A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

carly87
The Button Lady
The Button Lady

Re: August 2010 - Part 2

Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:18 am

Can't wait to get my pro piccies back! the photographer has sent me a bit of a preview of them and they are fantastic! so happy we went with her.
So we're planning our next holiday, which will be sort of our honeymoon I guess (but we're taking the kids). we're going to darwin hopefully in april, to see dh's (oooh love using that part. dh, doesn't it sound wonderful!) family. I've never been there so it will be great.

Has anyone started their thank you cards? just wondering how people are going to phrase them.

Beloved
Marriage is amazing
Marriage is amazing

Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:16 am

Hellloooo :D

We're writing our thank yous now. We bought cards from the newsagent (hallmark ones) and we are writing long thank yous with the following

thanks for attending the wedding
thanks for our gift, we are using the money / present this way
we are looking forward to spending more time with you

Simple, but good :)

Everyone loves a thank you card !!!

We're waiting for our pros too!!

almostthere
finallydone
finallydone

Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:09 pm

We're waiting for pro's now and I'm so excited! We get a proof book sometime in the next week or 2 hopefully, and then we have our meeting with the photographer to discuss putting together our album. We don't actually get our photos on disk so I hope we can somehow get hold of some to post on here :roll: We got a sneak peek on our wedding night when the photographer did the slideshow at the end of the evening, and they are so good I just want to share them with everyone!

Edit: I just reread my post and that last statement sounds like I'm so full of myself! :lol: I don't mean it like 'I look so hot', I just mean the guy who took the photos is skilled beyond belief! :lol:

turbo311
♥ The New Mrs D ♥

Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:47 pm

LOL Almost - I absolutely ridiculously LOVE my pro shots too!!

Ok ladies I will be back to chat more soon! DH and I are off to make a baby!

carly87
The Button Lady
The Button Lady

Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:31 am

:mrgreen: :lol: haha have fun turbo! and good luck!

sometimes I find myself wishing we could have another baby...then I remind myself that three kids would be just too much for me to handle :(

haha Almost, I was thinking along the same lines with the photos that I've seen of my wedding. I actually look good in photos for once :D

turbo311
♥ The New Mrs D ♥

Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:02 am

This will be #1 for us! I cant see myself with more than 1 but DH wants 2 so we will see!

Im in the middle of a Wedding Rush right now - We have had 1 every weekend since ours! So I havent really thought about Thank You cards just yet but Im intending on starting really soon! My plan is to print them myself (using left over card from the wedding) and inserting a photo of what they got us (we had a HM registry) and telling them about it! So all I need to do is start!

almostthere
finallydone
finallydone

Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:56 pm

Hey girls, is anyone still around? Haven't seen anyone post in a while so I'm getting a little bit sad thinking that I'm the only August chick loitering on the forum!Turbo - you obvioulsy have better things to be doing than hanging on WC! :lol: chica bow wow!

carly87
The Button Lady
The Button Lady

Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:40 pm

I'm still here :mrgreen: just haven't been posting much...still waiting for my pro piccies, which I should have by the end of next week :mrgreen:

sort of feeling a bit lost at the moment. no wedding to plan and all that. so now I'm packing and looking at houses...we're moving towns so that we can go back to my home town :D which sort of gives me something to plan, but it's just not the same :(

sophieej
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:50 pm

I know what you mean Carly. I have all this spare time now and no wedding to fill it with! And even the wedding itself seems to be such a distant memory now!!

turbo311
♥ The New Mrs D ♥

Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:05 pm

Im still here! I announced that im a sex therapist in the sex section and have been flat out counselling! Its been awesome - its giving me heaps of business ideas!

Im with you though in the post wedding oblivion (I secretly have still been looking at wedding dresses)...

And Yes we started TTC nearly 2 weeks ago as DH found out about a great out of town job...

This week Ive woken up to the fact that Im still paying off the wedding and Im really scared about having a baby now after everything that we went through loosing our families this past year (i just keep thinking its really just us now) So Im going to tell DH that I want to stop TTC because Im too scared...

But - I really think Im pregnant - its too early to test But I just feel that i am...

oh well i will know for sure next friday... I just keep saying whatever is meant to be will be!

On the wedding front I want to start making our Thank You cards this weekend! (and start planning the vow renewal!)

almostthere
finallydone
finallydone

Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:51 pm

turbo311 wrote:

Im with you though in the post wedding oblivion (I secretly have still been looking at wedding dresses)...

I KNOW! I got my dress out again the other day and tried it on while DH wasn't home :oops: . I woke up at 3am this morning and couldn't go back to sleep so I got up and watched our wedding slideshow DVD 3 times just to relive the day. *Sigh* I'm so sad it's all over. I keep telling DH that we need to renew our vows every year so I get to wear all the dresses I've loved but obviously never got to wear. He keeps giving me a flat 'no' as an answer. Spoil sport.
I know what you mean about paying off the wedding debt too. Here I was thinking all we needed to do was pay off the last couple of thousand and then we can start saving for our honeymoon/house, whatever. Then DH tells me today his credit card is overdrawn and he's not sure how it got like that *sigh again*. Definitely no TTC for us for a looooooong while!

Turbo, I hope your feeling is right and you have a little bean inside you! You're right, whatever will be will be and everything happens for a reason. Don't be scared! xo

sophieej
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:17 pm

haha me too!!! I put it on last night. Doesn't look the same without all the hair and make-up though. Still waiting on our wedding pro-pics. I want them now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who out of us has got them?

GingerNinja
The Ninja
The Ninja

Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:30 am

still poking about :mrgreen:

Turbo :heart: keep us updated when Friday comes

turbo311
♥ The New Mrs D ♥

Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:25 pm

I think Im out this month - I can feel AF coming! - But I promise you Girls will be the first to know if I have any happy news on friday!

almostthere
finallydone
finallydone

Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:52 pm

Still no pro pics for us, although we were expecting them this week. Hope they hurry!

Man oh man, days at work like today make me want to start TTC so I don't have to go back! Probably not really the right reason, but sooooo tempting!

turbo311
♥ The New Mrs D ♥

Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:32 pm

LOL! Almost! - The reason we decided to TTC is only because DH is probably getting a great job in the country so the plan is for me to get pregnant and follow him on maternity leave! Otherwise our plan was to wait 2/3 years!

turbo311
♥ The New Mrs D ♥

Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:33 pm

Oh and Ladies... AF came today....

almostthere
finallydone
finallydone

Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:08 pm

Bummer Turbo :( I guess if you were having doubts it's probably a good thing, but it would have been nice to have had our first 'after marriage' August baby! Oh well. You'll just have to keep trying :lol:

almostthere
finallydone
finallydone

Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:09 pm

Oh and look! I finally got a title! See --------->
:mrgreen:

GingerNinja
The Ninja
The Ninja

Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:49 am

turbo311 wrote:
Oh and Ladies... AF came today....

:( fingers crossed for next month :D :heart:

No pros here yet either... but I'm assured they are on their way. I can't belive she has eddited all 500 photos :lol: she wants to make sure they are perfect for us :heart:

So???? No Wedding bubbas yet? :e_shifty:
GZIP: On | Load: 0.21