A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

jasmine&paul
I survived and got married

Re: August 2011

Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:06 am

Yeh it was a bit like 20 questions!!

I ordered my dress in January & then picked it up in August so its ready to go! The store couldnt gaurantee it would still be available so mum just ordered it that day!!

Ashie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:53 am

Ahh wedding planning, I'm back on the planning wagon after being sick the last few weeks.

We're meeting with a celebrant this afternoon, should be interesting, it's the first celebrant we've spoken to so I don't really know what to expect, but I'm excited.

jasmine&paul

Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:52 am

hey girls im no longer an august bride!! Had a few dramas with my booked reception venue this week & then after looking around no one would offer cheaper prices for winter so i have changed back to my original plan october! All other suppliers have been able to change to saturday 15th october so a longer wait but it will be warmer & daylight savings which is a big positive!!!

Goodluck with all ur planning hope you feel better ash & celebant meeting went well xx

brenda_m

Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:40 pm

Sorry to hear hat you had dramas with the reception Jasmine. Hopefully the date in October works out even better for you. It will be a beautiful time of the year :)

dandas
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:17 pm

Sorry to hear you won't be with us anymore jasmine! But glad your plans are now working out.

Ashie wrote:
Ahh wedding planning, I'm back on the planning wagon after being sick the last few weeks.

We're meeting with a celebrant this afternoon, should be interesting, it's the first celebrant we've spoken to so I don't really know what to expect, but I'm excited.

How did your meeting go?
We had a previous celebrant cancel on us (he's decided to no longer do weddings due to family commitments) so we met with someone he recommended on Sat and he's lovely. So we put down our deposit for him and he's going to forward all the necessary paperwork so we can start organising the ceremony, which I'm so excited about!
We also chose our rings on Sat too, so now we're super poor but YAY! I love having successful wedding weekends.

How are everyone else's plans coming along?

Ashie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:14 am

dandas wrote:
Ashie wrote:

How did your meeting go?
We had a previous celebrant cancel on us (he's decided to no longer do weddings due to family commitments) so we met with someone he recommended on Sat and he's lovely. So we put down our deposit for him and he's going to forward all the necessary paperwork so we can start organising the ceremony, which I'm so excited about!
We also chose our rings on Sat too, so now we're super poor but YAY! I love having successful wedding weekends.

How are everyone else's plans coming along?

We loved our celebrant, she's quite laid back which suits us really well, and she is marrying another girl whom I worked with, so that kind of worked out well.

On Saturday we made an impromptu stop off into a new stationery/invite store which cropped up over the last few months, and it looks like we've decided on our invites and everything. So we're going to book that in sometime this week and hopefully send out our 'save the dates' by the end of November.

We're also hoping to arrange to see the band we're interested in sometime in December as they do monthly showcases where you can see them live and talk to them etc instead of relying on their demo CD, so that could be fun.

In the meantime I'm going to my best friends wedding this month (I can't believe it's November!!) and I've bought a nice blue dress, but now I've got to find shoes and accessories!

marnyb

Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:32 pm

Hello all, I am an August bride to be. The 27th August to be exact. I came across this forum while researching photographers and it has been very helpful. I am looking at Roy Leigh in Townsville. He has really good prices and I really like his style of photos. I have only seen mostly good feedback about him so he is looking like a goer once I have a chat to him to see if we gel. Cross fingers.

bekm

Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:04 pm

Hi,i am another August 2011 bride,We are getting married on the 26th at Malolo Island Resort in Fiji.Its going to be great to share our special day with our family and close friends and have a wonderful family holiday at the same time we have two little girls that i'm sure are going to love it :D

Loook forward to hearing about everyone's planning :D

bernie

Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:31 pm

i forgot about this thread after i intially posted but i see august 20 is a popular date

we are getting married in wollongong
im not worried about the weather my dress shall keep me warm and my bridesmaids opted for short dresses so i dont think they are worried either

we booked and paid for our honeymoon last week so excited about that cant wait to go on holidays again

Ayla01
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:34 am

marnyb wrote:
Hello all, I am an August bride to be. The 27th August to be exact. I came across this forum while researching photographers and it has been very helpful. I am looking at Roy Leigh in Townsville. He has really good prices and I really like his style of photos. I have only seen mostly good feedback about him so he is looking like a goer once I have a chat to him to see if we gel. Cross fingers.

Hey...i'm also in Townsville and an August bride. Where are you looking at for your venue? We've just booked the Turf Club. The room is a bit small and shabby but the grounds are awesome and the functions co-ordinator is brilliant. i've found a lot of the function people here are a bit sloppy in returning phone calls and emails. They know there aren't a lot of options so they dont worry about the service. But she's been fantastic and has taken my crazy bridezilla questions in her stride as well as always being prompt and accomodating.

