A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

jessalovessammy
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: September 2011

Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:39 pm

Cheeky Roxy wrote:
well so much with being stress free - I have just been informed by my mother that my sisters do not like their dresses.....a year ago mum and I bought them and I kept asking them those first few weeks whether they liked them and that they were happy with them, because if they didn't we wanted to be able to take them back asap

they couldn't even tell me themselves and now they are avoiding me........argh

Sorry to hear that Roxy...I'm sure they will love them on the day and look beautiful all the same.

andie85
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:44 pm

Hello girls sorry I have been absent from here over the last few weeks. It has been so busy here. Three weeks to go! Only nine days left of work. There is so much to do!!!!

Cheeky- I wouldn't worry about the girls dresses, you gave them the opportunity to speak up and say if they didn't like it so too bad. I am sure that they are beautiful and they are just being difficult.

I have had some issues with the wedding but things that can be easily fixed!

elouise

Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:57 pm

Sigh...I can't believe the stupid fights I'm having with people lately.
Yesterday I had one with FMIL over who was taking any gifts/cards/cash we received back to the house for us.
My mum offered to do it and I said 'sure', not thinking it was a big deal at all. FMIL got all weird when I mentioned it to her, saying that she had it planned in her head that she was going to do it and now it wasn't working out that way. :roll:
The day before there was an argument with FMIL and the family friend who is organising my bridal shower. Weddings just seem to bring out the best in people don't they? All of a sudden there is a 'right' way to do things (and of course, everyone thinks a different way is the right way. lol. :P)

FMIL is stressing me out in particular over these silly details, but when will people learn that if they don't say anything to you about what they want to do to help, then chances are you aren't going to read their mind about it and you're going to ask someone else? I wish people would just tell me what they want to help with (or say they don't want to help at all), rather than giving you the silent treatment or something.

I'm sick of stressing about the smallest things. I don't want to cry every day about something stupid. I just want to look forward to getting married to the man i love.

Alibaby - I can't believe your GM pulled out via text message! I hope you can get things sorted out with him.

jessalovessammy
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:12 pm

Eloise only 29 days til you are married---- WOOO HOOO!!

I hear you about people not speaking up then being disappointed, but its your day. No one should be able to ruin that for you and your H2B!

Just think, soon you will be married and whoever takes the cards back won't matter a single bit. :D Wish weddings were a bit easier but learning along the way has made us stronger too :heart:

AliBaby
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:38 am

Elouise- sorry your FMIL is being a pain. You are definitely right about weddings bringing out the worst in some people. the main thing I think all brides want is for people to be straight with them. It is frustrating!

We havent spoken to the GM who pulled out. If he cant give us the courtesy of picking up the phone then he can stew on it for a while.
FH asked one of his other mates who is coming to step in and he was honoured to so now we have to go and exchange all of the original stuff for some larger clothing for our new GM.

I have updated my Show and tell with some pics of my beautiful daughterand her BF who is also my Bridesmaid's daughter in their Fijian flowergirl outfits. They are absolutely gorgeous!

Mandib2b
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:56 am

Hi Girls i have been absent sorry!
Not long know cant believe it.
Get to see my dress tomorrow for the 1st time its getting made. I was stressed over this as its so close & i hadnt heard a thing!!
Hopefully tomorrow it will be what i asked for fingers crossed :heart:

Few dramas as well my FH cousin who is 19 has a new boyfriend we didnt want to invite him but they kept dropping hints so we did.
Now he doesnt want to come because he says he doesnt know us! Im like thats exactly why we didnt want you to come.
Now the cousin says ill bring a friend instead!!! I was so mad she is just a sook that has to have someone there. I said its unreasonable for us
to pay for someone we dont know & you will be fine at the reception for a few hours. More than likely she will be on her mobile!
I mean that is just an insult!! Who invites someone that isnt invited???

Another thing my FIL's says they want to invite their brothers??? They dont speak to them so now we have to print off more invites rearrange the table seats,
order place cards more cupckaes etc!!! we are very mad more stress we dont need.

anyways im stressed about the weather is anyone else?? im obsessed atm with looking up the 28 day forecast
please pray for no rain as its outside in beautiful gardens!

speak soon :heart: :heart: :heart:

elouise

Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:46 am

Thanks guys, I'm going to take a bit of a step back and try not to let every little thing get to me. We're going to be busy at work, so I don't need to be stressing about all this over the next few weeks. Although I found out last night that I stuffed up the guest list for my kitchen tea and 2 people did not get invited. Now I have to work out how to fix it when the party is this Saturday :?

