A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

jimmy_sal
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: July 2011

Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:55 am

Hi girls :)

So I woke up yesterday morning and realized holy crap.....we're getting married this year and in 6 months!!! Our wedding date is 23rd July 2011 (the anniversary of when we started dating in 2008!!) and we are getting married in Maryborough, QLD. We currently live in SA so you would think that planning would be difficult, but it's been quite a breeze. I am only stuck on the bm dresses but this is what is planned and booked so far;
Ceremony: Waterfall in Queen's Park, Maryborough ($26 booking fee)
Celebrant: David Proctor ($300)
Reception: Maryborough RSL ($1500 including $500 bar tab)
DJ/MC: Ian Langer ($450 4hrs)
Photographer: Brad Battaglene ($550 4 hrs)
Dress: 70236 by Henry Roth in Ivory ($520)
Cake: 6 inch round fruit cake on top with 42 chocolate cup cakes tiered encased in purple casing and a clear box to be given as a favour ($270)
Flowers: 1x artificial tear drop bouquet, 4x posies, 3x corsages ($200)
Rings: My band is a set with my e-ring ($2100 set) and FH's band is mixture of white gold and gold ($680)
Bonbonerrie: 38x ivory packages filled with 2 chocolate hearts (I'll add pics later)

Well that's all I can think of now, l update later with pics

Salise

jimmy_sal
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:33 pm

missy81 wrote:
I am getting married July 23rd 2011 in Townsville...I can't wait :D

Oooh the same date as me...yay :-)

sweeti3
Mrs Bailey
Mrs Bailey

Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:48 am

jimmy_sal wrote:
Hi girls :)

So I woke up yesterday morning and realized holy crap.....we're getting married this year and in 6 months!!! Our wedding date is 23rd July 2011 (the anniversary of when we started dating in 2008!!) and we are getting married in Maryborough, QLD. We currently live in SA so you would think that planning would be difficult, but it's been quite a breeze. I am only stuck on the bm dresses but this is what is planned and booked so far;
Ceremony: Waterfall in Queen's Park, Maryborough ($26 booking fee)
Celebrant: David Proctor ($300)
Reception: Maryborough RSL ($1500 including $500 bar tab)
DJ/MC: Ian Langer ($450 4hrs)
Photographer: Brad Battaglene ($550 4 hrs)
Dress: 70236 by Henry Roth in Ivory ($520)
Cake: 6 inch round fruit cake on top with 42 chocolate cup cakes tiered encased in purple casing and a clear box to be given as a favour ($270)
Flowers: 1x artificial tear drop bouquet, 4x posies, 3x corsages ($200)
Rings: My band is a set with my e-ring ($2100 set) and FH's band is mixture of white gold and gold ($680)
Bonbonerrie: 38x ivory packages filled with 2 chocolate hearts (I'll add pics later)

Well that's all I can think of now, l update later with pics

Salise

Yay how exciting. I'm still lagging behind a bit. I'm away for 4 weeks for work so I am finding it difficult to do things. I'm currently getting quotes for cars but they are all out of our budget at more than $1500. I am also trying to go dress shopping next week :).

jimmy_sal
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:38 pm

Dont worry, it will all fall into place when it needs to! I seem organised but there is probably so much that i have forgotten!! :lol:

cloudie
Mrs Awesome!
Mrs Awesome!

Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:05 pm

I was a 2012 bride but due to changing circumstances I'm now a July 2011 bride. We're getting married on July 9th in Sydney. It's only 6 months away and I am having mini heart palpitations!!

dolcengabbana

Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:57 pm

cloudie wrote:
I was a 2012 bride but due to changing circumstances I'm now a July 2011 bride. We're getting married on July 9th in Sydney. It's only 6 months away and I am having mini heart palpitations!!