Nikki26

Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:18 am

Hi Everyone,

Im new to this board and I LOVE IT!

I am also a August 2011 Bride, getting married on 12th August 2011... In Syndey

Loving the planning, and we are almost pretty much done! :heart: Very exciting!

Getting some good hints and tips off this site so thanks everyone! :D

BrokenHeadBride

Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:10 pm

Hello August Brides :D

So happy I found this forum, has been so helpful.....FH is not into organising haha

Getting married 6 Aug 2011 at Broken Head in NSW....near Byron Bay

Cant wait :heart:

dandas
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:42 pm

So great to see everyone's plans coming along!

WELCOME, BrokenHeadBride and Nikki26, do you have s&T's yet?

Been busy planning our engagement party, which is in 3 weeks so wedding stuff have been on a bit of a backburner at the moment.
FH's ring came in though and I didn't tell him. Brought it home for him and he was so excited and wanted to wear around the house (just for one night :D ) It was so exciting and adorable that he was so excited!

So so happy that I am now officially under 3/4 of a year to go! Yay!!

BrokenHeadBride

Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:14 am

Haha thats cute!!
I love seeing FH getting all excited....

I havent stared a S&T yet, have a few days off work this week so will have to figure out uploading pics etc and get one going

Off to check out that bit out now :D

Ashie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:39 pm

How's everyone going with like, 8 months to go?!

I've been lazy (I'm always lazy!) and have only just organised the florist (although that's done and paid for up front so at least I don't need to worry about that anymore!) and I'm going dress shopping on Saturday for the second time (I'm fairly certain I've picked out my dress but Mum wants the 'experience' of a proper bridal store since we only have been to like formal type shops, not a 100% bridal store..)

How is everyone else coming along with their planning?

dandas
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:51 pm

Hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Year, we're all now getting married this year! Haha, it was the first thing I said to FH after "Happy New Year!"

We had our engagement party the week before Christmas, it all went wonderfully, we started at 3pm, and didnt get to bed til ~ 2.30am! So much for my theory that the wedding venue closing at midnight wouldn;t be an issue, oh well they'll just have to go party in their rooms :)

I did my complete to do list today, which is a little scary, I thought I was really organised, apparently not!
BrokenHeadBride wrote:
Haha thats cute!!
I love seeing FH getting all excited....

I havent stared a S&T yet, have a few days off work this week so will have to figure out uploading pics etc and get one going

Off to check out that bit out now :D

Me too, it was so cute!
S&T yet?

Ashie wrote:

I've been lazy (I'm always lazy!) and have only just organised the florist (although that's done and paid for up front so at least I don't need to worry about that anymore!) and I'm going dress shopping on Saturday for the second time (I'm fairly certain I've picked out my dress but Mum wants the 'experience' of a proper bridal store since we only have been to like formal type shops, not a 100% bridal store..)

How did your dress shopping go? I went once, and then found my (perfect, amazing) dress on Ebay so the other day one of BM and I went and tried on dresses together, saying we were both engaged! :oops: :oops: It was a bit naughty, but I wanted that bridal store experience again :)

Ashie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:36 pm

dandas wrote:

Ashie wrote:

How did your dress shopping go? I went once, and then found my (perfect, amazing) dress on Ebay so the other day one of BM and I went and tried on dresses together, saying we were both engaged! :oops: :oops: It was a bit naughty, but I wanted that bridal store experience again :)

Haha that is sneaky!!

Wedding dress shopping for the second time was interesting.. this time we went to actual bridal stores (our first trip we just went to a formal/eventwear store which had bridal gowns), and it was a totally different experience. The first place we went to were lovely, very patient, not pushy, the girl and I got on really well, talking about where we'd been out the night before, etc etc

The other stores were a bit crap though - one of them, Mum and I were like 'We like X, Y, Z, we don't like A, B, C' (simple things - I wanted a princessy ball gown type thing, with crystals, and I don't like lace, or simple silhouettes like grecian gowns etc) and this woman kept bringing out simple grecian-like gowns and I kept saying 'No, I want something, bigger, fancier, etc' and she got so p*ssy with me and after about 5 minutes just turned and said 'You know what, we just don't stock for the larger girl, these are all size 10's so you wont be able to try on anything anyway!' so with that Mum and I said 'Fine, shove it!' and left.

Just to note, the dress I ended up picking, the sample was a size 12!! So I highly doubt a size 10 would've been THAT much of a struggle; it doesn't need to fit *perfectly* to give you an idea ffs!

