The day was just magical!
I spent the night at the hotel on Friday night. I went to bed at about 11pm and woke up 5 times before 6am!!!! I had set my alarm for 6.30 incase I didn't wake up but I actually turned it off before it could even ring! :laugh: I woke up, went to have some breakfast, had a shower and then drove to the florist to pick up the flowers for the wedding.
9am - mum did the traditional hair brushing ritual
9:15 - hair stylist arrived and started on my hair
10am - makeup artist came and started on makeup for my sister
11:30 - Chris arrived at the hotel room ready for the tea ceremony
Noon - tea ceremony
12:30 - Chris left to head home to be picked up for the ceremony (he drove to the hotel room so had to take his car back home cos my sister's bf was picking him up)
12:30 - 2:30 - my sister and I had photos taken with Ashanali and Robyn
2:45 - ceremony (15 mins late but it didn't matter
3:15 - 5:00 - photos whilst travelling towards reception venue
5:15 - chinese lion dance performance, pre-dinner drinks and canapes
5:30 - 11:00 - reception
Some memorable moments of the day:
* seeing Chris before the wedding ceremony when we did the tea ceremony
* seeing Chris with the cufflinks I bought him
* arriving at the ceremony and realising it was all real!
* Walking down the aisle and Chris meeting me
* When Chris said 'I do' before the celebrant had finished saying everything :laugh:
* Chris kissing me before the celebrant said 'you may now kiss the bride' :laugh:
* being announced as Mr and Mrs Rolfe
* Chris asking me about the entertainment and I wouldn't tell him. The driver said to DH 'if it's any consolation, I know what it is' :laugh: Chris was very impressed by the performance though!
* the lion dance performance - it was 1000 times better than I imagined!!!!!!
* the whole reception - everyone said they loved the night, the food was wonderful and they were all chatting to each other! My family and Chris's family had never met before so it was fantastic to see them getting along so well!!!!!!!