A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Akanksha

Re: August 2011

Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:07 am

Hi all!

I'm an August 2011 Bride to be also!

We're getting married on the 20th of August at Poet's Lane in the Dandenongs (Victoria)

Are any of you concerned about the weather for August next year? I hope it's not too cold!

Most of you sound so organised. Studying and getting married! Wow! I can't imagine doing that! My fiance and I had been dating for almost 7 years before we got engaged, and I think it was simply because we both wanted to be settled in our jobs before we took the next step...That and we weren't old enough til now ;)

I've organised my venue, dress, photographer, celebrant. I'm DIYing my invites and programs. So I've got sample papers and stuff - but still deciding on how to do them.

We're getting the bridesmaid dresses made, so we just need to choose a fabric. We've got an idea of the design, but the girls are wanting to put off getting them made for a little bit longer (one of them wants to loose some weight)

The next big thing is flowers, cake and wedding bads.

Congratulations to everyone though - on getting engaged! :D It's a very exciting time!!!

jasmine&paul
I survived and got married

Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:06 pm

Hi Akanksha august 20 seems to be a poplur date!!

I am a little concerned it may be a bit cold (mainly for guests turning up in trackies or something lol) but my fingers are crossed for a nice day :D i ended up going with August as our venue had a winter deal so i decided to go with it and save the $3k as i was originally planning 3/9 (our anniversary) so im hoping as its 3 days before spring it will be nice!!

You should start an s&t if you havent already :tick:

My girls are also wanting to wait longer to get a dress made or buy one. One of my girls is also looking at getting a boob reduction so im hoping that will happen soon so i can get things sorted! But i want it sorted by the end of the year. Have you set a time limit of when to have them sorted?

I will go check out your s&t ashie & dandas

Hope everyone is having a good week! I had a bit of a study meltdown this week thinking i wouldnt have enough time to get thru the material before the exam so i banned myself from FB & WC but im over it and back on :mrgreen: cant wait for the long weekend! And in 31 days im off to bali so excited!!!!

jasmine&paul

Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:21 pm

ooh n ashie i work at the salvation army opposite number 1 sports ground

jasmine&paul

Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:35 pm

OMG third post in a row!!

Hey Ashie so your originally from Canberra did you guys make the move to Newcastle alone?

heartstringz
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:10 pm

Hi everyone!

I'm also an August 2011 bride - we are getting married in Brisbane on 27th.

I'm hoping that it won't be too cold, but I am looking into shawls for the BM's (and for myself for the reception).

I feel so un-organised compared to the rest of you! We have the venue booked and the catering organised, but that's about it. I know which flowers I am going to get but I am just waiting on my dress (which I haven't found yet). BM's have seen a few styles of dresses that they liked, which is good as one is going overseas in March 2011 so we have to have their dresses organised by then.

Also, got some ideas for the colour scheme, which is giving us a starting point for thinking about all the other aspects (decorations etc).

Dress shopping for myself tomorrow so maybe I'll find 'the one' this time! :)

dandas
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Akanksha wrote:
Hi all!

I'm an August 2011 Bride to be also!

We're getting married on the 20th of August at Poet's Lane in the Dandenongs (Victoria)

Are any of you concerned about the weather for August next year? I hope it's not too cold!

Most of you sound so organised. Studying and getting married! Wow! I can't imagine doing that! My fiance and I had been dating for almost 7 years before we got engaged, and I think it was simply because we both wanted to be settled in our jobs before we took the next step...That and we weren't old enough til now ;)

I've organised my venue, dress, photographer, celebrant. I'm DIYing my invites and programs. So I've got sample papers and stuff - but still deciding on how to do them.

We're getting the bridesmaid dresses made, so we just need to choose a fabric. We've got an idea of the design, but the girls are wanting to put off getting them made for a little bit longer (one of them wants to loose some weight)

The next big thing is flowers, cake and wedding bads.

Congratulations to everyone though - on getting engaged! :D It's a very exciting time!!!

Hey! Congrats, welcome etc :) You sound very organised too... I have chosen things like invites already and keep seeing new ideas that I wish I had known about so it's probably good that you haven't figured it all out. I'm DIYing too, it's SO much fun!

I'm not concerned about the cold at all, but thats cos I'm getting married just south of the gold coast (HOT! all year) and anything above 25 degrees and I just about die (I'm originally from the UK lol), but I'm sure in Vic, it's much more of a concern!
jasmine&paul wrote:
Hi Akanksha august 20 seems to be a poplur date!!

I am a little concerned it may be a bit cold (mainly for guests turning up in trackies or something lol) but my fingers are crossed for a nice day i ended up going with August as our venue had a winter deal so i decided to go with it and save the $3k as i was originally planning 3/9 (our anniversary) so im hoping as its 3 days before spring it will be nice!!

Woot, Aug 20 brides are awesome :P
Yea, we ended up changing a Sep date to Aug for the bonuses our reception venue gave us (free canapes and pre dinner drinks area), is a winter special and we were considering the 1st weekend of June but that's exams for me usually plus we needed the few extra months to save :D
Bahaha, hope my guests don't turn up in trackies either!! I find Aussies are SO casual about weddings, in the UK it's still a hat and gloves kind of affair!

heartstringz wrote:
Hi everyone!

I'm hoping that it won't be too cold, but I am looking into shawls for the BM's (and for myself for the reception).

I feel so un-organised compared to the rest of you! We have the venue booked and the catering organised, but that's about it. I know which flowers I am going to get but I am just waiting on my dress (which I haven't found yet). BM's have seen a few styles of dresses that they liked, which is good as one is going overseas in March 2011 so we have to have their dresses organised by then.

