A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Jaybird

Re: July 2011

Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:27 pm

missy81 wrote:
Hi Net, I went to NZ for my first time overseas and the trip over was a bit overwhelming so I don't blame you! bali sounds so nice and tropical.

Jaybird your accomodation looks great, have you booked it already?

By the way girls, we can only afford the Greek Islands cause we will be on our way to London anyway and it is practically the same price for flights. We are doing the 2 year UK working holiday straight after our wedding. So excited. I have so much to plan betweeen now and the wedding!!!

:) Missy, we have officially booked everything as of yesterday and now I am very excited about going!! So jealous of your plans for a working holiday...being a little bit older (I'm 34, but FH is only 30), I have lots of friends who have done the working holiday in the UK and they have all had a wonderful time - I actually can't think of anyone who had a bad time! I only wish that I had been in a position to do it myself! I'm sure you will both have a fabulous working holiday!

lula

Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:50 am

Hi there,
We are looking at July 23 or 30, 2011 for our wedding at the moment. Must say i'm a little nervous given that you guys seem quite organised already and we have done nothing, but then we are planning a very simple (ie cheap) wedding.

Net
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:10 pm

Welcome to the July club Lula and Susan!! Yay for having more July brides :D

missy81

Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:52 am

Hi Girls,

Jaybird wrote:
Hi Girls :) I'm another July bride.

My wedding date is 3rd July (a Sunday!) 2011. Nice to see that there are some others getting married at that time of year. I'm in Melbourne, so it will be COLD on the day, but FH and I decided that it would be the best time for us, because we are planning a honeymoon overseas (location TBC), and wanted to have lovely weather.

I'm afraid I'm not very organised in comparison to the other girls on here who are still 18 / 12 months out from their wedding date and have everything arranged! We only got engaged mid July! So far, we have booked our ceremony and reception venues and that is it. Planning on looking at some photographers over the next couple of weeks too, but other than that, everything else is still up in the air (although I have a few ideas about my dress and BM dresses :wink: ).

How did you go with photographers? found anything yet? I went and met with about 8 of them with a friend of mine that has studied photography. I judged them on their personality and she judged on the photo quality. I was lucky that my favourite person was also her favourite photographer so it worked out well. FH and I have already done an engagement shoot that comes complimentary with our package and we enjoyed working with him so much. He is so easy going. I haven't seen the photos yet though which I can't wait to do.

Net wrote:
missy81 wrote:
Hi girls, I love that we are adding more to the July club, how exciting!

I went to the travel agent today and have decided on the Greek Islands for our honeymoon. Just have to talk FH into it now. I will try my hardest but I think I will talk him around! I am so excited right now!!!

Greek Islands will be beautiful!! I'm thinking about Bali. I've never been outside of Australia before so I think I'll just take a little step out on my first trip :)

Net I was thinking of you the other day. They have advertised direct flights from Townsville to Bali now for really cheap starting in Dec. Maybe you could check out if you can go Darwin to Townsville to Bali to save money. I don't know if that's possible but thought it may be worth looking into?

Jaybird wrote:
missy81 wrote:
Hi Net, I went to NZ for my first time overseas and the trip over was a bit overwhelming so I don't blame you! bali sounds so nice and tropical.

Jaybird your accomodation looks great, have you booked it already?

By the way girls, we can only afford the Greek Islands cause we will be on our way to London anyway and it is practically the same price for flights. We are doing the 2 year UK working holiday straight after our wedding. So excited. I have so much to plan betweeen now and the wedding!!!

:) Missy, we have officially booked everything as of yesterday and now I am very excited about going!! So jealous of your plans for a working holiday...being a little bit older (I'm 34, but FH is only 30), I have lots of friends who have done the working holiday in the UK and they have all had a wonderful time - I actually can't think of anyone who had a bad time! I only wish that I had been in a position to do it myself! I'm sure you will both have a fabulous working holiday!

Jaybird I will be 30, 5 days before my wedding next year so I know what you mean. We wanted to wait a few more years (FH is 27 so he has that option) but age is not on my side. As long as I apply for my Visa before my birthday I am still able to go. Luckily.

lula wrote:
Hi there,
We are looking at July 23 or 30, 2011 for our wedding at the moment. Must say i'm a little nervous given that you guys seem quite organised already and we have done nothing, but then we are planning a very simple (ie cheap) wedding.

Hi Lula, I reckon you will still have heaps to plan for a simple wedding. Once you get stuck into it you realise how much is really involved. Thank God for this website I have learnt so much from other brides.

