♥ Married a Muggle ♥
♥ Married a Muggle ♥

Re: October 2011

Mon May 09, 2011 6:06 pm

caz wrote:
nwyfre wrote:
Five months to go...holy cr@p! Seriously beginning to freak out now LOL

YAY getting so close now. 5 months will FLY by

No! Don't say that! I don't have much left to do, but we've got no money left to do them!

caz
Finally the Mrs to my Mr
Finally the Mrs to my Mr

Mon May 09, 2011 6:27 pm

nwyfre wrote:
caz wrote:
nwyfre wrote:
Five months to go...holy cr@p! Seriously beginning to freak out now LOL

YAY getting so close now. 5 months will FLY by

No! Don't say that! I don't have much left to do, but we've got no money left to do them!

hahahaha but it will. its going fast for me and i still have heaps to do.

hannah13
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon May 09, 2011 6:30 pm

YAY getting so close now. 5 months will FLY by[/quote]

No! Don't say that! I don't have much left to do, but we've got no money left to do them![/quote]

hahahaha but it will. its going fast for me and i still have heaps to do.[/quote]

me too! I have soo much left to do its going soooooo FAST!

KCupcake21
I need a title
I need a title

Tue May 10, 2011 12:53 pm

So little time, so much to do!

We've got our pre-wedding councelling session comming up in two weekends time...so it's all becomming very real.

I'll also have to make a start on my invitations, centrepieces & actually buy my jewellery.

Add to that, l have to decide upon my bridesmaids bouquets as well - mine is sorted, as are the buttonholes & coursages - but don't know what i want for my girls, which also will dictate my table centres (these are matching the girls' bouquets).

Also next big task - decide upon the honeymoon, has anyone else noticed the price increase in accomodation costs & flights since mid April? I thought i'd figured it all out where i was going, & then came back from holidays to find the package has gone up $600 in price & the flights doubled - so my $3500 honeymoon now will cost $5000!

OK - should not start listing down on here - it's looking a bit frightening...my calendar planner looks a little less intimidating than this list!

missEbali
Mrs DG
Mrs DG

Tue May 10, 2011 1:09 pm

Where are you going for your honeymoon? I've found because of the strong aussie dollar, a lot of flights are full and seats are getting very expensive!!

KCupcake21
I need a title
I need a title

Tue May 10, 2011 3:32 pm

We were planning on going up to Daydream Island - we are planning an 8 week European trip next year, so a quick 4 nighter on Daydream was our plan - the current lookings are 4 nights on Hamilton now - which seems to have not changed in price too much & i get more for my money :D

We've done a fair bit of travel through SE asia & the south pacific in the past 7 years, so we figured lets go local for this trip - though given Tourism Qld are trying to encourage people here (unfortunately i know all to well that the qld tourism industry is as bad as they are saying), i'm surprised at the price increase.

missEbali
Mrs DG
Mrs DG

Tue May 10, 2011 3:43 pm

Hamilton Island looks beautiful - I have always wanted to go there....

Thats true, you would think that if they are trying to entice everyone to go to QLD, they would have a little sale or some specials maybe?

Summer_bride
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue May 10, 2011 4:33 pm

ok dress news...

Took the dress down to show mum on the weekend and now im more happy about it, she said it was beautiful and that the loose threads will be easy to fix .. so now im really happy about my dress yay!! I will need to replace the brooch on the front and the silver band needs to be restitched other than that it suits me to a tee so Im a happy bride at the moment. Because i complained about the dress Im getting $60au back - so all up my dress only cost $100 plus the price of alterations so it was a good bargain I think, and worth the gamble!

We have an appointment to get the BM measured for their dress on Sunday and then they will be ordered so thats another thing of the list. I bought their bracelets off ebay the other day, just gotta decide on necklace.earings and my jewlery and that will be another thing of the list.

The favour boxes have arrived so I need to make an appointment with our chocolate maker to see how many will fit in the box and work out flavours and costs..

hannah13
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue May 10, 2011 5:54 pm

Summer_bride wrote:
ok dress news...

Took the dress down to show mum on the weekend and now im more happy about it, she said it was beautiful and that the loose threads will be easy to fix .. so now im really happy about my dress yay!! I will need to replace the brooch on the front and the silver band needs to be restitched other than that it suits me to a tee so Im a happy bride at the moment. Because i complained about the dress Im getting $60au back - so all up my dress only cost $100 plus the price of alterations so it was a good bargain I think, and worth the gamble!

