A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Scarlett
I need a title
I need a title

Re: September 2011

Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:59 pm

OMG how exciting - today I got an email from my Wedding Planner with a great big summary of everything already booked and confirmed, who I need to pay what $$ to any by when, when else I need to confirm with her etc. I freaked out a little when I realised this must mean it is getting really close!!! A part of me still hasn't really cottoned on to the fact that its only a couple of months away and those months are going to FLY!!!!!

Now to get cracking on that list.... :P

charlottecj

Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:07 pm

Hi Ladies,

Hope all your plans are going well. I got the phone call I have been eagerly awaiting for months - my dress is ready! I'm so excited, I just had to share!! Now to wait 10 days to go in and try it on again...

jiaopi222

Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:01 pm

Every moment spent with you is a moment I treasure

andie85
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:51 pm

It is so exciting isn't it. I cannot believe how fast it is going. I am working on the order of service booklet at the moment and some other DIY stuff that I was going to buy but since I have another month off :( I thought that I would attempt it my self.

I hope that everyones plans are coming along well

Cheeky Roxy
Foxy Roxy
Foxy Roxy

Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:32 am

we posted our invites on tuesday and got our first rsvp on wed - how exciting - 8 nweeks to go

Kez N Damo
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:04 pm

andie85 wrote:
It is so exciting isn't it. I cannot believe how fast it is going. I am working on the order of service booklet at the moment and some other DIY stuff that I was going to buy but since I have another month off :( I thought that I would attempt it my self.

I hope that everyones plans are coming along well

Hey andie, what are you putting in your order of service? That's my next job but dunno what to add or more importantly... What to leave out!

AliBaby
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:49 pm

CR- YAY for getting your first RSVP!!!!! So exciting! :P :D Im still trying to get the boys sorted. Think this has been on of my hardest task so far! Not long until your dress fitting!

Andie- I might have missed something in a previous post but hope all is okay.

Charlotte- YAY for the dress coming in!!

Kez- I have been working on mine as well. I can send you what I have done using publisher via email if you like. I think it all depends on what sort of service you are having. Ours is an anglican one. I havent fully completed it yet as we are meeting with My uncle (our minister) next week so I figured I would show him what I have done and see what he says. Just let me know your email address if you want me to send it through. :) Also on your lolly buffet, I saw some gorgeous prop/sign things that are kind of Alice in Wonderland themed that say 'EAT ME', etc. Very cute.

GOING TO GET MY DRESS TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I dont have any photos of me in it at all so I promise to take some and post them up. :bdance:

Kez N Damo
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:15 am

YAY for your dress finally coming home!! Where are you going to put it? Do you think DH will sneak a peek if you have it at home with you?

That makes me so excited for mine!! I could've picked it up on the 14th of July but my work wouldn't give me the day off... So now I have to wait until the 28th!! It will be the longest three weeks of my life!! On a positive note though... It will be the same day I have my hair and makeup trial so I will be able to see the overall image of what it will look like on the day. I better not get foundation on the dress 8O
Oh I can't wait.
And I can't wait to see pictures of all you gorgeous women in the dresses of your dreams! :heart: :heart:

Kez N Damo
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:17 am

On the RSVP note... I sent out a group message on FB and got two in the mail the next day... Only waiting on 46 ppl now... :roll:

Cheeky Roxy
Foxy Roxy
Foxy Roxy

Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:38 pm

Paid the dj, cake and makeup person today

we have our engagement shoot on monday so exciting

Kez N Damo
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:20 pm

Excuse my ignorance... what's an engagement shoot?!?! :oops:

andie85
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:34 pm

Hey andie, what are you putting in your order of service? That's my next job but dunno what to add or more importantly... What to leave out![/quote]

I am having a booklet I have but in it
- The names of the bridal party (including the parents and the celebrant)
- the order of service and the names of the music that corresponds to it
- the readings that we are having at the ceremony
- the history of some of the wedding traditions that mean the most to us (EG the wedding ring, cutting the cake etc)
- Finally on the last page we have put a small thank you for our family and guest.

Ali- I have been off work sick for the last 4 months, I got injured at work and it is taking a little longer to get better than we were all expecting. We are hoping that it sorts itself out before the wedding as I do not want to be walking down the aisle with a limp :?

I hope that all is well with everyone. I am busily making the place card holders for everyones name tags out of ribbon. I really like the result, will post when I have finished them.

Cheeky Roxy
Foxy Roxy
Foxy Roxy

Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:36 pm

Kez N Damo wrote:
Excuse my ignorance... what's an engagement shoot?!?! :oops:

kez -it's just a pre shoot with our photographer, we are doing it at the beach and our two boys will be with us so we will be able to get some family pics as well

jessalovessammy
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:36 pm

Hi ladies!

Everyone sounds like they are going well with the planning!! We took my h2b's up to our venue the weekend just gone and it was BEAUTIFUL perfect amazing views, you could see the ocean and Bribie Island offshore...so clear!!

My first dress fitting on Saturday! I have also changed hairdressers and am still considering doing my own makeup. After two makeup trials with two different people I was unhappy... I am so worried I will freak out on the day!

Kez N Damo
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:54 am

Hi!

Just had an exciting moment... the rice bar I picked up has a best before date of 3/9/2011!! That's our wedding!!!

andie85
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:06 pm

Kez N Damo wrote:
Hi!

Just had an exciting moment... the rice bar I picked up has a best before date of 3/9/2011!! That's our wedding!!!

That is exciting, I can not believe that it is only a few weeks away.

AliBaby
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:22 pm

Hi Girls,

Not long now!

Kez- That is so funny! I havent seen anything with our wedding date on i yet but can not wait till I do! I am going to ask my grandma (who cant come with us to Fiji) if she would buy the paper for that day in Sydney so that i can have a copy in my keepsake box. I think it will make her feel like she has something important to do on the day as well even though she cant be there.

I have been sick all week. Actually all holidays! So over it! I feel like rubbish and it is my hen's nght tomorrow night!!!!!!!!!! ArrhhhH!! Thank goodness I am having my hair and makeup done because I really feel crapola and ugly today! My skin has all gone dry onmy face as well as I have been blowing my nose so much :(

On another note, I had my first bit of botox today! LOL! I have a bit of a gummy smile so I had 2 shots of botox eiherside of my nose which conrol the muscles that pull your top lip up when you smile. The botox should stop my lip from pulling up as much (fingers crossed anyway). I am not telling FH about it as he would be horrified that I got botox but it is something I am really self-consious about. Cost me $100 and should last up to 3 months but I wont see anything for at least the next week.

Still on a bit of a high after getting my dress. See my Show and tell for pics of my first fiting if you havent seen it yet. Its all very exciting. Less than 7 weeks for me now. CRAZY as I still ahve so much to pay for! I have done our tax so fingers crossed for a return soon and some family supplements back from centrelink for DD.

Hope everyone has a good weekend. I will post pics from my hens night, makeup trial and hair extensions next week! :)

Kez N Damo
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:51 pm

Getting the paper is an awesome idea!! I never would have thought of that!

You got botox?!?! Your so brave. I can't stand needles. Will it let you smile at all?

Too bad about tonsilitis... that sucks!! I hope your hens party is a blast!! Can't wait to see pics!! Mines not for another month.:(

jessalovessammy
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:19 pm

Woo hoo!! Just updated my S+T, had my first dress fitting today :D :heart:

Kez N Damo
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:59 pm

Here's the rice bar I was talkin about!! :)

Haha!!!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.23