Yay 9th July Me too :)

Okay so this how i am going
Dress: Ordered Today
Shoes: Manolo Blahnik Shoes received
Hair Peice: Stephanie Browne St Tropez being sent to me tomorrow from the Sydney store
Hair & Makeup: Mermaids Wave Port Douglas Booked and Deposit Paid

Celebrant: Natasha Kollosche Booked and Deposit Paid
Ceremony/ Reception Venue: Salsa Port Douglas Booked and Deposit Paid
DJ: Nick Booked
Photographer: Lizzy Sawdon Booked and Deposit Paid (almost completely paid her in total actually)
Cake: Interviewing Bakers and looking at options currently
Flowers: Interviewing and looking at options
Centrepeices: I think i just want candles, but will discuss with venue

Groom
He has to arrange all of the suits!!
Bridesmaids
I am in QLD they are in Perth, they are goign to go dress searching this month and I am paying for their dresses and shoes

Honeymoon
We have booked a 28 night getaway
Depart Cairns via brisbane and Singapore to Amsterdam
3 Nights Amsterdam join a cruise for 12 nights through Belgium, France, Spain, Gibraltar, Italy, Greece, Turkey, disembark Turkey for 2 nights then onto Rome for 4 nights, Paris for 4 nights then Singapore for 2 nights then HOME!!! Broke

sweeti3
Mrs Bailey
Mrs Bailey

Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:50 pm

Wow D&G your honeymoon sounds amazing.

People have started recieving their STDs yeterday. We have already had 2 of FH cousins call asking if kids are invited. They also nearly gave me a heart attack saying that there were only 2 rooms at the resort avaliable. I immediately called the wedding coordinator who confirmed that there are still 100+ rooms left and that she has book the rooms I requested. Looks like we have already had 4 couples who won't be coming (2 are PG and due that week and 2 have kids they won't leave). Its good though, lol. Our guest list is at 120 and the chapel only really holds 100 so we are hoping for 90.

I can't believe how far I am behind.
I emailed car companies this week although they are all so exxy. So I'm still looking into that.
I will have to call SIL today to organise when we are going dress shopping so then I can make appointments.

jimmy_sal
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:48 pm

Can anyone help me with this problem??

I am still yet to organise my bm dresses as 2 live in QLD, 1 lives in NT and the other lives in VIC. How am I supposed to get all my girls in the same dress and also 3 of the bm's are my sisters and my dad is being very strict with the dresses saying cause he is paying then it's his say in what they wear and the length. I want just on or past the knees-he wants floor length....help!!!!

sweeti3
Mrs Bailey
Mrs Bailey

Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:12 pm

Well I don't know what to do about your Dad...I suppose just negotiate. Maybe he won't mind the dress if you have one to show him.

As for the BM I am also having this problem. One lives in Coffs with me, one 3 hrs away and one down in Wagga. I was planning to go with different dresses in the same colour but one BM found a dress she loved and the others loved it too. It is an Alfered Angelo dress which is stocked in most bridal shops so they are going to try the style in their local shop to get the size and then depending on prices etc. I will either order them all together or they can just order them through their local shop.

We also did a simlar thing for a friends wedding where I was a BM. We all travelled to shop together but found dresses in a shop like sportsgirl or dotti and we all needed size 8 and they only stocked 2. We ended up getting the store to call my local store and another girls local store to hold the dresses for us. So considering how it turned out the bride could have found the dress and we just got them from our local store.

So perhaps try something like that. Even if you aren't going proper BM dresses try a chain shop and then the BM can try on the dress in their own town.

jane-bride to be

Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:05 am

Hello ladies,

Another July bride here..... we are getting married on 4th July 2011 at Port Douglas. :heart:
I've noticed another couple of July Port Douglas brides which is nice. We should have a lot to chat about. :D

Here's my plans so far:
Dress- deposit paid, fitting in April (love to loose a few kgs before then!)
FH Suit- he has two that he already owns to choose from- he insisted on NOT buying another one!!!
Ceremony- to be held at St Mary's by the sea, booked through the lovely ladies at Port Douglas weddings
Shoes- arrived in the mail last week- love them....but also considering some flats for the reception
Reception- light lunch and drinks at Lure Restaurant by the marina
Flowers- I decided to have a wrist corsage instead of a bouquet, to save on costs- and have hands free!
Hair and make up- booked, have ordered a hairpiece from ebay, should be arriving soon- i hope!
Jewelery- wearing a beautiful dainty necklace my FH gave me and I've bought some simple pearl earrings to match.
Rings- purchased, just need to get my wedding band re-sized.
Favors- small organza bags with personalised choc hearts inside.
Centrepieces- not sure.....flowers are quite costly- considering shells to fit with the beach theme
Accommodation- Mercure Treetops
Flights- booked
Hire car- booked
Veil- considering if I will or will not have one.....my sister and friend have one each, I will try with the dress and decide.
Invitations- sent, wanted to give guests plenty of time to book and rsvp- most will be traveling a long way from Vic.
Underwear- not organised yet......perhaps something nice for later, but during the day something to flattering under the dress.
Photographer- my brother-in-law will be designated for this job!

