A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Moderator Team
The Mod Squad
The Mod Squad
Topic Author

September 2011

Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:35 pm

A place for all September 2011 brides :)

Kez N Damo
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: September 2011

Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:26 pm

Yay!! Welcome home to all you lovely ladies who will be celebrating with me in September.
Our wedding date is on the 3rd.

It is the 3rd because that's the day Damo and I decided to be a couple, in 2006. AND its the day Damo proposed to me on the top of Mt Pinnacle in the Grampians (Vic). We've will have waited three years to become married, all because the 3rd lands on a Saturday in 2011. If it was anymore... I would have chosen a different date. Three years is long enough!

Haven't got a venue yet... still looking!! :cry:

Cheeky Roxy
Foxy Roxy
Foxy Roxy

Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:10 am

Ok girls, here is the list so far for us Sept brides

Mrs L - 1st
Alibaby - 1st
Cheeky Roxy - 3rd
Kez N Damo - 3rd
JoJo74 - 3rd
andie85 - 3rd
Rochelle81 - 3rd
charlottecj - 3rd
LittleB - 9th
Mandib2b - 10th
Slavisa - 10th
weasel_bear - 10th
elouise - 13th
jessalovessammy - 17th
Scarlett - 18th
boncales - 24th
Ash - 24th (TBA)
missmalt - 25th
nessa85 - 27th

Hi Kez, we're getting married on the 3rd as well as it is the anniversary of when DF proposed, it will be our 6th year anniversary of being engaged....

Oh yay I have a wedding twin...I was so worried that I would be in here all by myself :cry:

Things I have done already
- ceremony/reception venue booked and deposit paid
- photographer booked and deposit paid
- have the save the dates
- garter
- guest book
- pretty much have my dress picked out but need to go and try it on etc and then will order it in a few months
- groomsmen/bridesmaid picked

and that's about it
Last edited by Cheeky Roxy on Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:55 am, edited 10 times in total.

Kez N Damo
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:13 pm

Hey Cheeky Roxy!! Yay a wedding date twin! I do have a biological twin but this is so much better! Go you for all your preparation! You've been busy.

Heres what we're up to:
- Photographer (deposited)
- Have designed the STD cards but need to print them etc
- Have b/maids picked + g/men picked. We're not having a maid of hour/best man bc we cant pick.
- I tried on my first wedding dress yesterday!! It was so exciting. Saw a couple of others I like but need to go back with a proper appointment. :)

That's all! No much. We're in the process of eliminating venues so we can finally pick one.

Keep me posted on how your plans are running!! :heart:

Scarlett
I need a title
I need a title

Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:51 pm

Hey there fellow sept girls!

So far I have booked (for 18 Sept):
Venue - Hamilton Island (chapel and Sails restaurant)
Photographer
Celebrant

Think (98%) I have found my dress (Maggie Sottero "Reese") but still yet to bite the bullet and purchase it.

It has always seemed so far away but now July has come it is only 14 months - which doesn't really sound very far at all!

Cheeky Roxy
Foxy Roxy
Foxy Roxy

Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:55 pm

where are you situated kez??

went to a wedding expo up at mt tamborine (that is where we are having our wedding) to try and find vendors for cake/make up/flowers n car (even tho I want a hummer but depends on $$ but was a lil disappointed as there wasn't much of what we were looking for, more venues and celebrants then anything

Hi Scarlett - oh hamilton island, how nice!! I know I can't believe we are at 14 months already, I remember when I was at 18 and even 24 it only seemed like yesterday

Scarlett
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:22 pm

It seemed SO far away when we set the date in January but OMG it is July already!!!! Where did the year go!

I have my Vistaprint STD's and I so want to send them out but have refrained so far! Not sure when is too early but I'm thinking I should at least wait til after September this year - maybe Jan???

Kez N Damo
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:03 pm

Hi scarlett, I'll be sending mine out in September if that helps. I'm not having a destination wedding but some people will be coming from interstate. I just can wait to show everyone what i've made. :)

Hey Cheeky Roxy, I'm in dreary old Melbourne. :) It was 4 degrees overnight.... Brrrrrr.....

Cheeky Roxy
Foxy Roxy
Foxy Roxy

Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:04 pm

Kez - yep I hear you on the 4 degrees, we were off camping in the hinterland this weekend - it was cold

Not sure when we will send out out std's was thinking sept but then also was thinking jan!! will prob decide when the time comes lol, makes it hard when they are sitting in the spare room cupboard

Scarlett
I need a title
I need a title

Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:45 pm

Cheeky - thats exactly where mine are and I'm champing at the bit to send them out!!!! Maybe we could split the difference between Sep and Jan and send them out Nov/Dec!