Sorry my post is so long everyone :)

lula

Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:13 pm

Hey Missy, i'm not too worried about the planning cos we are not having a traditional wedding.
I'm just not really interested in a lot of the things that are expected at a wedding, so that reduces the workload heaps. Finding a venue for the reception seems to be my biggest challenge - i'd love to find a nice (nicely priced) restaurant but have not been able to find anything so far. I really don't want your typical reception venue.

I have found a photographer that i really like and who is reasonably priced, and also think i may have a dress! it was an ebay bargain- a shop sample from a wedding dress designer who has closed her shop. she mailed it yesterday so fingers crossed it looks okay when it arrives. i'm tired of checking the letterbox every half hour!!

bellavista2010

Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:25 am

Hi Girls

I need to Join we just set our date last night 9th July 2011. After a quick look at our options here in Cairns/Port Douglas we decided on Port Douglas. We are going to hire out the Salsa Bar and Grill entirely and have both our ceremony and reception there.

I have found a dress i like online but i would love to try a similar style on to see how it works in real life! We have decided on our bridal party, celebrant is booked. Photographers are being interviewed and DJ's also interviewed and are waiting on their package prices to be emailed in.

Only 8 months and a handful of weeks... Crap :)

maz_star

Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:00 am

Hey Girls,

I'm also a July bride, getting married in the dandenongs in July is gonna be freezing, but it's just after i finish uni and its the quite time at work so works out well for us, and FH didnt want to wear a suit in summer. 9 months left now, still so much to do :e_wall: crap

Net
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:10 pm

Hi Bella Vista and Maz-Star!! Welcome to the July club. Looking forward to hearding about your plans :-)

darryl0230

Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:11 pm

Very cool thread about port douglas accommodation. I am currently writing down my planners guide for my vacation trip this coming January 2011.

Illikaeri
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:39 pm

x
Last edited by Illikaeri on Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

sarahc

Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:40 pm

Hi! I'm getting married on the 7th July in Airlie Beach, very excited and can't wait!!

Redkimstar

Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:53 pm

Hello, another July Bride, July 2nd Airlie Beach! Cannot wait for a beach destination wedding!!!

sweeti3
Mrs Bailey
Mrs Bailey

Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:14 pm

Hi everyone

I will hopefully be a July 2011 bride. I found out my BF has bought my e-ring as fedex left a msg on the phone (he doesn't know that I know). We are going away in 2 weeks so I assume that he will be proposing then. I have always dreamed of a winter wedding and want to get married before I finish uni which is next year. So that only leaves July 2010. Do you think it can be done?

Where is everyone else up to in planning? How far am I behind?
My SIL laughed when I said that if BF proposes when we go away that we will be getting married in July. She said it took her 2 years to plan her wedding and that it can't be done in less than 1 year, gulp.

Also I'm a bit worried that my final exams (I'm studying medicine) start in September. So only about 8 weeks after my ideal wedding date. Do you think that is too close?

clayhilda55

Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:49 pm

My sister is contemplating on becoming a June or July 2011 bride... :heart:

Chris0885

Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:51 pm

I'm a July Bride, Getting married on the 8th in beautiful Hamilton Island!

sarahc

Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:19 pm

Hi! I'm getting married 7th July next year... very excited!

missy81

Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:45 am

Hi everyone, welcome to all the new July brides. I reckon it must be a popular month!

I haven't posted in a while. I haven't really been focusing on our wedding much lately. My FH is in East Timor and at the moment I am trying to organise us moving house. I am also looking for a new car (my car stopped working in the middle of the main road and it is basically not worth repairing at all) and I had to put the dog down a few weeks ago. So not a lot of time to be focused on wedding plans but I am looking forward to relaxing over the Xmas break and then getting stuck into it again.

I have had a few parcels arrive in the mail that I ordered a while ago from the US which got me pretty excited though. They included some fake flowers for our 4 flower girls which are adorable and 2 of my nieces have been walking around with them practicing it is so cute. I decided to go for fake flowers for the FG's so they can keep them as a keepsake. They are so excited!

Anyway just thought I would check in. How is everyone else's plans going?

Candy

Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:30 pm

I am getting married on 30 July 2011 :) yay!

sweeti3
Mrs Bailey
Mrs Bailey

Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:47 am

Well it is all happening here.
We have a venue and phtoographer booked.
I have meetings arranged with celebrants and we met the decorator yesterday.
I think I am going to try and get cake done before christmas and perhaps some car quotes.
Then at Chrissy we are going to ask our bridal party as we will see them then. Then we will be able to start working on suits and BM dresses.
I have been dress shopping but haven't found the one so cutrrently trying to organise another day and head to Newy in Jan.

Net
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:17 pm

Missy, I'm so sorry to hear about your dog, that must have been very sad for you :-(
GZIP: On | Load: 0.27