Perfect timing for you to mention the 28 day forecast! :) We have 28 days to go, so our wedding day has just appeared on the forecast today. lol. I know I will be obsessed with looking at it now, as we are getting married in a garden as well. :D

We had dramas in the beginning with plus ones as well, so in the end we decided that unless we knew the plus one (as in, they are boyfriend and girlfriend and have been together for a while) then as long as they had people they knew at the wedding, then they would be fine on their own. And most people have been pretty understanding of that. I hope it all works out for you!

charlottecj

Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:12 am

Ladies, I might regret asking this, but where do you find the 28-day forecast? I'm down to 18 days and would love to see what's in the weather cards! :-)

elouise

Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:26 am

I just googled '28 day forecast melbourne' and found the one on the age website: http://weather.theage.com.au/local.jsp

good luck! :)

Cheeky Roxy
Foxy Roxy
Foxy Roxy

Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:12 pm

LOL on the weather check - I do this before I go on holiday as well but I just check it on foxtel

andie85
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:07 pm

Hello ladies,

I cannot believe how fast it is all going now. I leave to go to Townsville NEXT WEEK 8O It is all happening way too quickly. I have so much to do! I want it to slow down so I can start enjoying it all!!

On another note - We got to see our bubs heart beat at the dating scan today. We are so in love!

elouise

Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:22 pm

That's so exciting :) Not long to go at all for you.
Awww, the heart beat - that's so cool. We are all a bit clucky in my office right now. My boss has just gone on maternity leave and everyone's excited :)

I just worked out I have 16 days of work left. Do you think it would be too obvious if I put a count down calendar on my desk? :lol: :lol: :lol:

andie85
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:28 pm

Thanks! It was an amazing experience. I cannot wait for another scan!

I say put a countdown calendar on your desk! I would have it in flashing lights if I could! They will probably think that you are been a total romantic!

Cheeky Roxy
Foxy Roxy
Foxy Roxy

Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:36 pm

oh andie - yay on hearing the heartbeat. i always cried when I heard it

elouise - i say put that count down calender up :lol: :lol:

andie85
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:40 pm

Cheeky Roxy wrote:
oh andie - yay on hearing the heartbeat. i always cried when I heard it

elouise - i say put that count down calender up :lol: :lol:

I did too! It is just so reassuring IYKWIM. Especially when the ultrasound lady said everything is normal and bub was safe and sound. It is one less thing to stress about. I can continue to focus on the wedding now. I am still tying bows!!

jessalovessammy
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:37 pm

Hey ladies! How exciting about bub :) So precious!

I had some terrible news this week that really took the wind out of my sails, my close friend who I share a desk with at work is my age (26) and also recently engaged. You can imagine us two, as we work fulltime, sitting talking away.

Anyway, she was away Friday last week, and none the wiser I thought she must have the flu. We just found out that after work, 20 mins after walking through the door to her fiance she had a seizure. The ambulance took her to Hospital and after scans, a quarter or so of her brain is a tumour. She is currently in the Neurosurgery ward having more tests- I am gutted. Its taken all the joy out of everything for me, and when I went and saw her in hospital she was like "I can't wait to come to your wedding!"

So sad :cry: Can't stop crying and its so upsetting for me to think she is in the same place in life as me, getting dealt with a tumour :(

Cheeky Roxy
Foxy Roxy
Foxy Roxy

Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:53 pm

OMG Jessa, that is so sad, the poor thing. I cannot imagine what her and her fiance are going thru, thinking of her.

oh the decisions - trying to decide on music

elouise

Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:12 am

Oh, jessa, that's so sad. I'm so sorry to hear that.
It really makes you think about what is important, doesn't it? :cry:

andie85
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:25 am

Oh Jessa, I am so sorry to hear that. Big Hugs!!!

Roxy - I am doing the same thing. Trying to decide what to play when we walk in etc.

elouise

Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:46 am

We're trying to pick that too and it was a lot harder than I expected. We had a meeting with our DJ the other day and I'm afraid it turns out we didn't know as much as we thought we did about the order of how things will go on the night, etc. We now have to go away and work on that again :lol:
There's so much that I didn't realise we had to think about or decide on! 8O
GZIP: On | Load: 0.33