We are having a destination wedding (well it's only about 1.5 hours drive and a 1 hour ferry for most guests) but some will be travelling further and have to book flights, maybe take time off work, so I want to give them notice....especially as our wedding is at the beginning of school holidays (grrr) - didn't really want this but FH's brother and SIL are teachers and wouldn't have been able to make it otherwise. And it is working out for some of our guests with kids, because a few have said they will stay on the island for a bit longer as the kids don't have to rush back home for school (we're getting married on a Sunday).

Has anyone got their dress yet? Is it too early?

Cheeky Roxy
Foxy Roxy
Foxy Roxy

Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:16 pm

Scarlett - hmm now you have me thinking about nov/dec (i was concerned with dec with it all about xmas etc)

I have my dress picked out but haven't gone and tried it on - have got prices on it tho as the place I went didn't have one in stock hehehe and plus mum wants me to try on a few to make sure it's the right style etc!!

marbonky
Fusion Bride
Fusion Bride

Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:25 pm

Looks like I'll be joining you ladies in Sept 2011. Our wedding was supposed to be in Oct 2010 but we had to postpone it because FH's auntie died and his family asked us to have a mourning period. But because of work commitments, the best time to have the wedding is in September next year. Our wedding venues and suppliers were all really understanding when I explained the situation and we haven't lost our deposits. Hopefully they have the dates that I want.

This is what we had done so far:

- Catholic Ceremony at St. Patrick's Catholic Church, Sydney)
- Indian Ceremony at rooftop level of Sydney Glass Island
- Reception at Sydney Glass Island
- Bridal side's wedding invitation (front design done only so far)
- My Church Wedding Dress (just picked it up today and absolutely love it! - "Greta" by Maggie Sottero)
- Bonbonnieres
- Photographer/Videographer/Wedding Cars
- Hair and Makeup (Bella Diva Hair and Makeup)
- Bridesmaid dresses
- My shoes
- My veil (borrowed from my sister)

missmalt
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:45 pm

Hi everyone, have just set our wedding date.
25th September.
We were planning on the 1st of October but the AFL have decided to move the grand final to this date. Deal breaker for us.
Very excited about our date as it is 3 months before Christmas.
We are getting married in Victoria at a winery in th Yarra Valley.
Haven't done anything else.

Scarlett
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:56 pm

Yarra Valley sounds lovely Missmalt - welcome to the club!

Hmm, Christmas....hadn't thought of that.....End Oct/beginning Nov it is!!!!

andie85
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:14 am

Hello September brides!

Our wedding is booked for the 3rd of September. I cannot believe how fast everything is going!

What I have done so far:
Booked the celebrant, ceremony venue, reception venue, music, photographer, cake lady, flowers.

We sent out the STD cards last week because people have to book flights and accommodation, so we thought that gives them enough notice to start saving, looking for cheap flights and accommodation and apply for leave.

marbonky
Fusion Bride
Fusion Bride

Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:07 pm

andie85 wrote:
Our wedding is booked for the 3rd of September. I cannot believe how fast everything is going!

What I have done so far:
Booked the celebrant, ceremony venue, reception venue, music, photographer, cake lady, flowers.

We sent out the STD cards last week because people have to book flights and accommodation, so we thought that gives them enough notice to start saving, looking for cheap flights and accommodation and apply for leave.

Doing well andie! You've organised all the big stuff already! Good stuff! It means that you can ease up and take your time with the little details. Sending out the STD this far ahead gives everyone heaps time to organise themselves too.

I'm super super excited again now! I picked up my dress the other day. I had ordered it last year when I started getting ready for our original wedding date. I was a bit worried that I wouldn't like it anymore but as soon as I put it on... OMG... I remembered how much I loved it!

Here's my dress. Just the model in the pic though.
Greta.jpg

I also just called the venues and rebooked the date. Our new wedding date is now 24th September 2011. So Excited!!!

andie85
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:12 pm

Love the dress!!! It is beautiful!

marbonky
Fusion Bride
Fusion Bride

Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:38 pm

Thanks andie!

Looking forward to seeing everyone else's wedding dresses! Does anyone have an idea what kind of dress they want?

Cheeky Roxy
Foxy Roxy
Foxy Roxy

Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:08 pm

yep boncales, this is the dress that I am looking at and in the red

I've already got prices and sizing so just need to try it on before I order it

marbonky
Fusion Bride
Fusion Bride

Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:09 pm

That's gorgeous, roxy! That red on the train is very striking! Have you tried this on yet?
Last edited by marbonky on Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.24