
The Ninja
The Ninja

Mon May 10, 2010 11:58 am

Loooooodle?

b2k

Mon May 10, 2010 12:13 pm

Whops forgot Loodle!

First lot of relatives have left the USA and currently in NZ, second lot are leaving today and get to Sydney late tomorrow!

Just ordered a dress bag off ebay. My dressmaker said to me last week, 'when you pick it up, come with a dress bag'. I said 'not a problem, i'll get one this week'. My grandma then pops up with 'i have a dress bag you can have'. So we pick up my dress on Saturday and when we get home my grandma goes 'i need the bag back after the wedding'. Seriously WTF am i meant to do with my dress then? Fold it up and put in a draw? Perhaps leave it on the floor of my bedroom? I was so annoyed, i would have just purchased one last week when i was in the CBD. :evil:

GingerNinja
The Ninja
The Ninja

Mon May 10, 2010 12:30 pm

bergette wrote:
Whops forgot Loodle!

First lot of relatives have left the USA and currently in NZ, second lot are leaving today and get to Sydney late tomorrow!

Just ordered a dress bag off ebay. My dressmaker said to me last week, 'when you pick it up, come with a dress bag'. I said 'not a problem, i'll get one this week'. My grandma then pops up with 'i have a dress bag you can have'. So we pick up my dress on Saturday and when we get home my grandma goes 'i need the bag back after the wedding'. Seriously WTF am i meant to do with my dress then? Fold it up and put in a draw? Perhaps leave it on the floor of my bedroom? I was so annoyed, i would have just purchased one last week when i was in the CBD. :evil:

Yep that's annoying :evil: I got my dress bag off ebay, it's brillant, breathable white thinggy.... will need to get another for my new dress too :oops:

STILL waiting on photos :roll:
GZIP: On | Load: 0.31