July 2011

Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:24 am

A place for all the July 2011 brides to share their plans :D

Net
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: July 2011

Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:19 pm

I'm 16th of July 2011, Darwin NT. Very excited!

missy81

Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:20 pm

I am getting married July 23rd 2011 in Townsville...I can't wait :D

Net
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:41 pm

missy81 wrote:
I am getting married July 23rd 2011 in Townsville...I can't wait :D

Yay, another July bride!! :-)

missy81

Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:31 am

Hi Net,

It's a quiet month so far!! Well I bought my dress on Saturday. I have been engaged for just over 3 years and I have been trying dresses on forever. I am so glad the ordeal is over and I am 100% sure that I have chosen the right dress. It is simple but classic. I love love love it!

Net
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:10 pm

missy81 wrote:
Hi Net,

It's a quiet month so far!! Well I bought my dress on Saturday. I have been engaged for just over 3 years and I have been trying dresses on forever. I am so glad the ordeal is over and I am 100% sure that I have chosen the right dress. It is simple but classic. I love love love it!

Yeah, I know what you mean, just me and you for the moment!

Congrats on buying your dress!! Are you going to post a picture?? :D

I'm starting my search for dresses in 4 weeks. I'm taking my Mum, MOH and another bridesmaid (if she can make it) along. I'm looking for something pretty simple and classic also, but knowing me I bet I'll change my mind, I'm hopeless like that!

missy81

Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:35 am

I would post a picture but I have absolutely no idea how. If you go to the Halo Bridal website it is dress H2055.

You will have so much fun going shopping with everyone. I did that about 3 weeks ago with 5 of my friends and it was a great day.

I know what you mean about changing your mind. I had a dress on lay-by and after 2 months I absolutely hated it. That's why I know I have made the right decision this time cause I was just so happy in it.

Are you originally from Darwin? My FH is up there at the moment. He is in the army and is training to go to Timor for 8 months. I am glad I have a wedding to plan to keep me distracted!

Net
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:04 pm

Your gown is beautiful!! It's a little similar to my friends gown who got married last weekend.

I'm a Katherine girl, but moved to Darwin a couple of years ago to be with my FH. We have been friends since primary school and finally got together when I was teaching down in Katherine. We did long distance for 2 years. Now he works at the mines so in a way, we still do long distance!! Mind you, it's nothing like the army. Army wifes do iy tough, I couldn't do what you guys do.

missy81

Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:12 pm

Thanks Net! I love it too.

I love your story about you and your FH. How romantic that you ended up together after so long. I don't know how you did long distance for 2 years. That is a huge commitment, but obviously worth it for you both. xx

The mines sounds similar to the army. I guess the only difference is you get regular catch ups. This is the longest we will have been apart. I think our wedding will be the best reunion we could possibly have!

Leisal

Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:29 pm

Hi!

I am getting married 9th July 2011 :D

Cant wait to here about your plans

Net
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:28 pm

Leisal wrote:
Hi!

I am getting married 9th July 2011 :D

Cant wait to here about your plans

Hi Leisal!!

Welcome to the July club :-) We are now officially at 3!!

Leisal

Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:44 pm

Yay! Are you organised?

Net
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:43 pm

Leisal wrote:
Yay! Are you organised?

Organised...yeah, sort of :-)

I have my ceremony venue, reception and photographer booked. Our reception package covers DJ. I've chosen my bm dresses just waiting on 2 of the bms to give me their sizes. I'm going dress shopping for the first time in 2 weeks, nervous but very excited! I have a show and tell if you want to see the finer details.

What about you?

Jaybird

Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:35 pm

Hi Girls :) I'm another July bride.

My wedding date is 3rd July (a Sunday!) 2011. Nice to see that there are some others getting married at that time of year. I'm in Melbourne, so it will be COLD on the day, but FH and I decided that it would be the best time for us, because we are planning a honeymoon overseas (location TBC), and wanted to have lovely weather.

I'm afraid I'm not very organised in comparison to the other girls on here who are still 18 / 12 months out from their wedding date and have everything arranged! We only got engaged mid July! So far, we have booked our ceremony and reception venues and that is it. Planning on looking at some photographers over the next couple of weeks too, but other than that, everything else is still up in the air (although I have a few ideas about my dress and BM dresses :wink: ).

Net
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:07 pm

Jaybird wrote:
Hi Girls :) I'm another July bride.

My wedding date is 3rd July (a Sunday!) 2011. Nice to see that there are some others getting married at that time of year. I'm in Melbourne, so it will be COLD on the day, but FH and I decided that it would be the best time for us, because we are planning a honeymoon overseas (location TBC), and wanted to have lovely weather.

I'm afraid I'm not very organised in comparison to the other girls on here who are still 18 / 12 months out from their wedding date and have everything arranged! We only got engaged mid July! So far, we have booked our ceremony and reception venues and that is it. Planning on looking at some photographers over the next couple of weeks too, but other than that, everything else is still up in the air (although I have a few ideas about my dress and BM dresses :wink: ).

Hi Jaybird!

Welcome to the July Brides :-)

I love Melbourne! I bet you'll have a lovely wedding, there are so many beautiful places there. I'm the opposite to you, I'm getting married in Darwin so it'll be on the warmer side. Mind you, it'll be our dry season, so not as hot as the rest of the year.

Looking forward to hearing about your plans.

missy81

Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:41 pm

Hi girls, I love that we are adding more to the July club, how exciting!

I went to the travel agent today and have decided on the Greek Islands for our honeymoon. Just have to talk FH into it now. I will try my hardest but I think I will talk him around! I am so excited right now!!!

Net
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:44 pm

missy81 wrote:

I went to the travel agent today and have decided on the Greek Islands for our honeymoon. Just have to talk FH into it now. I will try my hardest but I think I will talk him around! I am so excited right now!!!

Greek Islands will be beautiful!! I'm thinking about Bali. I've never been outside of Australia before so I think I'll just take a little step out on my first trip :)

Jaybird

Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:53 pm

missy81 wrote:

Wow! The Greek Islands *sigh*...we have settled on the Cook Islands after umming and ahhing for ages about where we would like to go and where we can actually afford to go! FH and I really wanted somewhere totally relaxing where we could just unwind and be together. Privacy was also important to us - we didn't want hordes of tourists around us the whole honeymoon. So, we are staying here: http://etumoana.com/gallery.html

It has fantastic reviews on Trip Advisor, so we have hopefully made a good choice!

Got our meeting with a potential photographer next Tuesday as well, so plans are starting to take shape now. :D

missy81

Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:48 pm

Hi Net, I went to NZ for my first time overseas and the trip over was a bit overwhelming so I don't blame you! bali sounds so nice and tropical.

Jaybird your accomodation looks great, have you booked it already?

By the way girls, we can only afford the Greek Islands cause we will be on our way to London anyway and it is practically the same price for flights. We are doing the 2 year UK working holiday straight after our wedding. So excited. I have so much to plan betweeen now and the wedding!!!

Net
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:47 pm

missy81 wrote:
Hi Net, I went to NZ for my first time overseas and the trip over was a bit overwhelming so I don't blame you! bali sounds so nice and tropical.

Jaybird your accomodation looks great, have you booked it already?

By the way girls, we can only afford the Greek Islands cause we will be on our way to London anyway and it is practically the same price for flights. We are doing the 2 year UK working holiday straight after our wedding. So excited. I have so much to plan betweeen now and the wedding!!!

So very jealous!! I really want to go to the UK. A working holiday is a great idea, I'm sure you'll have a blast!!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.5