A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

jessalovessammy
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: September 2011

Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:50 pm

So..had my second fitting at Elizabeth de Varga! More pics in my S+T but heres a sneak peak of how my dress is going, the bust is going to sit lower, but not much more cleavage (the seams haven' been folded under and sewn) but you get the idea :)
IMG_1692.jpg

elouise

Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:26 pm

Aww, thanks girls. I will call the dress shop and see what they can do. All they've told me is 'it's on it's way'.
They seem to think we have plenty of time for alterations and everything, but it's only 4 weekends left after this one (I can't take time off for fittings during the week or anything)... Oh well, I'm sure it will all 'come together in the end'. lol.

Jessa - your dress is so beautiful! You're going to look amazing on the day :D

My E-ring (and wedder) has gone in to be resized today - I dropped 2 whole sizes which feels great. The downside is now I feel naked without it on!
We also went and picked up our customised lollies today for our favours and I love them. They are just like we pictured.
FH and I spent tonight putting together cupcake boxes and tomorrow I am folding paper cranes with one of my BM's. It's a real DIY weekend :)

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! It's so cool to see that we're all so close to the day now. :D

jessalovessammy
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:35 pm

Well done Elouise!! That is amazing about your weight, 2 dress sizes is a fantastic achievement! My poor mum tried her outfit on the other day and it doesn't fit...she's put on 20kg in the past year and I feel a bit helpless...I try to encourage her to eat healthy food and to exercize but she doesn't feel motivated. Wish I lived closer to her so we could so so exercize together :(

elouise

Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:41 am

Thank you :)
I wish I was close enough to exercise with my mum too - she put on a bit of weight this year and now she doesn't want to go shopping for her outfit because she feels so self-conscious in everything. She's seen me lose weight and I had hoped that would help motivate her a little but it hasn't.
I'm taking FMIL shopping this morning for part of her outfit. She has an off-white top picked out, so I'm hoping I can find something else for her :P

Kez N Damo
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:48 pm

Your dress looks amazing jessa!! What a work of art!!

We finally bought shirts, ties and cufflinks for the boys. We almost could find the shirts in the right size but thanks to the helpful dude at Myer we were able to get them. Another thing to cross off the list.

On another note... We had our final meeting with our reception place. We went through everything and the coordinator is so helpful, I know everything will run smoothly. HOWEVER... When FH and I checked out the ceremony location I absolutely freaked!! I COULDNT BREATHE!!! My eyes welled up, my heart was racing and i felt like i was going to spew! My mind has not stopped since yesterday 2pm. I couldn't even sleep last night because I just kept ticking over things that have been done/need to be done/ideas about things etc. I WANTED so desperately to SLEEP but I couldn't. My stomach STILL feels sick writing this... I am so happy to be marrying the man of my dreams but I am feeling so overwhelmed!! I am going to be a mess on the day FOR SURE!!

Anyone else feeling like this??

jessalovessammy
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:37 pm

Phew Kez I thought it was just me having panic attacks about the wedding!! :oops: can't help but freaking out losing sleep hey, my mind is about to explode :!:

AliBaby
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:51 pm

Yep, me too Kez and Jessa! I have had a few freak out moments and fights with FH over nothing just because I feel so stressed :oops: trying to remain calm and centred but it is hard with so much on at the moment. I feel like I need to have the week off work before we go away but I would have to take it without pay and that would mean 3 weeks off work without pay which we simply cant afford.

Other freak outs include the fact that FH still doesnt have a wedder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and one of our groomsmen just pulled out as of today with a F...ing text message saying "I'd really like to come but due to financial circumstances are unable to. Sorry." Nice hey! I mean months ago maybe this would have been acceptable but 3 weeks out when he said he was certain and when we had even bought his outfit! Arrhhh angry and I know FH is cut about it. I told FH that it didnt matter if we had uneven sides to the bridal party and that all the important people will be at our wedding, etc but :evil: I am mad!

To top it off my DD is sick with an ear infection, the poor thing and I know its better now than on the plane but I feel like between her an I we have been sick for months!

Anyway this time in 3 weeks we will be in Fiji so if it isnt organised by then, it just isnt going to happen! 8O

Maddie83

Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:12 am

Jess, dress is beautiful. :D As I have written.
AliBaby wrote:
Oh and one of our groomsmen just pulled out as of today with a F...ing text message saying "I'd really like to come but due to financial circumstances are unable to. Sorry." Nice hey! I mean months ago maybe this would have been acceptable but 3 weeks out when he said he was certain and when we had even bought his outfit! Arrhhh angry and I know FH is cut about it. I told FH that it didnt matter if we had uneven sides to the bridal party and that all the important people will be at our wedding, etc but :evil: I am mad!

To top it off my DD is sick with an ear infection, the poor thing and I know its better now than on the plane but I feel like between her an I we have been sick for months!