So, feeling fairly on top of it all.....just hoping I haven't forgotten anything!!! Has been a lot of emailing interstate to both the wedding organisers in Qld and to my family in Vic (I'm in NSW!). Can not wait to try on my dress again with all the accessories! :)

How is everyone else going with their planning?
Cheers, Jane.

Mands
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:04 pm

Hi All
I am another July bride! My wedding is on the 29th July 2011, at the Shangri-La in Fiji! Everyone seems a lot more organised then me! :oops:
We have had a lot of trouble, particularly with my dad, and were ready to call Fiji off! But it is all back on track now!
I ordered my dress back in September, so it has just come in so I have to make an appointment to try it on! Hope it fits!
We have just made our invites and are ready to send them out, we sent STD's out over 6 months ago so everyone already knows. We already have over 20 people booked!! So exciting!! The minute we had everything confirmed with the resort we started letting people know so they can take advantage of the travel specials. We only confirmed and booked with them a few weeks ago which is why I feel so disorganised! At least it is in Fiji so the resort takes care of a lot of it!
I have been putting off posting until I knew exactly what we are doing :roll: But the deposit is all paid now!!

Donna11

Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:05 pm

Hi Ladies!

I'm getting married on 2 July 2011. Less than 4 months to go!

Venue: Paradise Palms Resort and Country Club (Palm Cove)
Theme: Red Classic Romance (red black and white - stacks of red roses)

It tends not to be too cold up here in winter - just a nice temperature and no rain (fingers crossed)!

RockyD

Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:54 am

Hi all,
another July bride here (July 9 in Toowoomba). My dress arrived the other day, I got it custom made from a Chinese ebay store ... was a little worried that it may have gone wrong but it's beautiful. Sheath style lace over satin with a few shiny beads - it has a little lace bolero jacket. But I'm thinking of getting something a bit warmer to cover my shoulders like a fur shawl or cape. Is anyone having anything like that?

We've booked the venue and have the rings on laybuy. I'm looking at getting silk flowers because July is not a great flower month and then I can keep them (or resell them! lol)

Still need to find a cake, shoes, underwear, veil, guestbook, hmmmm, maybe I should get into gear!

Looking forward to sharing with all of you, I don't know much about weddings so feel like I'm flying blind at times.

RockyD

cloudie
Mrs Awesome!
Mrs Awesome!

Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:00 pm

RockyD wrote:
Hi all,
another July bride here (July 9 in Toowoomba). My dress arrived the other day, I got it custom made from a Chinese ebay store ... was a little worried that it may have gone wrong but it's beautiful. Sheath style lace over satin with a few shiny beads - it has a little lace bolero jacket. But I'm thinking of getting something a bit warmer to cover my shoulders like a fur shawl or cape. Is anyone having anything like that?

We've booked the venue and have the rings on laybuy. I'm looking at getting silk flowers because July is not a great flower month and then I can keep them (or resell them! lol)

Still need to find a cake, shoes, underwear, veil, guestbook, hmmmm, maybe I should get into gear!

Looking forward to sharing with all of you, I don't know much about weddings so feel like I'm flying blind at times.

RockyD

We are wedding twins!!

RockyD

Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:44 am

cloudie wrote:

We are wedding twins!!

Yay! Twins! :)

jane-bride to be

Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:33 am

OMG! 8O
One more month to go ladies! How exciting!!!! :D

sweeti3
Mrs Bailey
Mrs Bailey

Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:55 pm

OMG July starts tomorrow 8O 8O

I hope everyone's planning is almost done. I am just finishing up all the little last minute jobs.

Good luck everyone, enjoy your day :)

kristenw089

Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:39 pm

Reading those comments, touched me. I really love the day me and my husband unite together as husband and wife. It was really an exciting day for me and it was really the best!
_____
Kristen @ Wedding Garden

Moderator Team
The Mod Squad
The Mod Squad
Topic Author

Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:28 pm

Ladies this topic will now be locked as the end of July has been and gone.

Congratulations on all your weddings
GZIP: On | Load: 0.18