So in the end I've picked a Maggie dress (Monalisa), and I've paid for it and everything - I bought some veil, on a whim, with a swarovski drop crystals on it. It's gorgeous, but it's strapless and so now I've amped it up with my PT a lot harder to lose weight and work on my upper body (especially my arms)!

Speaking of which, my Zumba class starts in 10minutes, off I go to shake these kilos off my body ;)

dandas
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:36 pm

Ashie wrote:
Haha that is sneaky!!

Wedding dress shopping for the second time was interesting.. this time we went to actual bridal stores (our first trip we just went to a formal/eventwear store which had bridal gowns), and it was a totally different experience. The first place we went to were lovely, very patient, not pushy, the girl and I got on really well, talking about where we'd been out the night before, etc etc

The other stores were a bit crap though - one of them, Mum and I were like 'We like X, Y, Z, we don't like A, B, C' (simple things - I wanted a princessy ball gown type thing, with crystals, and I don't like lace, or simple silhouettes like grecian gowns etc) and this woman kept bringing out simple grecian-like gowns and I kept saying 'No, I want something, bigger, fancier, etc' and she got so p*ssy with me and after about 5 minutes just turned and said 'You know what, we just don't stock for the larger girl, these are all size 10's so you wont be able to try on anything anyway!' so with that Mum and I said 'Fine, shove it!' and left.

Just to note, the dress I ended up picking, the sample was a size 12!! So I highly doubt a size 10 would've been THAT much of a struggle; it doesn't need to fit *perfectly* to give you an idea ffs!

So in the end I've picked a Maggie dress (Monalisa), and I've paid for it and everything - I bought some veil, on a whim, with a swarovski drop crystals on it. It's gorgeous, but it's strapless and so now I've amped it up with my PT a lot harder to lose weight and work on my upper body (especially my arms)!

Speaking of which, my Zumba class starts in 10minutes, off I go to shake these kilos off my body ;)

Oh my goodness! You're dress is incredible, I'm so jealous! I absolutely love pickups, I bought my dress when we were getting married on the beach and now we're getting married in a more formal garden setting and so I'm having serious dress envy over dresses that now suit my venue. I know FH absolutely love pick ups (he thinks they're sexy :lol: ) and my dress is a simple A-line...
Sorry vent over, just having TERRIBLE dress envy today, and your dress is not helping (that's a compliment btw :))

How rude about the shop assistants, I swear they think they're gods, not just retail workers (not that there is anything wrong with working retail but you know what I mean!) When I mentioned a beach wedding, they totally pushed all these grecian style dresses on me too, when I specifically said I wanted ANYTHING but that! SO so frustrating. Cant believe they said something about your size, uh that's why you order the dress in your size, you try on samples to get an idea, especially with corset backs, you just dont do em up and they most people! How rude, glad you left!

Good luck with your PT and Zumba, I'm only a size 10 but those strapless dresses are pretty unforgiving and I'm definitely "soft" so they squish all my fat bits, not a good look. Need a PT to kick my butt into gear :)

brenda_m

Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:24 pm

Hi fellow August brides! How’s the planning going? Hope all your plans are coming along well :)

We took a break from wedding planning over the Christmas and New Years period but we are starting to get stuck back into it again.

I’ve booked in my hair and make up trial for the 20th of May. It’s our 4 year anniversary from when we started dating, so I thought it might be fun to get all glammed up and go out somewhere nice for dinner.

On the weekend we went for a picnic and went through all the stuff the celebrant gave us. Aside from our vows and choosing songs, the ceremony is all sorted. Woo!

dandas
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:10 pm

brenda_m wrote:
Hi fellow August brides! How’s the planning going? Hope all your plans are coming along well :)

We took a break from wedding planning over the Christmas and New Years period but we are starting to get stuck back into it again.

I’ve booked in my hair and make up trial for the 20th of May. It’s our 4 year anniversary from when we started dating, so I thought it might be fun to get all glammed up and go out somewhere nice for dinner.

On the weekend we went for a picnic and went through all the stuff the celebrant gave us. Aside from our vows and choosing songs, the ceremony is all sorted. Woo!

Our plans are going well, thank you :) We're also starting to go through all our ceremony stuff. I love doing it, it seems so official lol. How cute that you went and sorted through it on a picnic! That sounds so sweet!
I'm having my hair trial in a few weeks which is pretty exciting, but having done for your anniversary is a great idea. I should've done that and used it as an excuse to glam up :)
Hope everyone elses plans are going well, not long now!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.49