We have an appointment to get the BM measured for their dress on Sunday and then they will be ordered so thats another thing of the list. I bought their bracelets off ebay the other day, just gotta decide on necklace.earings and my jewlery and that will be another thing of the list.

The favour boxes have arrived so I need to make an appointment with our chocolate maker to see how many will fit in the box and work out flavours and costs..

Oh I am so happy you have warmed to your dress :D $100 is definitely worth the gamble, what a bargain!

nwyfre
♥ Married a Muggle ♥
♥ Married a Muggle ♥

Tue May 10, 2011 6:05 pm

hannah13 wrote:
Summer_bride wrote:
ok dress news...

Oh I am so happy you have warmed to your dress :D $100 is definitely worth the gamble, what a bargain!

Could not have said it better! I'm so glad you've warmed to it now that the initial shock is over!

KCupcake21
I need a title
I need a title

Wed May 11, 2011 10:30 am

nwyfre wrote:
hannah13 wrote:
Summer_bride wrote:
ok dress news...

Could not have said it better! I'm so glad you've warmed to it now that the initial shock is over!

Oh so very exciting! The best thing with the brooch is that you can replace it with something different if you want - i've noticed there are a ton of beautiful brooches outh there in the shops at the moment too!

Also yum to the chocolate!

caz
Finally the Mrs to my Mr
Finally the Mrs to my Mr

Wed May 11, 2011 1:06 pm

Oh so very exciting! The best thing with the brooch is that you can replace it with something different if you want - i've noticed there are a ton of beautiful brooches outh there in the shops at the moment too!

Also yum to the chocolate!

There sure is and there are some stunnign ones online as well. Im sure you will find something that is completely perfect for your dress

nwyfre
♥ Married a Muggle ♥
♥ Married a Muggle ♥

Fri May 13, 2011 6:25 pm

Well, after re-doing my big scary this, this is all we've got to do... 8O

TO DO...
- Finalise Altar
- Decide on Cars
- Colouring-in books for kids
- Choose music for iPod
- Finalise emergency bag
- MOB and MOG outfits
- Menu selection
- Print OOS books
- Go over ceremony with celebrant
- Buy FH's vest and Chuck Taylors

MONEY STILL TO BE HANDED OVER
- Harvester Moon (venue)
- Photographer
- Celebrant
- Cars
- Accomodation
- Honeymoon FLIGHTS ONLY

missEbali
Mrs DG
Mrs DG

Fri May 13, 2011 8:51 pm

^^ I wish I had that much left to do! I keep procrastinating and time keeps on ticking!

caz
Finally the Mrs to my Mr
Finally the Mrs to my Mr

Sun May 15, 2011 7:06 pm

SOOOOO pissed right now.that is all

alwayz_shopping
Straddie Super Bride
Straddie Super Bride

Mon May 16, 2011 11:36 am

caz wrote:

:evil: Sympathy pissed! (Not sure why but that's ok, lol)

nwyfre
♥ Married a Muggle ♥
♥ Married a Muggle ♥

Mon May 16, 2011 1:47 pm

alwayz_shopping wrote:
caz wrote:

:evil: Sympathy pissed! (Not sure why but that's ok, lol)

Me too :twisted:

nwyfre
♥ Married a Muggle ♥
♥ Married a Muggle ♥

Mon May 16, 2011 1:54 pm

I had my early hens night Saturday night. On Sunday I realised I should've invited my SIL but her and brother dearest are always busy...

I drank SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much! My three cousins (only ones who could come) rocked up at 5 and immediately asked why I didn't have a glass of wine in my hands LOL

They gave me a Disney Princess cup and made sure it was never empty, AND a black pen!s straw! I lost count after 7 jelly shots (my tongue is still sore from getting the jelly out!), three slippery nipples, a margarita (not a fan), the best of the itty bitty Baileys, countless top ups of wine, skittles shots, and then absinthe. The illegial 68% absinthe.

Oh my gods! My mouth watered so much I almost choked on my own silivah afterwards! I have never drank so much in one night before, was drunk by 6.30, and then at 3am I woke up with a resting heartbeat of 99bpm (my normal resting is 65bpm) and the room was still spinning!

Such a great night, though!

GZIP: On | Load: 0.56