Anyway this time in 3 weeks we will be in Fiji so if it isnt organised by then, it just isnt going to happen! 8O

AliBaby, difficult situation. I'm really sorry. Maybe someone of the guests invited to the wedding would replace him?
I keep my fingers crossed for the health of DD.

It's weird, I write, but not nervous because of the wedding in Poland. Nervous when I think of the wedding party in Sydney. I do not know what dress should I wear...I have no idea for a hairstyle...Wwrrr.

missmalt
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:05 am

It can b so overwhelming. My mind keeps ticking Over all the things to b done. I keep worrying that I have spent too much FPIL are supposed to b giving us some money to help. But we don't know when and we have over spent by $1000. My dress alterations ended up costing more.
I have a habit of takin on too much and not asking for help

On another note I think ur dress is amazing Jessa!!!!
Alibaby, that is totally terrible about ur Dd. Have u got her on antibiotics. Just try to look after yourself. My biggest fear is to b sick on my wedding day.

elouise

Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:07 am

Thank goodness! It must be normal then. LOL.
I'm feeling so nervous, completely stressed out about every little thing and just really on edge all the time lately.
So I'm glad I'm not the only one. :)

Also, my dad just told me the other day how stressed out my mum was before their wedding too - which goes against how easy she says it was to organise! LOL. Hopefully that means we will all forget some of this stress and only remember the good bits?

jessalovessammy
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:34 pm

AliBaby wrote:
8O

Ali, that SUCKS!! I would kill him (not literally) but seriously? That close to the day?? Im so sorry to hear that- did you have someone else who would be prepared? Its the most important day of your life...I don't think I could forgive someone if they did that so close out. I hope it all works out on that front, but your day is going to be perfect!

I am having mini panic attacks all day about everything from how the centrepieces will look to whether I am going to knock decorations off walking down the aisle with my huge skirt...its almost too much and I kind of wish we eloped!!!

Scarlett
I need a title
I need a title

Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:28 pm

I am actually the complete opposite - while not everything is done, it pretty much is and I'm just waiting now. I wouldnt necessarily say I'm "over it" but just not stressed at all. Figure it will all come together. Now I'm just excited about getting to Hamilton Island and catching up with all my friends and family!!!

Mind you....stay tuned....because this may change when I realise I only have 2 weeks left and I have stuff I've forgotten to do!!! At the moment, I just figure my wedding planner can sort it out once we arrive :P

Cheeky Roxy
Foxy Roxy
Foxy Roxy

Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:02 pm

Scarlett - I'm with you, I'm just going with the flow....I think I had more of a stress attack a few months ago, when I thought there is no way we are going to afford this wedding lol

Finalised my flowers today and am waiting for the order of service from the celebrant and basically just sorting out the seating plan and writing my speech and that should be it!! 8O

missmalt
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:54 pm

Cheeky Roxy wrote:
Scarlett - I'm with you, I'm just going with the flow....I think I had more of a stress attack a few months ago, when I thought there is no way we are going to afford this wedding lol

Finalised my flowers today and am waiting for the order of service from the celebrant and basically just sorting out the seating plan and writing my speech and that should be it!! 8O

I wish I could be that relaxed. I have a little more time to go which is good :) but I go on school camp 3 weeks before the wedding so miss out on all that extra time :( I am going to try and go with the flow and b positive. Think of the good things a little anxiety = a little weight loss lol

Kez N Damo
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:07 am

I'm so glad it's not just me... Everyday I wake up singing songs in my head that we will have playing at the wedding. Weird!! I just can't turn my mind off. I would love to be so relaxed and enjoying these last couple of weeks (23 days today!! WHOO!!)

I'm actually glad that I am working the weeks leading up to the wedding cos it's distracting me. Although any time I'm at a computer I'm usually sneaking about with something to do with the wedding!! Hehe!

I wanna go on holiday!!

Kez N Damo
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:13 am

AliBaby wrote:

That is absolute B.S.!! How could he do that to you?! I am so mad for you guys! :e_snooty: Take back his suit and use the cash to buy yourselves a crap load of cocktails or something!!

I hope your DD is feeling better soon. FH has come down with a pretty bad cold yesterday... Straight to the chemist!! Better now than in three weeks I guess.

Kez N Damo
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:33 pm

YAY!!! I got my dress today. It is perfect and fits like a glove!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Cheeky Roxy
Foxy Roxy
Foxy Roxy

Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:45 pm

Kez N Damo wrote:
YAY!!! I got my dress today. It is perfect and fits like a glove!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

woohoo!!

jessalovessammy
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:04 pm

Kez N Damo wrote:

YAY!! Pictures please!

Cheeky Roxy
Foxy Roxy
Foxy Roxy

Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:17 pm

well so much with being stress free - I have just been informed by my mother that my sisters do not like their dresses.....a year ago mum and I bought them and I kept asking them those first few weeks whether they liked them and that they were happy with them, because if they didn't we wanted to be able to take them back asap

they couldn't even tell me themselves and now they are avoiding me........argh
GZIP: On | Load: 0.45