Also, got some ideas for the colour scheme, which is giving us a starting point for thinking about all the other aspects (decorations etc).

Where are you getting married in Brisbane? I live on the Gold Coast, but when we first moved to Aus we lived in Bris.
I dont think it'd be too cold that time of year but shawls would probably be a good idea, especially if you're on the river.
Good luck on the dress hunting!

heartstringz
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:45 am

dandas wrote:
heartstringz wrote:
Hi everyone!

Where are you getting married in Brisbane? I live on the Gold Coast, but when we first moved to Aus we lived in Bris.
I dont think it'd be too cold that time of year but shawls would probably be a good idea, especially if you're on the river.
Good luck on the dress hunting!

We are getting married at Bulimba, right on the edge of the Brisbane River. :)

jasmine&paul

Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:18 am

Yay i now have a wedding date twin lol

I think you sound pretty organised considering your signature says you only got engaged a few weeks ago!! Goodluck with the dress shopping I have found that the most exciting part!!

heartstringz
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:21 pm

jasmine&paul wrote:
Yay i now have a wedding date twin lol

I think you sound pretty organised considering your signature says you only got engaged a few weeks ago!! Goodluck with the dress shopping I have found that the most exciting part!!

Hi, where are you getting married?

I just found my dress tonight! I'm still buzzing, it looks incredibly beautiful! :D

jasmine&paul

Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:26 am

Oh yay how exciting bout the dress !! Any details?

Im getting married in Gosford in NSW dont know if you know the area?!

I have my make up trial tomorrow excited but a little nervous as at the start of the week i had a few dreams where it looked badddd!

brenda_m

Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:23 am

I am another August 2011 bride :) We are getting married in the Hunter Valley on Sunday the 28th of Aug. We had originally planned to get married the first weekend in September but then changed it to the last weekend in Aug as the reception package price was cheaper.

I'm not concerned about the weather. I was bridesmaid at my best friends wedding at the beginning of August this year. It was a bit chilly when we were walking around the grounds to get photos, but we were way too excited to be bothered by the cold. You don't really notice it as your mind is elsewhere. Afterwards it was nice and cosy and warm in the reception :)

jasmine&paul

Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:27 pm

Welcome brenda! We also were planning the 3/9 but due to the cheaper price in aug we went with the last weekend! Why did you guys choose the sunday?

I am hoping to update my s&t over the weekend!

brenda_m

Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:58 pm

Thank you for the Welcome :)

It took us a while to decide if we wanted the Wedding on a Saturday or Sunday. In the end we decided on the Sunday for a couple of reasons. We wanted guests to be able to stay at the venue if they wanted, however, there is a minium 2 night stay on Friday and Saturday. On the Sunday they only need to pay for 1 nights accommodation. We also thought the Sunday night is less likely to book out quickly. They venue can also cater for a couple of weddings a day and we thought it less likely they would have another one on a Sunday. Also, originally we thought we might have the hens and bucks on the Friday night so that the out of town people don't miss out. Not entirely sure if we will still do that as we still might be feeling the effects on the Sunday :p The last reason was that we thought there would be less chance of the suppliers we want being booked out on a Sunday.

I'll check out your s&t :)

jasmine&paul

Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:33 pm

all your reasoning sounds good!! Have you booked many things yet? Which reception venue are you using in the hunter valley?

Yeh i wanted to have my hens like a month before but im now leaning towards the week before as three of my friends will be overseas & then friends in other states can come too! But im a bit worred i wont recover in the week! And it may be an expensive 2 weeks for my guests! Paul will be having his at least 6 weeks before as he was involved in a biff at a mates bucks nights & ended up with a split chin :evil: i dont want no black eyes in my wedding pics :P

brenda_m

Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:05 pm

We are using the Sebel Kirkton Park. We have booked a DJ, A Photographer, Mobile Hair and Makeup, Celebrant and the Cake. Not sure if we will have any other people to book aside from that. I'm probably forgetting something :p We aren't having cars and I'm doing the table decorations myself.

Yikes about the split chin! I hope that it healed up ok.

amy13

Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:37 pm

Hi

We're getting married August 13th in Coffs Harbour. Very excited!!

jasmine&paul

Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:53 am

yay! more august brides!! welcome amy have you started much planning? if not you will find so much great info on this forum its great!!

Brenda he actually has a scar on this chin from that night!! Boys :roll:

Im pretty sure i have decided on my bridesmaid dresses!! Another thing nearly ticked off!!

amy13

Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:12 pm

Thanks!

Yeh im loving looking through this forum. Ive started. Have booked venue, photographer and celebrant so far. The boy also bought his suit.

I have figured out my invitations and bought the stuff to DIY (I love stationary!) and I have made my guestbook. I have scrapbooked an album and everyone Im inviting to the wedding has a photo in there and an envelope they can slip well wishes into!!

I am also at uni whilst Im working, so Im trying to get stuff done in the holidays.

We've been together for nearly 7 years now so I am very excited as its well overdue!

jasmine&paul

Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:53 am

Amy you seem pretty organised too!! Have you got your dress? Are you having bridesmaids? You should start a show & tell so we can see pics!

Do you live in coffs harbour? Wat are you doing at uni?

Hoping the ten months will fly I'm ready to roll !!

amy13

Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:22 pm

Ha ha questions! No, not got my dress yet. I have lost 10 kilos so far, but still would like to lose a bit more so the dress will have to wait until im ready.
Do you have ur dress organised?

Im having just one bridesmaid - my sister.

Yep, living in Coffs, doing a B Social Science.

Im an organised kinda person and I am loving planning this wedding!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.23